PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Fringe

BobbyA
9th-August-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone is going to see any shows in edinburgh this weekend (11-14th). I'm coming up with a bunch of people from Leroc/Ceroc here, appears there are no dances in the area this weekend (which isn't too much of a problem just booked into some shows.)

I've never been to Edinburgh before, was just wondering what the atmospher is like in town and things during festival time. Anyone booked into any shows this weekend? If so which ones?

foxylady
9th-August-2006, 09:16 PM
I'd highly recommend Jump - martial arts which is out of this world, but with an amazing comic thread running through it..

Saw it last year, booked to see it again this year. Its on early (5pm or so) so plenty of time do do smokey comedy clubs later.

Anything you come across that you'd recommend do let me know; I'm not up in Edinburgh until the 22nd.

Foxy

Lindsay
9th-August-2006, 11:44 PM
Yea JUMP is amazing....
Check out http://www.edfringe.com/

"Whisky Galore" is good - great choreography in the 2nd half :wink: :blush:

Freya
10th-August-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone is going to see any shows in edinburgh this weekend (11-14th). I'm coming up with a bunch of people from Leroc/Ceroc here, appears there are no dances in the area this weekend (which isn't too much of a problem just booked into some shows.)
There's the Glasgow Party On the Saturday night! Only an Hour away from Edinburgh. Should be good! Although not sure when Trains etc run if you don't have transport!

Bill
10th-August-2006, 02:27 PM
Some very good reviews in the Scotsman and can highly recommend the Antonio Forcione Quartet at the Assmebly Rooms (9.55pm). Brilliant guitarist and 3 wonderful backing musicians.

If the weather is good then hang about the High Street ( Royal Mile) and watch/listen to various acts and be persuaded by a few hundred individuals why you should go to their shows. Wonderful time. If it's cold then watch the world go by in one of the pubs! :rolleyes: :D

Dance Demon
10th-August-2006, 03:37 PM
ahhh...edinburh during the fringe.....a real buzz about the city, when it's full of thespians and luvvies......in fact even the one o'clock gun goes POOF.....:wink: :whistle:

CJ
22nd-August-2006, 10:07 AM
Faves so far...

Jump
Soweto Gospel Choir
Spagetti Western Orchestra (:eek: ) honest!!!
Tango Fire:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

straycat
22nd-August-2006, 10:14 AM
Faves so far...

Jump
Soweto Gospel Choir
Spagetti Western Orchestra (:eek: ) honest!!!
Tango Fire:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

My own:

Jump - amazing!
Tango Fire - even more amazing (going to see it again in a couple of weeks)
Tom Crean - Antarctic Explorer, which managed to eclipse everything else - a must, must, MUST see.