PDA

View Full Version : Photo competition ends in a draw.

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2006, 01:59 AM
In this week's competition, both Freya and Sheepman got 4 votes. So get your head's together you two, and let us know what next week's subject is. :D

Congratulations :hug:

Piglet
9th-August-2006, 10:39 AM
Phew! I thought you meant it wasn't happening ever again from the title.

Congratulations to both Freya and Sheepman :hug:

Thanks to whoever voted for mine :hug: :hug:

Freya
9th-August-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanx for voting for mine whoever did! Me and Sheepman will come up with something I'm sure!

Freya
9th-August-2006, 07:22 PM
So get your head's together you two, and let us know what next week's subject is. :D
Ok Heads have been put together! And the Topic for this week's Competition is:

DARK & LIGHT

Get posting and Good Luck!

Sheepman
10th-August-2006, 12:50 AM
I had thought about having "Donna" as the theme, but then I only have one photo of her, or maybe I should check them all more carefully! :devil:

But the theme did remind me of
http://www.darknessandlight.co.uk/

Greg

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:13 AM
OK I need help here (well saves me reading the instruction booklet... :whistle: )

How do you get black and white photos on a digital camera??

OK probably I'm being dense... any helpers?

Freya
10th-August-2006, 10:19 AM
Have you got a function Button? If you do then the Black and white function will probably be in there somewhere! But every camera is different hun!

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:20 AM
Can you change the photos to black and white on the PC then if it turns out I don't have a magical functional b&w button?

Freya
10th-August-2006, 10:22 AM
Can you change the photos to black and white on the PC then if it turns out I don't have a magical functional b&w button?
Yup I think so! My photo package can do it! it can also do sepia and that negative sort of appearance! IT just depends on the package your using! But I would presume that most will!

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks Freya,

I might just photograph a chess board :rofl:

or have fun playing around with my camera some more :wink: -ooh! just remember what I had arrive in the post yesterday morning.....

Freya
10th-August-2006, 10:38 AM
or have fun playing around with my camera some more :wink: -ooh! just remember what I had arrive in the post yesterday morning.....
Ooooh good thinking!!!!!! If you need any help! ;)

Beowulf
10th-August-2006, 10:48 AM
well my pic is up.. a bit lacking in interpretation and inspiration.

It's a rather abstract view of a very common office object ;)

Rep for the first Cute girl with the right answer to what it is !! ;) ok.. I'm not sexist.. For the first cute boy too ;) :rofl:

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:51 AM
Oooh! oooh! I just had a guess without knowing there was a rep prize - how many guesses we allowed? (and if I win can you wait til you CAN rep me? lol)

Beowulf
10th-August-2006, 10:54 AM
well it's NOT venetian blinds.. ;)

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:56 AM
Dratz Freya just guessed my second guess!

Plus I've just learned that you can't post more than one comment to a photo :tears:

Beowulf
10th-August-2006, 11:05 AM
Dratz Freya just guessed my second guess!

Plus I've just learned that you can't post more than one comment to a photo :tears:

odd.. you have commented twice on that pic ;)

but yes.. Freya has it right .. if by Flourecent stripe Lighting she means Fluorescent strip Lighting that is ;) :wink:

have some rep..

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 11:10 AM
I must've clicked the submit button twice or something then, cos it told me I couldn't double post on it... well done Freya!:hug:

Freya
10th-August-2006, 11:10 AM
Freya has it right .. if by Flourecent stripe Lighting she means Fluorescent strip Lighting that is ;) :wink:

:yum:

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 11:12 AM
Poops! You mean I could've won if I'd spotted that spelling error :rofl:

More power to you Freya!

Freya
10th-August-2006, 11:18 AM
Poops! You mean I could've won if I'd spotted that spelling error :rofl:

More power to you Freya!
Mwah Ha ha ha!!!!!! I am the power and You will obey! :devil:

He he he he

Little Monkey
16th-August-2006, 07:44 PM
Right, then, Beowulf. What's this weeks theme for the photo competition?

Oh, and congrats, btw! :cheers:

Beowulf
16th-August-2006, 08:17 PM
Right, then, Beowulf. What's this weeks theme for the photo competition?

Oh, and congrats, btw! :cheers:

Sorry in delay.. am on holiday and have no internet access as such..

Anyway in honor of a certain young lady's birthday the topic for this week is

SHINY

CJ
17th-August-2006, 01:24 PM
how/where do I post?

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2006, 02:11 PM
how/where do I post?In the fun part of the photo gallery. :) The Picture Challenge.

Donna
17th-August-2006, 02:40 PM
In the fun part of the photo gallery. :) The Picture Challenge.

Anybody seen CJ's? :eek: :rofl: Question is: who's voting for that?:rofl:

Beowulf
18th-August-2006, 07:53 PM
Anybody seen CJ's? :eek: :rofl:

Yes.. and I happened to be showing my Mum and dad the forum at the time.. :blush:

Magic Hans
18th-August-2006, 08:08 PM
A draw .... would that be a photo finish then?? :yum:

Gadget
24th-August-2006, 08:58 PM
Looks like mine photo came 1st :D {thanks for the votes :flower:} - this weeks competition will be...

"Looking through..."

Warwick
24th-August-2006, 09:20 PM
Looks like mine photo came 1st

How can you tell you won? I can't see how many votes everybody got.

Nice subject though.

Beowulf
24th-August-2006, 10:26 PM
Looks like mine photo came 1st :D {thanks for the votes :flower:} - this weeks competition will be...

"Looking through..."

erm.. I count 5 to warwick and 4 to you and it was 4 all when I voted.. so how you reckon the win? ;)

Warwick
24th-August-2006, 11:14 PM
erm.. I count 5 to warwick and 4 to you and it was 4 all when I voted.. so how you reckon the win? ;)

Then end count on mine is 5. His subject is inspired though so even if I did win then that's next week's.

ducasi
25th-August-2006, 12:02 AM
It says
Upload one photo per month (up to the 14th of the month) and members can vote (voting opens from the 15th until the end of the month) on the best one... This month's theme will be chosen by the winner of the previous month! As we're not at the end of the month, I don't know why voting has ended... :confused:

Warwick
25th-August-2006, 12:15 AM
It says As we're not at the end of the month, I don't know why voting has ended... :confused:

That's changed. It was weekly and split over the week when I put mine up. That may even be a change today.

Beowulf
25th-August-2006, 08:07 AM
It says As we're not at the end of the month, I don't know why voting has ended... :confused:

I have to say though "Photo of the week" is quite difficult at times especially with work etc, not always able to enter as by the time I've found a subject it's over and the topics changed. I mean for shiny CJ and I had the same Idea.. he photographed his B*lls and so did I.. well Ball bearings I mean :blush: (Work for SKF .. loads of nice shiny ball bearings to photograph ;) ) but I never got round in time to submitting the pic.

I hadn't realised it'd changed to photograph of the month.. silly me. :blush:

Gadget
25th-August-2006, 08:32 PM
:blush: oops :blush: Nor had I - I did find out how many votes, but I can't remember how or where :confused: erm... nope... :confused::blush:

I'll just go back to sleep.

Warwick
2nd-November-2006, 01:09 AM
:blush: oops :blush: Nor had I - I did find out how many votes, but I can't remember how or where :confused: erm... nope... :confused::blush:

Resurrecting the thread on purpose.

I agreed to the suggested theme for the first monthly. I have the pictures ready to upload. I'd like the photo contest to get back underway. I believe "Looking Through" was the suggested topic.