PDA

View Full Version : Good looking verses Great dancer

Lory
17th-August-2006, 04:43 PM
Following on from this thread.....Ugly men/women don't get dances (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9318)

Which would you rather? To be asked to dance because....

CJ
17th-August-2006, 04:46 PM
... I'm the only partner for that song at that moment.
:D :D :D :D :D

Donna
17th-August-2006, 04:46 PM
Following on from this thread.....Ugly men/women don't get dances (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9318)

Neither. I'd just like to be asked for a dance for a dance - not for any other reason but lets face it, it doesn't work like that does it? :D You have to have either of the two, or if you've got both, I guess you'll be pooped by the end of the night.

Sparkles
17th-August-2006, 04:52 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

although sometimes just being asked to dance *at all* is good :(

Alice
17th-August-2006, 04:54 PM
:yeah: :yeah:
Definitely because they thought I was a great dancer- just as I would far rather be asked out by someone because they thought I had a great personality:whistle: Great looks might work as far as the edge of the dance floor, but if you're a great dancer they'll enjoy the dance, no matter what you look like:flower:

Though obviously it's always a great confidence boost to think that anyone thinks you are drop dead gorgeous:wink:

jammy
17th-August-2006, 04:55 PM
although sometimes just being asked to dance *at all* is good :(

yeh i do agree with that

but it is nice too know people might be gettin you up for either of thoes reasons

straycat
17th-August-2006, 04:56 PM

But I'm already both!!

jammy
17th-August-2006, 04:57 PM
Great looks might work as far as the edge of the dance floor, but if you're a great dancer they'll enjoy the dance, no matter what you look like

:yeah: nothing beats a great dance:D

WittyBird
17th-August-2006, 05:21 PM

I can think of something :innocent:

straycat
17th-August-2006, 05:22 PM

Two great dances!! :whistle:

jammy
17th-August-2006, 05:33 PM
well yeh i know but u know some of us was just tryin 2 keep it clean for atleast one page:grin:

littlewiggle
17th-August-2006, 05:38 PM
I was recently pestered and pestered by a guy who went on and on about what a great backside I have....as this is all he went on about I cut him dead and said, "there is more to me than my behind, I do have a personality too you know!" He really couldn't understand why I had taken offence!

SilverFox
17th-August-2006, 06:06 PM
I'd much rather someone tell me I'm drop dead gorgeous.

Who cares if they think you're a great dancer. Big deal!!

If you're not, then do something about it and get better.

If you're not gorgeous - barring surgery - you're screwed ( or not:devil: )

If someone tells me I'm a fabulous dancer, I'll probably forget it before the next track has finished.

If someone tells me I'm drop dead gorgeous I'll remember it right up until I've shagged them.:whistle:

Disclaimer: Not everyone who says I'm gorgeous is entitled to a shag....

....but a frot or a small rummage may be on the cards.

Chef
17th-August-2006, 06:16 PM
If someone tells me I'm drop dead gorgeous I'll remember it right up until I've shagged them.:whistle:

You are drop dead gorgeous SF. I am prepared to settle for what you offered. See you at Southport.

Minnie M
17th-August-2006, 06:18 PM
.............If someone tells me I'm drop dead gorgeous I'll remember it right up until I've shagged them.:whistle:

You're Gorgeous - in fact drop dead gorgeous :drool: :love: :awe: (at my age a small rummage will suffice) :whistle:

WittyBird
17th-August-2006, 06:26 PM

:yeah: Vince you never fail to amuse me :rofl:

At least I was subtle about it :innocent:

jammy
17th-August-2006, 06:41 PM

what if a guy tells you he thinks your dropdead gorgeous! (dont worry im not hittin on you!) he might be wantin a rummage or a frot!!!

but i get a bit uncomfortable when i hear a guy is commentin on my looks (mainly when there gay)

frodo
17th-August-2006, 07:18 PM

In the situation the person is wrong in both cases, it's much more novel and unlikely for them to be wrong regarding the first option, so the first option it is.

straycat
17th-August-2006, 08:49 PM
what if a guy tells you he thinks your dropdead gorgeous!

I usually thank him kindly, and point out that I already have a girlfriend. :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
17th-August-2006, 09:04 PM

Damn thats me blown out then :tears: I will settle for a frot :D

You ARE gorgeous by the way :wink:

WittyBird
17th-August-2006, 09:28 PM
You ARE gorgeous by the way :wink:

I can't believe you blown me out :yum: I'm the ugly bird then:eek:

ducasi
17th-August-2006, 09:28 PM

If someone tells me I'm a fabulous dancer, I'll probably forget it before the next track has finished.

If someone tells me I'm drop dead gorgeous I'll remember it ... :yeah:

I'm not promising anything to anyone though. :innocent:

Andreas
17th-August-2006, 09:37 PM

:yeah: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not promising anything to anyone though. :innocent:

me neither :na:

Dynamo
17th-August-2006, 09:45 PM

Am I releived, free speech lives again

you are Goregeous SF ( but I am not that way inclined )

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and fades with time,
but the pleasure of a good dancer matures with age and can lift anyone up.

RoyBoy
17th-August-2006, 10:23 PM
but the pleasure of a good dancer matures with age and can lift anyone up.

Encouraging words.

After reading these related threads, I was beginning to think it was time to pack it in and look for for a more sedentiary actvity:sad:

You have given me a reason to go on:hug:

Dynamo
17th-August-2006, 10:55 PM
Encouraging words.

After reading these related threads, I was beginning to think it was time to pack it in and look for for a more sedentiary actvity:sad:

You have given me a reason to go on:hug:

:cheers:

Never give up :grin: , as time rolls by, so slowly you will find your idols come to ask you to dance. :D :worthy:

The only sedentiary activity I will look for, is to have my mortuary trolley being spun around as they go to bury me. :rofl:

Lynn
18th-August-2006, 01:06 AM
but the pleasure of a good dancer matures with age and can lift anyone up.:yeah: Good point.

Seems pretty simple to me. If I'm dancing then I'd like someone to ask me based on that. If attractiveness is part of the issue... well yes it can add to the sizzle and spice of some dances, but in the vast majority of cases*, even if I'm attracted to the guy, I really only want to dance with him.

(*with the occasional exception, but even then its probably been his dancing that's been the wow factor, not how gorgeous he is. Being sexy can be as much about how someone moves as how they look.)

MartinHarper
18th-August-2006, 09:52 AM
The "...the person thought you were drop dead gorgeous"-type option, because it's less common.

Great looks might work as far as the edge of the dance floor, but if you're a great dancer they'll enjoy the dance, no matter what you look like

Well, unless we're incompatible as dancers, or they made a bad judgement as to whether I'm any good. Also, I might mess up and end up with a lousy dance. If I've been asked to dance because someone thinks I look ok, I can't mess that up so much.

Dance Demon
18th-August-2006, 09:54 AM

well I think you are a crap dancer, and you ain't no oil paintin'...........but I do like your Hawaii shirt:D .................

Zebra Woman
18th-August-2006, 10:25 AM

Well SF, I would much rather you were a great dancer than drop dead gorgeous.

But never mind we have to work with what we're given don't we?

ZW

Aleks
18th-August-2006, 10:53 AM
Great dancer for me........but............Where's the option for *in my fantasy world, both*?

Freya
18th-August-2006, 10:58 AM
Great dancer for me........but............Where's the option for *in my fantasy world, both*?

But Aleks you are a fabulous dancer and drop dead gorgeous....................Grrrrrrr How I hate you :Green eyed Monster Smiley:

Aleks
18th-August-2006, 11:04 AM
But Aleks you are a fabulous dancer and drop dead gorgeous....................Grrrrrrr How I hate you :Green eyed Monster Smiley:

:blush: - Sparkles' blushing is catching!
IF that's true, why wasn't there an option :wink:?
Wish I could wriggle/wiggle/wriggle like you :waycool: !

Freya
18th-August-2006, 11:08 AM
:blush: - Sparkles' blushing is catching!
IF that's true, why wasn't there an option :wink:?
I think the poster didn't want any one to seem Too Big-headed!!!!!:wink:

Wish I could wriggle/wiggle/wriggle like you :waycool: !
:blush: Definately Catching!

Aleks
18th-August-2006, 11:23 AM
I think the poster didn't want any one to seem Too Big-headed!!!!!:wink:

:wink: I said IN MY DREAMS :wink:!

Frankie_4711
18th-August-2006, 11:35 AM

So true! ... Nothing!

The only sedentiary activity I will look for, is to have my mortuary trolley being spun around as they go to bury me.

:yeah: What a fantastic idea!

Definitely prefer to be asked because of my dancing ability. I'm much more comfortable with people thinking I'm a good dancer than thinking I'm gorgeous - not that I think I'm either, but somehow 'good dancer' is easier to accept.

Of course if they thought BOTH ... :clap:

robd
18th-August-2006, 11:48 AM

Are you suggesting he's not a great dancer ZW?

Where's that spoon of mine?

Lory
18th-August-2006, 12:00 PM
I dare anyone, to ask the next stranger who asks them to dance, why they picked them... but you must give them the above options :D

And report back! :devil:

WittyBird
18th-August-2006, 12:01 PM
I dare anyone, to ask the next stranger who asks them to dance, why they picked them... but you must give them the above options :D

And report back! :devil:

Ok Im up for that! watch out WSM :rofl:

Groovy Dancer
18th-August-2006, 12:27 PM

Have you ever considered setting up a website?:rofl:
Sell me your formula, for irresistabilty.
(that is a word.:confused: right?)

SilverFox
18th-August-2006, 12:59 PM
Are you suggesting he's not a great dancer ZW? As I said before, I don't care! .......

But never mind we have to work with what we're given don't we? ......because she also said I'm drop dead gorgeous! :clap: :yum:

Sparkles
18th-August-2006, 01:07 PM
......because she also said I'm drop dead gorgeous! :clap: :yum:

Well she implied it :whistle:

Limpy Tink
18th-August-2006, 06:53 PM
LMAO! - Trust you!!:rofl:

Yeah Right!! you mean until you get home and share your heightened ego with friends! :rolleyes:

You just can't help yourself can you... I keep on telling you hun - this is not a good way to increase your circle of friends!! :wink:

Little Monkey
18th-August-2006, 08:45 PM
Aaaaargh!

Can't I click both???

Well, I'm not a great dancer, so it would be nice to think that people asked me to dance because they think I'm drop dead gorgeous. But I know I'm not gorgeous, either (drop dead or otherwise), so I might as well go and stick my head in a paper bag and hide in a corner! :(

Depressed now. :tears:

PS - my vanity wants people to consider me gorgeous, but the slightly more rational part of my brain wants me to be a great dancer!

PPS - In fact, I think the majority of people who ask me to dance do so because I'm a 'fun' dancer...... Is that a compliment??? :confused: :what: :sick:

FirstMove
18th-August-2006, 10:08 PM
Anyone who asks me dance either because I'm DDG or a good dancer is clearly delusional. A good slap is clearly the required response :rolleyes:

Sheepman
19th-August-2006, 03:19 AM
In fact, I think the majority of people who ask me to dance do so because I'm a 'fun' dancer...... Is that a compliment??? Of course! :flower: :hug:
Who would want to dance with the world's best dancer if he/she was as miserable as sin?

Greg

Little Monkey
19th-August-2006, 03:26 PM
Of course! :flower: :hug:
Who would want to dance with the world's best dancer if he/she was as miserable as sin?

Greg

Sorry, but that doesn't help my self esteem one smidgeon. I'd like to be gorgeous and a fab dancer...... Oh vanity.......:blush:

*Scuttles off to find huge paper bag to hide in*

littlewiggle
19th-August-2006, 05:19 PM
*Scuttles off to find huge paper bag to hide in*

I can usually see something attractive in everyone.....and no, that doesn't mean I fancy anything in trousers!! I do feel that everyone has something going for them (ok so you might have to look a bit harder sometimes!) and it wouldn't do if we were all the same.

2leftfeet
19th-August-2006, 05:53 PM
I think we should all remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
So I think that there are more than the two options open to us in the poll!
2LF
:whistle:

Tessalicious
19th-August-2006, 08:11 PM
Much nicer to be asked because someone thinks you're gorgeous and then be pleasantly surprised at how fabulous a dancer you are, than to be asked because someone has been told you're a nice dancer but has to be convinced that you can look nice too, don't you think?

cms
20th-August-2006, 03:42 PM
In fact, I think the majority of people who ask me to dance do so because I'm a 'fun' dancer...... Is that a compliment??? :confused: :what: :sick:
:yeah: :yeah:

i agree - thats kinda the same as me! i love my dancing and think that shows on the dance floor. i also suffer from 'leaky head syndrome' and by the end of the night look as if iv just had a bucket of water thrown over me! but for some reason people still ask me to dance - i certainly dont feel attractive at that time so im guessing it must be cos im still having fun!

C x

Andreas
20th-August-2006, 04:20 PM
irresistability.
(that is a word.:confused: right?)

It is, you just used the wrong prefix. I am sure you meant 'instability' :devil: :na:

Much nicer to be asked because someone thinks you're gorgeous and then be pleasantly surprised at how fabulous a dancer you are, than to be asked because someone has been told you're a nice dancer but has to be convinced that you can look nice too, don't you think?

:yeah: It makes for close body contact with the added bonus of dancing. Just watch out that dance quality isn't the only surprise. :na:

J-J
20th-August-2006, 09:08 PM
i feel more nervous asking the really good (but older) dancer to dance than the new hot fit ones lol

i go 2 ceroc 2 dance so thats what i want 2 b recognised 4

J-J
20th-August-2006, 09:08 PM
if someone said they were asking me 2 dance cos i looked nice id prob say go away! lol

i hate sleaze of any kind

SilverFox
20th-August-2006, 09:16 PM
if someone said they were asking me 2 dance cos i looked nice id prob say go away! lol

i hate sleaze of any kind:eek: Our versions of sleaze somewhat differ....

ducasi
20th-August-2006, 09:21 PM

i hate sleaze of any kind
Is saying someone looks nice sleazy? Oops!

under par
20th-August-2006, 09:28 PM
:eek: Our versions of sleaze somewhat differ....

Mr Fox I don't believe you !!!

Do you have a version of sleaze??

I thought that was your natural state:rofl:

Tessalicious
20th-August-2006, 09:36 PM
There's a very big difference between asking someone to dance because they look nice (because the eye is automatically drawn to nice-looking things, people, places, etc) and asking them to dance because they look nice and you're looking forward to the chance to to rub yourself all over them and making them feel uncomfortable. If you have a problem with people thinking you look nice, I might suggest that you need to look at your self-esteem, rather than calling it sleaziness on the part of the other.

Obviously, in the above descriptions, SF mainly does the rubbing part but usually manages to get away without the uncomfortableness, usually because the women he's rubbing fancy him back. One day we might even work out why.

pmjd
20th-August-2006, 11:26 PM
Is saying someone looks nice sleazy? Oops!

Suppose it depends how you say it. There can be both nice and sleazy ways of giving compliments.

I'm still in two minds how to answer the original question:confused: :confused:

Yes it's always a fantastic ego boost to hear that someone thinks your a great dancer:clap:
BUT
being told you're very attractive is also a fantastic ego boost but depending on who says it could have mixed effects

Freya
21st-August-2006, 08:59 AM
Sleezyness can be dependant on the Person on the recieving end.

Some people will laugh it off especially if the Guy is trying to be funny where as others may take it the wrong way.

Some guys are just plain sleezy though. One guy I know its the way he dances and looks at you not what he says. He's very UCP all the time whatever the type of music whatever the move. and he kinda lears at you when he's smiling! Gives me the Creeps.

But simply saying someone looks nice isn't sleezy it's in the tone of the voice and the way you look at them when saying it!!!!

Juju
27th-August-2006, 12:05 PM
Can't I have both please? I have, however, voted for the second option, because if I thought someone was asking to me to dance based on my looks alone (yeah, right) I'd be concerned that I might be dealing with a potential creep. Sad but true.

Your wife
30th-August-2006, 02:01 PM
So many times now I've spotted a lovely fresh faced young man over the other side of the room, dredged up the courage to go and ask for a dance, only to find within the first 3 seconds he is the most terrible dancer in the world! And then I instantly loose interest! (Am I sick?) And then go looking for the reassuringly haggard faces of the good dancers I know and love. (I made them haggard possibly)

Its a MYTH!There is no such as a good dancer who is drop dead georgeous! If such a thing were possible the universe would probably impload!

....apart from SF, ofcorse. He's a fox!:flower:

Cruella
30th-August-2006, 02:39 PM
There is no such as a good dancer who is drop dead georgeous! If such a thing were possible the universe would probably impload!

....apart from SF, ofcorse. He's a fox!:flower:

We're waiting for the implosion as proof!

straycat
30th-August-2006, 04:02 PM
There is no such as a good dancer who is drop dead georgeous!

Except me :waycool:

Stray (I'm modest too)

Gentabout
10th-September-2006, 10:25 PM
Definitely prefer to be asked because of my dancing ability. I'm much more comfortable with people thinking I'm a good dancer than thinking I'm gorgeous - not that I think I'm either, but somehow 'good dancer' is easier to accept.

Of course if they thought BOTH ... :clap:

Many of us do think this though!.

I just get asked to dance because they feel sorry for me.

Gent

Frankie_4711
12th-September-2006, 08:05 AM
Many of us do think this though!.

:blush:

I just get asked to dance because they feel sorry for me.

Oh, come on! You don't really think that's true, do you? I reckon you manage to fulfil both criteria perfectly well! :love: