PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in London this weekend

Will
25th-April-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm getting confussed as to what was posted where, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

As I understand it, there is St Mary's & Casbah on tonight,

Ashtons, Battersea, & Amersham on Saturday,

And on Sunday there is free dancing at the Royal Festival Hall from 12.30pm till 2.30pm and then Chigwell in the evening which involves a few forum members going head-to-head in the Masters.

I personally will be at St Mary's tonight, probably Ashtons tomorrow now as my partner for the Champs is going there and I do what I'm told, and on Sunday it depends how knackered I am.

I would like to add that in the Tramps honour, if I do go to Ashtons tomorrow, I shall be wearing my "Free the Cardiff One!" T-shirt (only available in XXXL) :D

For anyone reading this who is competing at Chigwell and wants to cover the eventuallity that I may come and be a judge, Cheques can be made payable to :- William Hargreaves esq.

Top marks for costumes will be awarded to anyone couple supporting a light blue football top with the initials M.C.F.C. emblazzened on the front.

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Will
I'm getting confussed as to what was posted where, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

As I understand it, there is St Mary's & Casbah on tonight,

Ashtons, Battersea, & Amersham on Saturday,

And on Sunday there is free dancing at the Royal Festival Hall from 12.30pm till 2.30pm and then Chigwell in the evening which involves a few forum members going head-to-head in the Masters.

I personally will be at St Mary's tonight, probably Ashtons tomorrow now as my partner for the Champs is going there and I do what I'm told, and on Sunday it depends how knackered I am.

I would like to add that in the Tramps honour, if I do go to Ashtons tomorrow, I shall be wearing my "Free the Cardiff One!" T-shirt (only available in XXXL) :D

For anyone reading this who is competing at Chigwell and wants to cover the eventuallity that I may come and be a judge, Cheques can be made payable to :- William Hargreaves esq.

Top marks for costumes will be awarded to anyone couple supporting a light blue football top with the initials M.C.F.C. emblazzened on the front. Bummer :( Can't you convince her, and everyone else, to come to Battersea. Or shall I just have a night off dancing, and do something different instead? Although, your choice of clothing seems highly appropriate. Although, the sizes are rapidly coming down :D

M.C.F.C. - Must Copy Franck's Combs??

See you at St.Marys tonight :)

Steve

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm getting confussed Incidentally, is being confussed a subset of the state of being confused? Or is it something completely different?

Steve

PS. The cheque is in the post. Should arrive on Monday :D

Franck
25th-April-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
M.C.F.C. - Must Copy Franck's Combs?? sounds like a very good life motto if you ask me! :D though I am told (too often :wink: ) that my style is inimitable :really: :sick: :wink:

Anyway, the party will definitely be in Edinburgh this week-end! so maybe you should fly up as a last minute thing :D

Franck.

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Franck
sounds like a very good life motto if you ask me! :D though I am told (too often :wink: ) that my style is inimitable :really: :sick: :wink:

Anyway, the party will definitely be in Edinburgh this week-end! so maybe you should fly up as a last minute thing :D

Franck. Nope. I'd agree with that Franck. Your style (and the kilts) are definitely inimitable!!!

M.C.F.C - Move Closer (to) FilthyCute then mayhaps??

Enjoy Edinburgh. It won't be long before they start to go downhill too (around July time I believe :D)

Steve

Jon
26th-April-2003, 02:58 PM
Theres also Charlton on Sunday (near Greenwich)

Rachel
30th-April-2003, 09:48 AM
Oh, meant to ask, Steve - or anyone else who went - how do you rate Battersea? It's a new venue, isn't it? Any good? And is it far from Northampton?
Rachel

TheTramp
30th-April-2003, 09:59 AM
It is a new venue. And last Saturday we had a very good time. Although, it's still not really totally got off the ground yet.

The floor is excellent - up there among the best I've danced on. And last Saturday, the music was good (thanks Erick), and there were a number of people there that I enjoy dancing with.

It could do with going on later though if ceroc can manage to arrange that - finishing at 11:45 is ok, but for people who've come a long way to dance, might be a little early. And it really does need to attract some more of the better dancers. The overall standard was comparably low on Saturday (although, there were enough good dancers to make it enjoyable, if a few of those hadn't turned up, it might have meant not such a good night).

It's on the south side of the river. Although, at that time on a Saturday, it shouldn't be too bad getting there. Come straight down the M1, past Ashtons, round Marble Arch, through Victoria, over Vauxhall bridge, and turn right, heading towards Clapham Junction.

Hope that all helps..... There's not another night planned at Battersea until June, so I won't be able to go there again for the foreseeable, but I think that if you went, you'd have a good night.

Steve

Rachel
30th-April-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all the info! It might be nice to go one time - it's good to see new places - but, you're right, a later finish would be a big help!

See you definitely at the Champs and Camber. Not sure what I'm doing on Saturday yet. Might be radical and stay in to do some decorating!
R.

TheTramp
30th-April-2003, 12:08 PM
Nah. Come to Chiswick....

If it'll help, I'll make sure that you get some dances with Franck (that shouldn't be too hard, eh Franck :wink:), and as always, I'd love to dance with you!

You can even bring Mark :D

Steve

Tiggerbabe
30th-April-2003, 08:23 PM
Please do (bring Mark) I'd love to have a dance or two with him :wink:

Rachel
1st-May-2003, 08:54 AM
Oh it's just so tempting! It would be lovely to see you all at Chiswick.

But then again, Lily says they will be at Ashtons and it's the last ever freestyle in that hall and it's so much nearer for us and it goes on for about 7 hours....

But then again, how often do all you Scots come down to London? And Steve will be there. And would there be enough time for me (and Marc) to see you/dance with you all at the Championships?

Can't decide, can't decide, can't decide ...
Both, possibly?
Rachel

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 09:04 AM
And not only could you come to Chiswick, but you could come hook up with all the Scots people (and me) in the afternoon. Maybe get a sneak preview of their team cabaret when they're running through it. And join us for dinner :D

Now, isn't that much better than going to Ashtons!!

And I guess the only other thing to do, is to start working on David and Lily, and get them to come to Chiswick as well..... :na:

Steve

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
But then again, how often do all you Scots come down to London? And Steve will be there. And would there be enough time for me (and Marc) to see you/dance with you all at the Championships? Can't decide, can't decide, can't decide ...
But the Scots will need all the dances they can get at the champs cos there will be sooo many people we don't know and we'll be too afraid to ask or too proud to do that queuing thing grrr! so anyone we already know won't have the chance NOT to dance with us !!!!! On the other hand it would be great to see you at "our" place and all the boys would get a chance to dance with you BEFORE the champs so it would be easier to get another dance AT the champs !! (and the girls to dance with Marc ??) Yes. Has to be both I think, sis !

Wxxxxx

Emma
1st-May-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
we'll be too afraid to ask

Wxxxxx

Wendy, I can't believe you and that sentence are in the same post...:hug: :grin:

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Emma
Wendy, I can't believe you and that sentence are in the same post... Well, just shows.. you can even share an egg with someone and they never really understand you !! I was too scared to ask DavidB in Blackpool !! or Gus !!! or Nigel !! And only asked James (thingy - who know the guy who wins everything) cos he was in Edinburgh...

Wxxx

Emma
1st-May-2003, 11:00 AM
*tries to remember sharing an egg with Wendy*

:kiss:

Rachel
1st-May-2003, 11:26 AM
Emma! Where have you been? Are you back out dancing again now? Are you about at the weekend? Are you competing? When are you going to make it over to Hipsters??
Rachel

(Hm, seem to have cured my exclamation addiction by substituting question marks.)

(Better see what I can do about my forum addiction today by trying to substitute work. That might not be so easy... I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look ...)

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 11:42 AM
Ahhh... les Triplets !!! Together at last !!!!

Wxxx

Dreadful Scathe
1st-May-2003, 11:46 AM
didlly dee dee dee three ladies
didlly dee dee dee three ladies ...

(saw Caberat on Broadway (oooh) 2 weeks ago :) )

Emma
1st-May-2003, 12:01 PM
Emma! Where have you been?
Mostly here... :sick:
Are you back out dancing again now? Yes!
Are you about at the weekend? Yes!!
Are you competing?Yes!!!
When are you going to make it over to Hipsters??Ermm...soon? I'm going to Fulham tonight....

(Better see what I can do about my forum addiction today by trying to substitute work. That might not be so easy... I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look ...) Ah, give up, you know you want to :hug:

Rachel
1st-May-2003, 12:16 PM
Ahhh... les Triplets !!! Together at last !!!!

Wxxx In mind and spirit, at least .... even if we are miles apart. But only til the weekend!

Ok, yes, I know, I wasn't going to look ....

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 12:20 PM
Ermm...soon? I'm going to Fulham tonight....You might not wanna do that Emma.

The overall standard of dancer there has dropped recently.....:D

(Make sure you come and say hello, and I'll book you for a dance now please!)

Steve

Franck
1st-May-2003, 12:24 PM
Oh it's just so tempting! It would be lovely to see you all at Chiswick. You know you want to Rachel, it would be great to see you again, have a dance or 3... :D

But then again, Lily says they will be at Ashtons and it's the last ever freestyle in that hall and it's so much nearer for us and it goes on for about 7 hours.... We'll just have to get David and Lily to see sense... Everyone else is going to Chiswick, and dancing for 7 hours the night before the Champs is way too long, you want to keep some energy...

Can't decide, can't decide, can't decide ...
Both, possibly? It's not that hard, really, :devil: :D and I'll be teaching a class in my kilt with the lovely Sheena !!! :wink:

Going to both would be greedy, and, as the Tramp says, you could meet us all late afternoon... It'd be great to catch up!

Franck.

Emma
1st-May-2003, 12:25 PM
In mind and spirit, at least .... even if we are miles apart. But only til the weekend!

Ok, yes, I know, I wasn't going to look .... Do either of you know any double trouble? ;)

Originally posted by Steve(Make sure you come and say hello, and I'll book you for a dance now please!)It's a deal...:D

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 12:29 PM
Nice to have you back with us Monsieur Franck. We'd been missing all that charm !!! Think I know where Rachel will be heading after all that !!! Throw in a comb or two if she still resists
:wink: and a shimmey if you have to - but only as a last resort !!!

Wxxx

Franck
1st-May-2003, 12:34 PM
Nice to have you back with us Monsieur Franck. We'd been missing all that charm !!! Think I know where Rachel will be heading after all that !!! Throw in a comb or two if she still resists
:wink: and a shimmey if you have to - but only as a last resort !!! :nice: Well, I am not too proud to beg for dances :D and from my recollection of her last visit to Glasgow, Rachel is worth begging / queuing for! :drool: :nice:

I''ll try and behave and not teach 'one' Comb on Saturday ( *shakes with apprehension while looking in Ceroc bible for alleged existence of alternative moves* )

Franck.

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 01:12 PM
I''ll try and behave.... :rofl:

......and not teach 'one' Comb on Saturday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wxxxx

Rachel
1st-May-2003, 01:48 PM
:nice: Well, I am not too proud to beg for dances :D and from my recollection of her last visit to Glasgow, Rachel is worth begging / queuing for! :drool: :nice:

I''ll try and behave and not teach 'one' Comb on Saturday ( *shakes with apprehension while looking in Ceroc bible for alleged existence of alternative moves* )

Franck. Ok, I'm completely won over - how on earth could any female resist all that!!!

I guess I'd better consult with Marc, though, since he's likely to be the driver.

NB I Like combs - Mmmmmm! But Marc reckons he's the King of the Combs, so maybe you'll have to vie for the title. I'll judge, if you like?!

Rachel

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 01:52 PM
Yay!!

Just tell him that Sheena will be there, wearing her strokable trousers.... :D

*Pushes to the front of the queue*

Steve

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok, I'm completely won over - how on earth could any female resist all that!!! Works every time....

NB I Like combs - Mmmmmm! But Marc reckons he's the King of the Combs, so maybe you'll have to vie for the title. I'll judge, if you like?! Sis !!! I love combs ! I'll help you if you like. Always better to have a second opinion don't you think ??

Wxxx

Rachel
1st-May-2003, 01:56 PM
Always better to have a second opinion don't you think ??

Wxxx Oh yes! How about, you take Marc and I take Franck ... and then we swap over?
___

Emma - double trouble? You offering?

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 02:00 PM
Oh yes! How about, you take Marc and I take Franck ... and then we swap over? Emma - double trouble? You offering? Wow !!!!! Now you're talking !!!

Wxxxx

Franck
1st-May-2003, 02:01 PM
NB I Like combs - Mmmmmm! But Marc reckons he's the King of the Combs, so maybe you'll have to vie for the title. I'll judge, if you like?!It's ok, Marc can be the King of Combs in England, but I'll keep the Scottish Crown :wink:

As for you judging a Comb contest! Brilliant idea... I'll start practising tonight in Perth :D

I hope you can convince Marc to go to Chiswick then... the gauntlet is down :wink:

Franck. :kiss: :hug:

Franck
1st-May-2003, 02:03 PM
Oh yes! How about, you take Marc and I take Franck ... and then we swap over? Wow... this week-end is looking better and better by the minute :waycool: :drool:

Franck.

Emma
1st-May-2003, 02:08 PM
Emma - double trouble? You offering? erm...yeeeahh....only I can't lead it..we'll have to speak nicely to Steve *flutters eyelashes at Steve*

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Emma
erm...yeeeahh....only I can't lead it..we'll have to speak nicely to Steve *flutters eyelashes at Steve* Anytime.....

Though, of course, there's 3 of you.

Still, shouldn't be a problem :D

Steve

Emma
1st-May-2003, 03:01 PM

Steve

*g* that's why I thought immediately of you, sweetie :kiss:

Chicklet
1st-May-2003, 03:11 PM
Anytime.....

Steve

Will you do me and W and D in triumverate trouble too???

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 03:13 PM
D??

Why don't you just join in on the first one :)

I've done 5 before! :D

(Yes, I'm greedy) :rofl:

Steve

Chicklet
1st-May-2003, 03:19 PM
no that would be impolite, you have to do a special for Wendy and all her twins (!!!?!)

I was thinking Wendy and Dave and I could have a triumverate trouble thing but I guess we'd have to watch for you dumping us all in a "get rid of the upstard spammers" pile up eh?

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 03:22 PM
I really don't think I've got much to worry about from you upstart spammers dear Chickie....

Even if I stopped posting, and never posted another thing after this one (it won't happen, so all you people out there stop hoping right now), it'd still take you over 207 days (at your current rate of spamming) to overtake me.

You people are just amateurs!! :D

Steve

Tiggerbabe
2nd-May-2003, 03:03 AM
Oh it's just so tempting! It would be lovely to see you all at Chiswick.

But then again, Lily says they will be at Ashtons Rachel - I'm relying on you to persuade everyone to come to Chiswick :wink: That means you too Em !!!!!!!!!

Having never danced with Mark I'll need to see how his combs compare to Franck's :yum: And Lily please come and bring the totally fabby David B with you - as he'll be so busy at the Champs he possibly won't have any time to dance with us.

p.s. Lily - Brady says I need to ask Amir for a dance - what do you reckon - do I stand a chance if I wear "the " trousers :really:

Rachel
2nd-May-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Rachel - I'm relying on you to persuade everyone to come to Chiswick :wink: That means you too Em !!!!!!!!!

Having never danced with Mark I'll need to see how his combs compare to Franck's :yum: And Lily please come and bring the totally fabby David B with you - as he'll be so busy at the Champs he possibly won't have any time to dance with us.

p.s. Lily - Brady says I need to ask Amir for a dance - what do you reckon - do I stand a chance if I wear "the " trousers :really: I'm working on it, Sheena, and, if we make it, I'll definitely point Marc in your direction!

I'd better not make any promises, though, as I definitely want Marc to drive (I'm absolutely shattered after 11 nights dancing in a row and way too little sleep) and he might hold out for Ashtons, which is closer. Still, the tempatations of you and Wendy should work wonders...

I'm hoping for a chance to see/dance with DavidB at the weekend, too! And I'm also hoping Janet is going to be coming down for the weekend, cos it would be lovely to see her again.

Oh and yes, you definitely have to ask Amir to dance - he's wonderful to watch and a lovely guy. You wouldn't believe how amazing he and Lily look together! I've only ever danced with him once, and didn't do very well, so I'm desperate for a second dance to show him I can do better really. I hope!!
Rachel

TheTramp
2nd-May-2003, 10:06 AM
and he might hold out for Ashtons, which is closerOnly by 15 minutes.... Hardly worth even considering! :D

Steve

Tiggerbabe
3rd-May-2003, 06:58 AM
Hee heee - I'm up, showered and almost ready.:D

Off to London Baby !:waycool:

See you all soon - (tigger's a little bit hyper now:sorry )

:hug: for everyone who can't make it this weekend - See you in Musselburgh in October. :kiss:

Wendy
3rd-May-2003, 08:21 AM
Hee heee - I'm up, showered and almost ready.:D See you all soon - (tigger's a little bit hyper now:sorry ) I'm up but not ready yet !!! Bought myself a Lucy t shirt so all my forum chums will recognise me in London !!! (That way they can dance with me or avoid me and save everyone precious dance time !!!)And a wee lucky Lucy beanbaby (well it was reduced !!!) - don't think I've done something like that since Primary 5 !!! (And she was dancing to Air Guitar 2 in the car last night ...headbanging away she was... quite a dancer !!!)

See you later Tigger !!! And save some of your bounce till Sunday !!

Thanks for all the lovely comments from those of you who can't be there with us this weekend. See you all soon - and on the forum if nothing else !!!

:kiss: :cheers: :hug: :D :grin: :) :kiss:

Wxxxx

Emma
3rd-May-2003, 09:20 AM
Hee heee - I'm up, showered and almost ready.:D

Off to London Baby !:waycool:

See you all soon - (tigger's a little bit hyper now:sorry )
Eurgggghhh..I hate people who are perky in the mornings :wink: :hug: :sorry

Will
3rd-May-2003, 11:50 AM
For those of you going to Chiswick, SEE YOU TONIGHT!:cheers:

LilyB
3rd-May-2003, 12:49 PM
p.s. Lily - Brady says I need to ask Amir for a dance - what do you reckon - do I stand a chance if I wear "the " trousers :really:
Oh yes - totally agree with Brady. You've got to grab Amir for a dance - trousers or no trousers :D :D :D . He's absolutely fab & oozes style. David's not too bad either and no, he'not competing at the Champs so will have plenty of time to dance with all you lovely ladies.

LilyB

Divissima
3rd-May-2003, 07:35 PM
It's far too late now, I know. Everyone is getting ready to head out to Chiswick or Ashtons. No-one is going to check the Forum again before the champs and I am therefore postulating in a vacuum..

:devil: oooh, there's a thought. Franck is getting kilted up ready to teach so he isn't watching the Forum at the moment, and I could get up to all kinds of mischief....:really: :wink: shame I'm such a good girl, really....

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck for tomorrow - and have a great day. Can't wait to get dancing, can't wait to meet you all, can't wait to get more dances with Franck and Bill (you promised, guys!!).

Am wearing my Divissima t-shirt or the flashing electronic panel so I can be identified - can't wait!

Emma
3rd-May-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
It's far too late now, I know. Everyone is getting ready to head out to Chiswick or Ashtons. No-one is going to check the Forum again before the champs and I am therefore postulating in a vacuum..

:devil: oooh, there's a thought. Franck is getting kilted up ready to teach so he isn't watching the Forum at the moment, and I could get up to all kinds of mischief....:really: :wink: shame I'm such a good girl, really....

Hee Hee looks like it's just you and me: two little good girls, Divi! :wink: See you tomorrow!!
Good Luck or just have a good time to everyone! :kiss::cheers::kiss: