PDA

View Full Version : A visit to Hampshire!

Freya
20th-August-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey there,

I'm coming down to Hampshire for the week before I go to Southport.

Was Thinking about going to the Fleet class on the Thursday night. But was wondering what the general concensus is and who if anyone I should look out for or rather look out for me?

I'm looking forward to Dancing out of Scotland for the First time when I'm Down! :eek:

Freya :hug:

spindr
20th-August-2006, 11:41 PM
Cerocplus at Fleet on Thursday gives you a few options in one venue: namely Lindy or beginners Ceroc, followed by intermediate Ceroc, or funky dance (with Adam & Taz). Oh, and the drinks are cheap if you buy the £1 bottles from the machine in the foyer :)

Or there's GingerJive on Wednesday, just across the Hants/Berks border.

SpinDr

Freya
20th-August-2006, 11:49 PM
Cerocplus at Fleet on Thursday gives you a few options in one venue: namely Lindy or beginners Ceroc, followed by intermediate Ceroc, or funky dance (with Adam & Taz). Funky dance sounds cool? A few options and the Chance to See lindy in the Flesh :wink: But Real question is it any good?

Oh, and the drinks are cheap if you buy the £1 bottles from the machine in the foyer :) The most important thing!!!! :grin:

Or there's GingerJive on Wednesday, just across the Hants/Berks border.

I only can really go to one thing! I'm down seeing Family so it's either wednesday or thursday night and the Attraction of Fleet was that it is only 10mins from where I'm staying! If there is something better then I'm open to sugestions!

Mostlysane
21st-August-2006, 12:14 AM
I recommend fleet. You get some good dancers down there, it's my regular venue for a thursday. It's not even been that busy recently.

Adam and Taz's classes are usually great fun and worth doing.

The music can be a bit boppy at times but there's stuff to play with as well.

And remember to have a dance with me if i'm around. :nice:

Freya
21st-August-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanx. Of course I'll have a dance with you. You'll just have to be there!

I'm down the week beginning Monday 11th Sept.

Mostlysane
21st-August-2006, 10:16 AM
Cool cool. Looking forwards to it. :nice:

Almost an Angel
21st-August-2006, 10:52 AM
Was Thinking about going to the Fleet class on the Thursday night. But was wondering what the general concensus is and who if anyone I should look out for or rather look out for me?

I'm a little biased - but Fleet is great - and I'm always there (probably as I work there) There is a lot on offer - especially as Adam & Tas teach there every week and Simon's Lindy Hop Class, in addition to the normal Ceroc classes with Dan.

As for someone looking out for you - ask for me at the Door - I'm sure to be about somewhere - and I'll be happy to introduce you around etc - we're a very friendly lot. :D

PM me if you want more details - and if you're only 10 mins away seems a shame not to come out to play. :flower:

Angel xx

straycat
21st-August-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey there,

I'm coming down to Hampshire for the week before I go to Southport.

Fleet's probably alright - but you want to be careful about getting much deeper into Hampshire. It does strange things to you (just look at Barry), and it can be very hard to escape - I only got out of Southampton by the skin of my teeth, and it took years to recover :really:

Freya
21st-August-2006, 12:26 PM
Fleet's probably alright - but you want to be careful about getting much deeper into Hampshire. It does strange things to you (just look at Barry), and it can be very hard to escape - I only got out of Southampton by the skin of my teeth, and it took years to recover :really::rofl: Daft Question who's Barry?

I'm a little biased - but Fleet is great - and I'm always there (probably as I work there) There is a lot on offer - especially as Adam & Tas teach there every week and Simon's Lindy Hop Class, in addition to the normal Ceroc classes with Dan. Sounds Great lots of Choice. What are Adam and Tas classes actually like - What is funky Dance?

As for someone looking out for you - ask for me at the Door - I'm sure to be about somewhere - and I'll be happy to introduce you around etc - we're a very friendly lot. :D
and if you're only 10 mins away seems a shame not to come out to play. :flower:

Thanx Will Do! Looking more and more like Fleet is the Answer!

Almost an Angel
21st-August-2006, 01:50 PM
What are Adam and Tas classes actually like - What is funky Dance?

Hmmm. It depends on their mood.
Sometimes it's solo, sometimes it's partnered - it can be a choreographed routine or just a bit of fun, you can never tell - it changes week by week. As for styles - it could be anything from a mixture of Lindy, Swing or Boogie Woogie, through to Hip Hop and funked up Jive moves, or even a Tango-esque routine.

Most of all it's lots of fun, however their classes do require lots of energy.

Angel xx

Minnie M
21st-August-2006, 01:55 PM
I would recommend Fleet too :yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Great venue, easy parking, friendly natives and some good dancers too :clap:

DJ Andy
21st-August-2006, 01:56 PM
re.Adam and Taz
Haven't been to their classes at Fleet but they have taught at a dance I DJ'd at and they mix Modern Jive with "streedance" attitude and styling,(hence "funky")
They're lovely people.
And their cabaret demo's are awesome.:waycool:

Mostlysane
21st-August-2006, 04:13 PM
Oh - and it's air conditioned too.

ducasi
21st-August-2006, 08:54 PM
What are Adam and Tas classes actually like - What is funky Dance? From what I saw at the Big Bang, you'll love it! :)

Freya
19th-September-2006, 09:33 PM
Just a Quick post to say I had a Fantastic time At Fleet on Thursday!

Am Home now and completely knackered after Southport but Fleet was a great start to the weekend.

A huge :hug: and Thanx to Almost an Angel to making me feel so welcome and introducing me to some excelent dancers. Oh and then being very Mischevious with me at Southport! Apparently we'll get on in Febuary when we meet! :wink:

Mostly Sane When are you visiting us up here????

Oh and I'd recommend Adam and Tas's classes to anyone! They were so much fun and funky!

Mostlysane
19th-September-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey mate,

Glad you enjoyed it. It was great having you pay a visit and getting to meet another forumite. And some fab dances. :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Me visit scotland? Some time in the new year. How does that sound? It gives me a couple more months to practise.

Freya
27th-September-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok guys finally written my blog! If you interested enough to read it it's Insane Whitterings! (http://hyperdancer.wordpress.com/)