PDA

View Full Version : Help

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 12:44 AM
I keep getting "DST Settings updated" or something like that when looking for recent posts and it loops and loops - I have to exit out to stop the loop :tears:

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 11:28 AM
Is it only me having problems :tears:

I logged out and therefore cleared my cookies and the DST problem seems to have gone, but my list of Recent Posts is not appearing - I keep getting the 'New Posts' screen and they don't seem to be updating :tears: :tears: :tears:

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 11:56 AM
I keep getting "DST Settings updated" or something like that when looking for recent posts and it loops and loops - I have to exit out to stop the loop :tears:

:tears: :tears: :tears: the DST thing is happening again :tears: :tears: :tears:

DavidY
20th-August-2006, 01:42 PM
Minnie,

Is the time/date on your computer working OK?

I've seem the DST message before - it happens once when the clocks go forward or back (DST="Daylight Saving Time", I think it's the US equivalent of British Summer Time).

My old PC lost the time/date from time to time, and the Recent/New Posts search didn't work whenthe time/date was wrong - it seemed to confuse the forum's search.

Hope this helps,
David

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 02:15 PM
Minnie,

Is the time/date on your computer working OK?

I've seem the DST message before - it happens once when the clocks go forward or back (DST="Daylight Saving Time", I think it's the US equivalent of British Summer Time).

My old PC lost the time/date from time to time, and the Recent/New Posts search didn't work whenthe time/date was wrong - it seemed to confuse the forum's search.

Hope this helps,
David
Thanks David :hug:
ahhahhh........... I accidentally changed my month to December - but changed it back as soon as I realised it (that was yesterday) - could this be the reason ??? If so how do I stop it :tears: have logged out of the forum again and cleared the cookies, rebooted and have started again - fingers crossed it will be OK now (but I did do this, this morning too)

Edit
It didn't work - Had to exit out to log in again to edit this post -
- saved this - gave you some rep for help - tried to check for recent posts and it started looping again - and the search is still not working :tears: the looping is driving me potting

PLEASE HELP - WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE FRANCK

DavidY
20th-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Hmm - out of ideas I'm afraid.

I'd have suggested double-checking that the date is correct now (ie not August 2005 or 2007) and clearing the cookies - but it sounds like you've already done that.

I know that these days the forum keeps track of exactly which posts you've read in a database somewhere - if that database has dates of December 2006 against your profile (assuming this is the cause) then I don't know how you get round it? Maybe it uses the database to track the DST thing as well?

I don't know emuch about how vBulletin works, but I guess you may need Franck's help?

Sorry to not be more help. :blush:

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 02:42 PM
Hmm - out of ideas I'm afraid.

I'd have suggested double-checking that the date is correct now (ie not August 2005 or 2007) and clearing the cookies - but it sounds like you've already done that.

I know that these days the forum keeps track of exactly which posts you've read in a database somewhere - if that database has dates of December 2006 against your profile (assuming this is the cause) then I don't know how you get round it? Maybe it uses the database to track the DST thing as well?

I don't know emuch about how vBulletin works, but I guess you may need Franck's help?

Sorry to not be more help. :blush:

Thanks for your help David, I will have to make do with posting and logging out each time, till Franck fixes it for me :tears:

- BTW was the rep I gave you accepted :flower:

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 03:26 PM
Have now cleared all my history, old files and cookies from Internet Tools - haven't had the DST message yet :whistle: but the search is still wrong

Minnie M
20th-August-2006, 03:54 PM
Big big and even bigger thanks to Jiver - who has talked me through all this - I have also changed my Edit Options - there is an option there about DST:

DST Correction Option:
I have changed it to :
Automatically detect DST settings

Before it was set to "DST options always on"

It seems to be working OK now - fingers crossed