PDA

View Full Version : Classified Ads Section

Dizzy
26th-July-2006, 12:31 PM
I have just noticed this section of the forum and just wondered what the rules are posting on here?

Is the section for selling items or for wanted items? For new stuff or for used items?

Can companies post on here selling items or do they have to come stright form forumites?

I realise all the details are still to be formalised yet, Franck :respect: :worthy:

btw, what a great idea for the forum :flower: :clap:

LMC
26th-July-2006, 12:43 PM
btw, what a great idea for the forum :flower: :clap:
:yeah: :clap:

and a fantastic way to try to offload all my junk.

Placing ads seems to work :D

EDIT: well it does... but now I can't see the one I placed and I want to edit it 'cos I put the stuff up as free but have had second thoughts and think that a donation of the amount of the "buyer's" choice should go to Franck to go towards forum costs - anyone else think this is a good idea and that an option to "Donate to Ceroc Scotland Forum" should be added to the Classified's section? - sorry it might be extra work Franck, but every little helps, right? :D

Gadget
26th-July-2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like you have to pay for the ads... any idea of pricing structure?

LMC
26th-July-2006, 12:57 PM
Mine cost me a quid. I should imagine that's the same in every section.

DavidY
26th-July-2006, 12:57 PM
Placing ads seems to work :DYes but I seem unable to read them. The only way I could find was to click on the "LMC" link within the Classifieds area. This doesn't take you to LMC's normal User Profile but to her profile within the Classified. This shows that there's an ad called "Various bits of furniture". But when I click on the link it says "This classified has not yet been paid for. ":sad:

If I use the searches it doesn't show up at all.:sad:

LMC
26th-July-2006, 12:58 PM
Perhaps it hasn't cleared through PayPal yet... hmmm, if it takes more than a couple of hours then people might want to bear this in mind when deciding how long to place their ads for.

DavidY
26th-July-2006, 01:01 PM
Also, if I click on the Member List link in the Classified area I get a "500 Internal Server Error"..

Gadget
29th-July-2006, 09:02 PM
Can we have an "artistic" cattegory (or something similar) for some of those that do brilliant photograpy, artwork, sculpture, etc. to advertise their wares. (perhaps services as well? like DJs?)

yae, nae? thoughts?

Gojive
30th-September-2006, 10:10 AM
Any further info on the questions raised in this thread please? (I can't find anything else relating to this)

Also:

Is the payment up front?

Is it paid regardless of whether the item sells or not?

Can non-Silvers advertise?

Are we able to sell used weekender DVDs?

:)

Franck
30th-September-2006, 10:42 AM
I have just noticed this section of the forum and just wondered what the rules are posting on here?

Is the section for selling items or for wanted items? For new stuff or for used items? Yes, that's the idea, anything you wanted to sell on ebay, can be sold here instead to fellow forumites...

Can companies post on here selling items or do they have to come stright form forumites?No, the Classifieds section is not a shop front advert for companies, just a tool for forumites to share their wares.

Looks like you have to pay for the ads... any idea of pricing structure?Adverts costs a flat fee of £1.00 regardless of value or whether it gets sold eventually.

Is the payment up front?

Is it paid regardless of whether the item sells or not?

Can non-Silvers advertise?

Are we able to sell used weekender DVDs?

:)Yes, payment is upfront (via Paypal) and not dependant on whether the item sells, Non Silver members can advertise and yes, you can sell used week-ender DVDs.

To increase the chances of a sell, make sure you upload a photo of the item and provide a good description. When you place a classified advert, a thread is automatically posted where the item can be discussed, providing extra advertising for your sale.

Gojive
30th-September-2006, 10:51 AM
Excellent! Many thanks Franck :cheers:

Now I just have to decide if I really have to part with my beloved shirts :tears: ....