25th-April-2003, 06:56 PM
!

Divissima
25th-April-2003, 07:07 PM
:confused:

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 07:08 PM
So. A new game if you're interested.

Attached is an MP3 file which contains 5 intros. You get one point for identifying the song, and one point for identifying the singer/band. So, up to 10 points are available.

Please PM me yours guesses (don't post them) by 6pm on Monday!

Steve

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 07:10 PM
Sorry Divi. Made an error in that first post, and if you try to edit it, you can't add a file. And you can't delete posts.

Anyhow, the real post is now there....:D

Steve

TheTramp
26th-April-2003, 02:48 PM
Okie.

Just to answer a question or two:

Yes, the third intro is very short, and Yes, the 4th intro is rather quiet.

You wouldn't want it easy, would you? :D

Steve

PS. Only 1 guess so far, even though it's been downloaded 14 times!! It's not that hard is it? They're all songs that you've heard at ceroc venues, I'm sure....

Graham
26th-April-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
PS. Only 1 guess so far, even though it's been downloaded 14 times!! I downloaded it before I remembered my speakers are broken :tears:

TheTramp
26th-April-2003, 03:01 PM
What an excellent excuse to pop out to PC World tomorrow and splash out on a new pair of speakers eh!! :D

Steve

Graham
26th-April-2003, 03:16 PM
Indeed. I've already cleared it with the boss :wink:

Curtain
26th-April-2003, 04:39 PM
Here are my answers.

/ Deleted /

What's my prize for getting at least three right?

TheTramp
26th-April-2003, 04:56 PM
Ummm. Your prize would be nothing.

The idea was to PM the answers so that everyone could play.

Good job Curtain!

Franck, could you please edit the above post to remove the guesses - although, tis probably too late for some people now.

Although, there's no guarentee that Curtain has any of them right of course....

Steve

Curtain
27th-April-2003, 02:28 AM
Sorry!!

TheTramp
27th-April-2003, 02:29 AM
No probs. All sorted thanks to Franck.

If you wanna PM me your answers now :) Cos I forgot to write them down before Franck deleted them! :D

Steve

DavidY
27th-April-2003, 01:21 PM
PS. Only 1 guess so far, even though it's been downloaded 14 times!! It's not that hard is it? They're all songs that you've heard at ceroc venues, I'm sure.... Probably they are ones I have heard, but between tracks I'm sometimes either thanking someone for the last dance or asking somone else if they'd like to dance the next one. :D This means I don't always pay full attention to the intros... (I only have any clue about 2 of your 5)

David

TheTramp
28th-April-2003, 12:55 PM
So....7 guesses so far. 29 downloads.

The 22 people who've downloaded it, but not yet guessed, have just 5 hours to get their guesses in (although, I'm teaching tonight, and will probably have to leave before 6, so you might actually get until I get home. Special bonus time. Next time, I'll make it 5pm :D

Steve

TheTramp
29th-April-2003, 01:17 AM
So, the answers were:

1. David Bedingfield - James Dean

2. Superman Lovers - Starlight

3. Touch and Go - Tango in Harlem

4. Anastacia - I'm outta love

5. ABBA - Waterloo

Steve

TheTramp
29th-April-2003, 01:18 AM
Scores on the doors (George Dawes?)

Alfie (& family) - 8
David Franklin - 8
Wendy & Graham - 6
Emma - 4
DavidY - 4
Ceroc Jock - 4
Chicklet - 2

I'll post another one tomorrow, when I've had some sleep. Hopefully more people will have a go at the next one :D

Steve

CJ
13th-May-2003, 05:24 PM
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
bowm, ba-barra-barra
bowm, ba-barra-barra

DavidY
21st-May-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
de, doo-doo
bowm, ba-barra-barra
bowm, ba-barra-barra Not sure whether we're supposed to 'PM' or post - but since there's been no reply for a week I'll risk a post.... is it My Girl by the Temptations?

David

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2003, 02:22 PM
oops

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Not sure whether we're supposed to 'PM' or post - but since there's been no reply for a week I'll risk a post.... is it My Girl by the Temptations?

nah

its an old Glasgow folk song about a pigeon called 'Dee' who fancied a male pigeon at the Barras who was called 'bowm' :)

Dance Demon
21st-May-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
nah

its an old Glasgow folk song about a pigeon called 'Dee' who fancied a male pigeon at the Barras who was called 'bowm' :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
21st-May-2003, 05:55 PM
Okie. Here you go. Round 2!!

Please remember the rules (Curtain :D). PM me your answers to the 5 intros on the the attached file. 1 point for the song, 1 point for the group/singer. You have until 6pm tomorrow....

Steve

TheTramp
22nd-May-2003, 06:56 PM
Seems that some people have had problems downloading the file (dunno why). Anyhow, going to extend the deadline until 4pm tomorrow to give them (and anyone else) a further chance to have a go.

Steve

Tiggerbabe
23rd-May-2003, 08:34 PM
Nope! Sorry Steve still can't get it to play - maybe tomorrow after the Broadband Man's sorted me out :wink:

DaveD
23rd-May-2003, 10:05 PM
Lucky Broadband man :wink:

TheTramp
24th-May-2003, 12:08 PM
OKie :)

So, here are the answers to round 2:

1. Jackson 5 - Blame it on the Boogie

2. Prince - Kiss

3. Santana - Smooth

4. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi

5. Mousse T - Horny

Steve

TheTramp
24th-May-2003, 12:11 PM
And the scores for round 2:

David Franklin - 8
Lou - 8
Newby - 6
Sheepman - 6
David Y - 8
Dance Demon - 8
Debster - 8
Graham - 10

Well done for Graham getting the Avril Lavigne one. The only person to get that one right :D

Steve

TheTramp
24th-May-2003, 12:14 PM
And the scores after both rounds:

Wendy & Graham - 16
David Franklin - 16
DavidY - 12
Alfie (& family) - 8
Dance Demon - 8
Debster - 8
Lou - 8
Newby - 6
Sheepman - 6
Emma - 4
Ceroc Jock - 4
Chicklet - 2

Steve

Edited to update DavidY with the correct score, thanks to Graham's post below

Graham
24th-May-2003, 12:37 PM
Well done for Graham getting the Avril Lavigne one. The only person to get that one right :DI can't take all the credit - as you acknowledged in the totals, it was a team effort - Wendy's really good at being able to sing the rest of the song from the intro, and it's a lot easier getting these from the chorus!

In my role as pedantic stats man I feel compelled to point out the inconsistency with both(!) the total scores you've reported for DavidY, neither of which align with the round 2 total you posted for him.

Tiggerbabe
24th-May-2003, 12:39 PM
And now that the broadband man has come and gone :wink: can I play?

TheTramp
24th-May-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes Sheena. You can play too.

In fact, here you go with Round 3. Answers in a PM to me please. By midday on Tuesday.

Steve

Tiggerbabe
24th-May-2003, 09:38 PM
At last, I get to play too - I've actually managed to download it this time.............now I just need to figure out the answers:wink:

Sheepman
26th-May-2003, 03:08 PM
This time I can't get it to download, I'm getting a Windows Media error "ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class" any (decent) suggestions?

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
26th-May-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
This time I can't get it to download, I'm getting a Windows Media error "ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class" any (decent) suggestions?

Greg

yes, you dont have a codec for some reason or its broke .....

advice : download winamp from http://www.winamp.com , no one sensible uses media player for mp3s.... are you simply following the herd of clueless windows users?? baaaa :)

Sheepman
27th-May-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
no one sensible uses media player for mp3s.... are you simply following the herd of clueless windows users?? baaaa :) :D :D :D
Well sort of, the short answer is this PC rarely gets used for music, and I'm not a fan of winamp either, the future is ipod.
Anyway it's unbroke now, but I'm struggling with these intros, must be getting too old for this, feels like I'm ramming a brick wall on a couple of them.:confused:

Greg

DavidB
27th-May-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
This time I can't get it to download, I'm getting a Windows Media error "ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class" any (decent) suggestions?It sounds like you are trying to play the file directly from Internet Explorer, using Windows Media Player. The problem could be either downloading it, the integration between WMP and IE, or playing it.

Try right-clicking on the link, and select 'Save Target As...'. Once it has downloaded, run Windows Media Player, and open the file you have just downloaded. At least then you will know what is causing the problems.

I'm not a big fan of Winamp either, although I would admit I haven't used it for a few years. I never liked the way you had to download so many different parts to get it to do anything. Media Player is ok - but I've only used it on PCs where I've just installed everything from scratch. I know several people who rate it as their favourite MP3 player. Personally I usually use Musicmatch (http://www.musicmatch.com) - it does just about everything I need from an MP3 player.

The nice thing is you can try all of them out for free.

David

Dreadful Scathe
27th-May-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

I'm not a big fan of Winamp either, although I would admit I haven't used it for a few years. I never liked the way you had to download so many different parts to get it to do anything.

Must admit Ive never had that problem - download - install - play any type of music you like.... has been my experience. I always use media player for video though, the old version that is - later versions are horrible as microsoft seem to have the habit of overloading successful programs with 'features' that you don't use and would have a faster computer if they werent there.

Dont get me started on Windows XP - yuck :)

Franck - can we start an anti-microsoft and computer thread :)

Dance Demon
27th-May-2003, 04:40 PM
OK Trampie (drums fingers!!)

It's now 4.30pm on Tuesday.........so wheres the flippin answers eh??:D

TheTramp
27th-May-2003, 04:43 PM
Gimmee a break. I'm in the process of moving house. And it's not a pleasant experience.....

Especially when you've got no-where to move into, so it's into storage with all my worldly belongings :(

Anyhow, the answers are:

1. Grease - Born to Hand Jive
2. Commitments - Mustang Sally
3. Michael Jackson - Billy Jean
4. Enrique - Escape
5. Eva Cassidy - Wade in the Water

Steve

TheTramp
27th-May-2003, 04:47 PM
No-one got the Grease one then :D Do I get any points for winning?

Anyhow, points for round 3 are:

Sheena 8
Dance Demon 6
Graham 7
DavidY 6
Franck 7
Sheepman 5
David Franklin 7
Newby 4

Steve

TheTramp
27th-May-2003, 04:49 PM
And total points so far:

Wendy & Graham - 23
David Franklin - 23
DavidY - 18
Dance Demon - 14
Sheepman - 11
Newby - 10
Alfie (& family) - 8
Debster - 8
Lou - 8
Sheena - 8
Franck - 7
Emma - 4
Ceroc Jock - 4
Chicklet - 2

Steve

Dance Demon
27th-May-2003, 04:53 PM
Cheers Steve.
hope you find somewhere to move to soon........can't have you becoming a real tramp can we:D

Curtain
28th-May-2003, 09:02 PM
Right Steve,

I've missed all of this. I have listened to all 3 Intro rounds and I can honestly say hand on heart that I would be sitting on 20 points :-

I didn't get Anastasia or Daniel Bedingfield in round 1, but got the other three.
I didn't get Avril Lavigne or Jackson 5 (although I should have) in round 2, but got the other three.
I didn't get the Grease one in round 5, but got the other four.

Please reinstate me, I'm a deejay!!

Take Mercy
Curtain Oot!!

Emma
29th-May-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
And now that the broadband man has come and gone :wink: can I play? Aren't you just *too* exhausted? :wink: :devil:

Chicklet
29th-May-2003, 09:59 AM
hey Cheeky's back!!!!!!

we need to get you a t-shirt that says that and then we can sit together and look cool with t-shirts that are the same, but strangely, also different.:hug:

Tiggerbabe
30th-May-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Emma
Aren't you just *too* exhausted? :wink: :devil:

Me - exhausted? Behave yourself - I've got loads of "bounce" left:wink:

Debster
5th-June-2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the game Steve. A shame I was on holiday and missed round 3. It was fun.

I don't have much else to say, I just wanted to get my name as the most recent post in everyone of the discussion lounge sections at once... this completes the challenge ;)