Discuss

:nice:

straycat
4th-August-2006, 05:34 PM
Who are they?

jiveaddicted
4th-August-2006, 05:37 PM
Who are they?

They are the WCS Teachers from the last 2 june southports both performed for the cabaret both were fantastic but im just curious as to peoples opinions on them.

jammy
4th-August-2006, 06:15 PM
i thought they were both amazing but i voted for jordan and tatiana because they just made me go :eek: wow

iv done a few of there classes but never made it to Robert & Deborahs classes

but i thought that jordan and tatiana were amazin teachers and the preformance was amazin at southport and all the video clips i have seen on the web

jammy

David Bailey
4th-August-2006, 06:48 PM
Where's the "Didn't do much for me" option? :devil:

jiveaddicted
4th-August-2006, 06:52 PM
how can you say such a thing!!!

David Bailey
4th-August-2006, 06:58 PM
how can you say such a thing!!!
Easy :)

Well, where is it? :devil:

jiveaddicted
4th-August-2006, 07:02 PM
i couldnt put that in tho i am a complete Jordan & Tatiana obsessive and cant see how anybody cannot love them sad i know. tho do u have a favorite performance by anybody?

littlewiggle
4th-August-2006, 08:05 PM
I voted Robert and Deborah - probably swayed tho by how lovely they were. I felt they really made an effort to mingle, danced with anyone who asked them and were great fun with it.

DJ Andy
5th-August-2006, 12:07 AM
For anyone who's not seen Jordan and Tatiana in action there's a video clip of their winning performance at 2006 San Diego comp. @www.swingdiego.com/results .
follow links,->archives, ->2006 results.
Hope this helps!:nice:
DJAndy

foxylady
5th-August-2006, 11:55 AM
I voted Robert and Deborah - probably swayed tho by how lovely they were. I felt they really made an effort to mingle, danced with anyone who asked them and were great fun with it.

I have to agree that R & D were so friendly and such lovely people. They really did make a huge effort. I loved dancing with Robert, and learnt a huge amount from my lesson with him. J & T however, in their cabaret performance, were awesome.

Foxy

robd
5th-August-2006, 01:01 PM
It's much to my regret that I haven't seen J&T's Southport performance (though I think if I had gone to Southport at that stage I may well have been too intimidated ever to have gone back ) but I did enjoy R&D's cabaret, particularly the first one which is said to have been freestyled, rather than choreographed. I was also very impressed with how much social dancing the pair of them did, in stark contrast to some other teachers.

Robert's perma-smile did unnerve me at some points though :na:

Trousers
5th-August-2006, 01:55 PM
Who are they?
Where is southport?

Rhythm King
5th-August-2006, 06:06 PM
Where's the "Didn't do much for me" option?

Says a man who's idea of dance perfection is to walk as slowly as possible around a room, while listening to dodgy Argentinian music, and sometimes even in time with it. :rolleyes: :na:

Rhythm King
5th-August-2006, 06:08 PM
Much as I enjoy R&C's teaching and liked their cabaret, J&T were just sensational and I'm looking forward to seeing them again next June. Meanwhile I'm wondering what Benji Schwimmer is going to pull out of the hat for us, in September...

David Bailey
5th-August-2006, 06:18 PM
Says a man who's idea of dance perfection is to walk as slowly as possible around a room, while listening to dodgy Argentinian music, and sometimes even in time with it. :rolleyes: :na:
Absolutely. Spot on, that man.

What's wrong with that? :confused:

Rhythm King
5th-August-2006, 06:23 PM
Absolutely. Spot on, that man.

What's wrong with that? :confused:
The fact that you waffle about it endlessly afterwards, for starters!:wink:

Dave Hancock
6th-August-2006, 11:04 AM
:yeah: :yeah:
I'd have to agree that Robert & Deborah made a huge effort and were out every night to the wee small hours and they have been saying to folk back in the States how much they enjoyed it. HOpefully they'll be back next Sept at Southport as has been rumoured as they are great fun.

However as far as performance goes, I've had to vote J&T as they were just outstanding and really owned the music.:worthy: :worthy:

Dance Demon
6th-August-2006, 11:47 AM
I'd have to agree that Robert & Deborah made a huge effort and were out every night to the wee small hours and they have been saying to folk back in the States how much they enjoyed it. HOpefully they'll be back next Sept at Southport as has been rumoured as they are great fun.

However as far as performance goes, I've had to vote J&T as they were just outstanding and really owned the music.:worthy: :worthy:

Hit the nail on the head Dave...:yeah:

Caro
6th-August-2006, 12:19 PM
Meanwhile I'm wondering what Benji Schwimmer is going to pull out of the hat for us, in September...

I was told he might have to cancel because of his show in the US? apparently they are supposed to go on a tour.... now don't want to spread rumours either :innocent: , but I guess that's a possibility... :sad:

Rhythm King
6th-August-2006, 03:09 PM
I had heard that too, but still have my fingers crossed. Looking at US teachers, I know J&T and R&D are busy that weekend, so they won't be able to substitute at short notice. Can't find Parker Dearborn and Jessica Cox's schedule, but they would be on a par, if free. They are the couple I'm most looking forward to seeing over here next (hint, hint :waycool: ). If not, then there's Steve Neeren, from New York. I'm sure Angelblue would demo for him :wink:

Incidentally, in two years time, Benji's younger sister will hit the competitive scene. Apparently she's shaping up to be the best, so far...

Yogi_Bear
7th-August-2006, 01:02 PM
Unfair to have to choose.....both couples amazing in some many ways and so approachable too.....
Though I haven't seen any of R&D's videos, on the basis of some incredible video clips on their web site I would have to plump for J&T on technical virtuosity.....

stewart38
7th-August-2006, 02:11 PM
Where's the "Didn't do much for me" option? :devil:

Cant do that as you will get -ve rep :sad:

straycat
7th-August-2006, 02:16 PM
Where is southport?

Here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.6461&lon=-3.0097&scale=100000&icon=x).
Now you can answer my question? :whistle:

(PS - for once, I wasn't being facetious - I truly knew nothing about these guys)

johnah
7th-August-2006, 04:04 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Robert & Deborah WILL be back in September 2007.

johnah
7th-August-2006, 04:32 PM
I was told he might have to cancel because of his show in the US? apparently they are supposed to go on a tour.... now don't want to spread rumours either :innocent: , but I guess that's a possibility... :sad:

By whom?

Our contract with Benji has been in place for a long time and we were only in touch with him a couple of weeks ago when he told us that he and Heidi were so looking forward to Southport. :yeah:

DianaS
7th-August-2006, 04:38 PM
Hmm there's so much talent out there! Its good to see different faces rather than the same ones -

David Franklin
7th-August-2006, 04:45 PM
By whom?Fox Television, I suspect. From the FOX "So You Think You Can Dance?" website (http://www.fox.com/dance/showinfo/tour.htm):

For the first time ever, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE will be hitting the road in September! See your favorite dancers in person. The tour will go on sale on the weekend of August 12th. Check back here for the official SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE tour info updates.
Specifically, during the Southport weekend (15th-18th September) there are tour dates in California and Arizona.

On the other hand, I don't know how contractually obliged Benji and Heidi are, and there's a fair bit of speculation they may decide they prefer the WCS world to the delights of SYTYCD and a Celine Dion tour... :sick:

Dorothy
9th-August-2006, 04:58 PM
Rob & Deb are amazing dancers, I love their style. Only seen Tatiana and Jordan via video clips and they are also mind-blowingly wonderful.

Minnie M
9th-August-2006, 06:53 PM
I have to agree that R & D were so friendly and such lovely people. They really did make a huge effort. I loved dancing with Robert........ J & T however, in their cabaret performance, were awesome.

Foxy
:yeah: :clap: :worthy: :respect:

Rhythm King
10th-August-2006, 12:41 AM
Rob & Deb are amazing dancers
Wouldn't like to be within 100m of you, if you called her that to her face - might get caught up as collateral damage!:whistle: