PDA

View Full Version : Injecting a little passion

Gadget
25th-April-2003, 12:51 PM
Following on from the 'slease/sexy' thread, anyone got any tips for injecting a little more passion/chemistry into a dance? Which moves do you feel convey most electricity? {dips and seducers don't count}

eg.
On the Comb: if the man bend's his knees with his back straight so that the eye level is dropped to the same as his partner, it gives more direct eye contact and you don't have to pull the lady close enough to touch. (I find that one leg bent and the other straight out to the side or beside your partner feels more comfortable)

I think that a lot of the 'passion' I try for in moves is borrowed from my concept of what makes spanish flamenco and salsa look so intense: Posture and pose, an occasional 'crisp' start/end to a move, the occasional 'stalk' move...

Divissima
25th-April-2003, 02:04 PM
Gadget wrote:the occasional 'stalk' move...Please describe :wink:
I think chemistry/passion is one of those difficult things to pin down - for me it is all in the connection between the dancers, whether eye contact, body contact or that almost psychic quality which means that although they aren't looking at each other or even touching, their movements are harmonious and they somehow aware of the other's position. Maybe something about taking time to finish a move, re-establish a connection and move into the next move together. Often there's no noticeable pause - it's more like a subtle deceleration to collect and acceleration into the next move. Amir does it just brilliantly - swears it's all to do with microleads.
I'm not sure that's very helpful.

Chicklet
25th-April-2003, 02:22 PM
Can we buy little tartan microleads for those of us that could do with being on the end of one to get us to go and do what we're supposed to?????:waycool: :D

This popped into my head.....not exactly mainstream but has anyone who has done the blindfold thing found it particularly sexy / passionate...not sure what connection I'm making in my head...... probably imagining it :innocent: :innocent:

C

Gadget
25th-April-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Please describe {stalk}:wink:
... I would say "walking around each-other or one partner walking around another", but that's too simplistic; generally a move or part of a move that is shoulder to shoulder (or side to side), with the head turned to face your partner and a definite placement of the feet - like strutting, but with focus on your partner... just doing one or a half revolution, then continue with another move or resume the rest of the move that was broken with the 'strut'... :waycool:

That make any sense?

John S
25th-April-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

has anyone who has done the blindfold thing found it particularly sexy / passionate...

Now that WOULD be telling.
:kiss:

Chicklet
25th-April-2003, 03:12 PM
So does this mean you must be a man of action then John who would prefer to show than tell??????:devil: :innocent:

Bill
27th-April-2003, 06:44 PM
but has anyone who has done the blindfold thing found it particularly sexy / passionate:innocent: :innocent:

C

Shouldn't this be on a different thread...............or even a different kind of forum??? :rolleyes: :wink:

I assume you mean while at a beginners class !

Closed my eyes but no blindfold....as yet :devil: :na:

and thanks for the lovley dances last night Chicklet....:grin:

spindr
28th-April-2003, 12:58 AM
Before passion, you have to have interest...
...at least eye-contact, or mirroring body position, etc.... then you can start to heat it up ;)

Otherwise it's just dancing at each other, not with each other.

Cheers,

Neil.

P.S. Of course, passion doesn't necessarily imply a positive attraction.

Wendy
28th-April-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by spindr
Before passion, you have to have interest...

And in the beginning there was music....????

Wxxx

Divissima
28th-April-2003, 01:25 AM
Gadget wrote: That make any sense?Yes - thank you:grin: Such moves definitely have the element of 'connection I was trying to get at.

Chicklet
28th-April-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Shouldn't this be on a different thread...............or even a different kind of forum??? :rolleyes: :wink:

I assume you mean while at a beginners class !

Closed my eyes but no blindfold....as yet :devil: :na:

and thanks for the lovley dances last night Chicklet....:grin: Really really really only talking about DANCING with the blindfold.......on this forum anyway.:innocent:

And as for Saturday night, I'm sure the pleasure was all mine sir!!
Think I can still count my slower dance experiences in single figures so it's all very new and exciting to me and was wonderful to enjoy a turn on the floor with one of the masters!!!
(Up on the toes for BWCCT was a quite a challenge in that heat too!!!)

C :D

DavidB
28th-April-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm starting to think I'm the only dancer out there who isn't trying to inject every ounce of passion possible into every dance.

Passion is just one feeling or emotion you can put in your dancing. It is not the be-all and end-all of good dancing. If passion is all you ever think about, then your dancing can become very one-dimensional. That is still better than zero-dimensional, but it can make you very predictable to dance with.

The emotion you want to portray can come from anything - the music, your partner, the environment, etc. Passion is ideal for a tango in a dark, smoky dance-hall, but would look pretty silly busking to S Club 7 with your mum.

'Passion' to me implies two people who can't get enough of each other, and are right on the edge of their self control. That translates into lots of eye contact, with spins etc done as quickly as possible to minimise the break of the eye contact. The bodies should be projecting towards each other like there is some sort of magnetic attraction. The rhythm can keep changing, with plenty of contrast.

'Romance' is completely different. The look should be of two people who trust each other. The eye contact is minimal - you don't have to constantly check your partner is looking at you. You can have a lot more shadow positions. You can lean away a lot more or just stand upright. You are not trying to force yourself on your partner - you have already won them over. The movements can be more graceful. The changes in rhythm are more subtle - more 'light and shade' instead of 'black and white'. It is a similar emotion to 'passion', but looks and feels completely different.

Or you can just look 'cool'. Or 'exuberant'. Or however you want to look. Just don't try the same look for every dance.

David

Chicklet
28th-April-2003, 01:20 PM
Sir,

Thank you for penning this, your definitions of and distinctions between passion and romance are superb,

C

TheTramp
28th-April-2003, 01:23 PM
Or you can just look 'cool'. Or 'exuberant'. Or however you want to look. Just don't try the same look for every dance.Hmmm. Yeah. I was told on Saturday that I had the 'Moody Spanish Bastard' look right down to a T. Well, it was a moody Latin number.....

Steve

Gadget
28th-April-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
I'm starting to think I'm the only dancer out there who isn't trying to inject every ounce of passion possible into every dance.
~snip~
Or you can just look 'cool'. Or 'exuberant'. Or however you want to look. Just don't try the same look for every dance.
as elequent as ever. :)

I can see your point and I agree that the same 'look' would quickly tire, however I still think that every dance should have an element of 'passion' in it; a spark or flirtatious feel. Not necissaraly throughout the whole dance{/song}, but in appropriate places for the direction/feel of the music.

Too much of any specific 'look' will not work as well as balancing several elements, depending on the music; Too much 'passion' and it looks sleasy, too much 'cool' and it looks aloof, too much exuberance and it looks messy, too much romance and it looks staged...
The balance depends on the partner and the song, I also think that the good dancers have a deeper scope of these 'looks' that they can fine tune depending on the music. eg David is good at the 'cool' look, Bill is good at 'passion', Franck is good at 'exuberant', Tramp is good at 'moody spanish bastard'... but they all are excelent at interpritation and don't just limit themselves to the one 'look'

A long winded way of justifying the thread's {intended} focus on one element - passion.

Franck
28th-April-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
Franc is good at 'exuberant', Tramp is good at 'moody spanish bastard'... but they all are excelent at interpritation and don't just limit themselves to the one 'look' Hey, I can do the 'moody French bastard' look too :wink:

Franck.

TheTramp
28th-April-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Hey, I can do the 'moody French bastard' look too :wink:

Franck. Would that be to Dany Brillant then Franck??

I'll start practising my moody Welsh bastard to Tom Jones now :D

Steve

Chicklet
28th-April-2003, 03:39 PM
too clean to be moody I think but have you ever played any Johnny 'alliday at a ceroc night Franck???

Bill
28th-April-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

David It's alright for you .............you can look cool and laid back :wink: - a bit like the man Gilbert up here..... but I've tried exuberant and just looked stupid and don't have the style to be 'cool'.

Even tried to look passionate at one point on Saturday ........you know the look, slightly closed eye, slightly raised eyebrow etc...... and what happened :confused: ......my partner just laughed :eek: :tears:

But ( as usual ) you're correct David. Passion goes with some songs, in some venues, with certain dance partners. Certain songs just don't lend themeselves to 'passion' but I don't agree that it means or suggests two people can't get enough of each other. Although it might do for some couples I think the point would be that the 'connection' others have mentioned - the eye contact, the 'feel' for the song etc... and almost an intensity at times which makes all else on the floor a blur and takes the dance on to another level.

Difficult to define and I've heard many women describe a good male dancer as having the quality to make them feel special and as if they were the only people dancing. I think it's something a few very good men do. :wink:

need to go home and practice those mean and moody stares then......... :sorry

Aleks
29th-April-2003, 10:01 AM

Even tried to look passionate at one point on Saturday ........you know the look, slightly closed eye, slightly raised eyebrow etc...... and what happened :confused: ......my partner just laughed :eek: :tears:

And I told why I laughed at the time:wink: !

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 10:32 AM
I've heard many women describe a good male dancer as having the quality to make them feel special and as if they were the only people dancing. I think it's something a few very good men do. Yep !! And the good ones make you feel like that to any track - even to some poppy S Club track. I may have gone overboard with the passion thing.... I am a passionate person in the sense that I get very enthusiastic about things and throw myself wholeheartedly into things and that can be dancing to Etta James "I just wannna make love to you" or headbanging to Status Quo or crying when I hear Pachelbel's Canon.......the music doesn't necessarily evoke passion in that flamenco, moody sultry French bastard way.... it evokes passion in me which can be any emotion ??? Am I blethering again Stuart ?????

I probably want my partenr to look like he wants to spend the next 4 minutes of his life with me - sharing popcorn at the pictures, having a snowball fight (pillow fight :wink: ) or giving me a handkie when the wind makes me cry.... all or any of that stuff.... so that can feel magic to any kind of music..... The reason I'm really looking for the connection for some songs is that firstly the music really moves me - it's the soundtrack to my "life film" - more than S Club or that Boogie Woogie Bugle thing :reallymad - (and that can be Brown Sugar or Etta James) - and secondly the words you hear on the track are the dialogue in that film at that particular moment. I can't help but think and feel "I just wanna make love to you" a teeny bit when I dance to that !!!! and if the guy is tuned in to that too it can get pretty steamy out there... and I have to be quite careful who I dance that track with.....

So Bill, can't wait for that really fast Glen Miller track next time we meet :wink:

Wxxx

bigdjiver
29th-April-2003, 09:03 PM
I can make my partner feel like she is the only one dancing ...

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bigdjiver
I can make my partner feel like she is the only one dancing ... Every partner :D or just one in particular :tears:

Wx

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 09:16 PM
and doesn't she mind that she feels you've gone off and left her :wink:

Wxxx

Graham
29th-April-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
and doesn't she mind that she feels you've gone off and left her :wink:

Wxxx :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Graham
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now there's a great idea for our next cabaret !! And bet The Tramp would be great at that !!! When do you come up to Scotland again Steve ???

Wxxx

Wendy
29th-April-2003, 09:42 PM
:sorry :sorry :sorry
Just remembered who bigdjiver is ... the one with the slow modem who doesn't like going off-topic (we really need a Munch scream face Franck !!! ) Yikes !!!! (Where's that book on How to make Friends ... again ??? )
If I inject a little passion, will you forgive me bigdjiver ???
:innocent: :kiss: :cheers: :hug:

Wxxx

TheTramp
30th-April-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
Now there's a great idea for our next cabaret !! And bet The Tramp would be great at that !!! When do you come up to Scotland again Steve ???

Wxxx Not soon enough :(

The plan at the moment, is to make my entrance into Scotland at the Glasgow party on the 12th July.

I take it you like my :rofl: smiley then Graham? :D

Steve

Heather
30th-April-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Not soon enough :(

The plan at the moment, is to make my entrance into Scotland at the Glasgow party on the 12th July.

I take it you like my :rofl: smiley then Graham? :D

Steve

:D :D That will give us plenty of time to alert the Border Patrols, then Steve!!!:rofl:

Heather,
XX
PS I love the :rofl: smiley too!!!

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D That will give us plenty of time to alert the Border Patrols, then Steve!!!:rofl:

Heather,
XX
PS I love the :rofl: smiley too!!! No probs. I was planning on sneaking in by submarine under cover of darkness anyhow. Let's see if your border patrols can stop me :D

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
3rd-July-2003, 12:16 PM
Can I just say, You can't make passion happen in a dance, or you can't do anything that will make a dance passionate,
My opinion is that it will come naturally if you are attracted to the person you are dancing with,..!!!

Oh and Franck why does Bastard not get filtered out?? but p*ss or p*ssed does..???
Is that not classed as a swear word too.? :confused: :D

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Can I just say, You can't make passion happen in a dance, or you can't do anything that will make a dance passionate,
My opinion is that it will come naturally if you are attracted to the person you are dancing with,..!!! I agree with the first part - moves and even style have nothing to do with it - you need the 3-way connection between you and your partner and the music. I disagree that it will come naturally, in the sense that it certainly doesn't come automatically - a lot of people are too scared to allow a connection with their partner, even if (perhaps especially if!) they are attracted.

Oh and Franck why does Bastard not get filtered out?? but p*ss or p*ssed does..???
Is that not classed as a swear word too.? :confused: :D Good question - never noticed that before. Why don't you go through your bad word list and see if there are any other anomalies? :wink:

Are you planning to read the entire forum? :really: Or were you just attracted to the thread title?

xSalsa_Angelx
3rd-July-2003, 12:40 PM

Good question - never noticed that before. Why don't you go through your bad word list and see if there are any other anomalies? :wink:

Are you planning to read the entire forum? :really: Or were you just attracted to the thread title?

Just noticed in this particular thread, :wink:

Gadget
3rd-July-2003, 12:56 PM
My opinion is that it will come naturally if you are attracted to the person you are dancing with,..!!!
Have to dissagee with that :rolleyes::
While I agree that passion does come easier if you are attracted to the person, it is by no means vital. All you have to do is convey passion, not actually be passionatly attracted to the person you are dancing with.

And you can make passion happen in a dance and you can do certain things that will make it more passionate; {just watch Bill :wink:} However if the lady is not playing the same game, you turn it down before it becomes (too) sleasy.

Lou
3rd-July-2003, 01:04 PM
The thing is, with this "connection" and "passion" malarky, is that when it happens I'm starting to get quite embarrassed & a teensy bit guilty :sorry And I feel myself turning red & going all shy.

Does anyone else feel this way? :sick: Or will I just have to force myself to enjoy it? :wink:

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Does anyone else feel this way? :sick: Or will I just have to force myself to enjoy it? :wink: I think quite a few people feel that way (at least I like to think that's what it is, rather than "this guy's trying to be passionate and looks like a complete dork but I'm too embarrassed to tell him"). I think it can be a lot of fun if you can overcome the embarrassment - you might find it easier to start with someone where you know it's all pretend.

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 01:23 PM
I agree with Graham.

Start with known entities and then when you get used to it dare yourself to try it (particularly the high % eye contact thing) with someone you don't know. (Or if you want to jump in with both feet I think Dave'll initiate you for a fiver's worth of Scooby Snacks) :devil: )

I did a deliberate very high eye contact thing with a fairly new guy (who's picking up very well) in Glasgow about 6 weeks ago (I'll laugh if he's on this forum and I just don't know it) and it was an amazing adreneline (sp??) rush. I'm fairly sure he knew I was up to something, I'm fairly sure he knew I was just playing and I'm fairly sure he enjoyed it, he certainly didn't look away much, and I guess that's how you tell.

Was looking forward to doing it again last night but fell asleep on the couch infront of the tennis and didn't make it!!

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 01:30 PM
I agree with Gadget. Passion is something you can put into any dance with any partner, you dont even need to like the person youre dancing with. You see this often in jive - Bill and laura are probably the most obvious examples of passionate dancing and im pretty sure they dont find everyone they dance with attractive :) - you see this more in a dance like Tango where it wouldnt be Tango if it wasnt passionate. Having passion come naturally because you're attracted to your partner is not the same thing at all, because then i dont think the dance would be the most important thing on your mind and I'd argue that perhaps it should be :).

