PDA

View Full Version : Who going to the Scottish Comp

Scot
17th-August-2006, 10:47 AM
Wether competing or not there is lots free style dancing to be done.

Don't miss out on this great event and the good thing it all goes to charity

mikeyr
17th-August-2006, 12:53 PM
I will be there:clap: :clap: Coming up early on Friday as I have 2 lovely sons that live in Edinburgh. Look forward to catching up with them and seeing you all Friday night. If anybody wants a free ticket for the Friday night bash, PM me, my dance partner isnt coming up until Saturday morning so I have one spare.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2006, 01:15 PM
I will be there:clap: :clap: Coming up early on Friday as I have 2 lovely sons that live in Edinburgh. Look forward to catching up with them and seeing you all Friday night. If anybody wants a free ticket for the Friday night bash, PM me, my dance partner isnt coming up until Saturday morning so I have one spare.
and do the charity out of some money ? tsk...for shame

ducasi
17th-August-2006, 01:26 PM
and do the charity out of some money ? tsk...for shame
How's that? The charity must already have the money if the ticket's been paid for.

ducasi
17th-August-2006, 01:28 PM
I'll be there – doing the Lucky Dip and for the first time, the Intermediate. :)

Looking forward to it! :clap:

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2006, 02:07 PM
How's that? The charity must already have the money if the ticket's been paid for.
I think he means that another ticket would otherwise need to be sold, thus netting the charity an extra few quid :clap:

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh! Lucky Dip for me and then DJing the Saturday night freestyle :D

Missy D
17th-August-2006, 03:05 PM
I was going but, now I am not:sad:

Hope you all have a really good time:clap: :clap:

Maybe next year for me!:flower:

mikeyr
17th-August-2006, 03:06 PM
I think he means that another ticket would otherwise need to be sold, thus netting the charity an extra few quid :clap:

Yep, ticket was paid for so something goes to charity, passing on the ticket to a fellow human being something goes to kama. What goes around comes around.:flower:

TheTramp
17th-August-2006, 03:18 PM
I'll be there. I might be asleep in the corner though!!

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2006, 03:21 PM
Yep, ticket was paid for so something goes to charity, passing on the ticket to a fellow human being something goes to kama. What goes around comes around.:flower:
indeed , but will you gain bad karma for depriving the charity of the extra ticket money or good karma for passing on a ticket to another human being so they can get in for free, and if that was the case they're bound to get bad karma for accepting this ticket and depriving the charity. Oooh a moral dilema surely ? :) (Im not sure if im due bad or good karma for actually bringing this up :confused: )

Dance Demon
17th-August-2006, 04:26 PM
My competing days are over methinks.....bu I will be DJing the Latin & Blues room on Saturday night:clap:

killingtime
17th-August-2006, 04:38 PM
Oh! Lucky Dip for me and then DJing the Saturday night freestyle :D

Hopefully you'll get a better partner in Lucky Dip this time :flower:.

I should be doing Lucky Dip and Reversal. When I get my form in.

Scot
18th-August-2006, 09:27 AM
When I get my form in.

Would be appreciated

Cheers

Scot

PretzelMeister
18th-August-2006, 12:11 PM
Am planning on Lucky-Dipping - need to get my app form in though - will try to do by this time next week.

PM

whistler
18th-August-2006, 12:59 PM
Am planning on Lucky-Dipping - need to get my app form in though - will try to do by this time next week.

PM

Leaving things to the last min? NOT like you P:rofl: :rolleyes:

Yliander
18th-August-2006, 01:11 PM
Me! Me!:clap: put my form went into the mail today! Advanced and Lucky Dip for me

Scot
18th-August-2006, 03:07 PM

Is this you making excuses already as far as I can see you have a busy day ahead of you.

Piglet
19th-August-2006, 10:06 PM

Don't worry I'll bring my poking stick :wink:

Really looking forward to this and got my dress (es) :D and love it (them) to bits!

under par
20th-August-2006, 07:26 AM
mrs Par and I have flights and a hotel booked but can't book the comp yet as there appears to be no beginners category:whistle:

Scot
20th-August-2006, 01:50 PM
mrs Par and I have flights and a hotel booked but can't book the comp yet as there appears to be no beginners category:whistle:

Would you like me to make one for you :D

Sheepman
21st-August-2006, 04:47 PM
Is there anyone else who is having trouble with printing the form? Maybe it's just a problem with my printer interface & Adobe, but rather than just printing, it asks me to enter a "print file name" and just saves to a print file which won't print. :mad:

Greg

drathzel
21st-August-2006, 05:40 PM

Does that mean, once again, that i will have to dance around you???:rolleyes:

drathzel
21st-August-2006, 05:40 PM
P.S that means i also got our form in!:D

Scot
21st-August-2006, 05:41 PM
Is there anyone else who is having trouble with printing the form? Maybe it's just a problem with my printer interface & Adobe, but rather than just printing, it asks me to enter a "print file name" and just saves to a print file which won't print. :mad:

Greg

Attached as Jpg hope that helps

Sheepman
21st-August-2006, 05:58 PM
Attached as Jpg hope that helps Thanks, all sorted now.

Greg

cerocmetro
22nd-August-2006, 01:07 AM
mm, will be in th uk then so if i can get a flight and somewhere to stay, you might see me there. ALso need a dance partner, anyone free?:whistle:

Adam

Little Em
22nd-August-2006, 08:33 AM
i WILL BE There with all the girlies from Aberdeen - I am looking forward to this! :clap:

Adam - long time no see! hope you can make it! :flower:

Em x

Tiggerbabe
22nd-August-2006, 09:21 AM
mm, will be in th uk then so if i can get a flight and somewhere to stay, you might see me there.
Brilliant news :D

Simon r
22nd-August-2006, 11:14 AM
Nicole and i will be there still have not sorted any accomadation so hope to find something up there.

Should be the last time we do our showcase as well :clap:

I used to like the song now i can not stand it...

Scot
22nd-August-2006, 11:17 AM
Nicole and i will be there still have not sorted any accomadation so hope to find something up there.

Should be the last time we do our showcase as well :clap:

I used to like the song now i can not stand it...

Last time? I did not see it the first time nor will any of Scotland

Looking forward to it

Stuart M
22nd-August-2006, 12:14 PM
I've just realised that the Champs are the same day as the Leuchars Airshow, which usually causes a fair bit of traffic in Fife.

For those travelling down on the Saturday from Dundee and points north, perhaps worth bearing in mind?

Tiggerbabe
22nd-August-2006, 01:45 PM
I've just realised that the Champs are the same day as the Leuchars Airshow, which usually causes a fair bit of traffic in Fife.

For those travelling down on the Saturday from Dundee and points north, perhaps worth bearing in mind?
Most people from Dundee and Aberdeen don't go over the Tay Road Bridge to get to Edinburgh, we head to Perth first, it's quicker :D Anyone who was thinking of driving through Fife should change their mind now - thanks, Stuart :hug:

Dorothy
22nd-August-2006, 02:30 PM
Don't you need to go via Fife to get onto Forth Rd Bridge driving Perth - Edinburgh

TheTramp
23rd-August-2006, 12:29 AM
Is this you making excuses already as far as I can see you have a busy day ahead of you.

Nope. Just that I'll still probably be jetlagged...

Anyhow, not that busy. I'm only doing Lucky Dip, Open, Reverse Roles and Showcase.

I'm doing 4 categories in Brisbane the weekend before. And judging (unfortunately, probably not the same categories as I'm entering!). And teaching a workshop the day after.... :rolleyes:

TheTramp
23rd-August-2006, 12:29 AM
Does that mean, once again, that i will have to dance around you???:rolleyes:

Ummm. If you like. Or I could sleep in a chair and you could.... no.... nevermind :blush:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-August-2006, 02:04 AM
Don't you need to go via Fife to get onto Forth Rd Bridge driving Perth - Edinburgh
Well, yes, you're driving through Fife, but everyone going to Leuchars is driving on the other side of the motorway.

cerocmetro
23rd-August-2006, 06:05 AM
Nope. Just that I'll still probably be jetlagged...

Hey at least i'll be on the same time as you, well nearly anyway, about a further 4 hours away. :sick:

Thanks for doing Wellington for me, havn't had a chance to thank you yet.

Rachel says hi. :wink:

TheTramp
23rd-August-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey at least i'll be on the same time as you, well nearly anyway, about a further 4 hours away. :sick:

Thanks for doing Wellington for me, havn't had a chance to thank you yet.

Rachel says hi. :wink:

Yeah. We can go to sleep in the corner together. At least, that probably wasn't meant to sound like that.

Had a great time in Wellington. Thanks for letting me visit. And thanks to Mandy for being such a great hostess. Looking forward to next year already! :whistle:

Stuart M
23rd-August-2006, 01:57 PM
Anyhow, not that busy. I'm only doing Lucky Dip, Open, Reverse Roles and Showcase.

Y'know, last night when reading the Competition admission form again, I found out the real reason why Trampy's entering the Reversed roles event.

Reversed Roles
(Entry fee £16 per couple + admission). This fun section is open to anyone that wants to compete in a revered role. In this section the lady must lead and man must follow. Points will be awarded for dress and presentation.

Wannabe... :wink:

Scot
23rd-August-2006, 09:56 PM
Y'know, last night when reading the Competition admission form again, I found out the real reason why Trampy's entering the Reversed roles event.

Wannabe... :wink:

Well spotted:blush:

Stuart M
24th-August-2006, 09:06 AM
Well spotted:blush:
Actually, I reckon we lead dancers should view that sentence as advice, rather than a typo.

:worthy:

johnah
25th-August-2006, 04:22 PM
mm, will be in th uk then so if i can get a flight and somewhere to stay, you might see me there. ALso need a dance partner, anyone free?:whistle:

Adam

:respect: Will be good to see you again Adam.:cheers:

fletch
26th-August-2006, 10:28 AM

Adam

My friend Conney is going,:flower: she was placed recently at WSM and very good at AT:worthy: i'm sure she would be interested:respect: (lets face it who wouldn't be):drool: :wink:

Scot
31st-August-2006, 05:03 PM
My friend Conney is going,:flower: she was placed recently at WSM and very good at AT:worthy: i'm sure she would be interested:respect: (lets face it who wouldn't be):drool: :wink:

Did Conney get a Partner??

Lucy Locket
3rd-September-2006, 01:12 PM
HELP !!!!

Anyone recommend anywhere to stay please. :flower:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-September-2006, 01:32 PM
Not recommendations, as I've not stayed at them all, but here is the list of numbers that I have;

Eildon B&B 0131 665 3981
Arden House 0131 6650663
Windsor 0131 6652194
Craigesk 0131 6653344
Moir Lodge 0131 6532827
Delta House 0131 6652107
Carberry Conf Centre 0131 6653135

I'm staying at the Woodside 0131 6650404 but I believe it's already fully booked.

There is also a travelodge at Inveresk, which is only 5 minutes from the venue if you have a car.

ducasi
3rd-September-2006, 01:33 PM
HELP !!!!

Anyone recommend anywhere to stay please. :flower:
This might help...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9334

My partner and I are staying at the Travelodge, and there are two nearby Travel Inns.

BTW, if anyone else is staying at the Travelodge and can offer us lifts, we'd be very grateful. :flower:

Lucy Locket
3rd-September-2006, 04:12 PM
HELP :tears: :tears: :tears:

Spent all morning & afternoon, so far, ringing round to get a room & they are all fully booked. Tried absolutely everywhere.

Can anyone help????

cerocmetro
3rd-September-2006, 11:13 PM
Yippeee, just booked my flights, Edinburgh here we come. :clap:

Oh, hope there is all night dancing coz I have no where to stay :sick:
I will have a sleeping bag, anyone got any floor space :awe:
Adam

Lucy Locket
4th-September-2006, 12:25 PM

Spent all morning & afternoon, so far, ringing round to get a room & they are all fully booked. Tried absolutely everywhere.

Can anyone help????

Finally sorted, found a b&b in Tranent :flower:

Scot
4th-September-2006, 12:49 PM
Finally sorted, found a b&b in Tranent :flower:

Thats only about 3-4 miles away

killingtime
4th-September-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats only about 3-4 miles away

The 26 bus will take you to the comp and the N26 might run to Tranent at 1am (I do know it goes into town, Edinburgh, at those sorts of times). Err... why don't I look it up (http://www.lothianbuses.co.uk/timeTables/rn26_mon2fri.asp) though...

Nope looks like they serve Prestonpans instead so you might be better of with a taxi at that time (unless you are driving, in which case forget everything I've said).

cutey
4th-September-2006, 05:21 PM

Can anyone help????

Don't Panic :waycool:
I called the Scottish Tourist Board and they have booked Simon and I into a hotel close to Edinburgh Town Centre and a 15 min drive from the venue. Kildonan Lodge Hotel 4*. There website is www.visitscotland.com.
Good Luck... Are you competing? If so, good luck:hug: :clap:

johnthehappyguy
7th-September-2006, 10:59 AM
Some of you from down South, will no doubt be leaving sometime soon.

Hope everyone has a fantastic safe journey, and that the sunny weather that is happening just now is maintained throughout the weekend.

I am really looking forward to this, it should be great.

Good Luck to all competitors !

John:nice:

cerocmetro
7th-September-2006, 06:21 PM
has anyone got a large boot space, that is all i seem to be able to get so far. :sick:

ElaineB
7th-September-2006, 07:50 PM
Good luck to everyone taking part this week-end, whether it be competing, Judging, DJ'ing or suppoting! :clap: :clap: :clap: I also hope that you also make a huge amount of money for charity this year! :respect: :worthy: :respect:

I must confess that I am keeping my fingers crossed for Mark and Jackie and Jenny and Danny in particular, but to all those competing, I just hope that you come away feeling that you have done your best and that you had a brilliant time! :hug:

Elaine

Piglet
7th-September-2006, 11:39 PM
I must confess that I am keeping my fingers crossed for Mark and Jackie

Ooooh! Just curious - could this be the Mark I danced with in Gloucester earlier this year? Or a different one?

Lynn
7th-September-2006, 11:44 PM
Good luck to everyone. From my 8-9 hour board meetings Fri night/Sat :( I shall be cheering on the NI contingent. :D

Go Drathzel! :clap:

ElaineB
8th-September-2006, 07:27 AM
Ooooh! Just curious - could this be the Mark I danced with in Gloucester earlier this year? Or a different one?

If he spoke with a Welsh accent, was fab at musical interperation and his dance style was 'funky', then that is Mark. His surname is Wilson. Is that the same one?

Elaine

Piglet
8th-September-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure Elaine, but thanks for trying to be helpful.

He apparently won the Best of the West back at Easter time and he was a lovely dancer, but I didn't get chatting with him, simply enjoyed our dance.

Tazmanian Devil
8th-September-2006, 09:45 PM
:clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug: :clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug: :clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug:
Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow

I will be thinking of you'all during the day
:clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug: :clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug: :clap: :worthy: :respect: :sick: :waycool: :flower: :cheers: :hug:

wayaay bird
8th-September-2006, 10:27 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

Good Luck Everyone :hug: :clap:

Baruch
9th-September-2006, 07:37 PM
Ooooh! Just curious - could this be the Mark I danced with in Gloucester earlier this year?
No, but I think you danced with him in Cardiff. He and Jackie are our teachers at Planet LeRoc.

ElaineB
10th-September-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure Elaine, but thanks for trying to be helpful.

He apparently won the Best of the West back at Easter time and he was a lovely dancer, but I didn't get chatting with him, simply enjoyed our dance.

Oh, that will be Mark from Gloucester then! )There are so many Mark's about aren't there - could someone change their name please? :D ) Tall chap with glasses, very smooth and light in his lead. Yes, a lovely dancer! :flower:

Elaine

Piglet
17th-September-2006, 07:58 AM
Aha! Yep I have danced with both Mark in Cardiff and Mark in Gloucester!

It was lovely to see Mark and Jackie at the Champs and I loved the bit in their showcase where he played her like a piano - very clever!