PDA

View Full Version : September: A great month for dancing in Scotland

ducasi
15th-August-2006, 01:04 PM
Is September the best month yet this year for dancing in Scotland?

Weekend of 2nd/3rd: Glasgow party in two rooms on Saturday night, then Graham Fox has a WCS workshop and dance on Sunday afternoon. There's also a couple of independent dances on Friday, 1st.

Weekend of 8th/9th/10th: Scottish Ceroc Competition... Pre-comp dance on the Friday night, competition all day Saturday with two rooms for the freestyle at night. Then on Sunday I understand there's a workshop and tea dance with Franck and Sheena.

Weekend of 15th/16th/17th: If you like a roomy venue, this weekend's a good time, as everyone else will be in Southport!

Weekend of 22nd/23rd/24th: On Friday, Route 66, then on Saturday and Sunday there's a special Stirling event, with workshops during the day, extended two-room freestyle on Saturday night and evening tea-dance on Sunday.

Weekend of 30th: Edinburgh party, and at last a Sunday off! Whew!

Anyone know of anything else happening in Scotland during September?

2leftfeet
15th-August-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeh I'm going south!!

Piglet
16th-August-2006, 12:00 AM
Yep a double busk - outside and inside Aberdeen (if that makes sense)
That's Sept 2nd :D

And hopefully a second Aberdeen Tea Dance one Sunday... maybe depends how the first one goes. Hopefully that'll be the Southport weekend so I can commiserate with myself somewhere

Heather
16th-August-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm singing at my boss's wedding on 16th September!!!:whistle:
I also think that Cat +Lee are doing a West Coast Swing workshop somewhere in Edinburgh on the 24th of September -I hope to get along to that! I fancy going through to the Stirling party on the 23rd . Anyone else from Dundee going?

:hug:

Heather

Dave Hancock
17th-August-2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone know of anything else happening in Scotland during September?

Quite a few other WCS things as well as everything rival MJ organisations have on, + all the other dance forms you missed.

Dave Hancock
17th-August-2006, 08:39 AM
I guess there is also the Dundee party the weekend of Southport which I'm sure shall be quite busy.

Also I think Emma is doing a busk in Aberdeen at the start of the month and am sure she'd like any extra help going.

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2006, 09:41 AM
I guess there is also the Dundee party the weekend of Southport which I'm sure shall be quite busy.

Sorry, Dave. There is no Dundee party in the Bonar Hall in September. The next one, after this Saturday, 19th August, will be on Saturday 7th October with Dance Demon at the decks. First Saturday of every month after that :D

ducasi
17th-August-2006, 10:13 AM
Quite a few other WCS things as well as everything rival MJ organisations have on, + all the other dance forms you missed. Yeah, well I'm only really interested in MJ and WCS at the moment, so I haven't included any other dance forms. I'd be interested in hearing about other WCS and MJ events in Scotland though.

I've found out that there's a Leroc party in Glasgow on the same night as the Ceroc party. No contest though which to go to. They also have "Funky Friday" dances on the 1st in Stirling and the 15th in Glasgow. Never made it to one of these, and won't be able to in September either.

Any others? :)

Dave T
18th-August-2006, 04:06 PM
We might even see Aberdeen's monthly parties make a return (hint hint)

Dave

Piglet
19th-August-2006, 09:52 PM
:yeah: Do you know something I don't?

All these rumours..... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed though :waycool:

Gadget
20th-August-2006, 11:15 PM
Weekend of 22nd/23rd/24th: On Friday, Route 66, then on Saturday and Sunday there's a special Stirling event, with workshops during the day, extended two-room freestyle on Saturday night and evening tea-dance on Sunday.
What is the Stirling thing? I have it on the calendar, but I may have to be in Inverness that weekend (... anything on that weekend in invernesh?)

Night Owl
20th-August-2006, 11:40 PM
What is the Stirling thing? I have it on the calendar, but I may have to be in Inverness that weekend (... anything on that weekend in invernesh?)

23/24/25

nothing in Inverness that week other than usual Thursday night session that I know of ,next unnofficial freestyle is Friday Sept !st

Piglet
21st-August-2006, 10:37 AM
The Stirling thing is a weekend of workshops with a party Saturday night and (I'm hoping but haven't double checked) a Sunday Tea Dance.

Not sure who's doing the workshops yet, but if it's Franck they'll be fab!

killingtime
21st-August-2006, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a good month. I'm just hoping that everything is fine with my ankle and I can actually dance for more than 2 hours a week.

I'm one of the Southport people but I'm looking forward to events around Scotland as well :D.