PDA

View Full Version : Harrow

stewart38
25th-July-2006, 09:35 AM
Anyone been ?

Just got this and maybe worth a visit, whats the outdoor area like to dance on ?

------------------------------------------

Ceroc Harrow with an outdoor area and doors out onto a courtyard makes it one of
the COOLEST venues around.

We would like to invite you as our guest over the next three weeks to our HARROW
venue.

Please accept this email as free entry to Ceroc Harrow between 28th July to 14th
August.

Simply bring this email along with your membership card to gain free entry.

This offer only applies to original recepients, and therefore it will not be
valid if you forward it on.
-----------------------------------------

David Bailey
25th-July-2006, 01:42 PM
It used to be (briefly :) ) managed by a certain fox-y person I believe?

Jo (Ashtons teacher) normally teaches there, but I think Carol (Finchley teacher) is covering for her at the moment. It's a nice venue - and from what I recall it's got good open-air potential. It's a bit of a b*gger to get to though - takes about 35 minutes from North Finchley (I know, I'm spoilt).

I've no idea what the crowd is like there, as I haven't been for a couple of years. I do remember that the DJ when I went (young woman) was superb - played a blinding set.

I was thinking of going along, either this or next Thursday, now I'm no longer Tango-ing on Thursdays. I've done Muswell Hill, so Bow, Fulham, and Harrow are on the list...

Stuart
25th-July-2006, 04:49 PM
I had one of these as well. I can't comment on the open air area as it was some time ago when I last went and the middle of winter.

Spice 'n' Easy
25th-July-2006, 05:50 PM
I think quite a few people got free invites so Harrow may be quite a good bet over the next few weeks :clap:

Yes, Silverfox used to run this venue but unfortunately due to other commitments he had to give it up. The resident teacher is Joanne and i understand she has a rather dashing demonstrator ( me! :drool: ). While Jo is away, Carol from Finchley will be covering and I believe she is going to be doing a class with a Latin Flava this week.

It is a nice venue with fans and aircon machines, a large free car park, a great outdoors area and a nice cheap bar. The crowd are friendly, there is plenty of dance floor space, freestyle till 11:00pm and we have a new DJ, fresh to the circuit, whose sets are just getting better and better :respect:

I may be biased but i really like the venue and the people and would recommend giving it a try.

Stuart
25th-July-2006, 06:13 PM
I might give it a go this week then.

Unfortunately the other two weeks are out due to work commitments:sad:

David Bailey
25th-July-2006, 06:50 PM
While Jo is away, Carol from Finchley will be covering and I believe she is going to be doing a class with a Latin Flava this week.
She is? Without me? Is that allowed? :what: :tears: :innocent:

Hmmm... not sure where to go now... Harrow vs. Fulham, what do people think?

Tazmanian Devil
25th-July-2006, 06:50 PM
Anyone been ?

Just got this and maybe worth a visit, whats the outdoor area like to dance on ?

I went to the opening night, It is a nice venue :clap: The floor was great and there was a fab bunch of people there :worthy:

If it wasn't on a thursday I would go even if it was just to eye up the Demo :wink: But unfortunately I have commitments at Bow on a thursday so cannot make it :sad:

Zebra Woman
25th-July-2006, 07:13 PM
we have a new DJ, fresh to the circuit, whose sets are just getting better and better :respect:

Ooooh.... Who is this new DJ?

under par
25th-July-2006, 10:16 PM
I was thinking of going along, either this or next Thursday, now I'm no longer Tango-ing on Thursdays. I've done Muswell Hill, so Bow, Fulham, and Harrow are on the list...

A certain Mrs Par may well be demoing at Fulham this Thursday with Howard, I will of course be there to offer my support and have a few dances.:flower:

stewart38
25th-July-2006, 11:51 PM
I assume its near a underground station ??

Dizzy
26th-July-2006, 12:06 PM
I assume its near a underground station ??

The worse thing you can do is assume!! :wink:

You can go 2 ways:

Harrow & Wealdstone Station - It is about a 12-15 minute walk from the station or you can get a H9 from H&W Station for 2 stops, get off at the Goodwill crossroads and walk about 5 minutes.

Harrow on the Hill Station - Go to Harrow Bus Station and get a H14 bus towards Hatch End. It will take about a 15-20 minute bus journey going down Harrow View and then stop outside Kodak Sports Hall.

I hope that helps :flower:

I normally taxi at Harrow but I am afraid I won't be there this week for Carol's class :tears:.

Dizzy
26th-July-2006, 12:19 PM
Ooooh.... Who is this new DJ?

His name is Robert. He is newly on the DJ scene and is just getting to know the DJ ropes :wink:.