PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Tango in London

Lou
31st-July-2006, 11:28 AM
I just did a quick google for beginners Tango in North or Central London, but it resulted in so much choice & information overload! :eek:

And as I know there's a few enthusiasts here, who are somewhat further up the path to Tango Enlightenment, I was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations for a place/teacher/organisation suitable for a complete beginner - or, indeed, of any experiences of places to avoid!

Any help gratefully received! (Will pay in rep :wink: )

Clive Long
31st-July-2006, 11:43 AM
I just did a quick google for beginners Tango in North or Central London, but it resulted in so much choice & information overload! :eek:

And as I know there's a few enthusiasts here, who are somewhat further up the path to Tango Enlightenment, I was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations for a place/teacher/organisation suitable for a complete beginner - or, indeed, of any experiences of places to avoid!

Any help gratefully received! (Will pay in rep :wink: )
CeeCee will give a comprehensive answer - she has been to every Tango class in London

My favourites.

Tuesday nights - Hamza, Dome, Tufnell Park. Treacherous floor. Charming supportive, skilled teacher.

Monday nights - KG, Dome, Tufnell Park. Informal but illuminating. Can be erratic - has been known to precipitate falling out between dancers. :devil:

TangoInAction - Covent Garden. Stefano and Alexandra. Beautiful.

Some people are Federico and Leonardo fans. Others are not.

The Crypt, Farringdon.

If you want to go with a few people PM me and we might rustle up
something.

Clive

Dizzy
31st-July-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe this could help:

Learning Tango Thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7420&highlight=learning+tango)

CeeCee gives a very detailed analysis of all the Tango nights :flower: :worthy:

LMC
31st-July-2006, 11:50 AM
OMG, she's channelling MartinHarper :eek:

I really need a kick up the a*se to start going to tango classes again, let me know what you decide Lou, I might be more motivated with another beginner to go with :flower: - thanks :nice:

Lou
31st-July-2006, 11:56 AM
:D Bless her!

I know I'm being selfish, Dizzy, and I did see that thread - but it seemed to cover everywhere & all levels, and I wanted something a bit more tailored! :whistle: :flower:

I really need a kick up the a*se to start going to tango classes again, let me know what you decide Lou, I might be more motivated with another beginner to go with :flower: - thanks :nice:

I'll PM you, dearheart. I'm being really anti-social since moving to Elstree & I need a kick up the a*se too to start going out again! :D

Dizzy
31st-July-2006, 12:07 PM

:eek: Oh my God!!!
*Stops channelling Martin Harper*

There, all sorted now - Back to normal. :D :whistle:

I know I'm being selfish, Dizzy, and I did see that thread - but it seemed to cover everywhere & all levels, and I wanted something a bit more tailored!

Fair enough. I can't really give any advice when it comes to Tango classes as I only do Jango but good luck. :flower:

Lou
31st-July-2006, 12:16 PM
:eek: Oh my God!!!
*Stops channelling Martin Harper*

There, all sorted now - Back to normal. :D :whistle:
Ah no! Don't stop! It keeps me from feeling homesick! :wink:

Feelingpink
31st-July-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm very, very much a beginner since I keep having 'breaks' from tango ... and love Humza's beginners on a Tuesday night at the Dome. If you've never or almost never done tango before, the Wednesday night beginners' lessons at the Dome are great - they don't assume anything and there is a rolling five-week course. You can rock up at any point in the five weeks, but I guess it would be easier to start at the beginning. Perhaps email the Dome people to ask when week one if you're interested (I've got an email for them if you need one - just PM). Sorry, I don't have anything to compare it with. Feel free to PM if you want a relatively friendly face along. :flower: