PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' Good

Lynn
18th-August-2006, 03:40 PM
Dancing has brought me a lot of joy over the past week, in many different ways, and I thought it might be nice to have somewhere to share those little things in dancing that make us smile. I’ll kick off with some the gems just from this past week.

<FONT face="Palatino Linotype"><FONT face=Verdana><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Tango – when one lead was waiting for me to finish dancing with someone else so that he could ask me and remarked ‘there’s getting to be a queue for you’.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The non-tango dance with the lurking Long one, when I could hardly dance for giggling.<o:p></o:p>
A beginner at Ceroc this week (someone I had persuaded to come along) for whom moves are starting to click. The big grin on his face as we danced was fabulous.<o:p></o:p>
The fun fast dance with Drathzel which was hilarious at times!<o:p></o:p>
Dancing to a Sinatra style crooner at a wedding party last night.<o:p></o:p>
Different people, places, music – but all these moments of pleasure and enjoyment – when dancing just makes you feel good!

Rebecca
18th-August-2006, 04:02 PM
Having not been to a Ceroc venue for ages, last night I went back to my original local venue with some trepidation and was welcomed back with open arms by loads of lovely familiar faces from the past.

The evening was lifted by the fact that there appeared to have been a slight shift in the music style choices, but more importantly it was the people there who made it wonderful :respect:

ducasi
20th-August-2006, 08:01 PM
There's something weird about this thread (at least when I view it) – it has the original post by Lynn, plus a reply from Rebecca, but Lynn's post has been truncated (quoted below, but see it in it's truncated glory here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=266964&postcount=1)) and Rebecca's post has been merged onto the bottom of it (again, quoted below – you can see it on its own here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p= 266972).)

Dancing has brought me a lot of joy over the past week, in many different ways, and I thought it might be nice to have somewhere to share those little things in dancing that make us smile. I’ll kick off with some the gems just from this past week.

Having not been to a Ceroc venue for ages, last night I went back to my original local venue with some trepidation and was welcomed back with open arms by loads of lovely familiar faces from the past.

The evening was lifted by the fact that there appeared to have been a slight shift in the music style choices, but more importantly it was the people there who made it wonderful :respect:

Lynn
20th-August-2006, 08:56 PM
:confused: Doesn't look any different to me (except the font size is smaller for my first post.)

Am I just being a bit dense here and missing something? (Quite possible.)

ducasi
20th-August-2006, 09:02 PM
:confused: Doesn't look any different to me (except the font size is smaller for my first post.)

Am I just being a bit dense here and missing something? (Quite possible.)
I don't see any difference in font size, I don't see the "gems" you posted, and I don't see Rebecca's name before her post. :confused:

Lynn
20th-August-2006, 11:52 PM
You can't see this bit?
Tango – when one lead was waiting for me to finish dancing with someone else so that he could ask me and remarked ‘there’s getting to be a queue for you’.

The non-tango dance with the lurking Long one, when I could hardly dance for giggling.

A beginner at Ceroc this week (someone I had persuaded to come along) for whom moves are starting to click. The big grin on his face as we danced was fabulous.

The fun fast dance with Drathzel which was hilarious at times!

Dancing to a Sinatra style crooner at a wedding party last night.

Different people, places, music – but all these moments of pleasure and enjoyment – when dancing just makes you feel good!

ducasi
21st-August-2006, 12:46 AM
You can't see this bit?
Nope!

And why are there all those font tags in your post?

Lynn
21st-August-2006, 10:22 AM
I wrote it in Word then cut and pasted it to here. I then formatted to the usual font we use here (Verdana size 2). It looked fine on my preview screen but has obviously completely messed up.

Sorry, can we maybe just let this thread slip quietly way? It was rather self indulgent of me perhaps anyway, as no-one else seems to have anything to share about 'feel good' moments in dancing.

straycat
21st-August-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry, can we maybe just let this thread slip quietly way? It was rather self indulgent of me perhaps anyway, as no-one else seems to have anything to share about 'feel good' moments in dancing.

Naaah. I'm going to bite on the 'feel good' stuff, if no-one else will :)
Self-indulgence isn't always bad. :grin:

Reminded me of a few weeks ago - the two best blues dances I've ever had, both in quick succession, with two amazing partners, playing off each other, inventing wierd and wonderful moves, in the insane grins breaking out on our faces as things worked, almost worked, turned in to something else entirely....

ducasi
21st-August-2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry, can we maybe just let this thread slip quietly way? It was rather self indulgent of me perhaps anyway, as no-one else seems to have anything to share about 'feel good' moments in dancing. Nu-uh. It's a good thread idea, I just wondered what was going on.

I had so many "feelin' good" moments at the weekend... Sometimes though it's the less obvious ones that make you feel good about your dancing rather than just about life in general...

During one dance on Saturday night I impressed myself with a nice sequence of moves going into a drop. That made me feel good. When my partner then commented on it too, that made me feel really good.

That's just one... Might write more if others do... :flower:

Lynn
21st-August-2006, 12:33 PM
Sometimes though it's the less obvious ones that make you feel good about your dancing rather than just about life in general...

