PDA

View Full Version : What dance is cool?

tiger
11th-August-2006, 07:38 PM
poll time.
After all the comments on the 'cool' thread.

Which dances/genres are cool?

sparkledancer
11th-August-2006, 07:57 PM
Latin wins hands down for me!! :respect:

Although i also voted for ballroom, ceroc and salsa.

S. xx

straycat
11th-August-2006, 08:51 PM
So no Lindy / Swing option? :confused:

Personally though, I think all said dances can be cool, or uncool. Depends on how they're done.

Daisy Chain
11th-August-2006, 09:33 PM
Riverdance.

Daisy

(A Fleet Footed Little Flower)

Beowulf
11th-August-2006, 09:43 PM
moonwalk (or what ever you call the MJ (Michael Jackson.. not modern jive) style of dancing collectively ?

Beo

(a rusty little paranoid android!) :flower:

Gadget
11th-August-2006, 09:49 PM
:yeah: so why is "salsa" seperate from "latin"? And what about Tango? Break dancing? Tap? Modern? Goth? Ballet? WCS? Blues? Disco? Morris? Pole? ...

Minnie M
11th-August-2006, 11:12 PM
:yeah: so why is "salsa" seperate from "latin"? And what about Tango? Break dancing? Tap? Modern? Goth? Ballet? WCS? Blues? Disco? Morris? Pole? ...
:yeah: :angry:
IMHO West Coast Swing has to be the coolest :waycool: dance - however, I still think good MJ danced by experienced dancers is very cool - check out Groovy Dancer (KGD) & DavidB for starters :worthy: :respect:

under par
11th-August-2006, 11:12 PM

Its so much fun starting a poll there is always a dozen or so options you omit and the thread then becomes a bitching session about your omissions and not the intended topic.

PS

And the option of Highland Fling for our wonderful friends north of Hadrians Wall!!
:whistle:

Minnie M
11th-August-2006, 11:24 PM
What is cool :cool: I think smooth and sexy is :cool: others might think modern is :cool: like 'hip-hop' :waycool: Dan Baines:respect: Dan Slape & Tas & Adam :yeah:

KatieR
12th-August-2006, 12:52 AM
:yeah: :angry:
IMHO West Coast Swing has to be the coolest :waycool: dance - however, I still think good MJ danced by experienced dancers is very cool - check out Groovy Dancer (KGD) & DavidB for starters :worthy: :respect:

Im with Minnie on this one!! West Coast is pretty darn cool. I also miss watching amazing dancers like Simon and Nicole, David B, Lily etc.. a great Jango dance is always pretty cool as well, so for me its West Coast followed by Jango.

whitetiger1518
12th-August-2006, 03:10 PM
I have to say that it has to be your partner that makes or breaks a dance for your own :waycool: thermometer, In my time I have discoed, ceilidhed and now MJed, and watched quite a few other dances too.

If the connection between a couple and each of them and the music isn't there then it just isn't cool, - Get all that right and the sizzle of connection will blow the roof off - Now that is :waycool: !

:cheers:
Whitetiger

fletch
12th-August-2006, 04:00 PM
I think its cool to love dance full stop, :clap: my children have really got into dance since Beach Boogie where they learnt lots of styles, Amir even did ballet with them and I believe the boys did fine,:respect: so to go from NO dancing to doing ballet, hip hop, and MJ its fantastic to see.:clap:

And now when we go dancing and I have a go around my handbag, I tell the children to close there eyes and pretend no one can see them, and just dance for fun, it dosen't matter :na:

littlewiggle
16th-August-2006, 08:17 PM
I think its cool to love dance full stop, :clap: my children have really got into dance since Beach Boogie where they learnt lots of styles, Amir even did ballet with them and I believe the boys did fine,:respect: so to go from NO dancing to doing ballet, hip hop, and MJ its fantastic to see.:clap:

And now when we go dancing and I have a go around my handbag, I tell the children to close there eyes and pretend no one can see them, and just dance for fun, it dosen't matter :na:

What a lovely way of looking at it!:flower: