PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to glasgow this weekend?

Dazzler
8th-August-2006, 08:29 PM
This is my first thread...apologies to anyone that has a thread like this running elsewhere!

Just wanted to knowwho is all intending going to the glasgow party on saturday night?..and if you are not..then where are you going?

Well i dont really know what else to say so gimme some feedback!...(please)

:worthy:

Aleks
8th-August-2006, 08:51 PM
Me! I'm going!

Dazzler
8th-August-2006, 08:53 PM
WooHoo that means i can get those dances i missed in Edinburgh then?..(didnt think i would forget did you?)

Aleks
8th-August-2006, 08:54 PM
The dances we missed, and the dances we would normally have too!

Hope you plan to spend at least half your time in the blues room...

Dazzler
8th-August-2006, 08:56 PM
The dances we missed, and the dances we would normally have too!

Hope you plan to spend at least half your time in the blues room...

Try stopping me!...I cant wait...miss one weekend of travelling and i feel like its all cold turkey! :rofl:

So that means am gettin some bluesy dances?...even better :clap: :clap:

Aleks
8th-August-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm looking forward to it already.

Being as I'll staying through in Glasgow I shall also be dragging you (and everyone else who wants to come) along to the Noodle Bar afterwards too. :yum: :yum:

Dazzler
8th-August-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds good! :yum:

I always need to eat afterwards..sure Night Owl will join us seen as i am travelling with him! :grin:

Cant thank the guy enough for making it possible for me to get great dances with people like you and claire S :respect:

Aleks
8th-August-2006, 09:33 PM
claire S :respect:

I'm pretty sure she'll be there too! :clap: :clap:

Dazzler
8th-August-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure she'll be there too! :clap: :clap:

Sorry for dragging this convo out but am so close to making my 100th post lmao...nothin compared to the 1000's that others make but no bad for such a short time i think...so where is the venue?..is it nice?

Aleks
8th-August-2006, 09:41 PM
Sorry for dragging this convo out but am so close to making my 100th post lmao...nothin compared to the 1000's that others make but no bad for such a short time i think...so where is the venue?..is it nice?

Happy to help you reach your 100th post...
Venue is the GUU and I like it. Some people don't...
We're lucky enough to have had 2 rooms in the past few months; a main hall and a blues room.
The floors are usually pretty fast, but occasionally have big sticky patches, especially in the blues room.
Ducasi should be able to tell you more - he dances there far more often than I do.

ducasi
8th-August-2006, 11:56 PM
Yep, I'm 98.34% likely to be there... Still thinking about going to London, but as the number of my favourite dancers who're going to be in Glasgow keeps rising, I'm thinking it'd be madness to go elsewhere.

The GUU is a pretty good venue – one of my favourites. I don't know which rooms we're going to be in this week, but I like the downstairs hall (the Dining Room) best. The only problem then is the blues room is up a flight of stairs. :(

Recently most of the parties have had two rooms on the same upstairs floor which is much better for my poor legs, though I'm not really a fan of the Debates Chamber, which then serves as the main room, for various random reasons, but mostly because I think it's usually too dark.

That said, that room has recently had a makeover, so I'm looking forward to getting a chance to see what it's like – maybe I'll like it better. If it also has a new coat of varnish, the floor might not be as fast as before (though I guess it could even be faster! ;))

No matter, with some fab dancers from across Scotland and up from London, and a couple of quality DJs, it's guaranteed to be a good night. :)

Freya
9th-August-2006, 12:03 AM
I might be there this weekend! As I might be coming down to Glasgow with my mum to go and see the Burrell collection as her Birthday treat! She's very nicely said that I can come Party...Although I might be a bit late!

Looking forward to dancing with everyone if I come! Aleks Will have to steal you away from Dazzler for at least one wiggly dance! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll be there too, and I met a young lady from Inverness tonight who's thinking of making the trip :clap:

We're in both upstairs rooms. Newly done-up debating chamber and the usual blues/latin reading room, so no stair climbing Ducasi, your wee legs are saved :hug:

Stuart M
9th-August-2006, 08:59 AM
I'd be there but, dash it, I'll be settling into my hotel room beside Lake Garda just as the dancing starts back in Glasgow. :sigh:

Tiggerbabe
9th-August-2006, 09:32 AM
I'll be settling into my hotel room beside Lake Garda just as the dancing starts back in Glasgow. :sigh:
*slap* (oh, and have a nice time :na: )

CJ
9th-August-2006, 11:49 AM
I'll be there.:D

Saving Il Duco's poor wee legs.:rolleyes:

(You'll all know my guests for the eve?!?:clap: :yum: :clap: :yum: :clap: )

Freya
9th-August-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be there.:D :clap: :clap:

(You'll all know my guests for the eve?!?:clap: :yum: :clap: :yum: :clap: )
Eh?????:confused: I'm having a blonde moment!!!

Aleks
9th-August-2006, 12:00 PM
Will have to steal you away from Dazzler for at least one wiggly dance! :wink:

I'm looking forwrad to some more Supreme Wiggling moments..:cool:.

Freya
9th-August-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm looking forwrad to some more Supreme Wiggling moments..:cool:.
:rofl::rofl: :waycool:

Tinkerbell
9th-August-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm going too :clap: not been to a Glasgow party for ages, so looking forward to a good night :D

Don't think I've met you before Dazzler - I'll get Claire S to point you out and grab you for a dance :nice:

See you all there :flower:

Claire S
9th-August-2006, 02:23 PM
Cant thank the guy enough for making it possible for me to get great dances with people like you and claire S :respect: :blush: (we need a better blushing smiley!)

I'm pretty sure she'll be there too! :clap: :clap:Oh yes!!

Don't think I've met you before Dazzler - I'll get Claire S to point you out and grab you for a dance :nice: :I'll point him out Tinkerbell, he's well worth grabbing for a dance :D

cms
9th-August-2006, 04:56 PM
Im coming too!!!:clap:

looking fwd to seeing all you lovely people from all over the country again for some fab dances! :flower:

C xx

Dazzler
9th-August-2006, 07:16 PM
I'll point him out Tinkerbell, he's well worth grabbing for a dance :D

:blush: Shucks! well thanks.... and tinkerbell i look forward to meeting you and anyone else i have not had the pleasure of dancing with.

Hope you can make it freya :wink:

Who is going tiggerbabe?

I cant wait it sounds like its gonna be a great night...finally put some more faces to forum names :grin:

Freya
9th-August-2006, 07:18 PM
Hope you can make it freya :wink:

Why thanx hun! not coming down with my mum any more but might come for the hell of it!

Beowulf
9th-August-2006, 07:50 PM
who is all intending going to the glasgow party on saturday night

'Friad not.. I'm going down to Edinburgh this weekend but not stopping there , it's just a stepping stone for a longer journey. Won't be back for a week.

Maybe the next party. Pity Aberdeen isn't having any.. a bit unfair that we all have to travel down south for our party fixes. :sad:

Chicklet
10th-August-2006, 02:35 AM
I'd be there but, dash it, I'll be settling into my hotel room beside Lake Garda just as the dancing starts back in Glasgow. :sigh:
I might manage to wave at y'all from the top of Penang Hill.....

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
10th-August-2006, 04:22 AM
Why must everything happen this weekend?! A Ceroc party, A birthday party and a gig all in the same evening! I dunno wot i'm gonna do, i'm off to bed. xxxx

Dave Hancock
10th-August-2006, 08:35 AM
No matter, with some fab dancers from across Scotland and up from London, and a couple of quality DJs, it's guaranteed to be a good night. :)
Who is coming up from London??

ducasi
10th-August-2006, 09:09 AM
Tessalicious and her mum (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9227). :)

PJH
10th-August-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm coming along to the GUU:grin: , which seem miles from home- another Londoner, but it also seem like miles as I'm cycling coast to coast. I'm not sure how much dancing I'll be doing as cycling as well on Saturday. If anyone might have a pair of size 10 dance shoes they might want to lend us for the evening that would be great, as I've only got trainers at the mo.

WittyBird
11th-August-2006, 08:34 AM

Looking for a flight at the moment :grin:

ducasi
11th-August-2006, 09:32 AM
Looking for a flight at the moment :grin:
If you're willing to slum it with the common masses, a return ticket on the train will cost only 94 quid... :) (First class is a little bit more expensive...)

WittyBird
11th-August-2006, 09:39 AM
If you're willing to slum it with the common masses, a return ticket on the train will cost only 94 quid... :) (First class is a little bit more expensive...)

How long does it take? Will I have chickens and livestock in the same carriage? :confused:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-August-2006, 09:47 AM
How long does it take? Will I have chickens and livestock in the same carriage? :confused:

surely you can just leave them on the farm? :confused:

WittyBird
11th-August-2006, 10:01 AM
surely you can just leave them on the farm? :confused:

Oh ha de ha :rolleyes:

stewart38
11th-August-2006, 10:03 AM

Thats just my smell , now get me a spray :grin:

ducasi
11th-August-2006, 10:56 AM
About 5½ hours.

Don't remember seeing any farm animals last time I was on the London train, but I do advise you to sit away from the toilets (http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_objectid=17515065&method=full&siteid=50061&headline=rail-passengers-kick-up-a-stink-over-sewage-smell-name_page.html)! :sick:

Dorothy
11th-August-2006, 03:17 PM
more like 4 and a half.......
the toilets are AWFUL especially on Virgin trains

Dazzler
11th-August-2006, 08:28 PM
Maybe the next party. Pity Aberdeen isn't having any.. a bit unfair that we all have to travel down south for our party fixes. :sad:

Hey think how we feel in inverness !!!! :rofl:

We are so far out of the way only the dreamiest hardcore dancers visit us in the hills!..lol.(yeah i mean freya and piglet of course :wink: )

On a serious note though..traveling aint that bad considering the great venues and dancers :grin:

I cant wait!!! :clap::clap: :cheers: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
11th-August-2006, 08:38 PM
Aberdeen are having a tea-dance on Sunday 20th August :D

Plus, Stefano and Alexandra are coming up for the Beach Ballroom weekend in November :respect:

Dazzler
11th-August-2006, 08:39 PM
Nice plug i must say :clap:

Can anyone tell i am bored :confused: