PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Tour

horsey_dude
17th-April-2003, 12:39 PM
I will be travelling to scotland in the next couple of days.... Can anyone recommend good cities to visit and ceroc venues? The emphasis has to be on cheap as I am on a limited budget but I will splash out for things that are exceptioanlly good.

Chicklet
17th-April-2003, 12:47 PM
If you like the old Rock n Roll then can seriously recommend Route 66 tomorrow night in Edinburgh.

Probably a smaller venue than you would be used to or have come across Dahn Sahth, but some great dancers and very friendly!!

C:D

Franck
17th-April-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
I will be travelling to scotland in the next couple of days.... Can anyone recommend good cities to visit and ceroc venues? The emphasis has to be on cheap as I am on a limited budget but I will splash out for things that are exceptioanlly good. Hey HD, great to hear you're coming up... depending on when you're here and where, I would recommend Edinburgh on the Thursday, or of course Perth if you can make it, both are great venues / nights, Edinburgh being the busiest one!

On the Friday, Route66 seems to be the place to be and if you are still around on the Saturday, we would love to see you in Aberdeen at the party in the Northern hotel... Everybody else will be there and we are all anxious to meet you.

Let me know if you when you need the stretched limo and the girls, so I can make arrangements :wink:

Franck.

Wendy
17th-April-2003, 01:33 PM
Hi HD !!

Would love to meet you - and dance with you of course !!! Route 66 Friday ???? Never been before so don't know what to expect.

If we don't meet, hope you have a great time in Sunny Scotland :D

Wxxx

Dance Demon
17th-April-2003, 05:05 PM
Hey HD
Dr Feelgood and me would be more than happy to see you along at ROUTE 66 tomorrow night. Check out the website..www.route66jive.com
:cheers: DD

horsey_dude
17th-April-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
If you like the old Rock n Roll then can seriously recommend Route 66 tomorrow night in Edinburgh.

Probably a smaller venue than you would be used to or have come across Dahn Sahth, but some great dancers and very friendly!!

C:D

Sadly, tomorrow night is a bit ambitious.... I still have to buy a bus ticket and the trip is an all day one if I go to Edinburgh (gets in at 9 pm. I am a bit Geograpically challenged as far as having no idea how close cities are or travelling times etc....

Wendy
17th-April-2003, 05:54 PM
Sadly, tomorrow night is a bit ambitious.... I still have to buy a bus ticket and the trip is an all day one if I go to Edinburgh (gets in at 9 pm. I am a bit Geograpically challenged as far as having no idea how close cities are or travelling times etc....

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Wxxx

horsey_dude
17th-April-2003, 05:59 PM
Will there be class on monday? the website said they would run all year except bank holidays.... I am not really sure what a bank holiday is....

Wendy
17th-April-2003, 06:01 PM
Will there be class on monday? the website said they would run all year except bank holidays.... I am not really sure what a bank holiday is....

No CEROC class in Glasgow on Monday - it's a Bank Holiday....

Wxxx

Dance Demon
17th-April-2003, 08:25 PM

I am going to Ceroc in Edinburgh tonight, and will find out if the Monday class at Marcos is still on, then I'll let you know

horsey_dude
17th-April-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Wxxx

Never fear... I have figured out a route that covers all of the ceroc cities by travelling up (down??!?) the coast in a big loop. After reading your posts It will be good to put a face to the name....

Wendy
17th-April-2003, 11:20 PM
After reading your posts It will be good to put a face to the name....

Heather
18th-April-2003, 12:05 AM
:D I am pretty sure that there is a Monday class in the Invercarse Hotel in Dundee this Monday, I haven't heard otherwise.
:kiss:
Heather,
XX

Dance Demon
18th-April-2003, 06:02 AM
Monday night at Marcos, in Edinburgh is definately on.

Marcos Leisure centre,..Grove Street ,....Edinburgh.......just a couple of minutes walk from Haymarket rail station

PeterL
18th-April-2003, 10:01 AM
Horsey_dude

you will have to wear something, so that we can identify you.
I expect I will be there Monday.

:grin:

Chicklet
18th-April-2003, 10:03 AM
hmmmm, pick the obvious line, seeing as it's a holiday for some

personally I think you're more likely to be identified not wearing something

but that's just my opinion, obvoiusly

c

PeterL
18th-April-2003, 10:06 AM
I just reread wot I wrote.

:eek: :eek: :o :o

horsey_dude
18th-April-2003, 11:01 AM

personally I think you're more likely to be identified not wearing something

c

I don't think anyone is ready for that sort of horror....

horsey_dude
18th-April-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Monday night at Marcos, in Edinburgh is definately on.

Marcos Leisure centre,..Grove Street ,....Edinburgh.......just a couple of minutes walk from Haymarket rail station

What is the public transport around Edinburgh like? I will probably be staying at the yha hostel near the bus station unless I can get a night train and arrive sunday morning......

Chicklet
18th-April-2003, 11:46 AM
Fret not, Edinburgh (well the bits you would want to go to:wink: ) is quite a wee "city" and if it was a fair night you could easily just walk most places.

I think public transport is the big purple things that get in the way of the proper traffic :devil:, they are probably going places of interest with speed and economy but it doesn't often feel like it.

Chickies have never really been very good at public transport for some reason.

:D

and PS Wendy really does look like that!!!!!

Dave Hancock
18th-April-2003, 12:27 PM
HD,

What are your plans, are you coming up to Aberdeen and on which nights are you planning to go to which venues

Dave Hancock
18th-April-2003, 12:30 PM
... is the big purple things ... they are probably going places of interest with speed and economy but it doesn't often feel like it.

Thought the innuendo's were stopping:confused: :confused:

Chicklet
18th-April-2003, 12:57 PM
call it a bank holiday special, just for you:kiss: :innocent:

actually I was REALLY AND TRULY AND HONESTLY AND INNOCENTLY thinking about BUSES!!!!!!

so that says more about YOUR mind than it does about mine ha.

horsey_dude
18th-April-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
HD,

What are your plans, are you coming up to Aberdeen and on which nights are you planning to go to which venues

I will have to get back to you on that. At the moment it looks like I will be catching an overnight bus to Edinburgh and arrive 7.00 am sunday morning. I will go to the monday night class and do as much sight seeing as possible before moving on. The bus company has a deal where you can do 5 days travel over a 10 day period so I can't say for sure which day I will be there.

Dave Hancock
18th-April-2003, 01:05 PM
call it a bank holiday special, just for you...

Gee, thanks - what a treat!

Dave Hancock
18th-April-2003, 01:06 PM
I will have to get back to you on that. At the moment it looks like I will be catching an overnight bus to Edinburgh and arrive 7.00 am sunday morning. I will go to the monday night class and do as much sight seeing as possible before moving on. The bus company has a deal where you can do 5 days travel over a 10 day period so I can't say for sure which day I will be there.

Is it the haggis bus you're on?? and if up here while it's not a place to dance but you gotta go to Skye, absolutely beautiful and fun people

Wendy
18th-April-2003, 02:54 PM
beautiful and fun people

Yeh, but can they dance !!! Oh, wait a minute you might have been talking about the sheep... I keep forgetting....

Wxxx

horsey_dude
19th-April-2003, 09:06 PM
I have been waiting around since about 5pm for my bus which is at 10:30..... I don't know the area and didn't want to venture too far away without a map plus most of the things I would have gone to see are shut..... well at least I only have a 9 hour overnight bus trip......

horsey_dude
19th-April-2003, 09:17 PM
Can anyone with a good knowledge of Edinburgh (and perhaps a map) tell me if grove st is within walking distance of annandale st?

TheTramp
19th-April-2003, 10:15 PM
Hiya HD

I don't have much of a knowledge of Edinburgh yet, but I can look at streetmap :D

Annadale St is in EH7 postcode, Grove St is in EH3 postcode, and I'd guess it's somewhere between 1.5 and 2 kilometres to walk.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Twinkle Toes
20th-April-2003, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by horsey_dude
Can anyone with a good knowledge of Edinburgh (and perhaps a map) tell me if grove st is within walking distance of annandale st?

Annandale Street is about 2.5 miles from Marcos. 10 mins by car.
However, you may be able to get a bus direct to Haymarket, if not to Princes Street and then onto Haymarket. ( Bus stops right outside Haymarket railway station.) Then walk back towards the clock, take right fork, then right turn into Grove Street. Marcos is on LHS at brow of hill. If you get lost, Marco's is a popular place, so most would be able to point you in the right direction.

:cheers:

TT

bigdjiver
20th-April-2003, 11:26 PM
www.streetmap.co.uk is a superb resource for online streetmaps. It has search by name or postcode, and displays in a variety of scales.

horsey_dude
21st-April-2003, 01:57 PM
I found where marcos is so i will be there tonight..... Anyone looking out for me I will be wearing a lonsleeved T shirt blue with a bit of white in it.... for a fuller description you could ask the tramp or others who have seen me...... They could each describe one part of me (like the 5 blind men describing an elephant) so you get an accurate picture.....

Phil

horsey_dude
21st-April-2003, 01:58 PM
posting from internet phone box... incredibly expensive.... time running out..... must type faster......

Chicklet
21st-April-2003, 02:47 PM
I found where marcos is so i will be there tonight..... Anyone looking out for me I will be wearing a lonsleeved T shirt blue with a bit of white in it.... for a fuller description you could ask the tramp or others who have seen me...... They could each describe one part of me (like the 5 blind men describing an elephant) so you get an accurate picture.....

Phil

If Wendy and I haven't found you by the back of 9 I'll go and put something on to make it REALLY obvious who we are!!!

C

Dreadful Scathe
21st-April-2003, 02:54 PM
posting from internet phone box... incredibly expensive.... time running out..... must type faster......

:) all email messages from pay-as-you go internet access are like that - although telling people that you have no time to type is not the most useful thing you could be typing :)

Dave Hancock
21st-April-2003, 03:33 PM
DS - top observation - are you and the lass going to Marco's on Saturday?

Dreadful Scathe
21st-April-2003, 04:20 PM
DS - top observation - are you and the lass going to Marco's on Saturday?

unfortunaly not - got family coming over - so what with recent holiday i'll be nearly a month without dancing. Hopefully Ill only forget bad habits (which strangely does actually seem to be the case :) )

LilyB
21st-April-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey H-D! Any chance of you coming back to London after your Scottish tour? Those of us who missed you when you were here a couple of weeks ago would be very pleased to catch you for a dance or two. If you're good, we might even take you out for a hack - New Forest if the weather's amenable, otherwise a leisurely trot down Rotten Row in Hyde Park. Howzat for an offer you can't refuse? :waycool: :D :D

LilyB

horsey_dude
22nd-April-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
Hey H-D! Any chance of you coming back to London after your Scottish tour? Those of us who missed you when you were here a couple of weeks ago would be very pleased to catch you for a dance or two. If you're good, we might even take you out for a hack - New Forest if the weather's amenable, otherwise a leisurely trot down Rotten Row in Hyde Park. Howzat for an offer you can't refuse? :waycool: :D :D

LilyB In the words of Arnold schwartzenager.... "I'll be back"! I will be inscotland for another 8 days and then cambridge for 2 and then I will probably be looking for a job in London..... will post more when I find cheaper access......

Divissima
22nd-April-2003, 01:51 PM
"I'll be back"! Yay! :wink:
I will be inscotland for another 8 days and then cambridge for 2 and then I will probably be looking for a job in London..... Looking forward to more dances, Horsey Dude. Just tell us when and where....

:waycool:

horsey_dude
22nd-April-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
:) all email messages from pay-as-you go internet access are like that - although telling people that you have no time to type is not the most useful thing you could be typing :)

Yes but I was caught between the problem of watching the time tick down before my money ran out and not wanting to start some really deep and meannigul post and then not be able to complete it......

horsey_dude
22nd-April-2003, 02:56 PM
Ok, I can talk now without feeling like my life savings is evaporating before my eyes (god bless public libraries....). I went to class last night and had a great time... I met wendy, dance demon, graham and others as well as a mysterious forum poster who would not give her name.... she gave me some clues and I think it must be something like "The Chickster" or "Hot Chick" or something like that.... anyway I will keep an eye out for her posts in future.......

I was a bit worried when after my first dance with Wendy she said that she would rather die than dance with me again... (or it could have been something about having to dance with me would kill her). I will probably be going to St Stevens tonight and the plan is Glasgow tomorrow for class and sightseeing and back to Edinbugh for a saturday night party........

Chicklet
22nd-April-2003, 03:14 PM

great to put a face and a few moves to a poster but now I've got to ask......

WHY ARE YOU CALLED HORSEY_DUDE??????

Didn't see a long face all night so it can't be that!!!!!

horsey_dude
22nd-April-2003, 03:28 PM

WHY ARE YOU CALLED HORSEY_DUDE??????

I don't know, thats just what the girls call me (just kidding). I used to do a lot of riding and owned horses and belonged to horsey web sites. Horsey_dude is the email I use for signing up to anything where I might get spammed and so when I signed up here I just put it in because it is a username I can easily remember. It seems to worry people so I might run a competition for a new online name (saaay Dancing_dude),

Wendy
22nd-April-2003, 04:02 PM
I was a bit worried when after my first dance with Wendy she said that she would rather die than dance with me again... (or it could have been something about having to dance with me would kill her). You know what I said !!! And thought it only right to show my presence on the forum to let the others know that you didn't kill me afterall - even if dancing with you is like one of those fairground rides when you scream a lot and then want some more once it'is over... fab.. !!! I think I managed to relax a little by our last dance. And hopefully by Wednesday I'll be putty in your hands...

Wxxxx

Dance Demon
22nd-April-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi HD
Was nice to meet you at Marcos last night, & finally put a face to the name. you seemed to have fun....hope you got some good dances. will probably see you at the party on saturday night. hope you enjoy your stay in scotland.

Tiggerbabe
22nd-April-2003, 11:58 PM
Not making the trip up to Dundee then? Or Perth on Thursday - shame on you!:tears: :tears:
I'll not make Marcos this weekend as I've been ordered to a muggle wedding :eek:
Wendy - you can chase HD for my dances and then tell me what it was like :hug: :kiss:

Wendy
23rd-April-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Wendy - you can chase HD for my dances and then tell me what it was like :hug: :kiss: Thanks Sheena !!! :D :hug: :kiss:

Will do and will report back on Sunday !!! Enjoy the wedding ! Graham's missing you already ...

Wxxxxx

horsey_dude
23rd-April-2003, 10:25 AM
Not making the trip up to Dundee then? Or Perth on Thursday - shame on you!:tears: :tears:
I'll not make Marcos this weekend as I've been ordered to a muggle wedding :eek:
Wendy - you can chase HD for my dances and then tell me what it was like :hug: :kiss:

I did plan to visit as many venues as poss but I have commited to going to the saturday night party so I will, sadly, probably not see you...... I should have time to get to one more place as my bus to london is on wednesday.

horsey_dude
23rd-April-2003, 10:29 AM
dancing with you is like one of those fairground rides when you scream a lot and then want some more once it'is over...
Wxxxx

Are we talknig about the same dance? Because I didn't scream once!

horsey_dude
23rd-April-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Hi HD
Was nice to meet you at Marcos last night, & finally put a face to the name. you seemed to have fun....hope you got some good dances. will probably see you at the party on saturday night. hope you enjoy your stay in scotland.

Good to meet you too DD, I will see you there.....

Wendy
23rd-April-2003, 11:05 AM
Are we talknig about the same dance? Because I didn't scream once! Yeh, "you can take a horsey-dude to water but you can't make it scream" old Chinese proverb !!

Wxxx

horsey_dude
23rd-April-2003, 11:09 AM
Yeh, "you can take a horsey-dude to water but you can't make it scream" old Chinese proverb !!

Wxxx

ha ha.... I should be in Glasgow this afternoon and will call once I get to the hostel.

Chicklet
24th-April-2003, 08:26 AM
Fantastic to see you again last night HD !!!!!

and thank you soooooooo much for taking the time out for our little mini workshop, I was really touched and have taken in everything said, just need to try and move it from head to feet and arms now!!!

Looking forward to Saturday night and hopefully you will tell me if you can feel a difference!!!!!:D

I get so frustrated sometimes that my enthusiasm and love for the dancing outruns my ability by a country mile but if I can be on the right end of top tips like that a bit more often, hopefully it will make a difference so here's a plea to everybody, boys and girls, be it from dancing with me or from having noticed something out of the corner of your eye - if you spot any of the myriad of things I do poorly, awkwardly or just plain wrong!!! PLEASE let me know at any time. I am soooooooooo keen to improve that I will try and take in and have a go at anything suggested. I realise that lots of things are style points rather than right or wrong and won't suit everybody but if I don't try I won't know.

I realise all too well that this doesn't just happen over night but I really will be truly grateful for any ideas and suggestions that come my way!:cheers:

On a slightly different point but also "about last night" I lost my Brady cherry (workshop doesn't count) last night and I've got a weird feeling that this Miss Marple thing might just be an elaborate hoax :confused: because he felt pretty damn alive to me:waycool:

Cx

TheTramp
24th-April-2003, 09:51 AM
I think that Miss Marple is just a psychic, and what she is reporting is what will happen in the not-too-distant future... :D

Steve

Twinkle Toes
24th-April-2003, 09:54 AM
Fantastic to see you again last night HD !!!!!

and thank you soooooooo much for taking the time out for our little mini workshop, I was really touched and have taken in everything said, just need to try and move it from head to feet and arms now!!! :really: .... eh excuse me, is this a touch of favouritism ???

:( (accompanied by imaginary jealous smiley- since we don't have one)

... or are you just testing the water for your new job :wink:

It was nice to see you again HD, hope you are enjoying yourself, and I too am looking forward to Saturday.

Dance Demon
24th-April-2003, 04:26 PM

On a slightly different point but also "about last night" I lost my Brady cherry (workshop doesn't count) last night and I've got a weird feeling that this Miss Marple thing might just be an elaborate hoax :confused: because he felt pretty damn alive to me:waycool:
Cx

Ahhh yes, I saw that......The late Chicklet & Brady doing a ghost dance:wink: .........What a marvellous night for a ghost/moon dance.................

Miss Marple
24th-April-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that Miss Marple is just a psychic, and what she is reporting is what will happen in the not-too-distant future... :D

Steve

:D :D :D :wink: :wink:

Miss Marple.

TheTramp
24th-April-2003, 06:23 PM
Be afraid Chickie and Brady. Be vewwy afraid! :D :na:

Steve

Miss Marple
24th-April-2003, 06:24 PM
I'll leave the predictions to Mystic Meg, but I can tell you that the murderer will DEFINITELY strike again!!!! The victim is yet to be decided.
Has anyone guessed who the murderer is, yet?
(I know you are probably wondering who I am.:wink:

Miss Marple.

Dance Demon
24th-April-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh you're probably just someone who has nothing better to do than sit at home all day:wink: thinking up things to post on the forum. You appear to be a Wednesdays child Miss M....Murders are posted on Wednesdays.......so who mysteriously stops posting on a wednesday I wonder...............:what: :devil:

Twinkle Toes
24th-April-2003, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miss Marple
I'll leave the predictions to Mystic Meg, but I can tell you that the murderer will DEFINITELY strike again!!!! The victim is yet to be decided.
Has anyone guessed who the murderer is, yet?
(I know you are probably wondering who I am.:wink:
Miss Marple.

Us mere mortals, may be on the wrong track as to who the murderer is and also to who you are, :wink: :wink:
but you are on the wrong thread - so get off :mad: - this is HD's thread !

:D :D :D

Miss Marple
25th-April-2003, 12:20 AM
Judging by all the thread diverting that goes on within the Forum community, I should have thought that I was just entering the spirit of things!!
Miss Marple

TheTramp
25th-April-2003, 07:50 AM
Yeah.

Miss Marple has obviously been to Wendy's advanced off topic class....

Another clue to the identity of the super sleuth maybe? :na:

Steve

Chicklet
25th-April-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
Us mere mortals, may be on the wrong track as to who the murderer is and also to who you are, :wink: :wink:
but you are on the wrong thread - so get off :mad: - this is HD's thread !

:D :D :D First of all I managed this cut down quote ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!

Second, where IS the HD?????and where is Wendy??????

Call it coincidence IF YOU LIKE but I'm just an eensy weensy bit concerned (where's PeterL when we need him??).

Has the murderer struck again????

Graham, tell us you didn't eat alone last night???

:eek: :tears:

Dance Demon
25th-April-2003, 09:22 AM
First of all I managed this cut down quote ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!

Second, where IS the HD?????and where is Wendy??????

Graham, tell us you didn't eat alone last night???

:eek: :tears:

Yes...and also tell us that you didn't eat HD and Wendy..(shades of Hannibal here maybe):sick:

horsey_dude
25th-April-2003, 05:31 PM
I was very kindly rescued by Wendy and Graham. It was good seeing you all as well as the new people I met. Hi to Chicklet, DD, cerocjock, janet, lana, jane and twinkletoes and anyone else I have missed out......

I will be at Marcos tomorrow and the plan is dundee on monday and aberdeen tuesday before heading back to london.....

Tiggerbabe
25th-April-2003, 08:14 PM
Dundee on Monday? Yippee!
I'll be in Dundee on Monday - as will Jayne, Janet, Wendy, Graham etc etc etc..............
And I'll need lots of dances after a muggle weekend so watch out guys (and girls!) :wink: :wink: :hug:

Emma
25th-April-2003, 09:37 PM
And I'll need lots of dances after a muggle weekend so watch out guys (and girls!) :wink: :wink: :hug: Weekend, that's nothing, I haven't had a dance for a week *twitch* :what:

Tiggerbabe
25th-April-2003, 11:51 PM
Jump on the train Emma - there's dancing to be had up here! If you're quick you might just make it in time for Marcos but failing that you could come and meet the horsey boy on Monday:D :D

Rest assured I will be dancing on Saturday - trying to lead my sister :confused: but it's not quite the same :tears: :tears:

horsey_dude
28th-April-2003, 10:15 AM
I had a good time on saturday (apart from the heat) and some good dances.

I just want to send a big hug and thanks to Lana who gave me a lift back to my hostel and a bed for the night when I found that I was locked out.

I should be in Dundee tonight!

Dance Demon
28th-April-2003, 04:53 PM
She's a wee star is that Lana:wink: :hug:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
28th-April-2003, 11:50 PM
I just want to send a big hug and thanks to Lana who gave .... a bed for the night... :sorry

Any gossip we should know about H-D?

horsey_dude
29th-April-2003, 02:41 PM
A Gentleman never tells.....

...(the answer to that is "yeah but what about you")

Originally posted by Basil Brush
:sorry

Any gossip we should know about H-D?

TheTramp
29th-April-2003, 02:44 PM
A Gentleman never tells.....

...(the answer to that is "yeah but what about you") Yeah but what about you?? :confused:

Anything to oblige HD :rolleyes:

Steve

horsey_dude
29th-April-2003, 02:46 PM
Well, I made it to Dundee and had a great time..... (thank you Sheena for driving me around). I also heard some history including why the women from Dundee are very strong willed. I even got to see a fantastic cabaret! Well done guys, I can see what the high point of the champs evening is going to be. Hopefully I will make it back so I can see a bit more of the city in future.

HD.

horsey_dude
29th-April-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok, what happened was... oh oh... I'm running out of tinme on the comput

Originally posted by TheTramp
Yeah but what about you?? :confused:

Anything to oblige HD :rolleyes:

Steve

Tiggerbabe
29th-April-2003, 06:37 PM
Well, I made it to Dundee and had a great time..... (thank you Sheena for driving me around).
You're very welcome - it was great to finally meet and dance with you :D

I also heard some history including why the women from Dundee are very strong willed.
This is a joke - right? :wink:

I even got to see a fantastic cabaret! Well done guys, I can see what the high point of the champs evening is going to be.
Thanks for the positive feedback! Really glad we had the run through and it was great for our confidence - enjoyed it too, which is the main thing :D

Hopefully I will make it back so I can see a bit more of the city in future.
HD.
Looking forward to it - enjoy yourself in Aberdeen tonight - and maybe see you in London :hug:

horsey_dude
30th-April-2003, 04:36 PM
Just in case anyone had the wrong idea, I will mention that Lana was a perfect gentlewoman and I never felt afraid for my honour.....

Ok, what happened was... oh oh... I'm running out of tinme on the comput

horsey_dude
30th-April-2003, 04:44 PM
Great Venue, Great music and Great dancing.... The only thing they didn't have was a cabaret demonstration but I suppose you can't have everything.... I got my 45 minutes of fame up on the stage and managed to get though without falling over or forgetting the routine.... Thanks Lisa for a great night.

Lisa
1st-May-2003, 09:27 AM
Great Venue, Great music and Great dancing....

Hiya Phil,

GREAT to hear you had a GREAT night. Thanks for demoing! Hopefully see you back in Scotland soon.

Lisa x

horsey_dude
1st-May-2003, 11:05 AM
You are welcome... It was my pleasure!

I forgot to mention... after you dropped me off I went to get back in the hostel and found the front door was locked. I pressed the buzzer and nothing happened, I tried again (starting to get worried), and then noticed someone in reception so I knocked as loudly as possible ( there was a sign saying don't knock ) and was lucky enough to get someone who happened to be up to let me in.... Apparently the buzzer does not actually work.......

Originally posted by Lisa
Hiya Phil,

GREAT to hear you had a GREAT night. Thanks for demoing! Hopefully see you back in Scotland soon.

Lisa x

TheTramp
1st-May-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey Phil....

You're not having the best of luck with getting back into Scottish YH's are you.

Although, given the alternatives that seem to present themselves, maybe that's the idea :D

Steve

Wendy
1st-May-2003, 11:46 AM
Yeh HD. You have to know the hostel is closed BEFORE you get out the car !! D'oh.. thought you had it sussed by now !!! :wink:

Wxxxx

horsey_dude
2nd-May-2003, 03:33 PM
Am I so transparent?

I was going to post this on the sleaze thread but since it occurred in scotland on the bus from aberdeen to edinburgh....

I sat about 3/4 of the way of the way down the bus and at the back was a drunk old man who harrased the girls who sat down the back until I told him to leave one of them alone.... I might post the whole story on that thread later but must go now....

Yeh HD. You have to know the hostel is closed BEFORE you get out the car !! D'oh.. thought you had it sussed by now !!! :wink:

Wxxxx