PDA

View Full Version : Southport to Reading?

Yliander
10th-August-2006, 01:49 PM
hoping someone can help me out - I've managed to wrangle myself a ticket - many thanks to Little Monkey :flower:

now I just need to get myself home to my new temporary abode in Reading after having danced my toes off

anyone able to help a nomadic wee Aussie lass?:flower:

Yliander
14th-August-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm still looking for a lift to reading :flower: :flower: .... although a lift to Hammersmith, London would also be of use to me:flower:

Little Monkey
14th-August-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi!

No luck with getting a lift?

You can get a train ticket from Liverpool to Reading for £13 if you don't wait too long to book!

LM

spindr
14th-August-2006, 07:17 PM
You can get a train ticket from Liverpool to Reading for £13 if you don't wait too long to book!
Give a shout when you arrive -- and I can recommend a few local and not quite so local venues.

SpinDr

Little Monkey
14th-August-2006, 08:43 PM
Give a shout when you arrive -- and I can recommend a few local and not quite so local venues.

SpinDr

When who arrives where?

Yliander
15th-August-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi!

No luck with getting a lift?

LM Will check that out - then I just have to get to liverpool station

frodo
16th-August-2006, 12:00 AM
Will check that out - then I just have to get to liverpool stationLast time I looked (on the map) Southport was within fairly easy walking distance of 'Ainsdale' railway station which has 2 or 4 trains an hour to Liverpool, though Pontins don't see fit to mention it in their "How to find us" page :confused: , so maybe it isn't really there.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=330000&Y=413000&width=700&height=400&gride=330010&gridn=412788&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=PR82PZ&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=10000&out.x=7&out.y=9

ducasi
16th-August-2006, 01:22 AM
Last time I looked (on the map) Southport was within fairly easy walking distance of 'Ainsdale' railway station ... so maybe it isn't really there. Yup, it's there, and in walking distance (though if you've got lots of stuff you'll want to get a lift) – it's straight up the road, you can't miss it. :)

Yliander
17th-August-2006, 09:29 AM
Well I'm sorted witha huge THANK YOU to Dynamo!!!! who has managed to tee me up a lift with a none forumite - and I suspect that I may be going straight from the dance floor to the car *giggle* as departure time is set for 7am

Lynn
17th-August-2006, 09:35 AM
Glad you got sorted, but its really easy to walk to the train at Ainsdale - that's how I usually travel - then train to Liverpool should be about 30 mins or so - you would probably have to change trains to get to the main station (only got the train into Liverpool itself once, usually travelling on to Garston to catch a bus to the airport).

Yliander
17th-August-2006, 09:43 AM
Glad you got sorted, but its really easy to walk to the train at Ainsdale - that's how I usually travel - then train to Liverpool should be about 30 mins or so - you would probably have to change trains to get to the main station (only got the train into Liverpool itself once, usually travelling on to Garston to catch a bus to the airport).I had every confidence in the train station being as close as everyone told me - but it's nice to have lift - if I fall asleep I don't have to worry about missing my stop :wink: :na: