PDA

View Full Version : Exiled to Devon!

Gus
9th-August-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm going to be in the wilds of Devon next week, somewhere near to Oakhampton, on business. Any recommendation/warnings about where is worth visiting to dance?

fletch
9th-August-2006, 09:30 AM
I met some lovely people from Exeter at Beach Boogie, they dance a t Yeovil.

Animaltalk lives there and Sapphire, + serveral othere you should have a good time they were loverly:flower:

Dizzy
9th-August-2006, 09:42 AM
I know that Ickle Chick'n lives in Paignton so she will be able to let you know which venues are best.

I have been to Yeovil and it is a nice venue with quite a large dance floor and a good atmosphere.

Donna
9th-August-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm going to be in the wilds of Devon next week, somewhere near to Oakhampton, on business. Any recommendation/warnings about where is worth visiting to dance?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :D you just can't resiiiiiist it can you? :wink:

Mary
9th-August-2006, 06:15 PM
i've got to go to Devon for week soon as well. Also meant to check where to dance.

M

Emma
9th-August-2006, 06:45 PM
Ooh, I'm probably going to be there too....pm me where/when you're going and I might join you for a dance! :)

Mary
9th-August-2006, 06:47 PM
Ooh, I'm probably going to be there too....pm me where/when you're going and I might join you for a dance! :)

Cool!

M

Daisy Chain
9th-August-2006, 10:19 PM

Such a shame you aren't there this week. You could have gone morris dancing at Sidmouth Folk Festival :waycool:

Daisy

(A Folky Little Flower)

clevedonboy
9th-August-2006, 11:13 PM
dates?

theres a few things on this weekend down rhat way - bit barren after that

Mary
9th-August-2006, 11:47 PM
I believe I'm going to be in Salcombe 3rd to 8th Sept. Any recommendations?

M

philsmove
10th-August-2006, 06:57 AM
I believe I'm going to be in Salcombe 3rd to 8th Sept. Any recommendations?

M

Avoid the Indian takeaway :mad:

Ickle Chick'n
13th-August-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi guys

Right there's all sorts, some of which you can find on Southwestswing.org.uk website. My venues Which are in not oo fara distance of oakhampton for you gus are:

Monday Exeter at the moose centre, fairly quiet night but beg/int westcoast downstairs with Nelson Rose, beg/intermediate upstairs with Stevie or Phil and then Nelson does an advanced calss.

Tuesday in Exmouth, newish venue, lovely floor, at the pavillions on the sea front. Beg/int jive, another Nelson Venue but taught by Stevie.

Wednesday Torquay (at boys gramma school) nice friendly venue, my local so I'm there almost every week, Nelson teaching.

Thusday in Exeter at St Georges hall in the centre. Big venue, usually very busy but good large floor, Nelson teaching again.

Fridays and weekends there are various freestyles in Exeter, Taunton, Sidford, Yeovil, Plymouth, all mentioned on Southwestswing website usually.

Also a nice friendly class in Plymouth on a Sunday evening, Leroc venue.

Hope this helps, if anyone wants specific dates gimme a shout.:flower: