PDA

View Full Version : Ugly women/men don’t get dances

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 12:03 PM
Let’s face facts if you’re ugly women and you don’t ask men to dance and there is a gender imbalance in favour of men you might sit there all night on a chair tapping your feet. Or stand at a weekender, tapping your feet. Works for men as well

Gentlemen/women do you go out of your way to ask such ladies for a dance?? or do you keep a 14ft distance and avoid all eye contact when you walk past quickly just in case you get caught

It’s odd all the beautiful women wearing tight fitting clothing don’t seem to be sitting out much regardless of dancing ability?

Discuss

Rep for first person who says I always choose a women or man based PURELY on their dancing ability and not how they look, smell stoop or dribble as that would be SHALLOW.

littlewiggle
14th-August-2006, 12:07 PM
Well I can honestly say that if I see someone who seems to be a bit of a loner and on their ownsome in a corner, I go out of my way to ask them to dance. I would hate to be in that situation so I always make an effort in that department! :nice:

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 12:09 PM
Wanted to shoot you down in flames, but...

It is lovely to dance with good looking guys cos it is a bit of an ego boost that they've agreed to dance with me :D

However, looks aside, I still prefer to dance with the dancers I click with or who are gentle but assertive in their lead - nothing to do with how they look generally.

I've got to say that those rough leads become ugly people in my eyes and it has nothing whatsoever to do with their looks, and I HATE dancing with them but still agree to if I can't escape before they descend on me! :(

Sometimes I avoid asking the good looking ones to dance cos I think they wouldn't want to dance with me - but that's a state of mind I have to fight with perhaps. (And I'm not fishing for compliments - honestly - I know I have good days when I'm the most stunning thing on the planet, but more than often I'm having a plain Jane day.)

Serendipity
14th-August-2006, 12:13 PM
I dance with almost any chap who asks me to. Doesn't matter if they are tall, short, plain, seriously gorgeous or resemble a cat's bottom.

Some of the most terrific dances I have had would never have happened if I had been working on an attractiveness scale.

However, I decline gracefully if they:

a) smell appalling
b) have previously dislocated my arm
c) look as if they may be about to expire
d) have groped me on more than one occasion

:whistle:

Caro
14th-August-2006, 12:16 PM
"I always choose a women or man based PURELY on their dancing ability and not how they look, smell stoop or dribble as that would be SHALLOW" :grin:

no, seriously, ugly don't come in when I choose a man for a dance (if I am lucky enough to have choice of course), first is 'am I likely to have a good time dancing with this guy?' so choice might vary depending on the tune played at the time.
Look (clothing) doesn't come in either, I really don;t care
Smell: well if I know the guy stinks, yes I will try to avoid him

More generally the only people I avoid are those with whom 3 minutes seems like an eternity, which happens with people yanking your arm all the time, people who can't dance on the beat (unless they are beginners I which case I'm happy to have a dance with them), and people who have no consideration whatsoever for their partner (push/bump me into other couples, drop me without asking, don't look at me or smile at all).

so, yes, sorry, but dancing ability is definately the first criteria that comes in for me!

robd
14th-August-2006, 12:17 PM
Assuming the thread was inspired by your mention of the lady at Funky Lush yesterday (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=265070&postcount=104) I have to say I did try to work the room there but still missed out on a handful of ladies. It was an environment where, if you didn't ask, you didn't dance but so are many of the events I go to. I was thrilled to be asked to dance by ladies who are fantastic (and sexy :yum: ) dancers and if they are asking and a.n.other is not then who is going to end up dancing? I asked Nina to dance as I have never had the privilege before and I was quite nervous approaching her but I knew if I didn't do it that she would be so much in demand that I mightn't get a chance later. About 0.02 seconds into the dance I had the same feeling of being out of my depth that I had when jumping into the 2m end of the swimming pool at 6 years old but that's a different thread.

But to actually address your point, I can also think of one or two very attractive young girls (also excellent dancers) who I see sitting out frequently. Whether men feel intimidated or think they may look like a sleaze dancing with them I don't know.

Robert

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 12:22 PM
I was thrilled to be asked to dance by ladies who are fantastic (and sexy :yum: ) dancers and if they are asking and a.n.other is not then who is going to end up dancing?

That just proves that what you're saying is ridiculous S38, RobD doesn't seem to have a problem getting a dance :whistle:

robd
14th-August-2006, 12:26 PM
That just proves that what you're saying is ridiculous S38, RobD doesn't seem to have a problem getting a dance :whistle:

Flattery gets you everywhere Diddybird.

Don't choke on your Tex-Mex :eek:

:rolleyes:

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 12:29 PM
Flattery gets you everywhere Diddybird.

Good things come in small packages and NO for the last time I am not doing cartwheels whilst wearing my cheerleader outfit :rofl:

Don't choke on your Tex-Mex :eek:

It's still there with Johnny No-Stars :w@nk3r: :eek:

philsmove
14th-August-2006, 12:29 PM
Ugly women ???????

Come to Bristol were all the women are drop dead gorgeous
:cheers:

LemonCake
14th-August-2006, 12:32 PM
I agree with Piglet. Dancing with the goodlooking ones is nice but no matter how good looking a bad lead ruins it.

Every few tracks I actually choose to spend time sitting out and watching other dancers so I get an idea who I might like to ask to dance. It's an assessment from the shoulders down really!

I'll dance with anyone at first time of asking (unless the music is not to my taste - I'm well known for being fussy but if I decline on music grounds I will take care to seek out the asker for the next track I like) but after that it depends on the experience.

However, I decline gracefully if they:

a) smell appalling
b) have previously dislocated my arm
c) look as if they may be about to expire
d) have groped me on more than one occasion

I'm not even too worried about c) since clearly they haven't expired yet (and there can be few better ways to go than having fun at Ceroc!:grin: ) but a, b and especially d are more persuasive.

I hope I have some of littlewiggle's approach too :flower:

Ghost
14th-August-2006, 12:38 PM
What about girl/girl and boy/boy dances? Do you honestly think Taz, Freya, Tessa etc are dancing with women based on their looks :confused:

I dance with whoever's closest to where I stopped dancing the last track and says "Yes"

Be Well,
Christopher

LMC
14th-August-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll dance with anyone who asks too - with usual exclusions of smelly/yanker.

If I'm asking, then dancing ability is way more important than looks.

If I haven't had a chance yet to watch the floor (like LemonCake, I select my future victims by sitting out and watching sometimes :devil: ) then I admit that I will tend to go for leads I know, or if I don't know them, the taller guys. But if the dance is rubbish then I'll say a nice thank you and scarper after one dance and not ask them again.

Also agree with Piglet - doesn't matter how drop dead gorgeous someone is, if the lead is bad, the dance will be too.

As for ugly people get asked to dance less - well, I've got asked more as my dancing has improved. Make of that what you will.

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 12:43 PM
Assuming the thread was inspired by your mention of the lady at Funky Lush yesterday (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=265070&postcount=104) I have to say I did try to work the room there but still missed out on a handful of ladies.

Nope Funky lush was fantastic and the lady in question was attractive sat top left if you look away from the stage (Up to her to post, hope she does and hope if she does she doesn’t get flamed).

Like you did eventually get around to dancing with the ugly women at the end when a few of the ladies had left, it was either that or dance with a chair ? all the tables were taken, im joking.

Of course if anyone had worked there away around the floor it would have taken about an hour at best to have dance with everyone.

Im talking about observations not people not venues or anything

Anyone can dance with anyone they like and as many time as they like

Take my self a miserable little s*** that doesn’t smile and looks pig ugly

If id been born a women id never get a dance so id have to go dressed in leather to increase my chances by wearing nurses outfit ?

CJ
14th-August-2006, 12:52 PM
Let’s face facts if you’re ugly women and you don’t ask men to dance and there is a gender imbalance in favour of men you might sit there all night on a chair tapping your feet. Or stand at a weekender, tapping your feet. Works for men as well

Gentlemen/women do you go out of your way to ask such ladies for a dance?? or do you keep a 14ft distance and avoid all eye contact when you walk past quickly just in case you get caught

It’s odd all the beautiful women wearing tight fitting clothing don’t seem to be sitting out much regardless of dancing ability?

Discuss

Rep for first person who says I always choose a women or man based PURELY on their dancing ability and not how they look, smell stoop or dribble as that would be SHALLOW.

You seem to do ok, Stewart.

TiggsTours
14th-August-2006, 01:02 PM
If I only danced with men I found really attractive, I think I'd spend alot of my night not dancing! (sorry!)

Looks really don't come into it at all, and I can say that very honestly, alot of my absolutely favourite dancers are in no means what you would call "really attractive", most are just sort of average really, but their personality may shine through and make them attractive, or they may just be an awesome dancer! I would never turn anyone down without very good reason, and looks certainly isn't one of them! In fact, if I actually fancy someone, I find it VERY difficult to ask them to dance!

As for the women side of things, I agree that its the attractive women that get all the dances though, and many men I have asked agree. If there is an OKish dancer, who's, say, 22 years old, very slim, very pretty, wearing sexy clothes, available, etc. and a middle aged, slightly overweight woman, who is an absolutely fabulous dancer standing next to each other, many men have admitted to me that it would be the young pretty one they make a beeline for, and just scanning a dancefloor on an evening will generall confirm that to be true! Personally, if they were male, I certainly (and I'm sure alot of women are the same) would go for the other one!

I guess men are just more shallow. :grin:

Twirly
14th-August-2006, 01:09 PM
This thread has confirmed that I’m not a newbie anymore – have seen discussions of this type before!

At my regular venues (or anywhere else for that matter) have a preference to ask men who have previously asked me to dance – as I know how they dance/they know how I dance. Fortunately these are pretty good dancers on the whole.

However, sometimes I’m somewhere that’s not familiar/I don’t know anyone (as happened to me at Fulham on Thursday). I wasn’t dancing much (does this mean I’m ugly? :confused: :tears: But got asked lots at Hammersmith on Saturday… :confused: :nice: ). Saw WB who effectively told me to stop being such a wuss and go and ask someone to dance. So I did. I looked for someone who was standing on the edge of the dance floor, rather than just coming off it dripping with sweat/exhausted, and who looked like they might be reasonably friendly. Looks didn’t come into it at all – my only concern was that I didn’t get turned down.

As for asking someone very good looking to dance – unlikely I would as they’re usually too busy already! Actually, am scared to ask really good dancers to dance too. Generally I don’t do it, though made progress on this one last week too, although the guy in question has asked me several times before so I assume he likes dancing with me and thought I should ask him back. (Boy have I been pushing my boundaries! :grin: )

Agree with the other girls – it’s the quality of the dance partner that matters, not how they look.

However, I think things might be slightly different for men. My expectation is that some will judge far more on looks when choosing someone to ask to dance.

Had an interesting conversation with a guy on Saturday too, about appearance. Apparently a DJ he knows thinks that what women wear on a particular evening can strongly affect how much they get asked to dance – he’s surmised this from watching the dance floor. Any DJs around care to comment?

Twirly
14th-August-2006, 01:11 PM
If I only danced with men I found really attractive, I think I'd spend alot of my night not dancing! (sorry!)

Looks really don't come into it at all, and I can say that very honestly, alot of my absolutely favourite dancers are in no means what you would call "really attractive", most are just sort of average really, but their personality may shine through and make them attractive, or they may just be an awesome dancer! I would never turn anyone down without very good reason, and looks certainly isn't one of them! In fact, if I actually fancy someone, I find it VERY difficult to ask them to dance!

As for the women side of things, I agree that its the attractive women that get all the dances though, and many men I have asked agree. If there is an OKish dancer, who's, say, 22 years old, very slim, very pretty, wearing sexy clothes, available, etc. and a middle aged, slightly overweight woman, who is an absolutely fabulous dancer standing next to each other, many men have admitted to me that it would be the young pretty one they make a beeline for, and just scanning a dancefloor on an evening will generall confirm that to be true! Personally, if they were male, I certainly (and I'm sure alot of women are the same) would go for the other one!

:yeah:

As for us slightly older (refuse to say middle-aged!) slightly overweight women who are just average dancers... :blush: although I don't seem to do too badly :D

Andreas
14th-August-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd contest your point at least for my person, Stewart. Not that I go and hunt down not so good-looking people. But in many cases these people make more of an effort with their dancing, hence are very pleasant to dance with, whereas pretty ballerinas are more likely to think they can get away with poor dancing and still get compliments for it.

Can't completely generalise this but I think it applies to the majority of all cases.

spindr
14th-August-2006, 01:24 PM
Availability, Confidence, Posture, Flexibility, Stamina, Muscle tone are all likely to mean that you are a better dancer. They're also likely to be keyed to attractiveness.

If you're sat down all the time, then availability is questionable (might not be wanting to dance), apparent confidence is zero (or you would be asking), posture is negligible, and apparent stamina is zero (or you would be dancing).

SpinDr

NZ Monkey
14th-August-2006, 01:25 PM
A horrible dance with a good looking woman is ...... still a horrible dance.

Horrible dances are not fun, and when it comes down to it that's really all that matters to me. I'll freely admit that an attractive woman will get my attention, but I'm there to dance and have a good time - not to pull.

I try to look for the good dancers in the crowd rather than the attractive ones (OK, I notice them as well - but I'm not *looking* for them :whistle: ), and when a track comes on I'll ask anyone who's around me unless I feel like sitting it out. I do try to ask the really good ones at least once in the evening though, and if they ask me again later on then I'm over the moon :flower:

Of course, it can be hard to tell just how good someone is from the sidelines sometimes, especially if they're lead isn't good or they're just not clicking with their partner.

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 01:35 PM
Also agree with Piglet - doesn't matter how drop dead gorgeous someone is, if the lead is bad, the dance will be too.
I don't think I've come across any drop dead gorgeous dancers who aren't also great dancers (so they probably do get asked up to dance more - either that or I'm attracted to natural dancers :yum: )

Also feel the need to point out that I haven't actually come across anyone who I would describe as "ugly" in my 2 1/4 years of dancing. :D

Twirly
14th-August-2006, 01:36 PM
Of course, it can be hard to tell just how good someone is from the sidelines sometimes, especially if they're lead isn't good or they're just not clicking with their partner.

The key to all this for me is the clicking with the partner. If the click is there, then they become an attractive dancer.

But then what I find attractive in a man is usually not down to just looks anyway.

Lory
14th-August-2006, 01:42 PM
However, sometimes I’m somewhere that’s not familiar/I don’t know anyone (as happened to me at Fulham on Thursday). I wasn’t dancing much (does this mean I’m ugly? :confused: :tears:
I went to Luton on Friday, where I only recognised '3' men.

Guess how many times I got asked to dance?................ yes, you got it, 3! :blush:

I, asked the men based on, who looked like they weren't going to pull my arm off, it was as simple as that really :o

Oh yes, I also got refused twice, with no reason, one guy said, oh no, and almost ran :confused: so reading this is a bit depressing really :(

NZ Monkey
14th-August-2006, 01:44 PM
...especially if they're lead isn't good or... Arrrghhh! I hate making typos:blush: :(

Gadget
14th-August-2006, 01:46 PM
If it {the thread title} were true, I'd never get a dance.

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 01:52 PM
If it {the thread title} were true, I'd never get a dance.
So NOT true!

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 01:58 PM
So NOT true!

:yeah:!

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 02:01 PM

We need at least 100 more post before we get to that assumption :grin:

It is true there is sometimes a certain air that an attractive women/man gives off. Maybe confidence that they know they look good. (I don’t just mean physical looks)

Maybe from a early child hood they have been in demand ,popular at school etc

Sometimes a unattractive women doesn’t give that ‘aura’ off, almost sitting there knowing their place

It a generalisation without merit but I do see some shall I say non attractive women sitting there looking like there waiting to see the dentist

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 02:02 PM
We need at least 100 more post before we get to that assumption :grin:

Will start the ball rolling then... I guess maybe men are more shallow - 99 to go :rolleyes:

Piglet
:yeah: 98 to go

Gadget
:blush::flower: most "attractiveness" is self confidence... and that I have in a abundance. {...as do most 'good dancers' - hence the attractiveness}

The term "Ugly" tends to be with regard to facial features in a static image - I can think on a few dancers that are miles away from the "magazine model" rating of beauty, {ok - 'ugly' :whistle:} but this has little to do with their attractiveness, ability to dance or popularity on the dance floor.

{BTW - Piglet & Alex are in the 'magazine model' cattegory rather than the other one :love:}

Northants Girly
14th-August-2006, 02:04 PM
Will start the ball rolling then... I guess maybe men are more shallow - 99 to go :rolleyes:so true . . . . . 97 to go

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 02:05 PM
{BTW - Piglet & Alex are in the 'magazine model' cattegory rather than the other one :love:}

I think you're exaggerating...except for Piglet.
:blush: Thank you anyway!

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 02:06 PM
I think you're exaggerating...except for Piglet.
:blush: Thank you anyway!
:eek: That should be my post! Aleks you are stunning - I'd swap bodies (that includes heads btw) with you any day of the week :hug:

bigdjiver
14th-August-2006, 02:08 PM
Ugly women ???????

Come to Bristol were all the women are drop dead gorgeous
:cheers::devil: Perhaps all of them are women that have not stopped coming because they could not get a dance? :devil:

fletch
14th-August-2006, 02:09 PM
Well I can honestly say that if I see someone who seems to be a bit of a loner and on their ownsome in a corner, I go out of my way to ask them to dance. I would hate to be in that situation so I always make an effort in that department! :nice:

This must be a Midlands 'thing' cos i'm exactly the same.:flower:

Been fantastically gorgeous can work against you, some very pretty girls have told me they don't get asked to dance, and when they have asked why, the men have said that they aren't good enough for them, why is it most men seem to go for the easy option, or they perceive as the easy option?:confused:

And I believe if you are nice to people they will be nice to you, what goes around comes around. Keep :nice: and you will get asked

I do like to dance with people that enjoy having fun the best example it MR COOL when you first see him and watch him he looks dead scary but he is just a pussy cat when you get to know him (who that remind me off):na:

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 02:12 PM
:eek: That should be my post! Aleks you are stunning - I'd swap bodies (that includes heads btw) with you any day of the week :hug:

There are few people that would want to be in my head, or could cope for that matter!
I think that Gadget has it right...it's to do with confidence. There are many ways of learning confidence. Carrying it over from one area to another is a great trick once you master it.
There are many people who aren't magazine-model beautiful (male or female) who are nevertheless immensely attractive.
There are also others who quake inside in certain circumstances, but noone would know!

fletch
14th-August-2006, 02:15 PM
There are also others who quake inside in certain circumstances, but noone would know!

so true

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 02:18 PM
:blush::flower: most "attractiveness" is self confidence... and that I have in a abundance. {...as do most 'good dancers' - hence the attractiveness}

The term "Ugly" tends to be with regard to facial features in a static image - I can think on a few dancers that are miles away from the "magazine model" rating of beauty, {ok - 'ugly' :whistle:} but this has little to do with their attractiveness, ability to dance or popularity on the dance floor.

I think self confidence is a very important attribute but I still find better looking women/men have more of it. Probably not rocket science to know why

I think your part born with it and sometimes is grows

There are some ugly good male dancers cant think of many women ? I don’t like the word ugly

It would be interesting if we had poll re do you consider yourself drop dead gorgeous good looking , average , below average ,ugly etc how many would say average

Twirly
14th-August-2006, 02:22 PM
I think that Gadget has it right...it's to do with confidence. There are many ways of learning confidence. Carrying it over from one area to another is a great trick once you master it.
There are many people who aren't magazine-model beautiful (male or female) who are nevertheless immensely attractive.

You’re dead right. Think I’ve mentioned this before, but my non-forum friend whom I go with is much slimmer than me (weight, or slimness seeming to be one of those factors that affects “attractiveness”), but sometimes her body language just screams “leave me alone” – so the guys do. And I’ll get asked to dance instead, because I’m standing around looking, uhm, “available” :blush: :whistle: (to dance that is!)

It a generalisation without merit but I do see some shall I say non attractive women sitting there looking like there waiting to see the dentist

And the less she gets asked to dance, then the louder her body language speaks. And it’s not that she’s unattractive (she's very pretty) – she’s just shy.

fletch
14th-August-2006, 02:24 PM
That would only work if the poll was anonymous because some people might feel they are good looking but wouldn't want people to think them arrogant.

bigdjiver
14th-August-2006, 02:27 PM
I went to Luton on Friday, where I only recognised '3' men.

Guess how many times I got asked to dance?................ yes, you got it, 3! :blush:

I, asked the men based on, who looked like they weren't going to pull my arm off, it was as simple as that really :o

Oh yes, I also got refused twice, with no reason, one guy said, oh no, and almost ran :confused: so reading this is a bit depressing really :(I was at Luton on Friday, and was kept busy trying to give all of the ladies I knew a dance. I was asked twice. I spent most of the rest of my time trying to give ladies that were not getting their share a turn. I asked 4 unknown ladies for a dance just based on their looks.
I regret that I am still unable to recognise Lory. I had two possibles in mind as being her, but never saw either of those free.
There were a few what are to me special tracks and I scoured the ladies sitting out for any that looked like they were up for them, but saw no-one. I think that the vibes being given off have a lot to do with how often people are asked.

fletch
14th-August-2006, 02:29 PM
Works for men as well

mmmmmm well I asked you to dance, must have been your BIG SMILE and bubberly personality:whistle:

:wink:

:D :flower:

onkar
14th-August-2006, 02:30 PM
I tend to choose women on their dance ability, and will like others here, quite often sit out and watch. Only women I avoid are those who I classify as grippers, or miserable cows (no eye contact, no smile, and usually a bitter and twisted individual).

I always make a point of dancing with beginners.

Going back to when I started dancing, I use to be very nervous about dancing with women who tended to be good looking and dressed to impress (lots of bling and sparkle on). Experience as shown that these ladies as a rule, tend to be average dancers at best, and in some cases bloody awful. Given a choice I will always opt for a good dancer than for someone's looks. Unless of course Angeline Jolie happens along to one of the venues I visit :)

Onkar

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 02:33 PM
I was at Luton on Friday, and was kept busy trying to give all of the ladies I knew a dance. I was asked twice. I spent most of the rest of my time trying to give ladies that were not getting their share a turn. I asked 4 unknown ladies for a dance just based on their looks.
I regret that I am still unable to recognise Lory. I had two possibles in mind as being her, but never saw either of those free.
There were a few what are to me special tracks and I scoured the ladies sitting out for any that looked like they were up for them, but saw no-one. I think that the vibes being given off have a lot to do with how often people are asked.

are there loads more women at Luton then , i live 8 miles from there only been twice maybe i could help out :whistle:

robd
14th-August-2006, 02:40 PM
I use to be very nervous about dancing with women who tended to be good looking and dressed to impress (lots of bling and sparkle on). Experience as shown that these ladies as a rule, tend to be average dancers at best, and in some cases bloody awful.

You've not met Sparkles then, Onkar?

CJ
14th-August-2006, 02:47 PM
Piglet,

Are you saying that your head isn't as good as Aleks'?!?:what:

OK, OK... 96 to go...:rolleyes:

Ghost
14th-August-2006, 02:54 PM
Just thinking this through.... shouldn't Ceroc venues end up like this:

The ugly bad dancers only dance with each other
The ugly good dancers only dance with each other
Good looking bad dancers only dance with each other
Good looking good dancers only dance with each other

I did once ask someone to rate me out of 10 for looks and personality :whistle:

Oh and for good looking above average dancers - try Jango :awe: :worthy: (and Greenwich / Bow :flower: )

Dance in beauty,
Christopher

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 02:56 PM
Are you saying that your head isn't as good as Aleks'?!?:what:
Yep and nope :wink: but she aint sharing my man to prove it!

Which reminds me - did you see that Dawn French interview of comedians last night - excellent line from Sarah Silverman

"I was licking jello off a pen1s the other night when I thought "OH NO!"..

I really am turning into my mother!"

(God forbid! is all I can say! And sorry for hijacking your very entertaining thread Stewart)

drathzel
14th-August-2006, 03:34 PM
:yeah: :yeah: LW thinks you are really sexy too! :D

David Bailey
14th-August-2006, 03:57 PM
As for the women side of things, I agree that its the attractive women that get all the dances though, and many men I have asked agree.
So men are shallow and women see the inner beauty? Hmmm, maybe.

I'm sure we've had this one a lot of times - I say what I've said a lot of times in response.
Attractive (e.g. dress sexy, good figure, everything on display, "signals" etc.) women are more popular, because they're attractive. They'll get more dances than unattractive ones, all things being equal. Life is tough that way.

However, they may not get better quality dances, because the more experienced male dancers usually choose the better female dancers, not the better-looking female dancers.

So I think they'll learn a lot, quickly, because of the volume of initial dances - but then I think they may plateau, and find it more difficult to get good dances and to improve than the ones who've had to work their way up the hard way.

If there is an OKish dancer, who's, say, 22 years old, very slim, very pretty, wearing sexy clothes, available, etc. and a middle aged, slightly overweight woman, who is an absolutely fabulous dancer standing next to each other, many men have admitted to me that it would be the young pretty one they make a beeline for, and just scanning a dancefloor on an evening will generall confirm that to be true!
Probably true - but of the men who say that, how many are really good dancers?

I don't think I've come across any drop dead gorgeous dancers who aren't also great dancers
Christ, I have - too many times. They're the ones who think they know everything - they tend to make each dance a painful experience. :rolleyes:

FWIW, my personal criteria for "choosing a dance partner" are, in order of importance:

Dance ability
Attitude
Looks

carolinef
14th-August-2006, 03:58 PM
Well from a females perspective I'm happy to dance with anyone of any ability, age, good or not so good looking. Is obviously a bonus to dance with a gorgeous hunk who's a fabulous dancer. The only thing that makes me not want to dance with a man is when they stink of B.O. like they haven't bathed for a week & never used deodorant. Or someone that is so rough that it feels more like a wrestling match than a dance.

Twirly
14th-August-2006, 03:59 PM
Dance ability

How do you assess this if you've never set eyes on them before? :confused:

LMC
14th-August-2006, 04:17 PM
You can't *always* tell by watching someone. Dunno what guys look for in followers.

However, by watching for even part of a track (more than a few seconds!) it is fairly easy to see if a lead is dancing on time and what sort of moves they are doing - I tend to avoid asking "drop monsters" and pretzel addicts. Co-ordination is also sometimes "spottable" - is the lead dancing 'neatly' or are they dancing with huge steps and/or arms and legs seem to be all over the place. I tend to avoid asking leads that look like demented frogs. Whether their partner looks like they are enjoying themselves can also occasionally be an indicator.

None of this is foolproof though - as connection and individual style vary and preferences vary so much. There are guys I enjoy dancing with who others don't, and vice versa.

Dreamer
14th-August-2006, 04:35 PM
Availability, Confidence, Posture, Flexibility, Stamina, Muscle tone are all likely to mean that you are a better dancer. They're also likely to be keyed to attractiveness.

If you're sat down all the time, then availability is questionable (might not be wanting to dance), apparent confidence is zero (or you would be asking), posture is negligible, and apparent stamina is zero (or you would be dancing).

SpinDr

Funnily enough, I find that if I don't manage to grab someone in that crucial 1st 30 second window of a track, I'm more likely to get approached for a dance if I go and sit down than if I carry on standing by the dancefloor.

I have no idea why that is.

onkar
14th-August-2006, 04:49 PM
I know her as a forumite, but don't think I have danced with her. What category would you put her in Rob?

Onkar

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 04:52 PM
I know her as a forumite, but don't think I have danced with her. What category would you put her in Rob?

For Goodness sake you can't treat people like that :mad:
Leave the poor girl alone or I will start putting you in categories and I think you can give it but can't take it.

*** what is it with the boys today?

onkar
14th-August-2006, 04:53 PM
Dunno what guys look for in followers.

Thats easy, see if the leader is struggling/straining. :grin:

Onkar

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 05:09 PM
For Goodness sake you can't treat people like that :mad:
Leave the poor girl alone or I will start putting you in categories and I think you can give it but can't take it.

*** what is it with the boys today?

You would put me what 9 on looks 10 on personaility :grin:

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 05:12 PM
You would put me what 9 on looks 10 on personaility :grin:

Well I wouldn't give you 1 that's for certain

robd
14th-August-2006, 05:25 PM
What category would you put her {Sparkles} in Rob?

You think I'd put *that* on a public forum Onkar?

She's not a bad dancer :whistle:

And she does bring the bling :D (belated thanks for my sparkley tee :clap: )

I'll introduce you if we're ever in the same venue and you can judge for yourself.

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 05:31 PM

Onkar

In answer to your question.....

Oh and for good looking above average dancers - try Jango (and Greenwich / Bow )

CJ
14th-August-2006, 05:39 PM
Well I wouldn't give you 1 that's for certain

when did you get fussy?!?

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 06:43 PM
when did you get fussy?!?

CJ you know damn well theres fussy and theres *fussy* :wink:

David Bailey
14th-August-2006, 07:14 PM
How do you assess this if you've never set eyes on them before?
That's where the second and third criteria come in.

In other words, if I've a choice of two dancers, both of whom I've never seen before, and both of whom have the same attitude, then and only then will I dance with the more attractive one.

Or, putting it another way:

Law 1: A DavidJames shall always ask a Good Dancer to dance, and shall not allow a Good Dancer to go un-danced-with
Law 2: A DavidJames will ask a Good-Attitude Dancer to dance, as long as this does not conflict with Law 1.
Law 3: A DavidJames will ask a Good-Looking Dancer to dance, as long as this does not conflict with Law 2.

:grin:

Ghost
14th-August-2006, 07:52 PM
In answer to your question.....
:worthy:
It's also answered here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221821&postcount=8444)
:flower:
Christopher

Lynn
14th-August-2006, 09:15 PM
I guess men are just more shallow. :grin:I do genuinely forget this about men, and was reminded of this recently. Yes, I do think the younger, slimmer, prettier girls get asked for more dances. That's life and that happens. That maybe means the rest have to work even harder to be good dancers/ask more/make more effort. :shrug:

The other way round - I probably wouldn't ask a man I found really attractive to dance, as I know I'd be so distracted that I wouldn't follow as well as I could and anyway if I like looking at him I can do that perfectly well from my seat at the side of the dancefloor.

However I have been asked to dance by men I haven't particularly been attracted to, but by the end of a dance or two I've really changed my mind about that!

TiggsTours
15th-August-2006, 10:33 AM
Will start the ball rolling then... I guess maybe men are more shallow - 99 to go :rolleyes:

98 actually (well, 95 if you count all the others who've now voted) I said that in my post ages ago (number 16).:grin:

TiggsTours
15th-August-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh yes, I also got refused twice, with no reason, one guy said, oh no, and almost ran :confused: so reading this is a bit depressing really :(
Or, you could see it as a compliment, perhaps he was too scared to dance with you, because you're so fabulous! :wink:

TiggsTours
15th-August-2006, 10:38 AM
Probably true - but of the men who say that, how many are really good dancers?

Erm, all of them!

David Bailey
15th-August-2006, 10:57 AM
Erm, all of them!
Interesting.

Of course, the other obvious point is that a lot of people go to dancing to look for partners - putting it politely. So the ones who are mainly focussed on that will of course be looking for, shall we say, other qualities than dancing.

Ceroc venues can be meat-markety, it's true - but that's life, no point in complaining about it..

Piglet
15th-August-2006, 11:54 AM
Of course, the other obvious point is that a lot of people go to dancing to look for partners - putting it politely. So the ones who are mainly focussed on that will of course be looking for, shall we say, other qualities than dancing.
Agree wholeheartedly - it's not that hard to spot, huh?

KatieR
15th-August-2006, 12:03 PM
I do genuinely forget this about men, and was reminded of this recently. Yes, I do think the younger, slimmer, prettier girls get asked for more dances. That's life and that happens. That maybe means the rest have to work even harder to be good dancers/ask more/make more effort. :shrug:
!

I definately agree with you. It happens so often and I think its something guys really need to look into themselves to work on. You might be missing out on a fantastic dance, because we are too short, too fat, not pretty enough, not one of the cool kids or whatever.

When I was in London, I was very rarely asked to dance by good looking guys, unless I knew them very well. They always asked the other girls over me.

It doesnt really help with the self esteem, when every one gets asked before you and you are only asked because you are the only person left, but even then sometimes have a person say they are too tired, sitting this one out etc etc... to avoid dancing with the short, cuddly one.

however, all said and done, you do slowly get used to being the comedy side kick.

Daisy Chain
15th-August-2006, 12:11 PM
I- I probably wouldn't ask a man I found really attractive to dance,

:yeah: I also can't bring myself to ask a teacher unless I don't know that they are one. Well, they never ask me :sad:

The one teacher that I will ask is Kevin (who is always in much demand) but I know he is human (he was the taxi dancer when I first joined) :flower:

Daisy

(One of Those Ugly Little Flowers)

Twirly
15th-August-2006, 12:15 PM
God this is depressing reading. Suddenly I feel very thankful for all the guys who dance with me.

Just wish that those who always and only go for the attractive dance partners would remember that one day they might fall into the not-so-attractive category - even if they maintain their weight/looks, they can't help getting older.

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 12:16 PM
I definately agree with you. It happens so often and I think its something guys really need to look into themselves to work on. You might be missing out on a fantastic dance, because we are too short, too fat, not pretty enough, not one of the cool kids or whatever.

I don't agree with this, I've never come across it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but I've yet to see it.

Twirly
15th-August-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't agree with this, I've never come across it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but I've yet to see it.

Maybe it doesn't apply to you because you don't come into the category that's being talked about? :wink:

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 12:27 PM
Maybe it doesn't apply to you because you don't come into the category that's being talked about? :wink:

:confused:

It applies to everyone, A very wise friend of mine once told me that one persons minger is another persons Adonis. Which kinda proves a point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone is beautiful in different ways and if we were all the same wouldn't life be boring.:D

*steps down off soap box* :na:

Twirly
15th-August-2006, 12:49 PM

It applies to everyone, A very wise friend of mine once told me that one persons minger is another persons Adonis. Which kinda proves a point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone is beautiful in different ways and if we were all the same wouldn't life be boring.:D

*steps down off soap box* :na:

Well clearly you have a universal appeal then... :wink: Now accept that compliment gracefully before I banish you to the compliments thread to learn how to accept them!

More seriously, you've got a point there - and thank goodness.

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 12:58 PM
Well clearly you have a universal appeal then... :wink: Now accept that compliment gracefully before I banish you to the compliments thread to learn how to accept them!

:blush: Thank you

More seriously, you've got a point there - and thank goodness.

Makes a change!

Lynn
15th-August-2006, 01:06 PM
A very wise friend of mine once told me that one persons minger is another persons Adonis. Which kinda proves a point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone is beautiful in different ways and if we were all the same wouldn't life be boring.:D Though I was told fairly recently more or less that all men go for looks, just some won't admit it. Not sure I agree, but what do I know, I'm not a guy.

However, if men are more likely to ask the young, pretty ones to dance, at least I know when they ask me its because a) they're not one of the shallow guys or b) they actually enjoy dancing with me or preferably, c) both.

s9691
15th-August-2006, 01:11 PM
However, if men are more likely to ask the young, pretty ones to dance, at least I know when they ask me its because a) they're not one of the shallow guys or b) they actually enjoy dancing with me or preferably, c) both.[/QUOTE]

:respect:
I'm with you on that Lynn, and I wonder how many of us fit into that category???

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 01:18 PM
When I was in London, I was very rarely asked to dance by good looking guys, unless I knew them very well. They always asked the other girls over me.
Oh well - I'm crushed :tears:

It doesnt really help with the self esteem, when every one gets asked before you and you are only asked because you are the only person left, but even then sometimes have a person say they are too tired, sitting this one out etc etc... to avoid dancing with the short, cuddly one.
F*** that - I miss dancing with you :flower:

however, all said and done, you do slowly get used to being the comedy side kick.
Not in this lifetime :awe:

:hug:
Christopher

TiggsTours
15th-August-2006, 01:21 PM
Though I was told fairly recently more or less that all men go for looks, just some won't admit it. Not sure I agree, but what do I know, I'm not a guy.
But surely you've noticed that, on those evenings when your hair's gone just right, you're complexions at its best, you're wearing sexy clothes, you know you're looking good, that you get far more dances than when you chuck on a pair of jeans & a t-shirt, you're having a bad hair day, you've got a huge spot on your chin and you're having a fat day?

I know that I get asked to dance alot more now than I did a year ago, when I was 2 and a half stone heavier! My dancing hasn't really improved that much, in fact, if anything, since I got more into Lindy my Jive has probably suffered, but something is obviously making me a far more appealing prospect as a dance partner to all the men out there!

I also get asked alot more now by men who don't know me, and they can't possibly be asking me for my dancing ability, seeing as they don't know what it is.

Lynn
15th-August-2006, 01:30 PM
I also get asked alot more now by men who don't know me, and they can't possibly be asking me for my dancing ability, seeing as they don't know what it is.They know what they see. I've often been asked by strangers who have passed comments on havng seen me dancing with someone else earlier, or even the night before (at weekend events). I presume they thought I danced OK and decided to ask me based on that. Well I hope so.

TiggsTours
15th-August-2006, 03:10 PM
I remember once, years ago, seeing a thing on TV where a brunette woman wanted to find out if it was true what they say about blondes, firstly that they have more fun, but also that they do not get taken seriously, and are treated like they are stupid. She was adamant that she would prove it all to be a loads of codswallop, but by then end of it she had to agree. She struggled far more in situations where she would not normally have struggled (i.e. taking the car to the garage, and being told all sorts of things needed doing that didn't) but then found she got alot more attention from men when out socially, even those men who insisted they weren't chatting her up!

Similar experiments have been carried out with men dressing as women, and vice versa, everyone I've seen always shows that those stereo-typical treatments of a particular type of person have been true, no matter how much we hate it.

Stereo-typically, men will pay more attention to a young attractive woman than to an older, less attractive woman, no matter what each has to offer.

Stereo-typically, women will pay more attention to a confident man who can keep her entertained (good or bad, usually bad), no matter what he looks like. there are many things that lead to confidence in a man, looks being just one, but if a man is not good looking, and can dance, he will always get more attention at a dance venue than a man who looks like Brad Pitt, but can't dance for toffee!

fletch
15th-August-2006, 03:54 PM
I agree with the above post.:yeah:

When I first started dancing I was a size 16 already loosing 4/6 dress sizes at my biggest i was a size 22 and I had dark brown hair,:sick: peoples attitude is very different now i'm the size I am and blond.:what:

Also it was amazing the difference in men's attitude to me when i had my new boobs,:eek: there were men asking me to dance that had never asked me before :really: say things like 'where do you normally dance I haven't seen you hear before' its obviously wasn't my face they were looking at.:whistle:

:rofl:

David Bailey
15th-August-2006, 04:01 PM
I had dark brown hair,
You're not a natural blonde? :eek:

when i had my new boobs,
They're not yours? :eek: :eek:

:innocent:

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 04:04 PM
"They say hey little boy you can't go
Where the others go
'Cause you don't look like they do
Said hey old man how can you stand
To think that way
Did you really think about it
Before you made the rules
He said, Son

That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
That's just the way it is
But don't you believe them"

~ Bruce Hornsby

Dance in beauty,
Christopher

Chef
15th-August-2006, 04:50 PM
When I first started dancing I was a size 16 already loosing 4/6 dress sizes at my biggest i was a size 22 and I had dark brown hair,:sick: peoples attitude is very different now i'm the size I am and blond.:what:

Also it was amazing the difference in men's attitude to me when i had my new boobs,:eek: there were men asking me to dance that had never asked me before :really: say things like 'where do you normally dance I haven't seen you hear before' its obviously wasn't my face they were looking at.:whistle:

I cannot understand how any man could not remember a six foot tall blond woman with the figure of Jessica Rabitt. Besides after you had gone to so much trouble and spent so much on them it might be considered rude NOT to look at them. They do a fantastic job of stopping your fab strapless dresses from falling down but trying to pretend that that you haven't noticed them is a bit like trying to pretend that you haven't noticed an elephant eating yogurt in your kitchen.

BTW I knew Fletch before she had her new boobs and she was just as mad then.

On Topic. When I Started dancing I was being asked to dance all the time. I also found myself being invited to Xmas dinner and dances by ladies as a dance companion only to find her collegues asking where her husband was. :eek: The explanation was "hubby doesn't dance so I left him at home".

In the past few years I rarely get asked to dance at my local venues. I am not sure if it is because I am obviously happily partnered, have gotten significantly uglier in the past few years, or if I am just getting a worse dancer.

If there is a choice of dancers to ask and one looks happy and the other has a face like thunder I will ask the one that looks happy. I would choose dance ability over looks every time but mostly I dance with people that I like. Some I like for their dance ability, some I like for their personality, and for some its both.

I am not going to pretend that looking at pretty women is not a joy for me but I can do that from a seat without the bother of having to think about dancing.

bigdjiver
15th-August-2006, 05:26 PM

*steps down off soap box* :na::yeah: I love soapboxes. Actually I find the use of the word "Ugly" in this thread offensive. I would never think of categorising anybodies appearance in that way. I just do not tnink of any of the ladies in that fashion. I have no difficulty in calling some ladies Gorgeous or beautiful etc., but there are several ladies that I would describe thus that I will not ask to dance.

2leftfeet
15th-August-2006, 05:33 PM
I must agree with Fletch about where some me look, however I am an eye man, they can smile or hold dark mysteries!!!

fletch
15th-August-2006, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Chef].

BTW I knew Fletch before she had her new boobs and she was just as mad then.

QUOTE]

I was just as normal when I was a much larger lady to:na:

:D

Lory
15th-August-2006, 05:43 PM
I think we're missing one crucial fact in all this.... of course women will go for the better dancers above what they look like, cos they're generally the one's who lead and therefore determine how pleasurable the experience is and how well we're able to perform too.

Also, i'm not totally sticking up for the all the men we've labelled as shallow but I can see from their point of view, that it really doesn't matter to them as much if we're that good or not, they can still get a decent dance and maybe even an added ego boost, if they pick a girl who's not been dancing very long, as they're more easily impressed.

So, why wouldn't they go for the one's they fancy?:rolleyes:

MartinHarper
15th-August-2006, 05:43 PM
So men are shallow and women see the inner beauty? Hmmm, maybe.

There are genetic predispositions. Regretfully, the female genetic predispositions I've seen in research aren't much better than the male ones. As I recall, they include assets (eg money/car/house), popularity with other women, and fighting skills.

If men are more likely to ask the young, pretty ones to dance, at least I know when they ask me its because a) they're not one of the shallow guys or b) they actually enjoy dancing with me or preferably, c) both.

Or they want to prove how unshallow they are to the young, pretty ones?

Tazmanian Devil
15th-August-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh and for good looking above average dancers - try Jango :awe: :worthy: (and Greenwich / Bow :flower: )
:eek: Really, I dance there every week and there is no man that floats my boat there. Lots of very very nice people and some good dancers but no-one that makes me :drool:

But then..............

A very wise friend of mine once told me that one persons minger is another persons Adonis. Which kinda proves a point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone is beautiful in different ways and if we were all the same wouldn't life be boring
:yeah: This is soo true :worthy:

I guess maybe men are more shallow
:yeah: 94 :na: :na:

Lynn
15th-August-2006, 07:51 PM
Or they want to prove how unshallow they are to the young, pretty ones?:rofl: ...or possibly :tears:

(Are men really that clever though?)

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 07:59 PM
:eek: Really, I dance there every week and there is no man that floats my boat there. Lots of very very nice people and some good dancers but no-one that makes me :drool:

And the crushing feeling continues....:tears:

I was thinking more of ladies but,

I'll let you tell Penny and Bagpuss that their other halves aren't good looking. As for Amir not being good looking, I suspect one or two ladies may disagree with you....

Be Well,
Christopher

David Bailey
15th-August-2006, 08:14 PM
Why oh why oh why do these threads always turn into fishing expeditions?

You're all ugly. OK?

David NoDances, they'll call me...

Tazmanian Devil
15th-August-2006, 08:14 PM
As for Amir not being good looking, I suspect one or two ladies may disagree with you....
*cough* I highlighted Bow and Greenwich, I said nothing about Jango. I couldn't possibly comment as I don't go regular.

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 08:17 PM
*coough* I highlighted Bow and Greenwich,
Ah in that case I apologise - too subtle for me

Be Well,
Christopher

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 08:21 PM
You're all ugly. OK?

Actually I think I'm gorgeous and love myself more than I do anyone else apart from LW infact I am so far up my own ar$e I'm fighting for oxygen. Yes that's right.

Yep me thinks so........... :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-August-2006, 08:28 PM
You're all ugly. OK?
:tears: :tears: :tears:

You didn't have to rub it in :tears: :tears: :tears:

*goes and hides in a dark cuboard where no-one can find me* :sad:

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 08:41 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

You didn't have to rub it in :tears: :tears: :tears:

*goes and hides in a dark cuboard where no-one can find me* :sad:
Just realised we've mutated the thread into the Singletons Sofa :rofl:

Taz I stand by my original statement regarding the ladies at Bow / Greenwich, especially the demos. :flower:

Someone else want to get this thread back on track?

David Bailey
15th-August-2006, 08:44 PM
{ fishy fishy fishy }
I'm gonna buy me a barrel and some dynamite... :rolleyes:

Lynn
15th-August-2006, 08:48 PM
You're all ugly. OK? :clap:

But some of us wear really pretty dance shoes. :D

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm gonna buy me a barrel and some dynamite... :rolleyes:

Thought it had already been delivered :rolleyes:

WittyBird
15th-August-2006, 09:15 PM
love myself more than I do anyone else apart from LW

Just before anyone else has a go at me for being horrid to Drathzel I think I should point out that LW is Little Witty my 10 year old daughter and not Lone Wolf Danielles BF :rolleyes:

LilyB
15th-August-2006, 09:44 PM
When I first started dancing ................. I had dark brown hair,:sick: peoples attitude is very different now i'm ............. blond.:what:

Aha! Therein lies the solution to my feelings of inadequacy. Peroxide and boob-job.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Then men will ask me to dance, guaranteed.:wink: :devil: :D

Andreas
15th-August-2006, 09:57 PM
Aha! Therein lies the solution to my feelings of inadequacy. Peroxide and boob-job.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Then men will ask me to dance, guaranteed.:wink: :devil: :D

Don't you dare! David! David?! Where is this fella when one needs him.

Somebody keep H2O2 and silicon away from this woman ... or the other way around! :eek:

Gadget
15th-August-2006, 10:19 PM
Why oh why oh why do some people always seem to think a critical self-examination or low self-esteme is fishing? :rolleyes:

David Bailey
15th-August-2006, 10:25 PM
Why oh why oh why do some people always seem to think a critical self-examination or low self-esteme is fishing? :rolleyes:
I'm just Mr Snooty, I guess.

Seriously, all of these "attractiveness" discussions seem to fall prey to this desperate tendency to personalise things. As in "Oh, I can't believe people turn you down, you're gorgeous, etc etc."

I dunno, flippin forum luvvies grump grump grump...

Gadget
15th-August-2006, 10:41 PM

Seriously, all of these "attractiveness" discussions seem to fall prey to this desperate tendency to personalise things. As in "Oh, I can't believe people turn you down, you're gorgeous, etc etc."

Didn't get a chance to add a :wink: to that comment before the cat decided to post it {:mad: bloody felines!}

Of course they turn into lovie threads; we are all lovies :love:
But that dosn't stop the fact that I know some (most?) people are insecure about looks and beauty within themselves. Just as I know that some of the same people are among the most attractive and beautiful people I know. :flower:
Personally, I'm closer to medical magazine than model magazine, but I have attitude, a 'presence', self-confidence, a good ear and fairly sharp mind; these compensate for a lot :D {oh, and an ego :wink::rofl:}

Ghost
15th-August-2006, 11:15 PM

Interesting - I was looking at it from the other side - lurkers. There's nearly 2000 Forum members. Plus there's the people we talk to. Just because you're not on the Forum doesn't mean the comments won't get fed back, or indeed discussed. I was looking at the Filthycute (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395&highlight=filthycute)thread where Tara actualy picked up on the fact her site was being discussed!

I wouldn't be surprised if there's lurkers reading the comments thinking "Yep, that's me". I'd rather they went away thinking that at least some people do want to dance with them.

I think it's a good thing to show that we do care about each other.

What I think the thread doesn't address is friendship. Learn to dance Ceroc with your friends - make new friends and dance with them. You don't have to be alone sitting in the corner (unless you're painfully shy in which case :hug: )

Be Well,
Christopher

ducasi
16th-August-2006, 01:12 AM
(Are men really that clever though?) Yup. Our shallowness is quite profound really.

Minnie M
16th-August-2006, 01:25 AM
When I go dancing with my young slim pretty friends, I am always left sitting unless there are some guys who know me or I ask for a dance..... However, the other weekend when dancing in Ashtead I got asked to dance by a quite nice looking chap who I have never seen before, and we had such a fabby dance - our dancing styles just clicked :clap: and he kept coming back for more, and I saw him at MJC this weekend and he couldn't wait to get me on the dance floor :clap: :clap: :clap:

So moral of the story is - always ask at least one complete stranger to dance (who is NOT pretty) each event you go to, you never know who you might 'click' with and it is such a nice surprise :yeah:

robd
16th-August-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't go regular.

Eat more fibre, Taz

WittyBird
16th-August-2006, 02:53 PM
Eat more fibre, Taz

:rofl: :rolleyes:

whitetiger1518
16th-August-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't think that anyone should lose out on dances just because they look one way or another. I don't consider myself good looking, and I am a natural brunette - but last night as I was going home I counted the number of dances I had with the guys at Jumping Jak's

I couldn't believe it : 25! :clap: :clap:

It probably is because I am a pushy little monster, and ask before potential partners have got their breath back from their last dance :devil: (If that is the reason you said yes last night then thank you for putting up with me :flower: :worthy: )

I just think that if I don't ask then (a) I won't learn and (b) I might fold up like I do at work - and hide in the darkest corner, not taking part at all...

The persona that happens (not deliberate I promise! ) to me at CEROC is definitely NOT the one that work gets shown - I definitely have more confidence since starting CEROC.

Cheers

Whitetiger

David Bailey
16th-August-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't think that anyone should lose out on dances just because they look one way or another.
Well, yeah - but the fact is, they do, so it's a nice belief but it's not precisely what happens in the real world. Not just dancing of course - good looks help smooth the way in lots of areas. That's life.

littlewiggle
16th-August-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, yeah - but the fact is, they do, so it's a nice belief but it's not precisely what happens in the real world. Not just dancing of course - good looks help smooth the way in lots of areas. That's life.

Well I suppose when you consider Ceroc is, amongst other things, about physical contact and connection, there is bound to be an element of selection.

whitetiger1518
17th-August-2006, 09:32 AM
One thing - who defines Ugly??

The guys looking at girls? - Everyone seems to have a different taste..? :confused:
The girls? I know I have up days and down days.. So I will vary in how shy/ good in myself I feel- and therefore how much I smile or push myself forward for dances :sad:

The combination thereof?? - I think every night you would find everyone giving a different answer.. :confused:

I think there should be no categories at all like this, except maybe:

Beginner, Good, Better, and Expert Dancers :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Whitetiger

Lynn
17th-August-2006, 10:03 AM

Beginner, Good, Better, and Expert Dancers :clap: :cheers: :clap: Then we choose based on dance ability only? That's maybe not the best either... We might not want there to be any categories - but there are. Asking someone to dance is usually a case of making a choice of partner for that song, rather than a random selection - and various factors go into that choice. Looks will be one of those factors and the level to which it is will vary from person to person. And of course whether they are just looking for a dance partner - or looking for a potential partner as well - in which case they might tend to ask those they are attracted to, even if they aren't consciously thinking like that.

whitetiger1518
17th-August-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry, wasn't quite how I meant it to sound - :blush:

Just meant that these seem to be the levels that we are all currently at. (a sliding scale where we all fit somewhere along the line from beginner to expert)

Whitetiger

Twirly
17th-August-2006, 10:25 AM

Whitetiger

Even that doesn’t work totally – should only good dancers dance with good dancers? How would the poor ones get better then? And one person’s good dancer can be another person’s diabolical dancer! :sick:

Maybe the question here should be “are there any dancers missing out on getting dances because of how they look?” And a follow on – if there are, what can be done about it?

Trouble is, I suspect that the answer to the last one is not a lot. This forum raises awareness, but then we are all so aware that none of us would dare behave like that would we? :whistle:

Lynn
17th-August-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry, wasn't quite how I meant it to sound - :blush:

Just meant that these seem to be the levels that we are all currently at. (a sliding scale where we all fit somewhere along the line from beginner to expert) Yeah, didn't think you meant it that way - ie only good dancers should dance with good dancers.

We can all talk about this, protest we only dance with people on attitude and ability not looks - but that doesn't change the fact that it happens. Its life.

But its not that the less attractive (or able) don't get dances, they just might get less than the attractive ones. I'm not one of the pretty young things. I'm not one of the fabulous dancers either. And I like to be asked most of the time rather than ask. And I do get asked.

LMC
17th-August-2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe the question here should be “are there any dancers missing out on getting dances because of how they look?” And a follow on – if there are, what can be done about it?
Why should anything be done? I'm paying for a leisure activity, not volunteering to improve someone's "mental health". I'll dance with who I damn well want to - as long as they are willing to dance with me of course.

SilverFox
17th-August-2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe the question here should be “are there any dancers missing out on getting dances because of how they look?” And a follow on – if there are, what can be done about it?Paper bags.....

...surgery.....

...dim the lights....

HTH:D

Twirly
17th-August-2006, 10:53 AM
Paper bags.....

...surgery.....

...dim the lights....

HTH:D

LMC - fair point. Guess it's only those who might be missing out on the dances that might think anything needs to be done about it.

Maybe Ceroc will simply wind up full of beautiful people because the "ugly" ones can't get a dance... oh, silly me, we're all beautiful already aren't we? :wink:

straycat
17th-August-2006, 10:53 AM

Trouble is, I suspect that the answer to the last one is not a lot. This forum raises awareness, but then we are all so aware that none of us would dare behave like that would we? :whistle:

I think there is quite a bit can be done about it, but more as a general awareness and politeness thang, and it falls to teachers, those dancers with the status to act as role models, and in fact, any other dancers with an ounce of awareness in them.

One of my favourite teachers, for example, does quite a bit in his lessons. If at the beginning of a lesson, there are unmatched leaders / followers, he will ask the followers to stay put, and the leaders to go to them, and cites this as an example of courteous behavior, to be extended to the social dancefloor. For the same reason, he'll often rotate leads, not followers - it's a small thing, but a certain complacency can easily build up from standing there and waiting for the followers always to come to us.

He'll give the occasional short talk during lessons on dancefloor etiquette - pointing out, for example, that if you've seen a lady standing there a while, obviously wanting to dance, and not having done so, to go and ask her. That when you've finished a dance, you shouldn't just abandon your partner and jump to the next one, but to actually walk off the floor together, and part with a friendly word or two. His focus is on social dancing, not on getting lots of great dances with good-looking people, and he does his utmost to teach that attitude.

Another venue we go to (AT) goes so far as to put out flyers round the venue talking in very gentle terms about proper dancefloor behaviour, manners, floorcraft, even down to techniques for getting dances without the embarrassment of a potential refusal (involves establishing eye contact before going over to ask someone, so you know before you set off whether they want to dance with you)

I think that if more teachers spent a little time talking about these things, it would help instill a nicer social etiquette for the dancefloor - and it's up to the rest of us to act in an impeccable fashion, and lead by example.

Stray

whitetiger1518
17th-August-2006, 11:32 AM
Even that doesn’t work totally – should only good dancers dance with good dancers?

I oh so hope not - else I'd never get to dance with any of the Excellent dancers that we have in our midst (Examples only - not exclusively: Franck, CJ, Pretzelmeister) in a million years! (What a depressing thought :tears: :tears: )

One of my favourite teachers, for example, does quite a bit in his lessons. If at the beginning of a lesson, there are unmatched leaders / followers, he will ask the followers to stay put, and the leaders to go to them, and cites this as an example of courteous behavior, to be extended to the social dancefloor

Cool way of helping, maybe we should go back to the time of knights in shining armour, and courtesy?? :drool: (oops then we wouldn't have the forum at all - help how would I cope?? :eek: )

:confused: Whitetiger

LMC
17th-August-2006, 11:34 AM
Looks are still a factor (as they are everywhere in life). However, for those of us who go dancing for the dancing, they are a secondary factor.

If we don't actually make small children run away screaming in terror (not recently anyway), but are still nowhere near Mr/Ms Universe in the appearance stakes and are limited in what we can do about it (owing to age, body type, whatever), then perhaps the answer to getting more dancing is to improve our dancing. And look like we're enjoying it.

I'm 36 and size 14-16, which means I do get fewer offers than a glamorous size 8 22-year old. But I still get asked to dance. (I just make sure I don't stand next to her)

LemonCake
17th-August-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm 36 and size 14-16, which means I do get fewer offers than a glamorous size 8 22-year old. But I still get asked to dance. (I just make sure I don't stand next to her)

I'm 27 and sz 10-12 so exactly in the middle - where should I stand ? :rofl: (am getting a mental image of the Monty Python 'Class' sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker & Ronnie Corbett)

What is making me jump up and down with sheer frustration reading this is the whole thing about waiting to be asked to dance - get up and do the asking!!!

On the ability front, as a taxi I will steer beginners (often literally) to someone I know and trust to be a good dancer when we've finished the taxi dance, to expand their horizons and make sure they dance with someone they might not otherwise feel brave enough to ask (the oh-wow-they're-far-too-good-for-a-beginner-like-me syndrome).

EDIT: by 'good dancer' I mean someone who won't overwhelm with flashy moves, who is patient with beginners and a firm enough lead to use a wider repertoire of moves successfully with them, and who won't grope/lech if the beginner is female

Twirly
17th-August-2006, 11:59 AM
*makes a mental note not to stand next to lemoncake *

I'm 27 and sz 10-12 so exactly in the middle - where should I stand ? :rofl: (am getting a mental image of the Monty Python 'Class' sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker & Ronnie Corbett)

What is making me jump up and down with sheer frustration reading this is the whole thing about waiting to be asked to dance - get up and do the asking!!!

On the ability front, as a taxi I will steer beginners (often literally) to someone I know and trust to be a good dancer when we've finished the taxi dance, to expand their horizons and make sure they dance with someone they might not otherwise feel brave enough to ask (the oh-wow-they're-far-too-good-for-a-beginner-like-me syndrome).

Older and bigger than both of you, but not saying by how much! :whistle:

I think that most of us do do the asking as well LemonCake – it just gets a bit depressing for anyone (lead or follow) if they always have to ask and never get asked. I have nights like that, but mostly I get asked plenty, thankfully.

And although not a beginner anymore, I still have an issue with thinking that someone is far too good for me to ask to dance. I can do it if they’ve asked me a couple of times (though it’s still scary). I feel that if I ask someone really good, then I’m saying “I think I’m good enough to dance with you” – if they ask me, I don’t have that to live up to. Same applies on the whole to strangers, since I have no idea of their dance ability.

straycat
17th-August-2006, 12:04 PM
I feel that if I ask someone really good, then I’m saying “I think I’m good enough to dance with you” – if they ask me, I don’t have that to live up to. Same applies on the whole to strangers, since I have no idea of their dance ability.

If I ever start thinking I'm not good enough to dance with someone, kick me.
The day I start thinking I'm "too good" to dance with someone, shoot me.

bigdjiver
17th-August-2006, 12:09 PM
...I think there should be no categories at all like this, except maybe:

WhitetigerNope. There are just people and tracks that you enjoy dancing with and to.

I cannot say that appearance is not important because I will not dance with guys. (knowingly?:eek: ), but it is the connection that I seek.

Lynn
17th-August-2006, 12:51 PM
I like being asked. Yes sometimes I'll go and do the asking, but on the whole I like being asked. Perhaps that began when I was a beginner and surrounded by a lot of better dancers, maybe its because I'm a bit old fashioned (OK, shy :blush: ) or maybe because its nice to be asked to dance.

But I wouldn't wait to be asked, then complain that I wasn't getting dances. If the balance of numbers is way out, or if I feel I really want to dance a lot, then I know that I'll have to do and ask. But thats entirely my choice whether I ask or not.

And a lot of the time I do get asked. Which to me says that there is an element of attitude in all this (as well as looks and ability). I might not have good looks, but I think I do have good attitude.

whitetiger1518
17th-August-2006, 01:24 PM
And although not a beginner anymore, I still have an issue with thinking that someone is far too good for me to ask to dance. I can do it if they’ve asked me a couple of times (though it’s still scary). I feel that if I ask someone really good, then I’m saying “I think I’m good enough to dance with you” – if they ask me, I don’t have that to live up to. Same applies on the whole to strangers, since I have no idea of their dance ability.

I totally agree about the "not beginner but.." thoughts :sad:

However If I thought I was making the statement “I think I’m good enough to dance with you” then I would never in a million years dance with half the superb dancers that are too polite to say No to me...:flower: :worthy: :flower: :respect:

It is at this sort of time that I really want a message on my forehead to say (in pink neon of course :waycool: ) "Teach me please?? Help me to be to be as good a dancer as you - Please??" :worthy: :worthy:

Whitetiger

PretzelMeister
17th-August-2006, 01:47 PM
Ugly women/men don’t get dances

Discuss

Disagree. And have plenty of first-hand evidence to support it, although that evidence is probably severely compromised by the typical gender imbalance found in venues in and around Glasgow.

And on the "doing the asking" side of the fence, while I have to admit that, making a decision between 2 women to ask to dance, if there is nothing else to differentiate between them (such as body language, apparent receptiveness to being asked to dance, smiling / etc, previous experience of dancing with them - i.e. 2 complete strangers to me), then I would be more inclined to ask the one I found more attractive. But all of those things I just mentioned will take precedence over the purely "attractiveness" factor.

I will also happily dance with anyone who asks - only on very few occasions under exceptional circumstances have I ever declined a dance and NOT followed-up with a reciprocal request later (i.e. I have promised this track to X but can I come find you for the next one>?).

In summary:

yes, I think generally "more attractive" people are / would be more likely to get more dances than "less attractive" people, if everything else was equal. But seldom is everything else equal - probably most likely to be the case at a different venue / event with lots of strangers.
in practice, under most circumstances, I think the answer is "no" because most people (myself very much included) ask other people to dance based on many other critera first, with "attractiveness" being fairly low on the list.

PM

Chef
17th-August-2006, 02:47 PM
It is at this sort of time that I really want a message on my forehead to say (in pink neon of course :waycool: ) "Teach me please?? Help me to be to be as good a dancer as you - Please??" :worthy: :worthy:

Whitetiger

I have found that exactly the above approach has served me very well over the years and I know that LMC has also adopted it as a technique. I even used to wear a T shirt with learner plates on them and the message "all help gratefully recieved". In the beginning there was so much to work on I knew that I would have to prioritise.

Just asking a dancer that you really respect for a dance and asking them to spend one track afterwards telling you ONE thing that you could improve and how they think you should do it has served to open my eyes to many things. All of the people that I have asked have be fine with helping me out in this way and most have expressed the view that someone that wants to learn and will get better and better is much more fun than someone that provides a not enjoyable dance everytime for years. The one track and one thing limit means that I am not overburdening them or overloading myself with information.

People also remember you for the right reasons (not great dancers but keen to improve) rather than the wrong reasons (they were yanking my arm 6 months ago and they are still doing it).

You have to ask. Dancers will not volunteer information in a social dance scene unless you are dangerous to the point of pain. They will simply passively evade you. My reading of the thread above is that more peolpe will try to aviod dancing with you because you can't dance well than will avoid you because of your looks.

There is little I can do about my looks so I choose to put my efforts into my dancing instead.

Clueless
17th-August-2006, 03:06 PM

You're all ugly. OK?

its people wanting to know how other people view them. the insecurities of human nature, amazing! lol

though I will admit

Caro: I am guilty of dancing off beat and sometimes bumping into people. :sick:

Lynn
17th-August-2006, 03:41 PM
There is little I can do about my looks so I choose to put my efforts into my dancing instead.That sums it up excellently. :worthy:

fletch
17th-August-2006, 04:19 PM
Just asking a dancer that you really respect for a dance and asking them to spend one track afterwards telling you ONE thing that you could improve and how they think you should do it has served to open my eyes to many things.

There is little I can do about my looks so I choose to put my efforts into my dancing instead.

Yes, that sound like good advice but just be careful I did it recently and I was completely destroyed,:tears: I was told I couldn't follow and that I would never be a good dancer unless I stopped dancing with relatively inexperienced dancers.:sad:

I spent some time thinking about what had been said to me and decided that although I DO want to be a better dancer, for me, it is all about FUN and enjoying my dancing,:flower: not dancing with inexperienced people isn't my style, as I believe they are tomorrow's experts, and I like dancing with everyone.:hug:

And your last comment........just one thing to say MR NOVEMBER:drool:

Lory
17th-August-2006, 04:58 PM
I think all Ceroc teachers should make an announcement at the end of the class...

To all you good looking folk and great dancers out there, stop for just one minute and think about all those people out there who are less fortunate than yourselves .;)

Now look round the room and grab the ugliest person you can find and make their night!:D :whistle:

Alice
17th-August-2006, 04:59 PM
I think all Ceroc teachers should make an announcement at the end of the class...

To all you good looking folk and great dancers out there, stop for just one minute and think about all those people out there who are less fortunate than yourselves .;)

Now look round the room and grab the ugliest person you can find and make their night!:D :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Great idea, bet this'll catch like wildfire....:devil: :devil:

LMC
17th-August-2006, 05:01 PM
Now that's what I call a win-win situation... or would that be lose-lose :confused:

Chef
17th-August-2006, 05:14 PM
Yes, that sound like good advice but just be careful I did it recently and I was completely destroyed,:tears: I was told I couldn't follow and that I would never be a good dancer unless I stopped dancing with relatively inexperienced dancers.:sad: :

Things can be expressed tactfully. Perhaps this just wasn't said in a tactful way. I find that limiting the advice to getting just ONE thing about my dancing and a time limit of ONE track works in my favour in the following way. Being told (since I did ask) one thing about my dancing limits the feeling that my abilities are being completely torn apart. Only having one track in which to do it means my tutor has less opportunity to come up with a big list of stuff for me to work on.

What the person above said may well (I cannot comment) be the complete unvarnished truth BUT you weren't really ready to hear it. It did make you re evaluate what you wanted out of your dancing and what, if anything, you were prepared to do. Rarely is that a bad process to go through.

I spent some time thinking about what had been said to me and decided that although I DO want to be a better dancer, for me, it is all about FUN and enjoying my dancing,:flower: not dancing with inexperienced people isn't my style, as I believe they are tomorrow's experts, and I like dancing with everyone.:hug: :

Improving your own dancing doesn't stop you dancing with inexperienced people (it can make you enjoy it less though, so I can understand how you feel) but if there truly are some things in your following that you can work on and improve then wouldn't that put you in a better position of being a helpful dance partner for "tomorrows experts". All the time we hear on the forum about people wanting to dance with the better dancers because they think it will help their dance development. There is very little talk about people wanting to dance with bad dancers as a way of improving their dancing.

I only have to think back to my experinces last tuesday with two ladies that seemed determined to throw themselves about in random directions, or even at the floor when doing a rockstep (oh how I miss Beach Boogie) despite my best efforts to lead them to know I cannot learn anything about leading if the person connected to my fingertips know nothing about following. I feel it is my role to lead a dance partner, not overpower them.

And your last comment........just one thing to say MR NOVEMBER:drool:

Anytime you want to be the top half of that photo then let me know.:grin:

Lynn
18th-August-2006, 12:51 AM

Now look round the room and grab the ugliest person you can find and make their night!:D :whistle:I'd be trampled in the rush. :rofl:

Was chatting about this to some male dancing friends tonight and they confirmed. Yup, men are shallow. :rolleyes:

KatieR
18th-August-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh well - I'm crushed :tears:

F*** that - I miss dancing with you :flower:

Not in this lifetime :awe:

:hug:
Christopher

Im humbled...*blush* thank you very much for the kind words. I always enjoyed dancing with you as well. Its a shame that I left after you started going to Jango.

David Bailey
18th-August-2006, 10:04 AM
I was told I couldn't follow
Hah, dancing and diplomacy don't always come hand-in-hand do they? :rolleyes:

I don't think there's anything wrong with your following by the way - it's certainly better than most. Did Mr Tact give you anything vaguely resembling specific advice or constructive suggestions?

I would never be a good dancer unless I stopped dancing with relatively inexperienced dancers.:sad:
Interesting. I'd say that's a fairly good sign of someone who isn't that good a dancer, that they need to rely on their partner's ability to lift them up. Surely a truly advanced dancer would make any partner look good?

Based on what you say, I'd class that advisor as an intermediate, rather than an advanced, dancer.

I think that you should dance with a range of different dancers, so that you can learn how to follow both good leads, and how to compensate for or style out of bad leads. So yes, you shouldn't only dance with beginners, but neither should you only dance with experienced dancers.

And you should take up tango. That's what Real Dancers do... :na:

straycat
18th-August-2006, 10:43 AM
Interesting. I'd say that's a fairly good sign of someone who isn't that good a dancer, that they need to rely on their partner's ability to lift them up. Surely a truly advanced dancer would make any partner look good?

Based on what you say, I'd class that advisor as an intermediate, rather than an advanced, dancer.

I think that you should dance with a range of different dancers, so that you can learn how to follow both good leads, and how to compensate for or style out of bad leads. So yes, you shouldn't only dance with beginners, but neither should you only dance with experienced dancers.

And you should take up tango. That's what Real Dancers do... :na:
That too.

And Lindy :whistle:

Freya
18th-August-2006, 10:55 AM
:yeah: Having watched some great dancers they have the ability to make even absolute beginners look good.

Sparkles
18th-August-2006, 11:41 AM
:yeah: Having watched some great dancers they have the ability to make even absolute beginners look good.

(Just a personal opinion but...) really great dancers will be able to make *anyone* both look and feel good :waycool:

LemonCake
18th-August-2006, 11:43 AM
(Just a personal opinion but...) really great dancers will be able to make *anyone* both look and feel good :waycool:

And are able to laugh it off amiably when something goes wrong (although I've been told there's no such thing as 'wrong', just a move that's never been tried before!) so you don't feel 2 inches tall for ruining their excellent lead... :blush:

Daisy Chain
18th-August-2006, 11:57 AM
I

:rofl: I'd have to run and hide in the loo just incase I was picked. Imagine...

Daisy

A Pig-Ugly Little FLower)

Lory
18th-August-2006, 12:03 PM
:rofl: I'd have to run and hide in the loo just incase I was picked. Imagine...

I think i'd run and pick the biggest hotshot I could find! :rofl:

PretzelMeister
18th-August-2006, 12:04 PM

And are able to laugh it off amiably when something goes wrong (although I've been told there's no such thing as 'wrong', just a move that's never been tried before!) so you don't feel 2 inches tall for ruining their excellent lead... :blush:

Daisy Chain
18th-August-2006, 12:11 PM
I think i'd run and pick the biggest hotshot I could find! :rofl:

We could all run towards the same hotshot.

stewart38
18th-August-2006, 12:13 PM

I often do :grin:

Lory
18th-August-2006, 12:22 PM
I often do :grin:

Stewart, I can't seem to recall the last time you asked me to dance :na:

WittyBird
18th-August-2006, 12:23 PM

Count your blessing sweetheart :grin:

horsey_dude
18th-August-2006, 12:58 PM
Being too good looking can be a bit of a curse too though.... I have seen exceptionally attractive girls who seem to get asked a to dance a lot less, and when when they do get asked it is by the creepier/sleazier guys. I think that good looks are definately going to get you asked more to start with which is unfair but that's life.

If you are not blessed in the looks department then putting the work in at class and going to workshops will give you the edge everytime in the long run...

Twirly
18th-August-2006, 03:03 PM
It sounds as if the looks might get you the first dance, but if you can’t dance, then you’re not so likely to get asked again – don’t they say in sales that it’s the repeat business that counts rather than the one off purchase? :wink:

WittyBird
18th-August-2006, 03:23 PM
don’t they say in sales that it’s the repeat business that counts rather than the one off purchase? :wink:

They do indeed, but sometimes a one off is just as nice :rofl:

Ghost
18th-August-2006, 03:45 PM
I was told I couldn't follow
Um what were you doing with me then at Slinkys :confused:

and that I would never be a good dancer unless I stopped dancing with relatively inexperienced dancers.:sad:
True for a given value of "good" as Terry Pratchet might say......

I once watched two people freeform acting. X was a good dancer, but Y hadn't done any dance at all; but the characters they were playing were the complete opposite! I watched in wonder as X said
"So you're a good dancer - show me". The dance they did
a) was wonderful
b) looked for all the world like Y was the skilled dancer doing all the leading
(There was a truckload of backleading going on, but it didn't show)

To each their own. I'd agree that dancing with a range of dancers is a good thing. But beyond that - well put bluntly, if you can only dance with people who are as good as or better than you it's got to be really lonely at the top :tears:

Dance in beauty,
Christopher

Shaz
23rd-August-2006, 01:26 AM
not true me and my mate get lots of dances :whistle:

Donna
23rd-August-2006, 05:01 PM
not true me and my mate get lots of dances :whistle:

how disturbing! :rofl:

Tessalicious
23rd-August-2006, 07:10 PM
Can't believe I've completely missed this thread - I've really not been with it have I?

Anyway, just thought I should pick up on this way back on page 1
Do you honestly think ... Tessa etc are dancing with women based on their looks?- Damn straight, I only dance with beautiful women. Keeps the men watching on the sidelines entertained much better that way. Good thing all my favourite ladies are beautiful innit really?

Good-looking men, on the other hand, I can take or leave, if they're a decent lead. If not, they'd better either be really good fun, or decent looking, or dance next to someone who is, so I've got something to look at while I'm dancing.

WittyBird
23rd-August-2006, 07:14 PM
Good-looking men, on the other hand, I can take or leave, if they're a decent lead. If not, they'd better either be really good fun, or decent looking, or dance next to someone who is, so I've got something to look at while I'm dancing.

Very well said Miss Licious :rofl:

Beowulf
23rd-August-2006, 07:26 PM

I'm b*ggered then! am neither good looking nor a decent lead !! :D

Andreas
23rd-August-2006, 07:27 PM
I did wonder why you always veered towards the directions where them hunky guys were dancing and I had no choice but FOLLOW (of all things). Now, with that explanation of yours it all becomes clear.

Note to self: blindfold her next time beforehand.

Tessalicious
23rd-August-2006, 07:34 PM
Aww honey, if you ever danced with me anymore (:tears: :na: ) you'd know that all you need to do is make it clear who's boss and you'd have my full attention. But if I'm badly behaved with you, imagine how much I 'veer' when I'm dancing with boring, unattractive men who can't dance (not mentioning any names of course)!
I'm b*ggered then! am neither good looking nor a decent lead !! Can't possibly judge on either of those, having never met you, but you are a self-professed geek, so you gain a few bonus points in my books!

Andreas
23rd-August-2006, 08:04 PM
Aww honey, if you ever danced with me anymore (:tears: :na: ) you'd know that all you need to do is make it clear who's boss and you'd have my full attention. But if I'm badly behaved with you, imagine how much I 'veer' when I'm dancing with boring, unattractive men who can't dance (not mentioning any names of course)!

Oh sweety, flattery gets you anywhere :na:

Note to self, remember blindfold and also bring whip and handcuffs

Dazzler
23rd-August-2006, 08:22 PM
Well if this thread is right and ugly people only get asked to dance if they are a great lead...then i assume that alot of people at venues think i am someone else :rofl:

andystyle
24th-August-2006, 07:44 AM
I've been at Ceroc only a wee while, but from what I can see at the venues, everyone is up and dancing at some point. Whether good-looking or not, at the end of the day we're there on an evening to dance - personally, I'll dance with anyone willing to dance with me, looks are irrelevant. I would imagine someone who picks dances solely on looks would get sussed out sooner or later, and that can only be to their detriment :rolleyes:

Clueless
24th-August-2006, 10:33 AM
I've been at Ceroc only a wee while, but from what I can see at the venues, everyone is up and dancing at some point. Whether good-looking or not, at the end of the day we're there on an evening to dance - personally, I'll dance with anyone willing to dance with me, looks are irrelevant. I would imagine someone who picks dances solely on looks would get sussed out sooner or later, and that can only be to their detriment :rolleyes:

Good call I just dance with anyone and I have a few favourite dancecers case they are good follows and a good laugh whilst dancing! :clap:

Clueless
24th-August-2006, 01:57 PM
Blue like some people have said: when dancing it should be ability over looks.

I sometimes watch the dancer and ask myself what is their style like do they look like they are following well and if they seem to be having a good time? and then go to ask then if thay are taken before I approach them, I just ask anyone in close proximity.

Simple reason really I love to dance :D and 'judge' on ability

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 02:02 PM

Ashtons last time I saw you :grin:

Lory
24th-August-2006, 02:33 PM
Ashtons last time I saw you :grin:

So you did... :blush: :cheers:

:tears::tears: :tears:

CJ
24th-August-2006, 02:42 PM
So you did... :blush: :cheers:

:tears::tears: :tears:

Was the dance THAT bad?!? Or are you crying because the post brought back horrible memories of the charity dance of the evening?!?:whistle:

Lory
24th-August-2006, 03:01 PM
Was the dance THAT bad?!? Or are you crying because the post brought back horrible memories of the charity dance of the evening?!?:whistle:

I'm crying because its just become clear, i'm less fortunate!:eek: :sick: :rofl:

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 03:22 PM

No im soooo ugly my drewl went all over her dress :sad:

No one asked me to dance that night :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

they begged :whistle:

straycat
24th-August-2006, 03:37 PM
Sometimes doesn't pay to be too good-looking.

Very pretty young lady arrived at a local venue recently, completely new to MJ. Was quickly grabbed by the local GreasyMiddleAgedDeathMoose, and given around five (she later told me) tracks of his usual MJ instruction, arm-yanking and general creeping-out :angry:

He always seems to be at his worst with younger prettier girls. Sad to see :sad:

ducasi
24th-August-2006, 04:12 PM
Very pretty young lady arrived at a local venue recently, completely new to MJ. Was quickly grabbed by the local GreasyMiddleAgedDeathMoose, and given around five (she later told me) tracks of his usual MJ instruction, arm-yanking and general creeping-out :angry:
That's why I always try to dance with young pretty girls – it's for their own good. :innocent:

jacksondonut
24th-August-2006, 04:35 PM
I guess I am one of those people who like to play safe.....:D Even today, after quite a few years, most of the people I dance with, have been introduced to me by someone that I already know.. therefore, it is mainly irrelevant to me what they look like.. they have come recommended by friends....

so... I suppose what people look like doesnt really matter to me as long as I know they are nice/friendly/clean!

Usually if I spot someone different in the crowd I just watch what they are doing.. sometimes, I may just pluck up the courage and ask a complete stranger.. but not very often.

I think as an average female on the circuit, I am asked by the people who know me and I am friendly with.. it is very rare that I get asked by anyone else (a stranger) as I must look unavailable.... or worse..:rofl:

johnthehappyguy
24th-August-2006, 05:29 PM
Always remember that

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

John:nice:

Minnie M
24th-August-2006, 06:18 PM
Always remember that

:rolleyes:

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 08:36 PM
He always seems to be at his worst with younger prettier girls. Sad to see :sad:

Take part next time then ?

Lynn
24th-August-2006, 08:51 PM
Even today, after quite a few years, most of the people I dance with, have been introduced to me by someone that I already know.. therefore, it is mainly irrelevant to me what they look like.. they have come recommended by friends.... Whether someone comes recommended doesn't make any difference to me in respect to their looks. I guess you mean you have a bit more information to make an assessment - if its a stranger when you initially meet someone their appearance is the only information you have to go on. Of course that's more than their 'looks', its also how they are dressed, their 'air', how they move, and how they speak. Appearances can be deceiving but its somewhere to start.

And of course we add to that 'how they dance'.

I think as an average female on the circuit, I am asked by the people who know me and I am friendly with.. it is very rare that I get asked by anyone else (a stranger) as I must look unavailable.... or worse..:rofl:As a less than average female on the circuit, I do get asked by strangers. Not as often as a very attractive/fabulous dancer, but I do get asked. Then you see them again at another event and dance again. Eventually they aren't a stranger anymore.:flower:

straycat
24th-August-2006, 08:59 PM
Take part next time then ?

Did my bit. And she'll be a great MJer if she keeps coming.

WittyBird
25th-August-2006, 12:26 AM
As a less than average female on the circuit, I do get asked by strangers. Not as often as a very attractive/fabulous dancer, but I do get asked.

You really P1$$ me off sometimes Lynn :mad:
Every other post I read is you being *down* on yourself, I really wish you'd stop it. You're a lovely dancer with a gorgeous personality and it really annoys me that you have so little self worth.:na:

Minnie M
25th-August-2006, 12:42 AM
........As a less than average female on the circuit, I do get asked by strangers. Not as often as a very attractive/fabulous dancer, but I do get asked. Then you see them again at another event and dance again. Eventually they aren't a stranger anymore.:flower:
I wouldn't say less than average (what is average) but I do agree with you Lynn - however, a lot of men are actually shy (yes t'is true) but usually come back for that second dance on the next visit :clap:

Also, there are always a couple of smug "I love myself" average males who rate himself with the ladies (be it their looks :rolleyes: or their own inflated dance ability) in every dance venue...........BTW there are a few ladies like that too :whistle: (with the opposite sex of course:really: )

straycat
25th-August-2006, 08:44 AM
Every other post I read is you being *down* on yourself, I really wish you'd stop it.

I wouldn't say less than average (what is average) but I do agree with you Lynn - however, a lot of men are actually shy (yes t'is true) but usually come back for that second dance on the next visit :clap:

Also, there are always a couple of smug "I love myself" average males who rate himself with the ladies (be it their looks :rolleyes: or their own inflated dance ability) in every dance venue...........BTW there are a few ladies like that too

Such a tricky balance. You do need to love yourself / rate yourself to a decently respectable degree. While maintaining a decent amount of modesty & avoiding that appearance of self-importance. And not idolising yourself in public :whistle:

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 09:53 AM
Every other post I read is you being *down* on yourself, I really wish you'd stop it. You're a lovely dancer with a gorgeous personality and it really annoys me that you have so little self worth.:na:

What does 'gorgeous personality' mean ? :rofl:

Lynn
25th-August-2006, 10:32 AM
Every other post I read is you being *down* on yourself, I really wish you'd stop it. You're a lovely dancer with a gorgeous personality and it really annoys me that you have so little self worth.:na:I'm not, really. I'm actually quite confident - but I'm realistic as well. I really wasn't posting to get 'no, you're really nice' responses - but the real world is that people make dance decisions based on appearances - that's a fact, that's life. My point was that its not just the beautiful people who get asked to dance by strangers. OK, some guys will only ask the really good and attractive women. But really those are in the minority and I find it somewhat amusing, (especially the fact that the ladies they ask are far more attractive than they are!) rather than annoying.

Re the dancing - I tend to feel that overestimating your abilities is more of a problem than underestimating them. I like to press on and see how far I can go, than sit back smugly and see how far I've come.

TiggsTours
25th-August-2006, 11:29 AM
Good call I just dance with anyone and I have a few favourite dancecers case they are good follows and a good laugh whilst dancing! :clap:

And isn't it funny how a less attractive man who can really dance, and have a good laugh at the same time becomes instantly 100 times more attractive? I know that there are plenty of my favourite male dancers who are not at all what society would consider to be good looking, and yet I find them extremely attractive!

Not being a man, or a lesbian, I don't know if the same thing happens with a less attractive woman who can dance, but I do know there are alot of relationships in the dance world where "she" is gorgeous, and everyone wonders what on earth "she" saw in "him", until they see "him" dance! I can't think of any relationship in the dance world that works the other way round.

WittyBird
25th-August-2006, 11:57 AM
What does 'gorgeous personality' mean ? :rofl:

Says a lot :rolleyes:

fletch
25th-August-2006, 03:52 PM
And isn't it funny how a less attractive man who can really dance, and have a good laugh at the same time becomes instantly 100 times more attractive? I know that there are plenty of my favourite male dancers who are not at all what society would consider to be good looking, and yet I find them extremely attractive!

Not being a man, or a lesbian, I don't know if the same thing happens with a less attractive woman who can dance, but I do know there are alot of relationships in the dance world where "she" is gorgeous, and everyone wonders what on earth "she" saw in "him", until they see "him" dance! I can't think of any relationship in the dance world that works the other way round.

Its what's on the inside that counts I believe it will show through.:flower:

Better to be true to yourself, be who your are, and at least the people who share your time are genuine.:really:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :hug:

fletch
25th-August-2006, 03:53 PM
Always remember that

:blush:

didn't see this

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 04:03 PM
:blush:

didn't see this

what do you see ?

fletch
25th-August-2006, 04:11 PM
what do you see ?

Carry on S38 I know you are trying to make me argue with you, and for what you have done you aren't worth it :mad:

HAPPY NOW :angry:

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 04:22 PM
Carry on S38 I know you are trying to make me argue with you, and for what you have done you aren't worth it :mad:

HAPPY NOW :angry:

whats that 'forgot' to pay for a ticket , then paid for it 2hrs late

sorry about the indecision re going but when your having your heart re zapped it kind of effects you or is it affects you ?

you go fall out with someone else i wont rise to it :grin:

friendships mean more to me then a 2hr delay in payment over tickets I never saw :mad:

straycat
25th-August-2006, 04:39 PM
Um. Snowcone, anyone? :grin:

WittyBird
25th-August-2006, 04:41 PM

Nah got Popcorn and Revels thanks:what:

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 04:57 PM

Happy to be judge by my peers over the epsiode, ill come out smelling of roses :grin:

But you were right

WittyBird
25th-August-2006, 04:59 PM
But you were right

About what? Infact I don't wanna know you're not dragging me into your little attention seeking games

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 05:04 PM
About what? Infact I don't wanna know you're not dragging me into your little attention seeking games

what attention seeking ??

Anyway im going to dance with as many ugly people as i can tonight , i dont think two beautiful women like you and fletch will ever want to dance with me again :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

straycat
25th-August-2006, 05:07 PM

WittyBird
25th-August-2006, 05:09 PM

No Thanks I've got Popcorn and Revels

robd
25th-August-2006, 05:10 PM

COFFEE! :sick:

and you always have to nibble away a little of the chocolate to find out

Ghost
25th-August-2006, 05:18 PM

Anyone else see the cat go past twice? :wink:

David Bailey
25th-August-2006, 05:25 PM
COFFEE! :sick:

and you always have to nibble away a little of the chocolate to find out
But that's the beauty of it, the Great Unknown Surprise - that's what elevates Revels over Maltesers. You never know when you'll get a great or a bad one.

Bit like dancing, really, but more fattening.

ShinyWeeStar
25th-August-2006, 10:16 PM
But that's the beauty of it, the Great Unknown Surprise - that's what elevates Revels over Maltesers. You never know when you'll get a great or a bad one.

Bit like dancing, really, but more fattening.

Mr Cool
27th-August-2006, 02:13 PM
As a classic but confident Minger :blush: I have learnt to ask the ladies who are interested to dance with me to dance. (please ladies if you dont want to dance with me just say no I respect that) :yeah: :cheers: :flower:
I always put 100% into every dance and I need ladies to return the compliment.
If i sat in a corner next to some young good looking bloke with two left feet (which is why i never do) I garantee he will be asked to dance many times more than me. I would probably struggle to get a dance so I always take the pro active approach asking ladies who appear interested in dancing with me. and mostly I dance all night. :clap: :clap:
:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

fletch
27th-August-2006, 04:56 PM
As a classic but confident Minger :blush:
If i sat in a corner next to some young good looking bloke with two left feet (which is why i never do) I garantee he will be asked to dance many times more than me. I would probably struggle to get a dance so I always take the pro active approach asking ladies who appear interested in dancing with me. and mostly I dance all night. :clap: :clap:

Well that just proves the theory about beauty been in the eye of the beholder........I think you are one of the most handsome men on the circuit,:waycool: but you do have a different look and style, bit quirky, but I think that's what makes you attractive.:worthy:

It was funny at S.P. last year some time one of the girls at my local venue said to me 'I see you dance with that scary man' 'which one I asked' 'the one in the leather hat' she replied 'scary' I said 'he's a pussy cat ask him to dance' 'I wouldn't dare' she replied, and I thought I was the scary one :wink:

Mr Cool
27th-August-2006, 05:42 PM
It was funny at S.P. last year some time one of the girls at my local venue said to me 'I see you dance with that scary man' 'which one I asked' 'the one in the leather hat' she replied 'scary' I said 'he's a pussy cat ask him to dance' 'I wouldn't dare' she replied, and I thought I was the scary one :wink:

Fletch dont be telling everybody I am not scary :wink: and I am a pussy cat :blush:
I have worked hard to create that personae :devil: it comes in handy.
Youre also a pussy cat ( with attitude) and a superb fun dancer to boot. :cheers:

killingtime
29th-August-2006, 02:09 PM
I've just managed to read through the thread. It took a while :rolleyes:.

Usually if I spot someone different in the crowd I just watch what they are doing.. sometimes, I may just pluck up the courage and ask a complete stranger.. but not very often.

I find it depends on my confidence at that given time. If I'm not feeling so confident (for whatever reason) I'll generally stick to people I know but otherwise I'm happy dancing with complete strangers it's wonderful meeting new styles and often I'll find I have wonderful dances with people I've just met.

Anyway I'd prefer to dance with someone who is enjoying themselves dancing and smiling than someone who is gorgeous. I'll often pick a dance based on someone looking eager, cheerful or happy (so I can make then miserable).

Freya
3rd-September-2006, 12:46 PM
Anyway I'd prefer to dance with someone who is enjoying themselves dancing and smiling than someone who is gorgeous. I'll often pick a dance based on someone looking eager, cheerful or happy (so I can make then miserable).

:rofl: You've never made me miserable :grin: I'm sure you've danced with some gorgeous great dancers! There are a few of them About! :whistle:

I've been told that I'm Scary! Bouncing around like a mad woman puts people off apparently! All I am is Eager and ready to dance! :wink:

killingtime
4th-September-2006, 02:26 PM
:rofl: You've never made me miserable :grin:

There is still time. See you Saturday night... flatmate :really:.

I'm sure you've danced with some gorgeous great dancers! There are a few of them About! :whistle:

Ah, don't get me wrong. I love dancing with gorgeous, smiling, happy, great dancers. I don't think the fact that they are beautiful is one of the top three reasons why I'd dance with them (though it is a nice added bonus :grin: ).

Missy D
4th-September-2006, 05:18 PM
I dont really think it makes any difference what people look like. There are people who prefer to dance with certain people at their local venues and often turn down others. I dance with most people that ask me - with the exception of as I have said before the licker, the groper and the corpse. If it were true that ugly women dont get many dances then I would think myself a right minger as i get refused at least once at every venue I go to. OMG maybe I am a minger!

Clueless
22nd-November-2006, 05:21 PM
I dont really think it makes any difference what people look like. There are people who prefer to dance with certain people at their local venues and often turn down others. I dance with most people that ask me - with the exception of as I have said before the licker, the groper and the corpse. If it were true that ugly women dont get many dances then I would think myself a right minger as i get refused at least once at every venue I go to. OMG maybe I am a minger!

I think it is just bad manners to refuse a dance but somtime when two people come up to you you have to make a decision and the one that has my hand has the dance, but I will try and find that second person for a dance during the course of the evening :nice:

Double Trouble
22nd-November-2006, 05:31 PM
Ugly people don't get dances?....what a pile of poo.

Some of my favourite dancers are plug ugly (would make great models for toby jugs..........but are in no way related to my top ten......bugger.......can't get out of this hole)

I don't think it has anything to do with looks. If someones a good dancer, they could look like Brad Pitt or John Merrick...it wouldn't bother me either way (as long as they didn't smell)

Clueless
22nd-November-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with looks. If someones a good dancer, they could look like Brad Pitt or John Merrick...it wouldn't bother me either way (as long as they didn't smell)

smell has to be one of the worst things! if they smell it can knock me sick

Double Trouble
22nd-November-2006, 05:55 PM

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 06:34 PM
OMG maybe I am a minger!

Nah :rofl:

Minnie M
22nd-November-2006, 06:53 PM
There is a dancer (living in the south) who has terrible bad breath. It is so bad, I have to avoid him asking me to dance, which is such a shame as not only is he a good dancer he is a really nice chap.

I think it is a medical problem rather than him eating onions etc. :sad: but I am sure I am not the only one who avoids him, which must be upseting for him.

Wish I could tell him but I don't know him well enough

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 06:55 PM
Wish I could tell him but I don't know him well enough

Offer him a mint while getting one for yourself and then dance with him :D Subtle but works :D

SeriouslyAddicted
23rd-November-2006, 09:59 AM
A prime example of how true this is last night.

Take a group of 3 women - one stunningly attractive the other two not ugly but just normal. On nights when the stunningly attractive woman is missing the other two get twice as many dances as usual. Pure conincidence - I think not!

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 10:03 AM
You were there last night wern't you? :love:

I assume you are talking about the fit blond one that I like dancing with :D

Saying that I think Matt got more dances from me than anyone else.

SeriouslyAddicted
23rd-November-2006, 10:05 AM

I assume you are talking about the fit blond one that I like dancing with :D

Bless thanks! :flower:

Funny how you knew who I was talking about though!

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 10:09 AM
Bless thanks! :flower:

Funny how you knew who I was talking about though!

Errr. Who else could it pos be?

Saying that, Salomons is the best venue for fit girls. (god I hope my newly aquired GF doesn't get on the forum lol).

Us blokes at Salomons are alright too. lol

Gav
23rd-November-2006, 10:23 AM
Ugly people don't get dances?....what a pile of poo.

Some of my favourite dancers are plug ugly (would make great models for toby jugs..........but are in no way related to my top ten......bugger.......can't get out of this hole)

and I thought I was special! :tears: :tears: :tears:

I guess it's human nature to go after the most attractive person in a group when you have no idea what their dancing is like, but Dave the Scaffolder pointed something out to me a little while back. He pointed out some young and very attractive ladies that hadn't sat down all night and not one of them was a particularly good dancer. Then a handful of ladies that didn't fit the previous category, but moved on the floor like professional dancers.

So you can't judge a book by it's cover.

and I'd like to think that I've never been refused yet because I'm not too bad to dance with, rather than my stunning good looks, bronzed Greek god-like body and charming personality. :blush: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TurboTomato
23rd-November-2006, 10:37 AM

You two made a lovely couple :awe:

I'm assuming you're the butch one, right? :na:

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 10:38 AM
There is a similar thread going about forgive and forget.

I will only turn down a female dancer if - im injured, got my coat and shoes on, in the process of dragging someone on to the floor or they are drunk (unless it is someone I know well).

Im hardly the most attractive of men, but I manage to get plenty of dances. Think that has more to do with my dance with anyone policy than my looks.

If you turn people down for no good reason, they will not ask you again and they will have a winge to their freinds who will not ask you again.

You will soon find yourself solo MJ'ing

NZ Monkey
23rd-November-2006, 11:02 AM
I guess it's human nature to go after the most attractive person in a group when you have no idea what their dancing is like, but Dave the Scaffolder pointed something out to me a little while back. He pointed out some young and very attractive ladies that hadn't sat down all night and not one of them was a particularly good dancer. Then a handful of ladies that didn't fit the previous category, but moved on the floor like professional dancers.
That’s hardly surprising.

In my old venue there was a really good range of ages among the regulars, and with only a couple of exceptions it was the women who were 30+ that were the top dancers there. The best of them were just shy of 40 and over. Talent counts for a lot in dancing, but experience counts just as much and some of those women have been dancing for years. If you’ve got both talent [I]and{/I] experience then your partner is very lucky indeed. :D

I try not to focus on the young pretty ones when I’m dancing because I know if I do then I’m just likely to have a lot of mediocre dances and missing out on some gems, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t appreciate them being there. Of course, you do occasionally find young pretty girls who are also good dancers….:whistle: :drool:

TurboTomato
23rd-November-2006, 11:37 AM

Lee's right - you're doing yourself a disservice. You're very nice to dance with and look at :flower:

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 11:41 AM
Lee's right - you're doing yourself a disservice. You're very nice to dance with and look at :flower:

More romance on the dance floor??? :D

SeriouslyAddicted
23rd-November-2006, 01:33 PM
More romance on the dance floor??? :D

You trying to stir? - now you'll really confuse Alan - he has already got me paired up with half the dancers there!

Thanks TT :love: (Smiley just to get everyone gossiping a little more!)

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 01:46 PM
You trying to stir? - now you'll really confuse Alan -

Trying to stir ? Don't think I need too :D

Thanks TT :love: (Smiley just to get everyone gossiping a little more!)

Is it? :yum:

Hey everyone Seriously Addicted and Turbo Tomato are an item.

That'll do it :D:D:D:D:D

TurboTomato
23rd-November-2006, 01:52 PM

SeriouslyAddicted
23rd-November-2006, 02:04 PM

Now I am crushed Can't believe you are laughing :tears:

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 02:07 PM
Now I am crushed Can't believe you are laughing :tears:

It's a natural defense as he knows you are dating someone :love: