PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Upgrade (Version 3.6) - Many new features!

Franck
16th-August-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi guys,

As you noticed, the forum was closed overnight whilst I upgraded the software. I apologize for any inconvenience (last night and in the next few weeks as I fix oversights) but I hope you will find the new features (listed below) very useful :D

New features for the forum (Some of the description might appear technical, but are pretty straightforward, in particular, any mention of AJAX simply means that the new feature will not need to load a new page to perform its magic).

Flash Chat
A fully interactive Chat area using your Forum names, so no extra log in required, allowing you to join rooms with other forumites and talk freely... This Feature is only available to Silver Members!

Send Attachments in Private Messages
As per the title, finally you'll be able to send photos, music and files to your forum friends using the Private Messaging System. This Feature is only available to Silver Members!

Filter facility to remove areas from the "New Posts" Search
Perfect if you don't want to read all the "Fun & Games" or "Chit Chat". Allows you to save time and focus on the threads you're really interested in! This Feature is only available to Silver Members!

Multi-Quote
The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

Mark Forums Read with AJAX
If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.

Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
If a user attaches an image that has dimensions larger than the administrator allows, the image will automatically resized to fit. This is similar to the auto-resizing of avatars that vBulletin 3.5 performed.

‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit
You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.

Unique Unsubscribe Link in Emails
Thread and forum subscription emails now include a link for unsubscribing that is unique to each user. When using this link, unsubscribing from a thread or forum no longer requires logging in.

Infraction System
The infraction system allows moderators to flexibly reprimand problem users. Each infraction has a controllable weight (points) and an option to allow it to be applied only as a warning, which alerts the user to their violation but doesn’t give them any points.
The points are used to remove permissions from users that reach specific thresholds. For example, “Registered Users” who have more than 15 points will have their posts moderated prior to posting, and any user with more than 30 points will be banned for a defined period of time. In addition to receiving a PM about an infraction/warning, you are alerted to new infractions in your User control panel.

Rate Threads with AJAX
Rating a thread can be done without a page reload now. Rate a thread like you normally would, but when you submit the rating, you’ll get a notification that your rating was accepted (or if it wasn’t) and the new thread rating will instantly appear.

Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup
You can now choose to show search results as threads or posts without having to click through to the advanced search page.

Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only
You may now select to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages. Administrators and moderators are automatically able to bypass this restriction.

Give Reputation Using AJAX
Reputation can now be added to a post without leaving the page. When you click the reputation icon on a post, a box will appear and allow you to choose whether you approve or disapprove of the post and provide a reason.

Full BCC Support in Private Messages
A number of you have discovered this by now. Like in an email, BCC (blind carbon-copy) allows you to hide the full list of recipients from each recipient. In previous versions of vBulletin, the “to” field acted like a BCC field. Now, the “to” field acts like the field in an email; each recipient will see all the names in the “to” field.

I hope all the above makes sense and works as planned, please make sure to post bugs and inconsistencies between styles in this thread as well as help and advice on new features you discover... :waycool:

Tazmanian Devil
16th-August-2006, 04:19 PM
:yeah:
Have noticed several 'new improved' features that should make the forum more user-friendly! :clap:
Well done (and thanks) Franck and crew :worthy:

Love the new multi quote gadget..............

Calls Dee who never did get the hang of multi quoting :clap: :hug:

CheersFrank and crew :worthy: :worthy:

ducasi
16th-August-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the update. :)

I've noticed one other new feature... :cool:

Lynn
16th-August-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the new features :D:yeah:
The button in the quote linking the quote to the post its from is great!

LMC
16th-August-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm just wondering how long it will be before anyone has to be slapped for quoting several long posts in one message then adding one smiley at the bottom. Can't imagine who would do that though :innocent: (probably the next poster, just to be "witty" :rolleyes: )

El Salsero Gringo
16th-August-2006, 06:58 PM
Infraction System
The infraction system allows moderators to flexibly reprimand problem users. Each infraction has a controllable weight (points) and an option to allow it to be applied only as a warning, which alerts the user to their violation but doesn’t give them any points. Looking forward to collecting lots of these ... :D

Lory
16th-August-2006, 07:07 PM
Looking forward to collecting lots of these ... :D

Looking forward to dishing them out :devil:

quiet_flame
17th-August-2006, 02:45 AM
I like the updates.
Very nice.:respect:

Piglet
19th-August-2006, 10:36 PM
Full BCC Support in Private Messages

Was fair impressed with the above.

Until I realised it didn't say

Full BBC Support in Private Massages.

When we getting the Private Massages then Franck?
Otherwise, just loving your forum :hug:

Beowulf
19th-August-2006, 11:37 PM
When we getting the Private Massages then Franck?

You have my mobile number don't you?? :wink: :blush:

Beowulf
19th-August-2006, 11:48 PM
BTW.. anyway to manage / delete etc stored attachments?

Beowulf
24th-August-2006, 08:24 AM
no-one?

There's some images I uploaded Pre photo gallery that I'd like to take off.. but forever immortalised in HTML are they :) If edit thread didn't time out I could edit the attachments from there.

No switch , plug in feature etc that can allow people to edit attachments? no? if not can some kind moderator erase any attachments I have ..well.. attached.

thanks

Franck
24th-August-2006, 09:29 AM
no-one?

There's some images I uploaded Pre photo gallery that I'd like to take off.. but forever immortalised in HTML are they :) If edit thread didn't time out I could edit the attachments from there.

No switch , plug in feature etc that can allow people to edit attachments? no? if not can some kind moderator erase any attachments I have ..well.. attached.Hi Beowulf,

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy switch to allow you to manage attachments. If you PM me which attachments you would like removed I can do it for you though.

Cheers,

Gadget
20th-September-2006, 12:56 AM
Erm... When did we get the "Age" feild in our info bar?
Not sure that it's a good idea - Ceroc is touted as being non age-ist, and this seems to make age an important factor in forming an opinion of a fellow forumite. :sick:

Oh, and the "Quick News" - does it have to be at the top of every page? Not a bad idea for the main page, but I've only looked at a dozen threads and it's bugging me already :(

TheTramp
20th-September-2006, 01:22 AM
Oh, and the "Quick News" - does it have to be at the top of every page? Not a bad idea for the main page, but I've only looked at a dozen threads and it's bugging me already :(

Ghost
20th-September-2006, 01:23 AM
Erm... When did we get the "Age" feild in our info bar?

You can leave the year blank in "Edit profile" to stop your age being displayed.

Course then people will just guess (http://72.232.216.214/forum/showpost.php?p=225974&postcount=23) about your age.....
(Still not 34 yet :whistle: )

Be Well,
Christopher

Msfab
20th-September-2006, 09:31 AM

:yeah: Me too!

Sparkles
20th-September-2006, 10:29 AM
Things seem to keep changing from moment to moment. The Quick news thing is annoying, and now, for some reason, who is currently online has stopped being displayed at the top of the front page. Very confusing :confused:.
What's the deal, Franck? :flower:

TheTramp
20th-September-2006, 12:23 PM

C'mon. Let a guy play with his toys!! :yum:

Beowulf
20th-September-2006, 12:27 PM
Things seem to keep changing from moment to moment. The Quick news thing is annoying, and now, for some reason, who is currently online has stopped being displayed at the top of the front page. Very confusing :confused:

yeah, I concur. The Who's currently online feature was very useful .. I'd pop in see who was lurking around and if My friend were about I'd linger. If the forum was "empty" then I'd not. Just like if I was walking into a real room or something if my friends were about I'd hang about too.

Now it's like coming into a room where all your friends Might be but while blind folded.. and they only time you know your friends are there is when they speak out.

Do have to say the front page is getting a lot more cluttered but removing the who's online feature isn't the best way to fix this !!

"Hey.. this car's a bit crowded.. I know lets throw out the seats... :wink:"

bigdjiver
20th-September-2006, 12:33 PM
I tried to rep Straycat on the thread: The good the bad and the irritating - dance teachers exposed. but was not allowed to. I assume this is a feature not a fault, it being on the "Take it outside" section.
However the message "needs work"

and I have to edit this post because what I see on the pop up works here as intended, and you don't see the javascript like I did :-<

Lynn
20th-September-2006, 01:41 PM
I'd pop in see who was lurking around and if My friend were about I'd linger. Aww, you only have one friend Beo? :hug: (I'll be your friend too :flower: )

Also getting annoyed with the latest news at the top of every page. Can we have it just at the front page?

Tazmanian Devil
20th-September-2006, 01:48 PM
Things seem to keep changing from moment to moment. The Quick news thing is annoying, and now, for some reason, who is currently online has stopped being displayed at the top of the front page. Very confusing :confused:.

Loving some of the new gadgets but some are simply a pain :blush: I agree that the latest news is is annoying maybe if it was just on the front page or if there was a link this would be better. Also not being able to see who's online, I liked being able to see who was about for no particular reason except to know who was on at the same time as me. :flower:

Ghost
20th-September-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd pop in see who was lurking around and if My friend were about I'd linger.
If you've only got one friend (or you want to know if someone's still online and likely to reply to your pm soon), you can still go Members List, View Profile and it shows the little green circle if they're around. But yeah, the who's online list was a lot easier.

"Hey.. this car's a bit crowded.. I know lets throw out the seats... :wink:"
Um well there's certain things you can do more easily in a car if you can take the seats out :whistle:

Be Well,
Christopher

Tazmanian Devil
20th-September-2006, 05:59 PM
If you've only got one friend (or you want to know if someone's still online and likely to reply to your pm soon), you can still go Members List, View Profile and it shows the little green
Yes but even still that is a pain, especially if you want to know exactly who's online :rolleyes:

Um well there's certain things you can do more easily in a car if you can take the seats out :whistle:

:eek: Christopher I am shocked at you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
20th-September-2006, 06:31 PM
Ah ha just remembered a way of seeing who's online :D :clap: :clap: You have to be a paid member though. So for those of you that don't know how to do it go to quick links on the top bar and click on who's online :clap: :clap:

Juju
20th-September-2006, 06:43 PM
I'd rather see who's online too. Which is silly really cos I don't know anyone. People are strange.

Yliander
20th-September-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh, and the "Quick News" - does it have to be at the top of every page? Not a bad idea for the main page, but I've only looked at a dozen threads and it's bugging me already :(:yeah:

What's the deal, Franck? :flower::yeah:

Beowulf
20th-September-2006, 11:15 PM
Aww, you only have one friend Beo? :hug: (I'll be your friend too :flower: )

Well.. I say friend I mean a chum.. Well I say chum I mean someone I'm acquainted with .. Well.. When I say acquainted I really mean someone I know, Well by know i mean seen.. by them walking past .. from a different room .. across a hall.. ..through a window.. from outside the building.

but lets not be picky eh? :wink:

hehe.. I missed the S off the end

People are strange

Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down
?? :wink:

Gadget
20th-September-2006, 11:47 PM
Who are you? {:D :wink:}

Ghost
21st-September-2006, 12:44 AM
Who are you? {:D :wink:}
Oprah moment - Gadget meet your long lost brother :hug:

Beowulf
21st-September-2006, 08:53 AM
it shows the little green circle if they're around. But yeah, the who's online list was a lot easier.

And at the bottom left corner of every post too. But as you say, I'd pop in to see if my friendS were online and hang around if they were or head off again if they were not.

A lot of changes for the good in the new forum but at the moment I'd say the negatives outweigh the positives .. IMHO only of course.

Lou
21st-September-2006, 09:27 AM
I miss being able to see how many people are looking at a particular section from the main page. It was handy, 'cos if you could see lots of people were looking at an area, there was probably an interesting thread in there.... ;)

Franck
21st-September-2006, 09:42 AM
I miss being able to see how many people are looking at a particular section from the main page. It was handy, 'cos if you could see lots of people were looking at an area, there was probably an interesting thread in there.... ;)The facillity to view who's online and what they're up to is still available via the Who's Online Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php). This page will let you see everyone online (excluding Silver members who have chosen to be invisible) and what they're up to on the forum. This page is only visible to Silver member and is one of the most popular benefits.
I would recommend to everyone who paid their Silver subscription to bookmark the Who's online Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php) and use that as their entry point into the forum. The other advantage of that page is that it auto-refreshes which means it will keep you logged on, particularly useful if you are a slow typist and worry your session might expire before sending and risk losing your long post / PM etc...

Re. other changes, I'm still dealing with the change of server and having a few technical issues, so not spending enough time on sorting everything. I'm reading all those threads and listening to your feedback - I have removed the age from the posts for example, but the 'Quick News' is here to stay, I will try to keep small and unobtrusive (i.e. no flashing etc...).

Tazmanian Devil
21st-September-2006, 11:01 AM
{snip} Interesting stuff

Thank you Franck :hug:

Lynn
21st-September-2006, 11:02 AM
The facillity to view who's online and what they're up to is still available via the Who's Online Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php). This page will let you see everyone online (excluding Silver members who have chosen to be invisible) and what they're up to on the forum. This page is only visible to Silver member and is one of the most popular benefits.

I would recommend to everyone who paid their Silver subscription to bookmark the Who's online Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php) and use that as their entry point into the forum. The other advantage of that page is that it auto-refreshes which means it will keep you logged on, particularly useful if you are a slow typist and worry your session might expire before sending and risk losing your long post / PM etc... Didn't realise this was only available to Silver Members - so now those who haven't paid can't see who else is online. Fair enough, if that is to be one of the 'paid benefits'.

But it does mean that from a thread I need to either click twice (Quick Links - Who's Online) or go to my bookmarked pages, then click and scroll through what can be 3 pages of names - to get what I used to be able to see at one click.

Tiggerbabe
21st-September-2006, 11:02 AM
no flashing
There was flashing? :eek: Damn, must have been quick :whistle: I missed it :tears:

Tazmanian Devil
21st-September-2006, 11:06 AM
There was flashing? :eek: Damn, must have been quick :whistle: I missed it :tears:

LMAO Me too :tears:

Franck
21st-September-2006, 11:09 AM
go to my bookmarked pages, then click and scroll through what can be 3 pages of names - to get what I used to be able to see at one click.You can specify how many members you see per page at the bottom of the 'Who's online' page (I believe the default is 15); I have mine set to 100 and have the page always open in the background.

Lynn
21st-September-2006, 11:24 AM
You can specify how many members you see per page at the bottom of the 'Who's online' page (I believe the default is 15); I have mine set to 100 and have the page always open in the background.Thanks! :hug: I'll do that.

TheTramp
21st-September-2006, 02:09 PM
You can specify how many members you see per page at the bottom of the 'Who's online' page (I believe the default is 15); I have mine set to 100 and have the page always open in the background.

It's a bit of a pain, especially if you already have more windows open than will fit into your toolbar. But there you go (and no comments about Macs please, if they do it differently)!

Any chance that you're going to sort out the 'Mark forum read' button then? :worthy:

Franck
21st-September-2006, 02:22 PM
It's a bit of a pain, especially if you already have more windows open than will fit into your toolbar. But there you go (and no comments about Macs please, if they do it differently)!

Any chance that you're going to sort out the 'Mark forum read' button then? :worthy:Well, ignoring 'macs would just work' comments, why not get a proper browser (Firefox?) and use tabs. I just use one window with multiple tabs. The Who's online tab is first and I open new tabs as I need them (New posts, then one for each new thread + a few others)...
As ever, with macs, it just works :whistle:

For the 'who's online' page, if you wish to save your preferences, make sure you edit the bookmark with the URL including the changes for example mine looks something like that! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php?order=asc&sort=username&pp=100&page=1)

I have looked into the 'Mark forum read' problem and can't (yet) find the issue. It should also work if you double click on the icon on the Forum Home page, but somehow it's broken.
I will investigate further when I get the chance.

David Franklin
21st-September-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow! I just went to the main forum page, and the entire page was filled with unwanted chaff - adverts, the news that the Tramp is still the most prolific poster, etc. I actually have to scroll down to get to anything to do with the various forums. And this is on a 1920x1200 screen, too! OK, I'm running Firefox with tabs and the Google toobar, but still! I can't imagine what it looks like at 800 x 600...

Sorry Franck, but the new layout desperately needs a rethink.

David Bailey
21st-September-2006, 05:30 PM
Wow! I just went to the main forum page, and the entire page was filled with unwanted chaff - adverts, the news that the Tramp is still the most prolific poster, etc. I actually have to scroll down to get to anything to do with the various forums. And this is on a 1920x1200 screen, too! OK, I'm running Firefox with tabs and the Google toobar, but still! I can't imagine what it looks like at 800 x 600...

Sorry Franck, but the new layout desperately needs a rethink.
Yeah, it's looking a bit too busy now. Two full screens before you get to any content-related links - basically, it means most people won't use the front page. Which is fine if you want to promote the "new pages" function to the exclusion of all else of course. :)

Shrink the Blaze and Escape stuff, move the Quick News advert up to that banner level, and zap the stats - that should help as a quick fix.

ducasi
21st-September-2006, 09:39 PM
People still use the front page? :confused:

Minnie M
22nd-September-2006, 12:40 AM
The posts are updated automatically - but the threads totals don't appear to be :confused: (I tested it today and the total hadn't changed)

Lynn
22nd-September-2006, 12:53 AM
You can specify how many members you see per page at the bottom of the 'Who's online' page (I believe the default is 15); I have mine set to 100 and have the page always open in the background.It keeps jumping back to the default of 15 every time I revisit the page. Is there way of resetting this so that it doesn't change until set again?

TheTramp
22nd-September-2006, 05:58 AM
It keeps jumping back to the default of 15 every time I revisit the page. Is there way of resetting this so that it doesn't change until set again?

Uh huh. Click on the link below:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php?order=asc&sort=username&pp=100&page=1

Then bookmark that page, rather than the one you are trying to use....

Beowulf
22nd-September-2006, 08:47 AM
Uh huh. Click on the link below:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php?order=asc&sort=username&pp=100&page=1

Then bookmark that page, rather than the one you are trying to use....

:yeah: :worthy:

and if ,Like me, you're not interested in seeing guests or Web spiders you can use this Url

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php?order=asc&sort=username&who=members&pp=100&page=1

Stuart M
22nd-September-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it's looking a bit too busy now. Two full screens before you get to any content-related links - basically, it means most people won't use the front page. Which is fine if you want to promote the "new pages" function to the exclusion of all else of course. :)

Shrink the Blaze and Escape stuff, move the Quick News advert up to that banner level, and zap the stats - that should help as a quick fix.
It is getting rather cluttered. Speaking though as someone who typically accesses the Forum via a small window at work, I've long been used to lots of vertical scrolling anyway. Which kind of brings me to my current major gripe: the order of items in the Menu Bar? In terms of my usage at least, at the moment it's not very well set out. Because I'm not full-screen, I'm forever having to scroll to the RHS of the screen to use the bits I want. Maybe in other browsers this menu bar wraps (it doesn't in Safari) but at work, alternatives to IE are not an option!

My usage breaks down as:
Frequent - New Posts, Search
Occasional - Recent Posts, Photo Gallery, Quick Links
Rare - User CP, Members List
Never - FAQ, Calendar, Classifieds, Forum Stats, Log Out

Strikes me that maybe Forum Stats and Member's List could be shifted into Quick Links? Or at least to the RHS - doubt many folk use them (at least in comparison to the Searches).My preferred order would be FAQ, Search, New Posts, Classifieds, Photo Gallery, User CP, Quick Links (shifting the stuff I haven't mentioned here), Log Out.

How many people, even at home, use the Forum in a maximised window?

bigdjiver
22nd-September-2006, 10:54 AM
...How many people, even at home, use the Forum in a maximised window?I do, but the points about screen layout are well made, and for the first time I have realised that I have not thought "small window" enough in my designs.

I come in via "New posts", and even in full screen all I get to see is one new post. In full screen mode on this editing window screen I do not see anything I want to see without scrolling down.

I think we are getting near feature bloat, and it is time to think layout and accessibility for different types of user. We do have the makings of a software masterpiece here.

Minnie M
27th-September-2006, 07:42 PM
The posts are updated automatically - but the threads totals don't appear to be :confused: (I tested it today and the total hadn't changed)

The stats for the "threads" totals are definitely not updating.

My 229 total has been static since first displayed and I have created 3 new threads since :confused:

Lynn
1st-October-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah, I concur. The Who's currently online feature was very useful .. I'd pop in see who was lurking around and if My friend were about I'd linger. If the forum was "empty" then I'd not. Just like if I was walking into a real room or something if my friends were about I'd hang about too.Its back. :D

Lou
1st-October-2006, 06:05 PM
Its back. :D

:yeah: :clap: Thanks Franck. :hug:

SilverFox
2nd-October-2006, 04:15 PM
Is it just me, but 'Recent Posts' doesn't appear to be including 'Take it Upstairs' anymore.

Which means posts on the 'Truth or Dare' thread won't be seen by those of us who use 'Recent Posts'.

Is this intentional?

Franck
2nd-October-2006, 04:20 PM
Is it just me, but 'Recent Posts' doesn't appear to be including 'Take it Upstairs' anymore.

Which means posts on the 'Truth or Dare' thread won't be seen by those of us who use 'Recent Posts'.

Is this intentional?Upstairs is disabled by default from recent / new searches, but you can select areas to ignore (and re-activate it) in your User Control Panel (available to Silver Members only).
I decided that Outside and Upstairs should not be included automatically for new members so as to present a less objectionable image, though the posts are still there for everyone (registered) to see when browsing or searching forums.

Now that I have created the Private Lounge, I'm happy to move the Truth or Dare thread there instead of upstairs if you all believe it would be more suitable?

David Bailey
2nd-October-2006, 04:26 PM
Now that I have created the Private Lounge, I'm happy to move the Truth or Dare thread there instead of upstairs if you all believe it would be more suitable?
I always thought of it as more of a "fun & games" thing myself.

I assumed the Private Lounge would be more for "dating" stuff, but that was probably just wishful thinking...

Franck
2nd-October-2006, 04:35 PM
I always thought of it as more of a "fun & games" thing myself.

I assumed the Private Lounge would be more for "dating" stuff, but that was probably just wishful thinking...Truth or Dare spans across all areas really, Fun & Games, Upstairs, Chit Chat, Private Lounge...

The Private Lounge is an area of Chit Chat where you can have an extra layer of privacy, i.e. it won't be picked up by search engines and is not available to casual visitors / guests. It is not really private as registration is open to anyone, but is less exposed to the big, bad internet!
My plan is to move any thread where personal stuff is discussed to that area, everyone is welcome to report any thread they notice (click on the red triangle sign underneat the poster's name) to bring threads that could benefit from moving to a moderator's attention.

Threads on dating are a good example, but so are some of the discussions we've had on depression, suicide, personal experiences, etc...

SilverFox
2nd-October-2006, 04:40 PM
Upstairs is disabled by default from recent / new searches, but you can select areas to ignore (and re-activate it) in your User Control Panel (available to Silver Members only).
I decided that Outside and Upstairs should not be included automatically for new members so as to present a less objectionable image, though the posts are still there for everyone (registered) to see when browsing or searching forums. Thanks. :cheers:

Now that I have created the Private Lounge, I'm happy to move the Truth or Dare thread there instead of upstairs if you all believe it would be more suitable?Sounds reasonable to me.

David Bailey
2nd-October-2006, 04:46 PM
Threads on dating are a good example, but so are some of the discussions we've had on depression, suicide, personal experiences, etc...
Sounds like a good plan :clap:

Maybe your next improvement should be an online dating area :)

Beowulf
3rd-October-2006, 02:30 PM

:sick: My!! don't we sound like a cheery bunch..

Actually like the way the site is going.. dance et all open to all to see and bring people in via searches but the more personal stuff non searchable. :clap: seems good to me.

Minnie M
28th-November-2006, 03:03 PM
Just recently I have noticed the size of the screen has got bigger - that is, the scroll bar is in use even when I maximise the screen :confused:

David Bailey
28th-November-2006, 03:12 PM
Just recently I have noticed the size of the screen has got bigger - that is, the scroll bar is in use even when I maximise the screen :confused:
I think that's because of the new items now on on the top menu bar, rather than any new functions.

Minnie M
16th-December-2006, 08:09 PM
my smilies have been cut :sad: the right hand side is missing and there isn't anyway I can get to them boo boo and no scroll bar boo hoo - can't even see the crying smilie boo boo