Sal
3rd-July-2003, 01:44 PM
When I dance with my husband, I imagine it does not look that passionate. Yes we keep eye contact for most of the dance, but we are generally smiling at each other and enjoying being with each other. (We leave the passion for other places:devil: )

When I am playing with musical interpretation with other men, I tend not to smile as much, hence the moody look. It probably looks more passionate, but I am not attracted to them. I also only tend to play about with men who know I am married, and that it is just for fun!

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 01:46 PM
Lou, you've really got me thinking now and I think what I wrote before makes it sound like I would go out to do this like it was on a shopping list, quite the opposite, the reason that Glasgow night sticks in my mind is that I happened to be right beside this chap when a favourite song came on (and he said after he liked it too) and no-one else got in to nab him before I could ask and we had room to move and didn't need to be checking behind us etc, so it was that great coincidence of events all falling into place so easily that left room for the cherry on the top with the extra game.

Eek I'm gadgeting :wink: (rambling) now .... but think I'm trying to get to, don't try and plan it, cos that won't work...but roll with it if the chance is there and you might just enjoy it, but if you don't don't force it???That make sense??

Cx

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 01:51 PM
(Or if you want to jump in with both feet I think Dave'll initiate you for a fiver's worth of Scooby Snacks) :devil: ) Are you kidding?? It'd take more than a fiver's worth of Scooby Snacks to stop him doing it!

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
you dont even need to like the person youre dancing with Have to disagree - I for one can't do this with people I don't like, although I can certainly do it with people to whom I'm not attracted. Or at least I CAN do it but I really feel uncomfortable.

Bill and laura are probably the most obvious examples of passionate dancing and im pretty sure they dont find everyone they dance with attractive
:tears: :tears: :tears: I thought I was special!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Lou
3rd-July-2003, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm... trouble is, I am getting it with "known entities"! *lol* And we know there's nothing it in - but I still feel a bit shy & awkward. Ho hum. I guess I'm just repressed! (And I worry I'm worrying too much & turning into PeterL :wink: )

I think what I'm saying is that I enjoy getting the connection, but I still feel a bit embarrassed at the intimacy. Mind you - the feeling after Chris and I experienced unexpected simultaneous multiple.... errmmm.... spins on Tuesday..... :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 02:01 PM
Have to disagree - I for one can't do this with people I don't like, although I can certainly do it with people to whom I'm not attracted. Or at least I CAN do it but I really feel uncomfortable.

Its all part of the act for some people, but I must admit theres not anyone i really dislike - so i've never really had to test this theory :)

I only thought of one passionate example from each sex, but of course you're special Graham, all people who use cartoon characters for avatars are extremely trustworthy , enigmatic, creative and talented :).

Beowulf
3rd-July-2003, 02:03 PM
I have to admit that I'm a tad shy too :sorry 1st night nerves were not helped when I realised that I'd have to give up my partner for the beginning stages of the class. At times I was being so self conscious I could barely concentrate on the moves I was attempting.

Sat out most of the night watching some of the more experienced dancers and I honestly can't see myself ever getting that slick or laid back.

I couldn't eben inject passion into my dancing when I was dancing with my own partner.. I don't stand a chance with someone I don't know! I'll learn the moves and memorise a few dances but I think that getting as natural as some of the other dancers may not prove so easy!

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lou
The thing is, with this "connection" and "passion" malarky, is that when it happens I'm starting to get quite embarrassed & a teensy bit guilty :sorry And I feel myself turning red & going all shy.

Does anyone else feel this way? :sick: Or will I just have to force myself to enjoy it? :wink:

I force myself to enjoy it and save my embarrassment/apologies until after the music stops. After a while you don't need to force yourself. But those magic moments don't come very often for me - and I think the music is a big part of it. The kind of music that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up is important, the magical connection comes when I can tell the music is affecting my partner in the same way. Two songs that spring to mind are Don't Cry for me Argentina and the theme to Titanic which both have a beaty but still emotional version.

One of my dancing friends, who is single, says that you can tell from the way you dance together if you're going to be good together in a more intimate way (is this too subtle?). But he also says that once you have had your intimate moment you can't quite recapture that same magic on the dance floor. So maybe you need to be strangers/not lovers for that intimate connection to happen on the dance floor. So girls, I would sleep with you but I don't want to spoil how we dance together...:devil:

That, and the fact that nobody has ever offered!:tears:

xSalsa_Angelx
3rd-July-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf1970
I have to admit that I'm a tad shy too :sorry 1st night nerves were not helped when I realised that I'd have to give up my partner for the beginning stages of the class. At times I was being so self conscious I could barely concentrate on the moves I was attempting.

Yeah i hated that bit also the first night, you just see your partner at the other side of the class, and think what a bugger i came here to dance with him/her.

but then you find you actually get much better dancing with a variety of people,

but back to the passion thing i still dont agree you can put passion into a dance with just anyone..!!!

unless anyone wants to prove me wrong tonight? :rofl:

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 02:54 PM
but back to the passion thing i still dont agree you can put passion into a dance with just anyone..!!!

unless anyone wants to prove me wrong tonight? :rofl:

I want to prove you wrong tonight. But unfortunately I will be at my daughters Speech Day in Worthing until 9pm and wouldn't make it to Aberdeen until after the night was over. I expect this was a one off offer, never to be repeated. This is the story of my life, it's always "If only you'd asked me yesterday".:tears:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I want to prove you wrong tonight. But unfortunately I will be at my daughters Speech Day in Worthing until 9pm and wouldn't make it to Aberdeen until after the night was over. I expect this was a one off offer, never to be repeated. This is the story of my life, it's always "If only you'd asked me yesterday".:tears:

:rofl: :rofl:
Well thanks Andy, Anytime you can make it to Aberdeen class on a thursday night i will take you up on that offer then..!!:D

CJ
4th-July-2003, 11:13 AM
1) Pick someone with whom you dance well. (phew, that takes me out the loop.)

2) Sleep with them. (on the clear understanding that you are researching on behalf of your fellow cerocers, and for NO other reason.)

3) Dance with them again next week.

4) Get back to us ASAP with the results.....:D

Graham
4th-July-2003, 11:27 AM
But don't you think this approach would be bound to produce a certain finding?

:tears: "Why didn't you phone?!!" :tears: :reallymad :reallymad

CJ
4th-July-2003, 11:31 AM
Any better?

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2003, 11:33 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
Well thanks Andy, Anytime you can make it to Aberdeen class on a thursday night i will take you up on that offer then..!!:D

yippee!!!

p.s. No one has said 'yes' before, so I'll be venturing into the unknown. I'll ask the Tramp what I'm supposed to do before I book my flight to Aberdeen. Hopefully there'll be a weekend workshop:wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
1) Pick someone with whom you dance well. (phew, that takes me out the loop.)

2) Sleep with them. (on the clear understanding that you are researching on behalf of your fellow cerocers, and for NO other reason.)

3) Dance with them again next week.

4) Get back to us ASAP with the results.....:D

Hmmmm :rofl: that's all very well CJ, but the partner I can dance well with is about 54 and am only 25...Hmmmm think I might pass on that one :rofl:

CJ
4th-July-2003, 11:50 AM
I guess, anyone knows that 25 goes into 54 more often than 54 goes into 25!!

:D :D :D :D

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 11:57 AM
I guess, anyone knows that 25 goes into 54 more often than 54 goes into 25!!

:D :D :D :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: cheeky bugger..!!!

Chicklet
4th-July-2003, 12:00 PM

goodness gracious Bill we've all been giving you the benefit of the doubt at MUCH younger that that!!!!

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 12:02 PM
yippee!!!

p.s. No one has said 'yes' before, so I'll be venturing into the unknown. I'll ask the Tramp what I'm supposed to do before I book my flight to Aberdeen. Hopefully there'll be a weekend workshop:wink:

There is one soon I think but no idea when :mad:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 12:03 PM
goodness gracious Bill we've all been giving you the benefit of the doubt at MUCH younger that that!!!!

Mind you not bad looking for 54, but still I aint doing what CJ says:D

CJ
4th-July-2003, 12:16 PM

I assumed it was John S!!

So is this the same Bill that has the awe-inspiring ability to tame wild neurotic pussies? (his words, not mine) {mainly:wink: }

Graham
4th-July-2003, 12:19 PM
but still I aint doing what CJ says:D This is a very good position to adopt - remember it always!

Incidentally, I think I can hear Bill's indignant spluttering from here! And Chickie better watch out since she's not the youngest person on here either (although she claims to be younger than me :wink: )

CJ
4th-July-2003, 12:23 PM
This is a very good position to adopt - remember it always!

Incidentally, I think I can hear Bill's indignant spluttering from here! And Chickie better watch out since she's not the youngest person on here either (although she claims to be younger than me :wink: )

That hurts, G.

Anyway, last thing I remember Chickie rightfully claiming was her pension from the Post Office.

CJ
4th-July-2003, 12:28 PM
Can I just add my respect for Andy for singlehandedly trying to keep this thread on topic!!

It's a tough job, but keep going!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Graham
4th-July-2003, 12:37 PM
Can I just add my respect for Andy for singlehandedly trying to keep this thread on topic!!
True, but it's just occurred to me that xSAx probably doesn't know how old he is, and with her ageist attitude there might be disappointment all round when he arrives in Aberdeen. :wink:

Chicklet
4th-July-2003, 12:41 PM
That hurts, G.

Anyway, last thing I remember Chickie rightfully claiming was her pension from the Post Office.

Right you pair - exactly how old are you actually suggesting?
I want numbers. I've got 10 years on Graham and no mistake!!!!!

NB that wasn't a Post Office, that was Coutts and it's a trust fund not a bloody pension

CJ
4th-July-2003, 12:46 PM
I've got 10 years on Graham and no mistake!!!!!

I knew you were older, just never guessed the scale.

Golly gosh.

You don't look THAT bad for your age, you know.:innocent:

:hug: awaits BIG slap next Wed...

Graham
4th-July-2003, 12:50 PM
Right you pair - exactly how old are you actually suggesting?
I want numbers. I've got 10 years on Graham and no mistake!!!!!
Well, this could lead to bloodshed (and I know whose) so I better tread carefully........

It's usually safe to start with how old she looks, subtract 10, and round down.........

About 45? :rofl:

And I'm pretty sure you don't have 10 years on me - do you know how old I am?

CJ
4th-July-2003, 12:53 PM
True friendship.

Just when I thought I'd lined myself up for the biggest shoeing of my life (of which there have been many!!), Big G steps in and deflects all the heat to himself.

My hero.:waycool:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 01:01 PM
True, but it's just occurred to me that xSAx probably doesn't know how old he is, and with her ageist attitude there might be disappointment all round when he arrives in Aberdeen. :wink:

I take it this is Bill we are talking about is it??
True I dont know how old he is, he may be good looking for his age?

As I said I got a shock when I found out the guy I usually dance with was 54 cos I thought he was mid forties...!!! He certainally does not look his age.

CJ
4th-July-2003, 01:15 PM

Em........... no.

Graham
4th-July-2003, 03:37 PM
We were talking about Andy McGregor, who was the one you invited to pop up to Aberdeen to test this theory! Or were there so many offers you'd forgotten about him already? :wink: :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-July-2003, 04:02 PM
by the way. Im 82 and have all my own teeth.

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2003, 04:38 PM

There is always disappointment all round when I arrive anywhere - but not because of my age. But, when I go to Aberdeen I will go in my usual Popeye disguise, I won't tell Olive Oyl and I'll take plenty of Spinach to keep my passion up:devil:

However, the thread has moved on and I think I've been superseded by an older model - just look what happens when you have to do some work on a Friday afternoon:tears:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 04:50 PM
We were talking about Andy McGregor, who was the one you invited to pop up to Aberdeen to test this theory! Or were there so many offers you'd forgotten about him already? :wink: :devil:

Ah right :rofl:
yeah he better come quick as I have them queing up behind me every week :rofl:

Must be the Hair.>!!! :D

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 04:53 PM
by the way. Im 82 and have all my own teeth.

82 don't believe that, Sal said you were in your late 20's last night.!!

She said am not that good with ages though, but I don't think youcould confuse a 20 something with an 80 something. or could you? :rofl:

Chicklet
4th-July-2003, 05:00 PM
Sal said you were in your late 20's last night.!!

:rofl:

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2003, 05:14 PM
Ah right :rofl:
yeah he better come quick as I have them queing up behind me every week :rofl:

Must be the Hair.>!!! :D

I always do...

Dreadful Scathe
4th-July-2003, 05:21 PM
:rofl:

what on earth are you laughing at ? :D ;)

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2003, 05:34 PM

It's a tough job, but keep going!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Oops, I lost it momentarily there (again):confused:

We were 'Injecting a little passion' weren't we.

I take my lead from acting. When trying to play a drunk you have to pretend to be sober and when 'injecting a little passion' you need to pretend you're fighting against a massive attack of irresistable passion.

To paraphrase a famous saying, 'were all so addicted to dance, sex is now just a horzontal expression of a vertical desire':wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 07:35 PM
I always do... :rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-July-2003, 07:36 PM
what on earth are you laughing at ? :D ;)

so its not true then?? damn am disappointed :rofl:

Bill
6th-July-2003, 07:00 PM

Thanks Chickie...........:eek: :what: ...I only look that old in certain lighting conditions !

I'm not even sure who xSalsa is so I don't think I'm the one she's referring to ! :na:

And anyway.....is age such a problem ??? Didn't stop us having some great dances yesterday did it !:wink: ( that's my age I'm referring to by the way...... it's clear you're just a young thing of course :D :cheers: )

Chicklet
7th-July-2003, 08:12 AM
Mr Foreman Sir, I didn't really think xSAx was refering to you, it was a cheep (ha) jibe!.

And we had some SUPERB dances on Saturday night, which goes to prove age is completely irrelevant but there's a hell of a lot to be said for EXPERIENCE......:D :innocent:

off to enthuse about the night in another thread!!!

cx

xSalsa_Angelx
7th-July-2003, 08:19 AM
I was reffering to DS bill not you..!!!

And you sort of know me, I go to O donoghues on a thursday, I have the long red hair..!!!

SA

Emma
7th-July-2003, 08:58 AM
by the way. Im 82 and have all my own teeth. I'm not sure carrying them all in your pocket counts, DS :what: :wink:

Bill
7th-July-2003, 03:18 PM
I was reffering to DS bill not you..!!!

And you sort of know me, I go to O donoghues on a thursday, I have the long red hair..!!!

SA

ah well....................that's OK................. I'm taxi-ing on Thursday so I'll look out for the salsa diva with long red hair. :grin:

CJ
8th-July-2003, 01:47 PM
I'll be in Perth!!:D

Bill
8th-July-2003, 04:50 PM
I'll be in Perth!!:D

Well I hope there's somebody there to greet you this week !!!!!!!:rolleyes: Just a tad quiet last week.......and good luck to whoever is teaching and demo-ing !

I though the wee 'stage' in the old Dundee venue was small but I've never demoed on a step before :sick: :rolleyes:

Twinkle Toes
9th-July-2003, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill
and good luck to whoever is teaching and demo-ing !
I though the wee 'stage' in the old Dundee venue was small but I've never demoed on a step before :sick: :rolleyes:

You're not kidding. Franck had me demo-ing on that step, first week it opened (with no practice, I might add). Talk about turning on a sixpence !!! :eek:

TT x

Bill
9th-July-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
[B]
You're not kidding. Franck had me demo-ing on that step, first week it opened (with no practice, I might add). Talk about turning on a sixpence !!! :eek:

TT x

maybe that's the ideal place to teach those dancers who have problems with space !!!!!!!! If you can dance on the step you can pretty much anywhere :D

If that was the first night it'll have been the week Franck was there on time then was it :wink: :rolleyes: :na:

Twinkle Toes
9th-July-2003, 05:28 PM
maybe that's the ideal place to teach those dancers who have problems with space !!!!!!!! If you can dance on the step you can pretty much anywhere :D

If that was the first night it'll have been the week Franck was there on time then was it :wink: :rolleyes: :na:

Well, I only turned up for the intermediate class, so can't say if he did or not. What I do remember though, is that the tramp was doing the DJing.

..... and if you wanted to teach spins on that step, you'd better invest in a mattress, for when they all fall off. :eek:

..... to break their fall of course. :rolleyes:

TT x.

Lou
10th-July-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
What I do remember though, is that the tramp was doing the DJing. Did he play Murder On The Dance Floor there too? :wink: