PDA

View Full Version : More accomodation drama

horsey_dude
26th-April-2003, 10:33 AM
Dundee dosn't have a YHA hostel... I have found a hotel I could afford (£39 per night) :-

THE FISHERMAN'S TAVERN HOTEL
10-16 Fort Street, Broughty Ferry
Dundee DD5 2AD

Can anynoe tell me if it is close to a: the bus terminal and b: CEROC?

Thanks.
HD.

p.s if there are any cheaper, more convenient hotels/hostels etc.. I would be keen to know of them.

TheTramp
26th-April-2003, 10:45 AM
Hiya HD

Found this one:

Anlast Three Chimneys, DUNDEE

379 Arbroath Road, DUNDEE, DD4 7SQ
Tel: 01382 456710
angus.three.chimneys@talk21.com

A warm and friendly greeting is extended to all guests at this immaculately maintained, family run guest house, situated on the northeast side of town. The comfortable bedrooms are attractively decorated and well equipped. Hearty breakfasts are served around a communal table in the lovely dining room.

Single room, standard rate from 25.00 to 35.00 GBP.

It's not as far out as Broughty Ferry, and on a pretty main road, so shouldn't be a problem for buses.

I'm sure that someone from Dundee will log on over the weekend though, and will probably be able to give you more help than a non-Dundee resident (yet). If you want to wait until August. You can come stay with me :D

Steve

horsey_dude
26th-April-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Hiya HD

If you want to wait until August. You can come stay with me :D

Steve

Thanks Steve but 3 months is a bit long to wait........

Steven
26th-April-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi HD

Glad to hear you are going to make it to Dundee. The Fishermans Tavern is in Broughty Ferry, which is about 5-6 miles from Dundee. You could get a bus to Broughty Ferry from the bus station in Dundee but you might not want that much hassle.

I am sure a lift could be arranged to get you to and from the ceroc venue.

The place on the Arbroath Road is slightly closer to Dundee but probably more awkward to get to than the Fishermans.

Can't think of any cheap places in Town off the top of my head but I will see what I can come up with and post later.

Cheers
Steven

John S
26th-April-2003, 06:03 PM
I have stayed at a couple of guest houses in the last few months and they have both been spotlessly clean, friendly and excellent value (£26 en suite, B&B - cheaper if not en suite).

Ardmoy, 359 Arbroath Road, 01382-453249 (Florence)

Ash Villa, 216 Arbroath Road, 01382-450831 (Jay)

I can recommend them both.

Don't know about public transport as I had my own car, but if it's a problem you would probably find someone locally willing to give you a lift on the night - which if you're going to the Invercarse Hotel would be better anyway as it's on the other side of the city and I guess you would need 2 buses.

Tiggerbabe
27th-April-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi HD!

ok - If you let me know where you are staying then I will gladly give you a lift both to and from the Invercarse.

Broughty Ferry and the Arbroath Road guest houses would both be on my way into the ceroc venue. Unfortunately have to work during the day and so wouldn't be able to meet you any earlier than 7pm-ish.

I'll send you a PM with my phone nos so you can call if you need me :wink: