PDA

View Full Version : whats the craziest thing anyone said to you while dancing

fletch
21st-August-2006, 12:07 PM
I was chatting to a friend on HMS President yesterday, and he said he had just had a dance with a a 'real babe' who had asked him the time, he asked if she had to go somewhere and her reply was 'yes I have to leave at 5pm to get home in time for the omnibus edition of Coronation St' :what: (real babes have videos):rolleyes: but it got us wondering what was the craziest thing ever said to you. :eek:

Aleks
21st-August-2006, 12:09 PM
It's not that crazy, but it left a me a little perplexed......"my friend says you dance like a show girl".

fletch
21st-August-2006, 12:12 PM
I suppose it depends on the show

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:17 PM
Yesterday at Howard & Nicola's Blues workshop.....

Background first.... we had been dancing blues at the back of the room and then Tessalicious gave me one of her fab hugs and a kiss to cheer me up :grin:

I was sat having lunch with ESG and Tessalicious when a young chap came over to talk to myself and the Licious....

Him: Where do you two normally dance then?
Me N Licious: Err Muswell Hill, Ashtons, all over really!
Him: Is that where you two met then? :eek:

I didn' think anything of it until Miss Licious turned round to me and said ' you do realise he thought we were a couple' :rofl:

Andreas
It's not that crazy, but it left a me a little perplexed......"my friend says you dance like a show girl".

If somebody said that to me I'd ask them to find new friends. :eek:

Him: Is that where you two met then? :eek:

I didn' think anything of it until Miss Licious turned round to me and said ' you do realise he thought we were a couple' :rofl:

Girl, you are slow. :na:

To me it must have been 'Are you single?' What sort of question is that? Am I dancing like I have nobody to practice with or what? :whistle:

Aleks
I suppose it depends on the show

That's exactly what I thought....

Trousers
21st-August-2006, 12:21 PM
I went to Bath Ginger Jive about 5 years ago with a girlfriend and we got asked if we were the entertainment?

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:22 PM
Girl, you are slow. :na:

Not normally, but the thought never crossed my mind :rolleyes: I thought he was just being friendly :innocent:

Andreas
21st-August-2006, 12:24 PM
Not normally, but the thought never crossed my mind :rolleyes: I thought he was just being friendly :innocent:

In other circumstances being friendly can have life-changing results, particularly noticeable about nine months later. :yum:

fletch
21st-August-2006, 12:28 PM
I went to Bath Ginger Jive about 5 years ago with a girlfriend and we got asked if we were the entertainment?

:waycool:

That normally me and the Witty1 when we get there :rofl:

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:28 PM
In other circumstances being friendly can have life-changing results, particularly noticeable about nine months later. :yum:

:rofl: he wasn't my type

Lory
21st-August-2006, 12:32 PM
To me it must have been 'Are you single?' What sort of question is that?

I was mid dance once, when the guy said........ so your married? I replied, yes:) and then he said, Oh! I don't usually dance with the married ones!

:what: :rolleyes:

fletch
21st-August-2006, 12:34 PM
When I was at STORM I was dancing with a guy and got chatting, at the end of the track he asked if I wanted to continue the chat over a coffee,:flower: when we got the counter to order he asked if I had 50p on me :what: in this dress:eek: sorry no pockets:na:

However he did offer to get me a coffee on the president yesterday (no 50p needed):wink:

:rofl:

Alice
21st-August-2006, 12:36 PM
After a dance at the Jive Bar (my first ceroc outing in London) the guy turned to me and said

You're a bit young for ceroc aren't you??:what:

and he wasn't even that old himself- can't have been much more than 40...

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:40 PM
:waycool:

That normally me and the Witty1 when we get there :rofl:

:blush: I don't know what you mean :D

Andreas
21st-August-2006, 12:43 PM
You're a bit young for ceroc aren't you??:what:

Isn't that a clever way to ask for your age? :na:

frodo
21st-August-2006, 07:48 PM
I was mid dance once, when the guy said........ so your married? I replied, yes:) and then he said, Oh! I don't usually dance with the married ones!

:what: :rolleyes:If you come from a culture where married couples generally only dance together, it seems both legitimate and understandable in that context.

Daisy Chain
21st-August-2006, 09:30 PM
what was the craziest thing ever said to you. :eek:

"Will you marry me?" by a complete stranger :eek: at Marcus Garvey one cold November Monday.

Daisy

(An Already Taken Little FLower)

Little Monkey
21st-August-2006, 11:46 PM
'Do you have some Irish in you? No? Would you like some?' :eek: :rofl:

Have also had two or three guys exclaiming 'Ooooh, marry me!' :D

Beowulf
21st-August-2006, 11:58 PM
I often ask women to marry me.. it's the blunderbuss effect. sooner or later one will get hit !!

not really the craziest thing I've had said to me.. but certainly the most frequent and most annoying

"Are you Gadgets Brother ?"

NO! I'M NOT !!!

WittyBird
22nd-August-2006, 12:02 AM
' are you looking for a man or do you prefer women'

asked to me at Whetstone tonight :rolleyes:

I was in b1tch mode and said 'Women would win over you, sorry '

Andreas
22nd-August-2006, 07:02 AM

:rofl: I should try that one one day. :whistle:

Miguel
22nd-August-2006, 08:19 AM
"I worry about my pension".

...and she wasn't that old.

Trousers
22nd-August-2006, 08:48 AM

I'm sorry Witty but that is funny!
Mind you I'd hate it if some one asked me if I preferred guys!

Thats sort of twice in two occaisions out now init? Maybe you should try it!

:flower: :whistle: :innocent:

WittyBird
22nd-August-2006, 08:56 AM
Thats sort of twice in two occaisions out now init? Maybe you should try it!

And when I do I will let you watch...... Perhaps it's a date for your diary - when Hell freezes over. :rolleyes:

fletch
22nd-August-2006, 09:06 AM
"I worry about my pension".

...and she wasn't that old.

Perhaps she thought you might be an expert on pensions, given your age:whistle:

:D

P.S. do you have 50p on you :rofl:

Twirly
22nd-August-2006, 11:59 AM
I once got asked by a guy if I thought that there were any women suitable for marrying in the place… I wasn’t sure whether to be offended that he obviously thought I wasn’t one of them or pleased that he wasn’t interested in me! He then followed up by saying that he was looking for a wife, when I asked why, he said he’d reached the age where he thought he should have one… :what:

Wonder if it’s the same guy who has been proposing to all these other women? :confused:

Lory
22nd-August-2006, 12:58 PM
Last Wednesday (WB is my witness) a very annoying guy, wrapped me in to face him, then tried to kiss me. :really: :sick:

When I pulled away sharply and said NO WAY! He exclaimed, I'm from Marrakech! ... If we dance with a beautiful lady and enjoy it, we always try to kiss them :what:

What did he expect me to say? Aw well, that's all right then :angry:

Donna
22nd-August-2006, 01:02 PM
'Do you have some Irish in you? No? Would you like some?' :eek: :rofl:

:eek: :rofl: What the HELL do you say to that? :rofl: Just er: :blush: I think. Oh yeah, and walk away! Mind you, if he's good looking....:wink: :D

WittyBird
22nd-August-2006, 01:04 PM
Last Wednesday (WB is my witness) a very annoying guy, wrapped me in to face him, then tried to kiss me. :really: :sick:

Tis true:rofl: Lory's face was a picture :D
Hence I avoided him :eek:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-August-2006, 01:06 PM
When I pulled away sharply and said NO WAY! He exclaimed, I'm from Marrakech! ... If we dance with a beautiful lady and enjoy it, we always try to kiss them :what:

"Aah thats all right then, but where I come from we give every male an affectionate squeeze, pull and twist at the end of a good dance. Other women can see he has received this compliment when he walks funny for the rest of the night"

Donna
22nd-August-2006, 01:11 PM
"Aah thats all right then, but where I come from we give every male an affectionate squeeze, pull and twist at the end of a good dance. Other women can see he has received this compliment when he walks funny for the rest of the night"

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :respect: :rofl:

senorita
22nd-August-2006, 01:30 PM

WHAT!? :eek: terrible man :angry:

(Correct me if I'm wrong??) What he is telling you is a croak of sh1t! If he is where he is from, then that makes him a Muslim. Its their custom NOT to touch women! (So if I'm right),..... next time,... do a karate chop & kick him in the snake :nice:

fletch
22nd-August-2006, 02:18 PM

So if you dance with this man and he doesn't try to kiss you, does it make you an ugly bad dancer :what:

next time,... do a karate chop & kick him in the snake :nice:

and its probably more like a cocktail sausage than a snake :whistle:

WittyBird
22nd-August-2006, 06:23 PM
If he is where he is from, then that makes him a Muslim.

