PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a modem?

Ste
16th-August-2006, 04:00 PM
I am a bit ashamed about this because I should know the answer but hey!

Basically I have a second hand computer. It has a terminal where I can plug in a phone line. My brother says that it therefore has a modem in it.

I have an external modem which i bought years ago but I lost the driver!!!!!!

I now cannot connect to the internet using that computer although it seems that there is a modem in it. Can I download one from the internet?

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2006, 11:10 AM
If its not a "badged" computer e.g. a DELL then you need to physically identify the brand of modem inside and go to the support site for that manufacturer.

If it is badged look it up by name on that companies site.

El Salsero Gringo
17th-August-2006, 11:38 AM
Are you truly desirous of connecting via a modem rather than some kind of broadband? It's not an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Ste
17th-August-2006, 03:41 PM
Are you truly desirous of connecting via a modem rather than some kind of broadband? It's not an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I don't have broadband.

I need a modem for the time being for my second computer because this one is rubbish.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2006, 03:52 PM
you're bound to have a neighbour with an open wireless connection :)

El Salsero Gringo
18th-August-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't have broadband.

I need a modem for the time being for my second computer because this one is rubbish.Shocking, isn't it, how whenever you ask for help on the forum some wise-ass always jumps in to tell you why you shouldn't want to do whatever it is you're wanting to do...

Ste
18th-August-2006, 10:46 AM
Assinine it is