PDA

View Full Version : Brit Rock

Lindsay
9th-August-2006, 08:13 PM
Large-ish Scottish mob planning their descent to Brighton, any more takers?
Any pipers at a loose end 13th/14th October? :D

Details http://www.britrockcompetition.co.uk (http://www.jivelive.com/britrock/)

Minnie M
9th-August-2006, 10:31 PM

Details http://www.britrockcompetition.co.uk (http://www.jivelive.com/britrock/)
Even though I only live 10minutes away, I shall be in Woking for RebelYell - Kyle Redd & Sarah Van Dyke will be teaching :worthy: :respect: :yeah: :clap:
Might do the Friday night pre-comp dance though:flower:

Minnie M
9th-August-2006, 10:51 PM
Even though I only live 10minutes away, I shall be in Woking for RebelYell - Kyle Redd & Sarah Van Dyke will be teaching :worthy: :respect: :yeah: :clap:
Might do the Friday night pre-comp dance though:flower:

whoops .... sorry Sarah Van DRAKE :blush:

Lindsay
9th-August-2006, 11:41 PM
2 fab events, shame they clash. Didn't that happen last yr too?
Britters pour moi :cheers:

ducasi
10th-August-2006, 05:08 PM
Any Scots competing? Hope they/you all do well. :)

Don't think I'll be able to come down – beginning of October is a busy time for me...

(Just been having a look at the web site... I'm curious why in the description of each Categories, under Double Trouble it says of the entrants... "They must be dressed in a respectful manner." :confused:)

Donna
10th-August-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't know if me and ste will be competing, as he might be in Singapore for most of October, but, I'm still going and thinking of doing DWAS! :what: & of course to support some friends. :clap: :cheers:

Lynn
10th-August-2006, 08:11 PM
(Just been having a look at the web site... I'm curious why in the description of each Categories, under Double Trouble it says of the entrants... "They must be dressed in a respectful manner." :confused:)Maybe Andy McGregor dressed as a sumo, plus a couple of male forumites dressed as women was all a bit much for them! :rofl: (A few years ago. My necklace played a part in one of said outfits, I was very proud of it, it did better than I did.)

Paul F
11th-August-2006, 06:51 AM
Im thinking of entering this.

Of course it all depends if I can find the time to prepare.

*keeps waiting for the 8 day week to be invented*

:nice:

marty_baby
11th-August-2006, 11:43 AM
Hiya All,

Crumbs this has come around quickly! A year has gone by already?..... hang on... its only August.... oh gawd... you girls plan ahead don't you!

Really looking fwd to it. Last year was the 1st comp I ever went to - the standard of dancing was admazing.

Hoping to do the Advanced with Lyndsey :clap:

See you all there! :hug:

Martin
:cheers:

Dave Hancock
11th-August-2006, 03:10 PM

Am more tempted by the RebelYell and there are a few Scots also going down to that, anyone else interested in going down to it and hooking up with us can PM me.

Minnie M
11th-August-2006, 03:34 PM
If you are all travelling down on Friday - we could all do the Friday night pre-comp dance at Hove Town Hall :clap: :clap:

Dave Hancock
11th-August-2006, 03:36 PM
Is it far from Hove town hall to Woking???

Msfab
11th-August-2006, 04:51 PM

Just over an hours drive away, about 60 miles.

Donna
11th-August-2006, 04:52 PM
Just over an hours drive away, about 60 miles.

Change of subject, but I've got to say this - love the avatar!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M
11th-August-2006, 08:20 PM

It's a really easy trip, I do it often - 10 mins to the M25 then J7 to M23 leading on to the A23 at the bottom of A23 take flyover to Hove and your are there :clap:

Hove Town Hall is on the corner of Church Road and Norton Road and has a little statue of a man with a bunch of red roses outside. The is a very large car park opposite (Church Road is one of the main shopping roads in Hove - it has lots of yummy restraurants:drool: ) (BTW Hove Town Hall, is also know as Hove Centre)

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 11:28 AM
Hot news on this ..we have changed the double trouble rules so you can have any combination of a trio you like. Two ladies one guy, , Two Guys one lady, tthree of any , even two guys and a horse... ooh maybe not!
I'm looking forward to seeing what turns up :nice:
And for those who were there last year: we have sorted out that super fast floor, there's a great product called 'Astonish' that is made for dance floors whicch actually s-l-o-w-s the floor down, worked a treat when we tried it there a few months ago.

Donna
24th-August-2006, 11:31 AM
Hot news on this ..we have changed the double trouble rules so you can have any combination of a trio you like. Two ladies one guy, , Two Guys one lady, tthree of any , even two guys and a horse... ooh maybe not!
I'm looking forward to seeing what turns up :nice:
And for those who were there last year: we have sorted out that super fast floor, there's a great product called 'Astonish' that is made for dance floors whicch actually s-l-o-w-s the floor down, worked a treat when we tried it there a few months ago.

:clap: Excellent! I think one lady dancing with two men is fab! :wink: Any offers? :grin: After seeing it done on save the last dance I've always wanted to give it a go - it's different.

Lindsay
24th-August-2006, 01:09 PM
:clap: Excellent! I think one lady dancing with two men is fab! :wink: Any offers? :grin: After seeing it done on save the last dance I've always wanted to give it a go - it's different.

We did it a couple of yrs ago, here's a pic of me Nik (Dreadful Scathe) and Brady practising... check out those LEGS!!!! It was such a laugh we could hardly dance.

Donna
24th-August-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for that Lindsey - :sick: and just when I was enjoying my cheese and tomato sandwiches. Who is the guy on the right? I can't believe he is wearing men's ballroom shoes with a skirt! :sick: :rofl:

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 02:08 PM
Very thick question but if you ceroc I assume you can do Brit Rock ? ie its just modern jive ? :what:

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:10 PM
Yep, Course you can.

Britrock Is an Independant Modern Jive Competition.

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 02:13 PM
Yep, Course you can.

Britrock Is an Independant Modern Jive Competition.

what run by ceroc but under another name :sick: ?

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:15 PM
Good Lord No!!!!

Run by people who like less restriction in music and dance than Ceroc.

Namely Sarah Johnson and the Rock bottoms Team

Gus
24th-August-2006, 02:16 PM
what run by ceroc but under another name :sick: ?Urrrr What has Ceroc got to do with it? I thought it was an amalgum of Beach Boogie-type people and Sarah's LeRoc organisation ... or has the Dark Force assimilated even this outpost of the Rebellion?:tears: :tears: :wink:

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:26 PM
It's not Le Roc either.

real people... Sarah, Hev, Andy, Tor and Jon with phat music from DJ bunney.
Not limitations by Ceroc Le Roc, or anything else roc.
Winner will go home with the title of The Britrock Modern Jive Champion

Donna
24th-August-2006, 02:29 PM
It's not Le Roc either.

real people... Sarah, Hev, Andy, Tor and Jon with phat music from DJ bunney.
Not limitations by Ceroc Le Roc, or anything else roc.
Winner will go home with the title of The Britrock Modern Jive Champion

Aaah you're Hev. I spoke to you on the phone about 4 weeks ago re: (will pm you)

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:32 PM
...... does that mean Private Message or something else.. maybe? not on this much !

Donna
24th-August-2006, 02:35 PM
...... does that mean Private Message or something else.. maybe? not on this much !

yes it means Private Message. I've just sent you one. :nice:

straycat
24th-August-2006, 02:39 PM
real people... Sarah, Hev, Andy, Tor and Jon

As opposed to.... imaginary people? Fake people? Unreal people? :whistle:

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:40 PM
well faceless in the form of whoever runs that bit of Ceroc ...yes.

straycat
24th-August-2006, 02:45 PM
well faceless in the form of whoever runs that bit of Ceroc ...yes.

You mean - like that episode of Dr Who where people were being attacked by their TVs and kept losing their faces? That was quite freaky, and it did seem to affected their taste in music quite badly (or am I making that bit up?)

Note to self: No more TV watching at Ceroc dos.

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 02:51 PM
heh heh I saw that one too. well weird.

But no not as bad as that. I like Mr Ceroc (Ellard) and his lovely wife Linda, saw there baby Aston last week, little darlin he is.

I think you know what I mean, plus I'd hate to get into any heavy debate about it.
Hope to see/ meet you at Britrock, and you others out there, I'm not used to this fake name thing it's scarey:sick:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-August-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks for that Lindsey - :sick: and just when I was enjoying my cheese and tomato sandwiches. Who is the guy on the right? I can't believe he is wearing men's ballroom shoes with a skirt! :sick: :rofl:

That'd be Brady - the other one is me :) (phew)

Donna
24th-August-2006, 02:54 PM
That'd be Brady - the other one is me :) (phew)

Eh? I can't see no smurfs in drag anywhere in the pic?:confused: :D

straycat
24th-August-2006, 03:06 PM
heh heh I saw that one too. well weird.

But no not as bad as that. I like Mr Ceroc (Ellard) and his lovely wife Linda, saw there baby Aston last week, little darlin he is.

I think you know what I mean, plus I'd hate to get into any heavy debate about it.
Hope to see/ meet you at Britrock, and you others out there, I'm not used to this fake name thing it's scarey:sick:

I know what you mean - I'm just being annoying :wink:
I doubt you'll see me at Britrock (geography is against us) - but you'll be seeing me at a couple of Rock Bottomses :)

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 03:12 PM
Shame no Britrock, but great your coming to a Bottom (somehow that sounds wrong - ) If your a scotland chap you might like Liverpool, not too far, fab hotel and all that.

straycat
24th-August-2006, 03:15 PM
Shame no Britrock, but great your coming to a Bottom (somehow that sounds wrong - ) If your a scotland chap you might like Liverpool, not too far, fab hotel and all that.

Liverpool's the one, yep. Looking forward to it - never been to an RB before, but heard great things about 'em.

Hevmate
24th-August-2006, 03:20 PM
heard great things about 'em.

Coo thanks:flower:

straycat
24th-August-2006, 03:25 PM
Coo thanks:flower:

We're also doing the Lindy one next year (geography seems to matter less for swingdance)

PS - if you look at my profile, you might recognise me :devil:

it's possible, anyways.

Minnie M
25th-August-2006, 12:09 AM
- if you look at my profile, you might recognise me..........
I know a lot of people on the MJ and Swing scene - so thought I might know you, however, after checking it out - it is a great photo, but it is so small you look like half a dozen guys I know :whistle:

Minnie M
25th-August-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi Hevmate

Can't make Britrock competition this year but hope to make the pre-competition party on Friday night :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :cheers: with a couple (or maybe four) Scottish guys :worthy:

Minnie M
(aka Lynda)

marty_baby
25th-August-2006, 09:34 AM
hiya All,

Really looking fwd to the Britroc weekend! :nice:

Is there going to be a pre-comp friday night fun competition tho?
I read the web site - and there is no mention of it!

A slower floor?.... shame..... kidding! :rofl:

Simon r
25th-August-2006, 09:37 AM
hiya All,

Really looking fwd to the Britroc weekend! :nice:

Is there going to be a pre-comp friday night fun competition tho?
I read the web site - and there is no mention of it!

A slower floor?.... shame..... kidding! :rofl:

I did a whole year of ice skating in prep for this yeat as well

marty_baby
25th-August-2006, 09:46 AM
I loved the the sliding moves we did on the floor last year.... we "swooshed" for miles :na:

Brilliant venue - will be a great weekend's dancing I reckon! :D

Donna
25th-August-2006, 11:30 AM

Aww :rofl: If you still find it a bit slippy rub castor oil under your shoes - it really works and you won't stick to the floor either. (use it all the time)

Hevmate
25th-August-2006, 11:57 AM

Cheeky begger. But goodie, your entering again, havent got your appplication yet sunshine- hurry up :wink:

Simon r
25th-August-2006, 12:02 PM
Cheeky begger. But goodie, your entering again, havent got your appplication yet sunshine- hurry up :wink:

Still working on a new showcase so not sure what to enter at the moment when do they need to be in....

Donna
25th-August-2006, 12:03 PM
Still working on a new showcase so not sure what to enter at the moment when do they need to be in....

Are you still doing musicality at Britroc? (even though you're sick of that tune now?:grin: )

Simon r
25th-August-2006, 12:06 PM
Are you still doing musicality at Britroc? (even though you're sick of that tune now?:grin: )

nope scotland is it ....

we have started to put a new one together (arguments are us) and hope to have it finished for britrock

Hevmate
25th-August-2006, 12:14 PM
No steaming rush but were almost in September, so dont leave it too long.
I've made a mental note that you want to play :nice: looking forward to it :nice:

Donna
25th-August-2006, 12:15 PM
nope scotland is it ....

we have started to put a new one together (arguments are us) and hope to have it finished for britrock

Gosh you're going to be working hard over the next two months then. I'm sure it'll still turn out to be amazing choreography in the short space of time you have left to do it though. :respect: can't wait to see that. :hug:

Simon r
25th-August-2006, 12:24 PM
Gosh you're going to be working hard over the next two months then. I'm sure it'll still turn out to be amazing choreography in the short space of time you have left to do it though. :respect: can't wait to see that. :hug:

Aww thank you

Actually we know what we want to put in it its just getting the whole thing to flow well enough, we will do our best to finish on time.

Donna
25th-August-2006, 12:28 PM
Aww thank you

Actually we know what we want to put in it its just getting the whole thing to flow well enough, we will do our best to finish on time.

Well you two have loads of lovely moves and obviously having great musical interpretation will have no problems fitting them all in to another fab track. :hug:

Hevmate
6th-September-2006, 03:19 PM
news just in: Rock Bottoms are giving away a weeknd for two in Liverpool to the winners of the 'Hot Spot' venue challenge, entry for the category is free too, cant be bad.:nice:

killingtime
6th-September-2006, 04:42 PM
Can't make Britrock competition this year but hope to make the pre-competition party on Friday night :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :cheers: with a couple (or maybe four) Scottish guys :worthy:

There should be a few Scottish guys there for the comp too. We might be well represented yet.

Hevmate
6th-September-2006, 05:47 PM
There should be a few Scottish guys there for the comp too. We might be well represented yet.

fantastic, save me loadsa dances guys , it's so rare I get to play with you.:respect:

Donna
15th-September-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm really looking forward to this now - sending my form off tomorrow and have already got a hotel booked! 4 weeks to go, and counting! :clap:

Mary
15th-September-2006, 05:28 PM
Looks like we could be late entries - finances permitting. Would hate to miss a comp.!!:what:

M

cutey
15th-September-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks like we could be late entries - finances permitting. Would hate to miss a comp.!!:what:

M

You can't do that Scary Mary

:flower:

Cutey XXX

Donna
15th-September-2006, 06:09 PM
You can't do that Scary Mary

:flower:

Cutey XXX

:rofl: scary mary... :rofl: Not so scary - only when she does a back flip! :wink: I'm like... will she, won't she, will she...... :eek:

Fiver
15th-September-2006, 07:31 PM
Anyone from the Bristol area want to share a car to Brighton and back for this competition day?. I'll be traveling there and back on the same day, Saturday 14th October, and could do with the company and sharing the cost. Car takes five so four seats spare. :innocent: Please get back to me soon.

Patrick
15th-September-2006, 08:49 PM
Anyone from the Bristol area want to share a car to Brighton and back for this competition day?. I'll be traveling there and back on the same day, Saturday 14th October, and could do with the company and sharing the cost. Car takes five so four seats spare. :innocent: Please get back to me soon.

Pity, I'll be going from Wells, but wanting to stay over both nights. Are you competing?

Patrick :cheers:

Mary
16th-September-2006, 12:53 AM
:rofl: scary mary... :rofl: Not so scary - only when she does a back flip! :wink: I'm like... will she, won't she, will she...... :eek:

Actually not so scary - even if something goes horribly wrong I still manage to get over, just results in a very scruffy landing!!!

We have no showcase as yet so just want to be part of the experience and maybe have a go at advanced.

M

cutey
16th-September-2006, 09:53 AM
Scary Mary...

You know you want to come... just think of all that fun, laughter and dancing with good dancers you will miss out on !!!:eek:

Please come, pretty please...:love: oh god what does a girl have to do get one of her closest friends to come along. :devil: JUST COME!:kiss: :hug: :clap:

Cutey :o

Fiver
16th-September-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi, am trying to get a car load together to come down from Bristol for the day, but my post was 'moved' or deleted for some reason. Does anyone know what faux pas I've made? Is there some sort of rule I've broken? Need to know for the future. Ta.:blush:

Patrick
17th-September-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi, am trying to get a car load together to come down from Bristol for the day, but my post was 'moved' or deleted for some reason. Does anyone know what faux pas I've made? Is there some sort of rule I've broken? Need to know for the future. Ta.:blush:

I would guess that a moderator moved your post to the existing BritRock thread to avoid duplication.