I'm confused now........ I am where I am from, does that make me a Muslim also?

Andreas
22nd-August-2006, 07:33 PM
kick him in the snake :nice:
Do they have snakes in Marrakesh?

No, because you are just thinking you are from where you are from. That is different and called delusional, if my French is correct.

senorita
23rd-August-2006, 08:49 AM
Do they have snakes in Marrakesh?
Is my French correct??.

Not sure. But apparently they have cocktail sausages!:rofl:

Your French is just doing fine youngman :wink:

senorita
23rd-August-2006, 08:52 AM

I dont know, cause I dont know what planet you came from :D :wink:

angelblue
23rd-August-2006, 09:12 AM
I once danced with a bit of a smarmy man who at the end of the dance commented
'you have the body of a 25 yr old!!!'

Feeling a bit uncomfortable a thanked him and swiftly exited the dance floor.....Not quite knowing what to make of the comment as I was 23 at the time!!Haha

Andreas
23rd-August-2006, 09:34 AM
Not sure. But apparently they have cocktail sausages!:rofl:
Over to fletch then :D

Your French is just doing fine youngman :wink:
Oh, that is encouraging. :whistle:

Andreas
23rd-August-2006, 10:05 AM
Feeling a bit uncomfortable a thanked him and swiftly excited the dance floor.....Not quite knowing what to make of the comment as I was 23 at the time!!Haha

Care to share? :devil: :yum:

Feelingpink
23rd-August-2006, 10:32 AM

What did he expect me to say? Aw well, that's all right then :angry:I like that he said he would "try" ... guess it's not always successful? :whistle: I hope you told him that he isn't in Marrakech now, he's in Britain, home of the stiff upper lip, what ho, and we don't do those kinds of things here.

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, there were many people dancing on the carpeted floor to a nice jazz trio. One of the guys was having an amazing time dancing with a number of women (I'd already photographed him skipping down the hallway, with his girlfriend saying "I have to live with that"). The trio then launched into "Take Five", so I thought that he would take a break. Um, no, he just danced around the floor on his own, doing a great job - very, very impressive ... and totally crazy. (Sorry it's not entirely a crazy thing someone said).

Daisy Chain
23rd-August-2006, 11:54 AM
Wonder if it’s the same guy who has been proposing to all these other women? :confused:

And I thought I was special :tears:

Daisy

(A Disillusioned Little Flower)

DJ Andy
23rd-August-2006, 02:16 PM
I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, there were many people dancing on the carpeted floor to a nice jazz trio. One of the guys was having an amazing time dancing with a number of women (I'd already photographed him skipping down the hallway, with his girlfriend saying "I have to live with that"). The trio then launched into "Take Five", so I thought that he would take a break. Um, no, he just danced around the floor on his own, doing a great job - very, very impressive ... and totally crazy. (Sorry it's not entirely a crazy thing someone said).

"We're fools whether we dance or not,so we might as well dance."
- Japanese proverb

Seems to cover it!

DJ Andy
23rd-August-2006, 02:20 PM
:blush: Cocked up quote box thing.
More practice needed.:sick:

fletch
23rd-August-2006, 03:00 PM
I he just danced around the floor on his own, doing a great job - very, very impressive ... and totally crazy.

"We're fools whether we dance or not,so we might as well dance."
- Japanese proverb

Sounds like a good plan to me :D

straycat
23rd-August-2006, 03:26 PM
Since we've strayed slightly from the original agenda :really:

Last night, chatting to some jugglers - subject had somehow (!) gotten onto dance, and a lass I didn't know asked in all seriousness whether it was ballet that I was into :rofl:

Although I suppose this is probably only funny for people who know what I look like :what:

Donna
23rd-August-2006, 03:31 PM
Since we've strayed slightly from the original agenda :really:

Last night, chatting to some jugglers - subject had somehow (!) gotten onto dance, and a lass I didn't know asked in all seriousness whether it was ballet that I was into :rofl:

Although I suppose this is probably only funny for people who know what I look like :what:

why not post a pic of yourself on the photo gallery, so I can have a laugh then? :D :rofl:

straycat
23rd-August-2006, 03:36 PM
why not post a pic of yourself on the photo gallery, so I can have a laugh then? :D :rofl:

Is the one on my profile not good enough? :whistle:

Donna
23rd-August-2006, 03:38 PM
Is the one on my profile not good enough? :whistle:

I can hardly see it! :nice: come on....

straycat
23rd-August-2006, 04:38 PM
I can hardly see it! :nice: come on....

Better?

Donna
23rd-August-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeeeeah................... :eek: Gosh you love playing with fire don't you!

straycat
23rd-August-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeeeeah................... :eek: Gosh you love playing with fire don't you!

Only literally :waycool:

Seahorse
23rd-August-2006, 06:37 PM
When dancing in battersea earlier this year, I was told by my partner as I asked her to dance that I was an acquired taste... :what:

angelblue
24th-August-2006, 08:02 AM
Care to share? :devil: :yum:

Woops!Haha, i really dont know how you would excite the dance floor!!

Barry Shnikov
27th-August-2006, 10:07 AM

(curses...stole my line...)

Barry Shnikov
27th-August-2006, 10:17 AM
Commonly said to me (but only since I moved to Southampton)
"Dancing with you is terrifying" (or similar).:what: :tears:

Two incidents, both happened to ladies of my acquaintance.

First, Jive Bar, circa 2002. My friend came off the dance floor, and said something to the effect "What a creep." As clearly required, I asked for more details. The lady in question was one of those ladies who does not say 'No', even to men with whom she doesn't want to dance. The man was a bit of a sleazy type, apparently, hands appearing in surprising places, and so forth.
Anyway, they'd been dancing, and he'd put her into a move where his mouth was near her ear (sway, possibly?) and said:

"Oh...now look what you've made me do." :eek:

Second, Cambridge, c. 1999

My friend Louise was dancing with (by common agreement and by a long chalk) the most stylish guy in the area. I was dancing close by. Louise was wearing a crop top with all her midriff showing. He put her into a spin, dropping to his knees. When she came back to face him, he pulled her towards him and kissed her tummy.
She was livid when she came off the dance floor, and never danced with him again.

bigdjiver
27th-August-2006, 10:42 AM
... My friend Louise was dancing with (by common agreement and by a long chalk) the most stylish guy in the area. I was dancing close by. Louise was wearing a crop top with all her midriff showing. He put her into a spin, dropping to his knees. When she came back to face him, he pulled her towards him and kissed her tummy.
She was livid when she came off the dance floor, and never danced with him again.This is the problem for us guys. I remember reading on the forum a posting by a lady that said she loved it when a partner did that.

:devil: To borrow someone elses sig: "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

Barry Shnikov
27th-August-2006, 02:45 PM
This is the problem for us guys. I remember reading on the forum a posting by a lady that said she loved it when a partner did that.

:devil: To borrow someone elses sig: "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

what...any partner? Really?

bigdjiver
27th-August-2006, 03:25 PM
what...any partner? Really?The circumstances were not clear, but nevertheless it was an uninvited approach. There is a danger, alas, in making every partner feel "special". Some men will alwys get it wrong.

David Bailey
27th-August-2006, 06:44 PM
This is the problem for us guys. I remember reading on the forum a posting by a lady that said she loved it when a partner did that.

Yeah, I know what you mean - sometimes you only know that something is unwelcome after the fact.

Another classic example along these lines would be first-time hair-pulling - you can hardly ask in advance if this would be welcome, can you?

Not that I know anything about such matters, that's just what I've heard...

Freya
28th-August-2006, 03:13 PM
Second, Cambridge, c. 1999

My friend Louise was dancing with (by common agreement and by a long chalk) the most stylish guy in the area. I was dancing close by. Louise was wearing a crop top with all her midriff showing. He put her into a spin, dropping to his knees. When she came back to face him, he pulled her towards him and kissed her tummy.
She was livid when she came off the dance floor, and never danced with him again.

My friend does a similar move and usually plants a little kiss on the ladies Tummy or blows a big Raspberry depending on Song, girl and mood. However he only does it on Friends that he knows vry well and don't mind! I would hate for a stranger or someone I don't know very well to do this as it's a bit invasive!

David Bailey
28th-August-2006, 03:26 PM
I would hate for a stranger or someone I don't know very well to do this as it's a bit invasive!
It's all about context, isn't it? No-one minds being "sleazed" by the right person, at the right time... :innocent:

Freya
28th-August-2006, 03:27 PM
It's all about context, isn't it? No-one minds being "sleazed" by the right person, at the right time... :innocent:
:rofl:

Indeed!!!!!! :devil:

Commis Chef
29th-August-2006, 11:23 AM
The most extreme reason I have been given for someone not dancing with me was when I asked him to dance he said,

' I can't dance with you because every time I do I get an erection'.

I didn't know him well and we had only danced a couple of times before. He wasn't sleazy and seemed quite embarrassed. I think I'll take it as a compliment especially at my age:what:

Allez-Cat
29th-August-2006, 12:08 PM
The first time I ever went to a Ceroc venue, the manager(ess) looked me straight in the eye and said, very severely, "This is not a pulling club, you know".

We're just good friends......

straycat
29th-August-2006, 12:13 PM
Long long while ago,
Having a fun, and NOT even slightly sleazy dance (honest) with one of several visitors from Other Parts... and she says:

"Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm really enjoying the dance, but can we tone it down a bit? My eight-year-old niece is watching, and her eyes are like saucers."

Not heard that one before or since...

FirstMove
29th-August-2006, 12:53 PM
Three quotes, all from forumites :eek: :-

After a polite request for a dance... "Are you up to it?"

Midway through a complex Jango slidey thing... "Do you have a plaster?"

Stop dancing midway through a song, turn around, chat briefly to friend, then... "Are you FirstMove?"

LemonCake
29th-August-2006, 01:18 PM
My friend does a similar move and usually plants a little kiss on the ladies Tummy or blows a big Raspberry depending on Song, girl and mood. However he only does it on Friends that he knows vry well and don't mind! I would hate for a stranger or someone I don't know very well to do this as it's a bit invasive!

hehe, I know who that is! :grin: I suppose it's our fault for wearing tops that reveal tempting midriff when in 'backbreaker' or similar vulnerable positions! :rolleyes:

CeeCee
29th-August-2006, 01:28 PM
This was a conversation between dances at a party...

Hi Carole, how’s the tango coming along?
Oh it’s great, I love it.
(A guy a couple of feet away, who we recognised from lots of jive venues, stepped closer)

Still enjoying it then, where are your tango classes?
I’ve tried a few places in London, seem to be travelling to North London mostly, good classes there.
(The chap moved closer and was obviously listening)

How long have you been learning it now?
Started in January and I’m hooked
(What was wrong with this guy?)

How often do you go?
A couple of times a week sometimes more if I can.
(Could he get much closer?)

Are there opportunities to practise?
Some venues run practise sessions or you can practise on your own at home.
(this guy was taking a very keen interest)

Do you have to take a partner or can you go on your own?
Oh it’s great, no need to take your own partner, lots of people turn up on their own and change partners in the class
(By now his eyes were wide open and his jaw dropped)

He could contain himself no longer and his increasing interest was explained by his question…

I’m sorry, can I just ask, did you say you’re learning Tantra?

Wishful thinking or what?

Cruella
29th-August-2006, 01:32 PM
Stop dancing midway through a song, turn around, chat briefly to friend, then... "Are you FirstMove?"

I didn't stop dancing, i was multitasking.:innocent:

Daisy Chain
30th-August-2006, 12:11 PM

One of my "regulars" told me not to worry about such a thing, as it was safely strapped to his knee :what: Oh, I've had many a happy dance trying to find it :devil:

Daisy

(A Gullible Little Flower)

fletch
30th-August-2006, 12:40 PM
The most extreme reason I have been given for someone not dancing with me was when I asked him to dance he said,

He wasn't sleazy

oooooer!:eek:

Pass him on please :wink:

Donna
30th-August-2006, 12:46 PM
One of my "regulars" told me not to worry about such a thing, as it was safely strapped to his knee :what: Oh, I've had many a happy dance trying to find it :devil:

Daisy

(A Gullible Little Flower)

If he ever happens to kick you.......:wink: you know why! :rofl:

Daisy Chain
30th-August-2006, 08:12 PM
If he ever happens to kick you.......:wink: you know why! :rofl:

Ooo, you've danced with him too! :rofl:

Daisy

(A Bruised Little Flower)