During one dance on Saturday night I impressed myself with a nice sequence of moves going into a drop. That made me feel good. When my partner then commented on it too, that made me feel really good.Yeah, that's what I mean. Little moments, comments, things that work. Nothing big in the grand scale of things, but just make us smile inwardly (or outwardly).

Alice
21st-August-2006, 12:33 PM
I think it's a great thread too:hug:

Mine (to start with):
Dancing with a more advanced dancer (or a teacher) and seeing them smile delightedly when you do a bit of successful improv when they're not expecting it... or at the end of the dance when they look like they enjoyed the dance:)

Snuggly blues dancing.... :awe: Mmmmmm.......

whitetiger1518
21st-August-2006, 02:01 PM
I soo agree Alice..

I am still grinning inwardly from the last Glasgow party and Jumping Jaks last week, where certain guys (you all should know who you are :love: ) expanded my repertoire, and gave me some of my best dances so far Ever :awe: :respect:

Even when work is giving me a rotten time :eek: :sick: , i can now look back at those two nights, and feel that the world definitely hasn't totally disintegrated around me yet.

Thanks guys :worthy:

See you all tomorrow night ?

Whitetiger

Trish
22nd-August-2006, 05:02 PM

:yeah: My best thing recently has been that I haven't been able to go much, and people are so pleased to see me! Also as I'm 6 months pregnant I can't dance every dance (especially the fast ones!), but have actually enjoyed sitting out and feeling like I don't have to be so addicted as to dance to songs I'm not as keen on. But I'm really enjoying the ones I like! It's nice to be able to watch and have a gossip too!

Becks I'm sorry I missed you last week, you'll have to let me know if you go again though. Should hopefully be going tonight if you happen to read this (but I'll probably text you just in case!).

Beowulf
23rd-August-2006, 08:23 AM
Well I've not been dancing for months now (well many weeks.. feels like months at least!) but if all goes well with work I should be able to pop along to J-J's in Aberdeen tonight for my first dance in Ages :clap:

I haven't even got there yet and already I'm feeling good at the prospect.. now I just hope that my extended absence doesn't mean i've forgotten all my moves again ;)

angelblue
23rd-August-2006, 09:03 AM
When i read Lynns feelin' good thread i immedietley thought of a dance i had in southport earlier in the year.

In the blues room a man i had met previousley that day asked me to dance. Apprehensivley i agreed, not because i had only met the gentleman but because the music was a tango tune and i had not done any tango up to that point!:confused:

We started in a very close the traditional close hold and i was saying a little prayer in my head, 'please dont freeze up' i was thinking(a very common thing to happen when im nervous about a dance)

The intro was over and the dance started......

This gentlemans lead was one of the best i have had to date and the dance was amazing. It really did not matter that i had not done tango and i felt totally swept off my feet, quite literally!People who where dancing around us started to make more room and others started to watch.We finished the dance with pointed toes and a smile and we were both (without sounding rude) very sweaty and out of breath but the dance seemed so effortless.....

Is this how tango is supposed to feel???Or had i had one too many glass' of wine?

LemonCake
23rd-August-2006, 02:16 PM
A few moments come to mind.

Glasgow BFG in May - I couldn't go to the workshops as I had a non-Ceroc visitor but dashed back from dropping him at the airport for the Sunday night farewell session. Danced with my favourite dancer who persuaded me to stay on for the later DJ. So glad I did as the tempo changed completely and I had two or three of the most fantastic dances ever. The natural high was boosted when my favourite dancer said as we walked off - 'that was the best you've ever danced!'. Finally left an hour later than planned despite an early work start next morning, actually fizzing with the rush! Was still smiling about it at work 8 hours later :D

Vividly remember dancing with PretzelMeister in the pub in Rutherglen - possibly for the first time - which involved several fantastic drops and left me completely breathless, and hooked! :worthy: It could be argued that the experience accelerated my slide into complete Ceroc addiction - I haven't danced less than three times a week since!

Finally - just because I am STILL smiling about it 24 hours later - dancing with PM in a capsule on the London Eye yesterday. :flower: Certainly my personal altitude record for dancing Ceroc! :clap:

cms
23rd-August-2006, 05:38 PM
i have so many moments that its hard to pick ones that mean the most to me but here goes! like others its often the small things that mean the most - being able to follow a move iv previously struggled with......getting complimented by my dance partner.....finishing a dance with a smile knowing we couldnt have danced better...doing something unusual - and it working!:flower:

as for specific moments........

dancing with McJester in my garden at a barbecue - the sun was shining and the wine was flowing and the dancing worked!- i loved it!!! :hug:

dancing with lemoncake in peckhams deli in stirling while waiting in the queue for snacks on the saturday night party of the recent jango weekend - we
certainly turned a few heads that night!:flower:

bouncing through a whole song with freya and aussie tim at separate glasgow partys while still managing to do ceroc moves - great fun and a fab laugh! :clap:

so many more i could mention but will save for a later date...........I LOVE IT ALL!!!!

C xx