PDA

View Full Version : I'll send an SOS to the world...

LMC
1st-August-2006, 09:22 PM
I hope that someone gets my message in a bottle (http://www.oceangram.com/)...

Strangely addictive!

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 09:06 AM
Cute!

You had any bottles back yet? How long did it take?

Should I have put my email address on it - or am I taking this a tad tooo seriously? :rofl:

LMC
2nd-August-2006, 09:11 AM
I had a couple last night which had to be from S. America 'cos they were in Spanish and one which was 'orrible, so I smashed it.

No way would I put an e-mail address on there :eek: - I sent out a whole load with "thoughts for today" type stuff on it, and one with a reference and my username for the forum I found that link posted on to see if anyone picks it up and tells me.

You get any?

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi LMC - was just about to post a great big fat NO!

When....

God, how exciting is it to see a bottle in the sea? (too sad I know!)

My bottles's message was:

I really love the Argos Clown pendants - anyone else agree they are really stylish??:rofl:

I'm gonna throw it back with my tuppence worth on...

Beowulf
2nd-August-2006, 09:14 AM
got a couple of really odd ones..

Sent some equally ODD ones back out too ;)

LMC
2nd-August-2006, 09:19 AM
I really love the Argos Clown pendants - anyone else agree they are really stylish??
:what: - definitely don't put your e-mail address on that one

I'm gonna throw it back with my tuppence worth on...
"Hello Essex girl" ?

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 09:24 AM
Wow! You are bringing me luck LMC - every time you post on here I seem to get a new bottle!

Now I can see the attraction with fishing - is it as exciting - staring at the water for ages and ages and then getting all excited cos you get a bite?

According to this bottle - it visited the same shore twice! In amongst visiting about 6 or 7 more...

bigdjiver
2nd-August-2006, 10:32 AM
Q. Why can't Miss Piggy count to 70?
A. She gets a frog in her throat at 69.

I did not smash that one, but I did another.

TiggsTours
2nd-August-2006, 10:41 AM
Am I the only person who can't get this thing to work!!!!

I've read all the instructions, about clicking on a bottle in the sand, and all that, all sounds very straight forward, but, WHAT BOTTLES? IN WHAT SAND? All I can see on the screen is a map of the world, but there are no links in it? Where are you all looking? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 10:48 AM
Try clicking a different bottle. One should activate.

Otherwise just wait for one to sail on in....:hug:

Aleks
2nd-August-2006, 10:49 AM
My message:

Anyone who reeds this has way too much time and should think about having a real life ;)But, no hard feelings... when you amuse yourself by watching a virtual sea that's fine for meGreetings,Jerre

I think I'll go find a real bottle and throw it into the water at Portobello beach instead....

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 10:53 AM
I think I'll go find a real bottle and throw it into the water at Portobello beach instead....
I like that idea too! I've given up cos I've just realised its just a further way for me to waste time when I should be doing other things. If anyone finds one of mine - signed Piglet, PM me please :hug:

Yliander
2nd-August-2006, 10:54 AM
Am I the only person who can't get this thing to work!!!!

I've read all the instructions, about clicking on a bottle in the sand, and all that, all sounds very straight forward, but, WHAT BOTTLES? IN WHAT SAND? All I can see on the screen is a map of the world, but there are no links in it? Where are you all looking? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I think you find if you look at the top of the page there is a message telling you to update your flash player

TiggsTours
2nd-August-2006, 10:55 AM
Try clicking a different bottle. One should activate.

Otherwise just wait for one to sail on in....:hug:
What bottle??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Where??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

There are no bottles, either on the sand or in the sea, on my screen!!!!!

In fact, there's no sand, and no sea!!!!!! Just a map of the world with lots of dots on it that does absolutely nothing!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 10:56 AM
What bottle?
Can you scroll up? If not - then I think Yliander has discovered your problem..

TiggsTours
2nd-August-2006, 11:03 AM
I think you find if you look at the top of the page there is a message telling you to update your java
Ah, yes, there is. Thank you.

I can't do that though, not allowed to do that sort of thing at work. Oh well, another game I can't join in on (bloomin' toe! :angry: fed up now :angry: blaming my toe for everything :angry: Please feel free to join in, if there is anything you are not happy with in life at the moment, please do blame it on my toe.)

littlewiggle
2nd-August-2006, 06:41 PM
Ah, yes, there is. Thank you.

I can't join in on (bloomin' toe! :angry: fed up now :angry: blaming my toe for everything :angry: Please feel free to join in, if there is anything you are not happy with in life at the moment, please do blame it on my toe.)

I've just cracked the shower tray - only dropped the shampoo bottle....your flippin' toe Tiggs!

WittyBird
2nd-August-2006, 06:50 PM
Wonder if anyone will get mine :rofl::whistle:

Minnie M
2nd-August-2006, 08:47 PM
How sad am I staring at a mock sea waiting for something I have no idea what will look like (does it look like a bottle) and reading a stupid message !!!

How long do you have to sit watching :tears:

littlewiggle
2nd-August-2006, 08:55 PM
How sad am I staring at a mock sea waiting for something I have no idea what will look like (does it look like a bottle) and reading a stupid message !!!

How long do you have to sit watching :tears:

Well I sent a message then waited what seemed like an age.....so I left pc on and did marathan ironing session - came back and lo and behold a bottle floated up with a message, uncorked itself and message came out telling me that I had received someone's first message and that i was lucky because they are really cool!

LMC
2nd-August-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, should have said sorry Minnie - you can leave it running in the background and go and do something more interesting (like catching up on the forum perhaps :innocent: ) and if a bottle arrives it will wait for you. If you happen to spot one, they are obvious. About the size of an oil tanker.

Beowulf
2nd-August-2006, 09:28 PM
that's odd.. a balloon just sailed across my screen !!

just after I sent my message. I've had about a dozen bottles arrive so far but this is my first balloon !

Yliander
2nd-August-2006, 09:41 PM
that's odd.. a balloon just sailed across my screen !!

just after I sent my message. I've had about a dozen bottles arrive so far but this is my first balloon !
I've had lots of balloons but no bottles

Minnie M
2nd-August-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, should have said sorry Minnie - you can leave it running in the background and go and do something more interesting (like catching up on the forum perhaps :innocent: ) and if a bottle arrives it will wait for you. If you happen to spot one, they are obvious. About the size of an oil tanker.

Thanks :hug: just got one, but it was a leaky one and I had to discard it :tears:

Minnie M
2nd-August-2006, 09:57 PM
Got this one tonight from NI :clap:
I sent it back with another message

LMC
3rd-August-2006, 08:45 AM
Oooh, not had any balloons! Guess they will (eventually) contain adverts :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-August-2006, 11:55 AM
Oooh, not had any balloons!
Me either :sad:

I want a balloon :tears: :tears:

Tessalicious
3rd-August-2006, 12:13 PM
I went on this about 10 minutes ago, and just came back to it and had a bottle - opened it and the message was in Russian - how exciting!

Здорово! Всегда мечтал попасть на необитаемый остров. Так что спасать меня не надо.
---------------
Да-да не надо!
Ммм... Надо переписать меню на обед.

Translates as:
It is healthy! It always dreamed to fall on uninhabited island. So that saved me must not be. --------------- of Dada is not must! Mmm... It is necessary to rewrite menu to the dinner.

(or something like that, although it probably makes more sense if you translate it with something better than babelfish)

pmjd
3rd-August-2006, 01:13 PM
My first one was in Russian as well...

Translated as "KALININGRAD!!! FOREVA!!"

Will see if they get more interesting or weirder:whistle:

ToeTrampler
3rd-August-2006, 04:44 PM
:rolleyes: Just keep getting leaky bottles now (4 in a row), I ask you, how hard is it to put a cork in properly. jeez

ToeTrampler
3rd-August-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh look :whistle:

pmjd
3rd-August-2006, 05:11 PM
:rolleyes: Just keep getting leaky bottles now (4 in a row), I ask you, how hard is it to put a cork in properly. jeez

Must be a dodgy batch of bottles, I've just had four leaky bottles in a row too!

Piglet
3rd-August-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow! Balloons and dolphins.

I'm back on....hoping for Johnny Depp and the rest of his Caribbean pirates :whistle:

pmjd
3rd-August-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow! Balloons and dolphins.

I'm back on....hoping for Johnny Depp and the rest of his Caribbean pirates :whistle:

I'll settle for just Keira Knightly:wink:

Minnie M
3rd-August-2006, 05:28 PM
................ dolphins..........
:tears: I haven't had any dolphins :tears:
seen lots of balloons - leaky bottles and a couple of very silly messages :sad: still waiting for a merman or a dolphin - but a sensible message would be fun ... thank LMC this is quite addictive and fun !

Piglet
3rd-August-2006, 05:28 PM
If I find her, I'll catch her for you :wink:

LMC
3rd-August-2006, 05:32 PM
That ain't no dolphin, that be killer whale.

Shame on us for polluting the world's seas so much :blush:

Yliander
3rd-August-2006, 06:07 PM
YEAH!!!!!

finally got a working bottle

my first one wouldn't uncork

pmjd
3rd-August-2006, 06:08 PM
my first one wouldn't uncork

Been getting the opposite problem, far too many that are corked right and leak!

Minnie M
3rd-August-2006, 06:15 PM
Just got this message :-

kas tõesti jõuab kohale ? ei usu, et see kiri tuleb minule kunagi tagasi. Eks elame ja näeme. :)

can anyone translate please ?

Minnie M
3rd-August-2006, 06:52 PM
got a russian one now - google translates as :-

Special features of the mentality: for some reason in [Alladina] of [dzhinn] it appeared from the lamp, and [Khottabych] from the bottle!?