PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire Help Wanted Please

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 01:42 PM
I have to go up to Matlock on Monday and will be staying in a hotel Monday and Tuesday night :sad: Returning home on Wednesday evening :clap:

Can anyone recommend any venues to visit nearby?
Otherwise it will be dinner alone, followed by an early night :mad:

All help gratefully received :eek:

Northants Girly
20th-July-2006, 01:45 PM
There is Ceroc on at Derby and Nottingham on Monday evenings. See the Ceroc website.

I've heard Mondays in Notts at Marcus Garvey is good :)

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 01:46 PM
There is Ceroc on at Derby and Nottingham on Monday evenings. See the Ceroc website.

I've heard Mondays in Notts at Marcus Garvey is good :)

Is Nottingham near Derby then?
Will give Marc and Rach a call then :D

Northants Girly
20th-July-2006, 01:48 PM
Is Nottingham near Derby then?
Will give Marc and Rach a call then :DNot far away. Think DavidY lives in Derby too. Maybe PM him and PM Magic Hans (Iain) as I think he's in Notts

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 02:14 PM
Not far away. Think DavidY lives in Derby too. Maybe PM him and PM Magic Hans (Iain) as I think he's in Notts

Both Venues are on Monday night from what I can gather, but I'm a bit thick when it comes to computers and the t'internet :rofl:

Both venues are equal distance from Matlock (around 24 miles) but have TomTom so will manage to find them :rolleyes:

fletch
20th-July-2006, 02:27 PM
I have to go up to Matlock

Matlock is real really pretty :flower:

I think my mate Kev goes to the Macs Garvey. :nice:

littlewiggle
20th-July-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes Marcus Garvey is one of the best around in East Mids area - large floor and lots of people attend. The centre itself is well shabby but usually quite a good atmosphere! I usually have a good time when I venture there. Give it a whirl x

robd
21st-July-2006, 12:54 PM

Would that early night be alone also? :whistle:

DavidY
21st-July-2006, 01:06 PM
Think DavidY lives in Derby too.I do
Maybe PM him..She did.
:yeah: to most of the above really (apart from Robd's comment :rolleyes: ). I also recommend Marcus Garvey on a Monday night and I'm planning to be there..

WittyBird
21st-July-2006, 03:07 PM
Would that early night be alone also? :whistle:

Thanks for your concern :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
25th-July-2006, 10:14 PM
I have to go up to Matlock on Monday and will be staying in a hotel Monday and Tuesday night :sad: Returning home on Wednesday evening :clap:

Witty, I would also suggest Ceroc at Marcus Garvey Centre in Nottingham on the Monday, or alternatively the Ceroc Derby venue (not tried it myself). On Monday there is Blitz E Midlands at Mansfield (well, actually Rainworth). I've heard this is worth a trip if you're needing a dance fix....not much else on Tuesdays I think.
Ian

bigdjiver
25th-July-2006, 10:26 PM

http://www.modernjive.com/Maps/map83t-8.html

hover over the red dots to see info, or click on them to see more.