PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang WSM 18th and 19th August

littlewiggle
3rd-August-2006, 05:59 PM
Got two tickets but not sure if I can make it yet. Wondered how popular this event is?

ElaineB
3rd-August-2006, 06:48 PM
Well if it's any use to you, myself and Simon are going and I know some other forum member are as well, but I'll leave it to them to put there names up!

Elaine

JonD
3rd-August-2006, 07:15 PM
Julie, Ann and I are going. The last one was great!

under par
3rd-August-2006, 07:26 PM
As a lover of freestyle dancing I attended the last BB just for the 6 and half hours freestyle on the Saturday night.

Well worth the three hour drive each way.

It was so worth it.:yeah:

There are 2 rooms! :yeah:

Loads of great dancers so many great teachers letting their hair down.

Top DJs and magic music.

This time there is an extra night of freestyle to add to the usual high quality classes during the Saturday day time. (Which i rarely get to at weekenders!)

So Mrs Par have decided to come down and stay over Friday night .

For an addict like me the freestyle was enough last time add in all the classes and extra night of freestyle its a must for me.:cheers:

See you there.:cheers:

LadyMarmalade
3rd-August-2006, 07:59 PM
Where / what is this Big Bang thing please?

Msfab
3rd-August-2006, 08:26 PM
Where / what is this Big Bang thing please?

The Big bang is 2 evenings of freetsyle and a day of workshops held at the winter gardens in Weston super mare (near Bristol). Its a jive addiction event. Ive never been to the event itself but the venue is lovely! Hope that helps.

ElaineB
3rd-August-2006, 09:09 PM
Also there is a car park next doorish, which was really cheap last time, as John and Wes obtained special discounts for attendees. :flower: I will check and see if that is still part of the deal.

Elaine

fletch
3rd-August-2006, 09:40 PM
I have sent off for my tickets but I haven't heard if I have been successful,:rolleyes: does any one know if its a sell out for ladies?:confused:

johnah
4th-August-2006, 02:18 PM
Also there is a car park next doorish, which was really cheap last time, as John and Wes obtained special discounts for attendees. :flower: I will check and see if that is still part of the deal.

Elaine

:tears: sadly Elaine, they've not been so co-operative this time around and we don't recommend dancers use it. It will be expensive. However, a little further [and not too far] along the seafront from the Winter Gardens is the Melrose Car Park, and we suggest dancers use this. Directions will be sent out with tickets.

:cheers:

johnah
4th-August-2006, 02:23 PM
I have sent off for my tickets but I haven't heard if I have been successful,:rolleyes: does any one know if its a sell out for ladies?:confused:

As if you wouldn't be fletch :hug: There's loads of dance floor space at the Winter Gardens and open to all. Dancers can also pay on the door too for just the freestyles on Friday and/or Saturday, and also the classes on Saturday too.

See www.jiveaddiction.com for full details

philsmove
4th-August-2006, 04:16 PM
There's loads of dance floor space at the Winter Gardens

:yeah:

One of the great things last year, the ball roon was completely clear of tables, which meant there was massive of space

jiveaddicted
4th-August-2006, 05:34 PM
Im going Only 2 weeks to go :nice: cannot wait any idea's as to what the classes are going to be?

littlewiggle
4th-August-2006, 07:56 PM
Do you think a non-dancer could tag along - or would they be extremely bored? I assume there must be some nice places to sit and just admire us fabby dancers :D I have to praise myself from time to time...... nobody else does! :rolleyes:

jiveaddicted
4th-August-2006, 08:05 PM
take a non dancer with you by the end of the day they will have tried it and loved it so couldnt be bored

WittyBird
6th-August-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm going :clap: Just got confirmation :really:
Can't wait

Georgious dancer
6th-August-2006, 11:49 AM
Looks like I shall be going to BB now!:clap:

fletch
6th-August-2006, 03:06 PM
Watch out Weston looks like all the party girls will be there:clap:

under par
6th-August-2006, 03:46 PM
Watch out Weston looks like all the party girls will be there:clap:

#cough# and boys !!!

Georgious dancer
6th-August-2006, 06:31 PM
Won't be leaving London till around sixish but will hopefully make it for the last bit of the freestyle on Friday night!

And if work is as manic as usual I will certainly be ready to party party party!

stewart38
6th-August-2006, 07:06 PM
If i go who will give me a lift ???

first 12 that PM me , ill pick at random :grin:

fletch
7th-August-2006, 08:45 AM
#cough# and boys !!!

Good we need someone to play with :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rhythm King
7th-August-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm planning to be there, but you'll all have to be gentle with me!:what:

Georgious dancer
7th-August-2006, 08:31 PM
Good we need someone to play with :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We certainly do - can I book my dance now please UP?

I'm planning to be there, but you'll all have to be gentle with me!

Don't worry girlies I will wrap him in cotton wool for the journey and drive very carefully so that he arrives safely in one piece ready to dance the weekend away!:hug:

under par
7th-August-2006, 09:14 PM
We certainly do - can I book my dance now please UP?

:

Yes. :flower: Sorted.:yeah: My pleasure Ma'am.:D :hug:

ducasi
7th-August-2006, 10:13 PM
Hmm... Just looked at the price of a rail ticket. :really: :eek: :tears:

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 10:32 AM
Hmm... Just looked at the price of a rail ticket. :really: :eek: :tears:

Is it expensive? I am going on the 6-30pm from Paddington to WSM due to arrive around 8-45

onkar
8th-August-2006, 10:47 AM
I quite fancy going to this. Is there anyone in the Cambridge/N.Herts area that is going that would like to car share?

Onkar

ducasi
8th-August-2006, 10:49 AM
Is it expensive? I am going on the 6-30pm from Paddington to WSM due to arrive around 8-45
It was about £130 return. That's more than the accommodation and event would cost!

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 10:51 AM
It was about £130 return. That's more than the accommodation and event would cost!

That's good! I think mine is £103 :eek: And that's single

Cruella
8th-August-2006, 10:55 AM
You've more money than sense! Surely there is someone you can travel across with and share petrol costs. Why aren't you driving?

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 10:58 AM
Surely there is someone you can travel across with and share petrol costs. Why aren't you driving?

Because I don't finish work in town until 5-30PM by the time I have got home its 6-30ish then a 3 hour drive :eek:

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 11:11 AM
Because I don't finish work in town until 5-30PM by the time I have got home its 6-30ish then a 3 hour drive :eek:
And how long will it take on the train, along with getting to and from the stations and carrying luggage and possibly not getting seat (in spite of having a reservation :rolleyes: ) etc etc...?

Dizzy
8th-August-2006, 11:14 AM

£103!!! :eek: Single!! :eek:

ok, was considering going but maybe not unless I can get a lift.

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 11:17 AM
And how long will it take on the train, along with getting to and from the stations and carrying luggage and possibly not getting seat (in spite of having a reservation :rolleyes: ) etc etc...?

Work 2 mins from Liverpool St Station take Circle line to Paddington 12 mins
I always travel light :innocent: and the journey is 2:15 and I don't think First Class is likely to be standing room only :rolleyes:

Msfab
8th-August-2006, 11:17 AM

Witty is being positive and then you go and throw up these scenarios!:whistle:

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes but if the posh "*insert derogatory, but friendly insult of choice*" is going First Class, she's no room to complain about the price :devil:

(Do you think I'm in an ODA mood today? :whistle: )

Cruella
8th-August-2006, 11:23 AM
I'll be interested to know if this event is actually going to pay for itself. Most people i know that are going, have the free tickets that were sent out with the DVDs. I think it was very generous of JiveAddiction to do this but wonder if they are going to feel the losses quite considerably. Although it could be looked at another way, with all the people going that wouldn't have gone without the free tickets, it will make it a busy and more social weekend therefore promoting the next Big bang.
Just wish i could be there too.:sad:

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes but if the posh "*B1tch*" is going First Class, she's no room to complain about the price :devil:

I wasn't complaining about the price :rofl:
As MsFab said I was being positive :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
8th-August-2006, 11:28 AM
I wasn't complaining about the price :rofl:
As MsFab said I was being positive :rolleyes:
Just stirring - luv ya really - Mwah!

So aren't you coming back then?......

WittyBird
8th-August-2006, 11:32 AM
So aren't you coming back then?......

That's just wishful thinking RK :rofl: I will be driving back with FLetch after the Saturday freestyle in time for a little sleep before the boat on Sunday - see I am so organised :D

Not that I've booked the train or the hotel yet :rofl:

ducasi
8th-August-2006, 11:43 AM
... First Class ...
First class single from Glasgow is £131 – so yeah, £103 from London is pretty expensive.

SilverFox
8th-August-2006, 11:52 AM
You can get a single for only £20.50 or £72.00 for a neat seat.

Ickle Chick'n
8th-August-2006, 01:24 PM
Go to nationalrail.co.uk and, if you're not a posh bird like witty :flower: you can get 2 single tickets for from London Pad to Weston for £15.50 each at the mo, if you put in returns it's about £120 odd, go figure...?!:confused: :rolleyes:

I haven't checked singles instead of returns for you Ducasi but you never know...come play!

:flower: :clap:

frodo
8th-August-2006, 10:01 PM

Not that I've booked the train or the hotel yet :rofl:
Prebooked, if you're sure you can make the 18:30 peak train from Paddington a 1st class business single is currently airline style is currently £56.00 (I understand being 'business' you can get this refunded less admin fee if you decide not to travel so it seems a good deal ).

These pre-booked prices tends to rise towards the day, and (if tickets are remaining) can be bought up to 6pm the preceding day.

If you decide to buy a ticket on the day you can save a small amount of money for that train ( 31.90+57.50=89.40 instead of 103) by buying a ticket from London to Didcot and a second one from Didcot to Weston. (You can do this because the train stops at Didcot - you don't have to get off).

If you do decide to slum it in standard class, this train may not be as busy as the next one because it is the last before the peak ends.

There are no pre-booked tickets available for standard class ( if there ever was ), but the cheapest way is probably to buy an 18:80 standard day single to Didcot (12:60 with a network card), a 13:40 cheap day single from Didcot to Bristol, and a 4:60 standard day single from Bristol to Weston Super Mare, which comes to 30.60 with network card, or 36.80 without, compared with 66.00 for a walk up standard open single.

SilverFox
8th-August-2006, 11:25 PM
Prebooked, if you're sure you can make the 18:30 peak train from Paddington a 1st class business single is currently airline style is currently £56.00 (I understand being 'business' you can get this refunded less admin fee if you decide not to travel so it seems a good deal ).

These pre-booked prices tends to rise towards the day, and (if tickets are remaining) can be bought up to 6pm the preceding day.

If you decide to buy a ticket on the day you can save a small amount of money for that train ( 31.90+57.50=89.40 instead of 103) by buying a ticket from London to Didcot and a second one from Didcot to Weston. (You can do this because the train stops at Didcot - you don't have to get off).

If you do decide to slum it in standard class, this train may not be as busy as the next one because it is the last before the peak ends.

There are no pre-booked tickets available for standard class ( if there ever was ), but the cheapest way is probably to buy an 18:80 standard day single to Didcot (12:60 with a network card), a 13:40 cheap day single from Didcot to Bristol, and a 4:60 standard day single from Bristol to Weston Super Mare, which comes to 30.60 with network card, or 36.80 without, compared with 66.00 for a walk up standard open single.Do you work for National Rail Enquiries Frodo?:sick: :sick:

I wondered because all that over complicated and misleading tosh, designed to confuse the hell out of us ordinary folk, is what they're highly skilled at dishing out.

As I said before, a standard class single is available for only £20.50. No changes, no split tickets, no railcards, no nonsense. :D

The only 'via' you'd have to do Witty, is via the pub for a few large rosés before you board, as the train leaves at 7.30pm. Chin chin!:cheers:

fletch
9th-August-2006, 09:32 AM
The only 'via' you'd have to do Witty, is via the pub for a few large rosés before you board, as the train leaves at 7.30pm. Chin chin!:cheers:

He taking his life in his hands :D

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 09:35 AM
He taking his life in his hands :D
Probably not his life!:whistle:

frodo
9th-August-2006, 10:52 PM
Do you work for National Rail Enquiries Frodo?:sick: :sick:

I wondered because all that over complicated and misleading tosh, designed to confuse the hell out of us ordinary folk, is what they're highly skilled at dishing out.
Why do you think it is misleading ?

The post you reacted to, seems IMO just about sufficiently complex to cover the most significant issues regarding what it need cost get the 18:30 train from Paddington.

It isn't always a good idea to to heavily simplify, or not to include qualifications when offering information to someone you don't know, or which anyone reading may pick up on.

It was unclear to me what your earlier post was talking about; prebooked tickets for later in the evening get progressively cheaper, but the more expensive £72.00 :confused:.

WittyBird
9th-August-2006, 11:06 PM
Probably not his life!:whistle:

eh? :rolleyes: Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!

under par
14th-August-2006, 10:28 AM
Not long now folks 4 little days left till Big Bang.... I am really looking forward to loads of freestyling, a whole 6 and a half hours on Sat night + theres 2 rooms as well .:cheers:

See you all there...:yeah: :yeah:

ducasi
14th-August-2006, 12:36 PM
Hypothetically, can anyone suggest a hotel that isn't already booked up? :flower:

(Within walking distance of the Winter Gardens. :))

marty_baby
14th-August-2006, 01:44 PM
Hiya all,

I'm really looking fwd to it! :clap:

Do they hand out the timetables friday night? I'd really like to know how early I'd have to wwake up for Sat.... :na:

Martin :hug:

PS:
Has anyone got their Tickets yet for this??
(I did post my request 2 Fridays ago.... )

fletch
14th-August-2006, 02:18 PM
Hiya all,

I'm really looking fwd to it! :clap:

Do they hand out the timetables friday night? I'd really like to know how early I'd have to wwake up for Sat.... :na:

Martin :hug:

PS:
Has anyone got their Tickets yet for this??
(I did post my request 2 Fridays ago.... )

Mine came to day,and we could stop up all night that would solve that one problem :D

marty_baby
14th-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Mine came to day,and we could stop up all night that would solve that one problem :D

Is that "stay up" all night? :nice:
....ah.... that'll be Saturday night! :D

Friday will be a "turn up and leave early jobbie" - so We're fresh for the workshops on Sat! :clap:

couple questions:
1. Did the Tickets come with anymore info on the weekend?
2. Is the NCP next door really at a discounted rate???

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 02:38 PM
Hypothetically, can anyone suggest a hotel that isn't already booked up? :flower:

does anyone know of any most ive tried are booked

sod the cost

clevedonboy
14th-August-2006, 03:14 PM
Have you tried laterooms.com and smoothhound.co.uk?

philsmove
14th-August-2006, 03:14 PM

The Royal 01934423100 it is fairly expensive, but it is next door and parking is free

ducasi
14th-August-2006, 03:22 PM
does anyone know of any most ive tried are booked

sod the cost
If only "most" you've tried are booked, which ones aren't? :)

stewart38
14th-August-2006, 03:23 PM
If only "most" you've tried are booked, which ones aren't? :)

:grin:

Im not wanted so probably wont go :tears:

WittyBird
14th-August-2006, 03:25 PM
:grin:

Im not wanted so probably wont go :tears:

*** grow up

ducasi
14th-August-2006, 03:42 PM
Folks still looking for rooms might want to try the Queenswood Hotel, 01934 416141. :)

Georgious dancer
14th-August-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes 4 days to go and my boss is now asking at least 4 times a day rather than once every couple of days if I still have to leave early on Friday - Hmmm now let me think about that for a while................

YES!

Some people will just never understand!

Getting excited now, looking forward to getting out of London for the weekend and spending it dancing with all you guys!

Tazmanian Devil
14th-August-2006, 07:54 PM
It's not fair I want to come play :sad: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Roll on SP :grin:

johnah
15th-August-2006, 01:23 PM
couple questions:
1. Did the Tickets come with anymore info on the weekend?
2. Is the NCP next door really at a discounted rate???

Yes, the class schedule was sent out with the tickets, but you can pick up on Saturday morning too.

We suggest you don't use the Sovereign Centre Car Park next to the Winter Gardens. It is expensive, and the owners have not been co-operative this time around:tears: Use the Melrose Car Park on the seafront just past the Mentone Hotel, about 300 metres from the front of the Winter Gardens Pavilion.:cheers:

Marc Forster
15th-August-2006, 01:46 PM
We have the D.J. rota through.

Friday
8 -10.... Wes
10 -12... Roger
12 -2.30.. Marc

Saturday
Main Room
8 -9.30 Jon Brett
9.30 -11 Rob Ambridge
11 -12.30 Roger Chin
12.30 - 2.30 Marc Forster

Blues Room
9.30 -11 Nelson Rose
11 -12.30 Marc Forster
12.30 - 2.30 Jon Brett

SilverFox
15th-August-2006, 01:58 PM
Is there no blues room on the Friday night then? :sad:

Simon
15th-August-2006, 02:25 PM
We have the D.J. rota through.

Friday
8 -10.... Wes
10 -12... Roger
12 -2.30.. Marc

Saturday
Main Room
8 -9.30 Jon Brett
9.30 -11 Rob Ambridge
11 -12.30 Roger Chin
12.30 - 2.30 Marc Forster

Blues Room
9.30 -11 Nelson Rose
11 -12.30 Marc Forster
12.30 - 2.30 Jon Brett
At the last Big Bang it seemed (to me, at least) that the most frequently played style of music during the freestyles was latin. Can we have more balance this time, please, Guys? :flower: I'd particularly like some WCS-able tracks so that some dancers can practice what'll be taught by Paul and Cat during the day. :cheers:

Msfab
15th-August-2006, 03:20 PM
:flower: I'd particularly like some WCS-able tracks so that some dancers can practice what'll be taught by Paul and Cat during the day. :cheers:

WARNING SNOB ALERT!:yeah:

Oh I dont mind a bit of tango music thrown in too:innocent:

robd
15th-August-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh I dont mind a bit of tango music thrown in too:innocent:

Provided there are people there who can do Tango, of course.

Msfab
15th-August-2006, 04:12 PM
Provided there are people there who can do Tango, of course.

How do you know unless you try playing some?:devil:

Simon
15th-August-2006, 04:49 PM
WARNING SNOB ALERT!:yeah:

Oh I dont mind a bit of tango music thrown in too:innocent:Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" thrown into the mix would also help for when I'm wrestling, I mean dancing with MsFab. :wink: :wink:

marty_baby
17th-August-2006, 03:44 PM
This has come around quickly!

I'm really looking forward to this :clap:
Top DJs, Fab Venue, oodles of nice dancers... heaven!

Must try to have a relatively early night on Fri - So we are bright eyed ready for the Sat's workshops :nice:

Sat night tho - will try to keep going all night! :D

It is the weirdiest going into this Winter Gardens place sober - Clifton Leroc always arranges our xmas black tie dinner and dance at this venue - so we are always tipsy by the time we are seated in the main hall...

stewart38
17th-August-2006, 04:23 PM
Can you get tickets on the door . friday or saturday ?? :nice:

johnah
17th-August-2006, 04:25 PM
Can you get tickets on the door . friday or saturday ?? :nice:

You can Stewart.:cheers:

stewart38
17th-August-2006, 07:38 PM
You can Stewart.:cheers:

Trained booked, Hotel booked , taxi to be booked

Ill be there , sorry re gender balance if this encourages a influx of ladies :sad:

WittyBird
17th-August-2006, 07:43 PM
Trained booked, Hotel booked , taxi to be booked

Ill be there , sorry re gender balance if this encourages a influx of ladies :sad:

Im off to Cheshunt first then to Ashtons :D Can't wait :clap:

ducasi
17th-August-2006, 09:37 PM
:D Yes, it's true! I'm coming to the Big Bang! :D

ducasi
18th-August-2006, 09:00 AM
:eek: Thunderstorms are forecast for tonight and tomorrow night! :cool:

philsmove
18th-August-2006, 09:52 AM
:eek: Thunderstorms are forecast for tonight and tomorrow night! :cool:

We had some very Big Bangs in Bristol Last Night:cheers:

WittyBird
18th-August-2006, 10:02 AM
We had some very Big Bangs in Bristol Last Night:cheers:

I think you should stop bragging, your turning into SilverFox :wink:

ducasi
18th-August-2006, 11:17 AM
:D Yes, it's true! I'm coming to the Big Bang! :D
I'm just got my ticket too! :clap:

See you in WSM! :D

philsmove
18th-August-2006, 12:45 PM
So which classes are people doing

For me Amir & Cat’s Jango is a must

Adam and Tas Hip hop should be fun

& And if I have any energy left Nelson & Karen Baby Aerials

PS for the WCS addicts Paul & Cat are doing 3 classes

marty_baby
18th-August-2006, 02:19 PM

Its got to be Jango_baby! :D

Whats this "Rockin Jive" and "Triples" tho??? I hear that Adam and Tonia are latin based...

Adam and Tas's classes look look up my street as well this time around :na:

Really looking fwd to this weekend!.. and its just down the road from Bristol...
I'll sleep on Sunday I suppose :D

Martin :clap:

Alice
18th-August-2006, 02:25 PM

For me Amir & Cat’s Jango is a must

Adam and Tas Hip hop should be fun

& And if I have any energy left Nelson & Karen Baby Aerials

PS for the WCS addicts Paul & Cat are doing 3 classes
Better watch out for all those snooty WCS dancers then.... :whistle: :whistle:
:wink:

fletch
20th-August-2006, 10:49 AM
wow

Another Fab event by John and Wes

Back at the Witty1's gettig ready for The Persedent :what: :clap:

I had my best dances on the Friday night, with a wonderfull 'chachacha' with marti-baby :worthy:

I didn't manage any lessons:blush: but some fab socialising with people I hadn't seen for ages and people I met at Beach Boogie, :hug:

The DJ's did a 'bostin' job :respect:

This will be in my diary for next year :cheers:

Special thanks to Marc and Racheal and Rob Ambridge for letting me and WB get ready in there Hotel room :flower:

I will post photo's later in the week :waycool:

ElaineB
20th-August-2006, 12:14 PM
Simon and I went to the Friday night dance only. I had a wonderful, if decidedly steamy, time! The music was right up my street and I had some fabulous dance partners - thank you, you know who you are! :drool: :worthy: I think Simon enjoyed himself as well....:drool: :worthy:

Just one critiscism was the heat in the dance room. I think the organisers forgot to ask for the aircon to be put on, but did rectify it later.

Any feed back from the Saturday workshops?

Elaine

onkar
20th-August-2006, 06:03 PM
Was unsure of what to expect from this. My mate Dave Evans dragged me along, and all I can say to Dave & Wes

THANK YOU

Had a great time, great dancers, and plenty of space and on Saturday both rooms were lovely and cool. Music was great, lots of lovely dance with lots of new ladies as well as the usual suspects. Names are already blurring. Will definitely be attending future gatherings here.

The WCS classes were great, and in my personal opinion the best taught classes I have ever attended for any style of dance. Am hoping to book Cat for a WCS workshop in my area.

Cheers

Onkar

jammy
20th-August-2006, 06:12 PM
any pics anyone

ducasi
20th-August-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm just home from WSM! :D

I had a fabulous time! :clap:

Two great nights of dancing until 2.30am, a great set of DJs, some rather good workshops, and a fantastic collection of dancers. What could possibly be better? I'll tell you – all that with lots of forum friends there too!

It was really good to see so many folks from all over – it'd have been difficult travelling so far without knowing anyone otherwise.

There's a few who helped make the weekend especially good – one especially. Thank you. :flower: Looking forward to seeing you all in Southport. :hug: :kiss:

(I also know I managed to miss a few people I wanted to dance with last night – hope to catch up with you soon. :))

I'll write up some more on my blog, but a quick review of the workshops I went to...

I did all 3 of Paul & Cat's WCS workshops – I thought they were very good. Nicely pitched at a mostly inexperienced audience, but plenty for even those who know a thing or two to pick up on.

I also did Jango pt.1, which I really enjoyed – but missed the second to do the "Up Close and Personal" workshop. That was lots of fun. :D

If I have one complaint it's that there's not enough hours in the day to do all the workshops, have lunch and dinner and get to the dance in the evening at anywhere near 8pm. Please John & Wes – can we have the next Big Bang on a day with maybe 28 hours. :)

Couple of other things... I thought the cabaret performances were really good. But it's a shame there's not going to be a DVD of the workshops and performances. I noticed people making personal recordings through the day. If I'd know that there wasn't going to be a DVD and recording would be allowed, I'd have brought my video camera.

EDIT: Jammy, I've got a few pics in my camera – will try to get them posted a bit later.

SuzyQ
20th-August-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone - this is my first post ... :confused:

Wanted to say a big thank you to Dave and Wes - this was my first Jive Addiction event and I had an AMAZING weekend.

The workshops were fab - really enjoyed Nelson and Karen's jive toolkit (excellent for a 'new man' chick!) and rockin jive turned out to be fun routine!

Heard lots of great things about Paul and Cat's WCS lessons (only managed 1 myself) and lots of whispers about how great Adam and Taz are.

Had a fab time - lovely to catch up with lots of beach boogiers! Lots of great dances with some new friends (you know who you are but particularly Christopher and Adam) and some old ones too (in terms of friendship not age - don't take offence! - thinking of my old Bristol friends Simon and Graham).

For next year:
+ there is a fab restaurant called 'Hot' - 10 of us had a delicious meal and lots of giggles (sorry Steve D!)
- we will check re: places to stay next year - I cannot tell you how much you shouldn't stay at the amber lodge guest house ... think Faulty Towers without the humour!

Suzy

under par
20th-August-2006, 08:38 PM
Was unsure of what to expect from this. My mate Dave Evans dragged me along, and all I can say to Dave & Wes

[
Onkar

If you are referring to the organisers its actually John and Wes

littlewiggle
20th-August-2006, 08:40 PM

Yeah - but it's a standing joke at my local venue - if you don't know a guy's name, Dave is a pretty safe bet!

jammy
20th-August-2006, 08:44 PM

i was a bit :confused: when i saw dave i was thinkin wot happend to john

under par
20th-August-2006, 08:44 PM

Wanted to say a big thank you to Dave and Wes - this was my first Jive Addiction event and I had an AMAZING weekend.

Suzy

Welcome to the forum SuzyQ glad you enjoyed the Big Bang, Mrs Par and I had a great time freestyling and Mrs Par did her first WCS lesson with Ms Fab leading her (thanks lovely x x x)

Loads of great music :respect: , hours and hours of freestyle time WOW can't get enough of it can't wait till SP now.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re Dave and Wes Its actually JOHN and Wes you may have been mislead by Onkars post above.

Did we dance SuzyQ ???

SilverFox
20th-August-2006, 08:46 PM
:clap: :clap: That was such a top weekend! :clap: :clap:

I have never been to a freestyle or weekender and had dance after dance after dance with such amazing ladies. The quality & choice was quite simply :drool: :drool: . (sounds like a Waitrose commercial....)

Combined with such fab music (special :respect: to Marc Forster ) and a gorgeous venue made it a moist memorable two nights.

John & Wes, you guys really do have a knack for creating such wonderful events. Thank you. :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
20th-August-2006, 08:57 PM
a moist memorable two nights.
:wink: :whistle:

SuzyQ
20th-August-2006, 09:00 PM
Just keeping you all on your toes ... spot the deliberate copy - paste, sleep deprived error :)!

John is indeed alive and well ... don't worry everyone!

Sorry John - I am far too dizzy for my own good ... never been very good at names ... cringe - will try harder next time!

Am not the only name amnesic out there though - Under Par - we did dance ... we share the same distinguishing feature ... apart from our wit and intelligence :)!!

Suzy

under par
20th-August-2006, 09:20 PM
Am not the only name amnesic out there though - Under Par - we did dance ... we share the same distinguishing feature ... apart from our wit and intelligence :)!!

Suzy

Just checked out your User profile Suzy and realise how well we know each other:yum: didn't know your forum name....:what:

See you again soon:hug:

SilverFox
20th-August-2006, 09:32 PM
Under Par - we did dance ... we share the same distinguishing feature ... :really: You've got soggy trousers too?....:sick:

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:25 AM
Will post my review and the rest of the photo's and video clips when I have more energy :sick: 3 hours sleep all weekend plus helping out at Howard & Nicola's Blues workshop today and Berko tonite Im creamed :what:

JonD
21st-August-2006, 08:26 AM
It was great! I had more fun dancing MJ than I've had in a couple of years. The freestyles were excellent - brilliant music, watching inspiring couples on the floor and dancing with inventive, creative and playfull followers. Combine that with a couple of excellent classes, really good company and a fab meal on Saturday night and it doesn't get much better. It was a complete joy to dance with ElaineB, MsFab, Witty, Fletch, Saphire, Taz, many other friends from Devon and surrounds and a number of other ladies whose names I don't know and I'd never met before.

Julie, Ann and I had a great time. John and Wes did us proud - thank you for all your efforts.

fletch
21st-August-2006, 10:19 AM

I cannot tell you how much you shouldn't stay at the amber lodge guest house ... think Faulty Towers without the humour!

Suzy

Hey Suzy.........:clap: :clap: :clap:

your on :flower:

And I thought I was the tallest lady on the forum :nice: not any more :(

Gosh he was a misery wasn't he :sad:

See you soon keep posting :hug:

onkar
21st-August-2006, 12:11 PM

Yes of course I did mean John and Wes, just having memory failure from too much dancing.

Onkar

fletch
21st-August-2006, 12:18 PM
Was unsure of what to expect from this. My mate Dave Evans dragged me along,

lots of lovely dance with lots of new ladies as well as the usual suspects. Names are already blurring.

Onkar

Your mate Dave (is that his real name) :wink: does a loverly foot rub :waycool:

Don't tell me you have forgotten mine :eek:

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 12:19 PM
Gosh he was a misery wasn't he :sad:

Just don't mention the war :rofl:
He got right on my t1ts on Saturday morning

stewart38
21st-August-2006, 12:28 PM
Had a great time and made new friends :nice:

WSM nice place

Def do it again

Preferred Saturday as main hall was open and 'added' to the feel that you were dancing at 'winter gardens' and not a local ISH type room

The Queenswood Hotel may cost a little bit more but was close by and very nice

thanks for the lift back Fletch :flower:

fletch
21st-August-2006, 01:27 PM
Mr & Mrs under par

Rachel and Marc

me & WB

and Lovely Tom Backer
Ickel chicken and Spicey

fletch
21st-August-2006, 01:31 PM
Wes, me and Kev

ZW and Me

Silver Fox and 'G'

fletch
21st-August-2006, 01:44 PM
WB me and Rob Ambridge

Animal Talk and ? :blush:

Msfab and ZW is that a stocking top we can see ZW :wink:

fletch
21st-August-2006, 01:47 PM
Just don't mention the war :rofl:
He got right on my t1ts on Saturday morning

He was expecting a witty 1 :D no one had told him your not so witty befor 3 coffee's and two fags :what:

:rofl:

WittyBird
21st-August-2006, 01:57 PM
He was expecting a witty 1 :D no one had told him your not so witty befor 3 coffee's and two fags :what:

:rofl:

i'm not a morning person:rolleyes: I can't stand people yacking at me first thing

onkar
21st-August-2006, 02:41 PM
Your mate Dave (is that his real name) :wink: does a loverly foot rub :waycool:

Don't tell me you have forgotten mine :eek:

Hello Fletch

Dave is his real name. He always carries around a collection of foot and hand lotions, and I think he provided a few other ladies a foot massage as well. Will pass on your comments. I suggested to him he take booking in future!

Onkar

Georgious dancer
21st-August-2006, 07:00 PM
Animal Talk and ? :blush:

That's Lisa, she travelled down with Richard and me. She is one cool gal. She is a fantastic dancer from the states and does ballroom, wcs and lindy!

ducasi
21st-August-2006, 07:47 PM
That's Lisa ... She is one cool gal. She is a fantastic dancer from the states and does ballroom, wcs and lindy!
:yeah:

Fab MJ dancer too!

ducasi
21st-August-2006, 08:45 PM
I've put up some of the photos I took in the gallery.

Here's a link.... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=561)

Hope you like them!