PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Jango Weekend

Freya
24th-July-2006, 09:07 PM
I would just like to say That I had a terrific time this weekend!

:respect: to Franck for organising a party that went on till 2am! I loved the extra hour of dancing! Only the really hardcore left at the end and it was so lovely and mellow! And a lovely tea dance to chill out at (well as much as possible in the heat of sunday!

TiggerBabe and DanceDemon did Fabulous jobs on the Decks bit more :respect: to keep us grooving although at one stage it did seem like we had two blues rooms going! :confused: Not that I'm complaining :grin:
TiggerBabe did another Fab set at the Tea Dance :clap:

Special thanx has to go to all those who made it possible for me at last minute to come down!

Shiny Wee Star - For picking me up from the bus and feeding me tea
CMS - for giving me a lift to Glasgow after the Sat night Party
PretzelMeister - for putting me up over night as usual and then giving me a ride back to Stirling
Ducasi - For putting up with me the whole day while everyone else was working their Ars£s off at the workshops
Piglet - For giving me a lift back up the road

And one last thing thanx to all those that came to the picnic to celebrate my birthday early amongst friends! :hug::hug:

Will write a better summery in my blog at some point!

ducasi
24th-July-2006, 09:26 PM
I had a really great time too. :grin:

Watch out Lemon Cake – Freya and I can throw together a mean picnic! :yum:

Loved the way it all just came together so perfectly. :D

Cool photos too! :hug: (Promise to upload mine soon-ish... ;))

EDIT: Oh, and I enjoyed the dancing too – especially on Sunday. :nice:

Freya
24th-July-2006, 09:27 PM

Yeah how long did it take us? All bout half an hour! not bad eh! :wink:

Dance Demon
24th-July-2006, 09:45 PM
although at one stage iot did seam like we had two blues rooms going! :confused: Not that I'm complaining :grin:

Erm...not aware that I played any real blues room tracks Freya. The last 15-20 minutes I slowed it down to a mid tempo, because it was incredibly hot, and everyone was knackered, including me. The previous 5+ hours had been pretty much up tempo main hall stuff. I don't like to play bluesy stuff in the main hall if there's a separate blues room, as it kind of defeats the purpose of having two rooms. although I have played blues rooms before where this has happened, and ended up playing to nobody because the main room DJ was playing bluesy stuff at the end of the night. However Glad you enjoyed the night:flower:

Dazzler
24th-July-2006, 09:51 PM
I enjoyed the music in both rooms!...the heat did get to me a bit i must say especially on sundy!

Thanks for the great dances as always Freya...you truelly are a soldier what with that injury...but i must say..you did not show any signs of pain as you dance on true form as ever :grin:

Freya
24th-July-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the great dances as always Freya...you truelly are a soldier what with that injury...but i must say..you did not show any signs of pain as you dance on true form as ever :grin:

Thanx hun! :hug:

Am paying for it today!!! Slept all day and in quite a bit of pain! Everybody was really gentle with me and didn't do anything to really put my neck in any danger!

Thanx guys for all the fabby dances! :flower:

Tiggerbabe
24th-July-2006, 09:57 PM
And one last thing thanx to all those that came to the picnic to celebrate my birthday early amongst friends! :hug::hug:

Yeah :drool: sorry I had to miss that, the photos look brill :D Thanks for saving me a bit of cake, though, it was just what I needed. :hug:

Freya
24th-July-2006, 10:06 PM
Ok!

Photo's Are all up Finally!!!!! The one thing bout having a sore neck.........Time to capture you lot on Film! :eek:

Here are the Albums (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1896)if anyone wants to take a Squiz!

cms
24th-July-2006, 10:12 PM
thanx freya!

i had a fab time too - and the picnic was a great way to spend some time with people and have a chat in the sunshine!

thanx to everybody for making the weekend so much fun - ur all great!

love Cxx

Beowulf
24th-July-2006, 10:23 PM
most excellent pictures.. Looks like I missed a very fun night !!

firefly
25th-July-2006, 12:14 PM
Great night :clap: loved seeing the photos. Just a shame i could only make it to the Saturday night party. Wonderful music as always, and great having the chance to dance with some lovely dancers I hadn't met before. I especially enjoyed our dances Dazzler; look forward to many more in the future :wink: :worthy: Well done to Freya for making it down too; hope you feel better soon :hug: Look forward to seeing you all again soon!

ShinyWeeStar
26th-July-2006, 04:15 PM
I would just like to say That I had a terrific time this weekend!
:yeah: :clap:

Special thanx has to go to all those who made it possible for me at last minute to come down!

Shiny Wee Star - For picking me up from the bus and feeding me teaNo problem - anytime you're feeling brave enough, lol! :wink: :hug:

LemonCake
26th-July-2006, 04:25 PM

Ah but do you have the fantastic tardis-like rainbow picnic basket? :grin: :waycool:

Am sorry I missed so much fun on the Sunday but did enjoy the Saturday very much. Glad to hear the birthday celebrations went so well!

:hug: :clap: :flower: