PDA

View Full Version : Weekend - 4th / 5th + 6th August

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 08:26 AM
I have been looking round the usual websites but I cant seem to find much on the weekend of 4th / 5th + 6th August. :sad:

Does anyone know of any good events that weekend?

Please tell me there's something on :flower:

fletch
20th-July-2006, 08:36 AM
I have got that Greenwich, is on, on the Saturday.

Is that Russelle's venue or a different one :confused:

:flower:

Cruella
20th-July-2006, 08:36 AM
You could always come up to Rugby for the TDance on the sunday! :flower:

Msfab
20th-July-2006, 08:55 AM

The latest email from greenwich says its at the West Greenwich Community Centre on the 5th!

TiggsTours
20th-July-2006, 08:57 AM
Camp Savoy! :clap:

(for any lindy buffs!)

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 09:22 AM
I like the Greenwich idea.

Now, anything on the Friday or Sunday? :)

Looking like a very very quiet weekend :(

Yliander
20th-July-2006, 09:24 AM
I have been looking round the usual websites but I cant seem to find much on the weekend of 4th / 5th + 6th August. :sad:

Does anyone know of any good events that weekend?

Please tell me there's something on :flower:Rumour has it that there will be something fab happening in Dundee surrounds:flower:

Lynn
20th-July-2006, 09:39 AM
I was toying with the idea of coming over that weekend too. Doesn't sound like there is much on.

ducasi
20th-July-2006, 09:49 AM
I was toying with the idea of coming over that weekend too. Doesn't sound like there is much on.
When is a good weekend to visit London, or somewhere else down-south, during the month of August? :)

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 10:19 AM
Nouvelle Vogue are playing at the big chill festival on sunday (Very funklush).

But then so are The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain :whistle:

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 11:12 AM
Nouvelle Vogue are playing at the big chill festival on sunday (Very funklush).

But then so are The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain :whistle:

Hmmm, whats this big chill festival then??

I have a good mind to hire out a small hall and have a last minute WCS dance. Sort of like a t-dance.
I have a big boombox type thing and lots of WCS music. It wouldnt be anything fancy. Just a room with chairs, decent floor and music.

spindr
20th-July-2006, 11:30 AM
You could wander up to Gingerjive at Greenham, near Newbury -- on the 4th.

SpinDr

Alice
20th-July-2006, 12:04 PM

I have a good mind to hire out a small hall and have a last minute WCS dance. Sort of like a t-dance.
I have a big boombox type thing and lots of WCS music. It wouldnt be anything fancy. Just a room with chairs, decent floor and music.
What more do you need?? :whistle:

Northants Girly
20th-July-2006, 12:10 PM
or how about Jooles Holland in Bedford Park (http://www.easternbreeze.co.uk/events.asp?EventId=12) on Sunday 6th?

Lucy L and I will be there :clap:

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 12:10 PM

Good Idea, I know the perfect place :innocent:

Yogi_Bear
20th-July-2006, 12:28 PM
Ceroc Wythall (s Birmingham) on the fifth.....:waycool:

Yogi_Bear
20th-July-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes, I could be up for that....

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 12:37 PM

http://www.bigchill.net/

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 12:39 PM
You could wander up to Gingerjive at Greenham, near Newbury -- on the 4th.

SpinDr

There is that. Dirty dancing freestyle.

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.bigchill.net/

Talking of which. People do know that Gotan Project are playing at womad in Reading next friday night?

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 01:17 PM

Where would that be then ?

I had a couple of places in mind but I would only be able to book them fairly close to the date as I am not in the UK.

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 01:21 PM
Isn't Hipsters on, on Friday the 4th? It's the first Friday of the month.

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 01:29 PM
Where would that be then ?

Gorgeous North London (and 10 mins from my flat :wink: )
2 miles from M25, 4 miles from North Circular :D

Imagine Lovely floor, leather sofas, dedicated DJ booth, Patio / Garden, room for dancing and chatting.

Available for hire from 12pm - 6pm on a Sunday :drool:

Donna
20th-July-2006, 01:40 PM
Talking of which. People do know that Gotan Project are playing at womad in Reading next friday night?

Bloody hell!!!:what: :clap: :clap: :clap: Luuuurve the Gotang project:drool: :drool: :drool:

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 01:43 PM

Imagine Lovely floor, leather sofas, dedicated DJ booth, Patio / Garden, room for dancing and chatting.

Available for hire from 12pm - 6pm on a Sunday :drool:

North London ey!
How much do they charge to hire it out then?

I only thought of the idea as, if nobody turned up, I could just use it to practice.
There are some brilliant village halls just off the M25 in Surrey which you can hire out for not much cash.
I will look into it when i get back but it would be quite short notice if i found somewhere.

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 01:45 PM
North London ey!
How much do they charge to hire it out then?

No idea, I will venture up there shortly wearing something revealing and chat the manager up :D

Might charge double then eh :rofl:

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 01:52 PM
No idea, I will venture up there shortly wearing something revealing and chat the manager up :D

Might charge double then eh :rofl:

In this day and age you might want to take a bloke with you as a backup plan :grin:

If its a managed venue it is probably going to be too expensive. There's no way I could guarantee people turning up and im not looking to make money so it would have to be somewhere I could use if noone came and not break the bank.

Mostlysane
20th-July-2006, 03:21 PM
Bloody hell!!!:what: :clap: :clap: :clap: Luuuurve the Gotang project:drool: :drool: :drool:

Me to and guess which weekend i'm going surfing in Devon so i cant go. :(

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 03:31 PM
In this day and age you might want to take a bloke with you as a backup plan :grin:

Where's The Long One when you need him :rolleyes:

Oh you mean *that* kind of back up plan :D

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 08:32 PM
Camp Savoy! :clap:

(for any lindy buffs!)
and I'm on the door :flower: with the lovely Almost an Angel :flower: :hug: :yeah:

If you like Lindy, this IS the event to go to this year :worthy: :worthy:

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 08:37 PM

sounds great :clap:
How big is the dancing area ?? (compared with another venue)

Paul F
20th-July-2006, 08:38 PM
If you like Lindy, this IS the event to go to this year :worthy: :worthy:

Every time a Lindy event is on I ask myself the same question - why do i not like Lindy hop?

I dont really know the answer. I have just never liked the style in any way. Its strange as it forms the basis from which many other swing styles emerged yet I just cant bring myself to admiring the look of the dance.

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 08:44 PM
Every time a Lindy event is on I ask myself the same question - why do i not like Lindy hop?

I dont really know the answer. I have just never liked the style in any way. Its strange as it forms the basis from which many other swing styles emerged yet I just cant bring myself to admiring the look of the dance.

I like Lindy BUT I do not :sick: :really: like the "bum-out-monkey dance" that most people think Lindy is - check out the videos of Kevin & Carla :worthy: :respect: on Franck's Blaze page :waycool: :cool: there are many different styles of Lindy it can be very smoothe :worthy:

However, IMO some of the music (the jazzy stuff) can be boring (a bit like some Salsa music)

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 11:18 PM
sounds great :clap:
How big is the dancing area ?? (compared with another venue)

I'd reckon 2.5 times the size of the Muswell Hill Tdance Venue :clap: I'ts a shame it's out of ESG & Tessalicious' area as it would make a fabulous place to hold a tdance. I spoke to the guy behind the bar and they only get 1 or 2 people in there on a sunday :eek:

Maybe we should gate crash with some cd's and just takeover :rofl:

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 11:22 PM
I'd reckon 2.5 times the size of the Muswell Hill Tdance Venue ........
wow !!! If that is true dancing area it sounds fantastic :clap:

WittyBird
20th-July-2006, 11:27 PM
wow !!! If that is true dancing area it sounds fantastic :clap:

When I spoke to the guy behind the bar , he said they would be happy to move the leather sofas so they were round the outside etc. He said they would happily let us use the place but didn't know about prices. I have the telephone number to find out.

But what I was thinking of doing is organising a charity event when there is nothing on one Sunday so that everyone benefits from this :D

Might go up tomorrow again and take some photo's of the place

Paul F
21st-July-2006, 05:15 AM
W
But what I was thinking of doing is organising a charity event when there is nothing on one Sunday so that everyone benefits from this :D

Well, I know a certain Sunday you could do it :wink:

If its usually that dead you could maybe haggle with them :)

Whats the floor like i.e. is it fast? Usually bars are a bit tricky when it comes to floors.

Rhythm King
21st-July-2006, 11:36 AM

Next time you're in London, try a class with Martin Ellis, of Swingland, he has a really smooth, stylish interpretation of Lindy.

Geordieed
21st-July-2006, 11:46 AM
Next time you're in London, try a class with Martin Ellis, of Swingland, he has a really smooth, stylish interpretation of Lindy.

Don't forget Natalie Bateman...

Yliander
21st-July-2006, 11:56 AM
For those up north we have the special treat of Smooth Tunes by Sheepman (http://www.djsheepman.blogspot.com) on Saturday 5 August @ Birkhill Millenium Hall and as the site says more details to follow

ShinyWeeStar
21st-July-2006, 08:17 PM
For those up north we have the special treat of Smooth Tunes by Sheepman (http://www.djsheepman.blogspot.com)on Saturday 5 August @ Birkhill Millenium Hall and as the site says more details to follow
Ooo! :clap:

Beowulf
21st-July-2006, 08:46 PM
Ooo! :clap:

Quick.. fetch a bucket.. I think Shiny has just melted ;)

I'll just mop her up !!

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 06:09 PM
Whats the floor like i.e. is it fast? Usually bars are a bit tricky when it comes to floors.

Floor seems ok in quite good condition really, didn't have my dance shoes on to be able to tell properly

Have a nosey at these pics, see what y'all think :D

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 06:11 PM
Some more..........

There is enough room to get 30 people on the raised dance floor and would comfortably hold 100 throughout maybe more :D

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 06:13 PM
That's all the pics now - waiting for the bar manager to phone me :D

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-July-2006, 06:21 PM
Went with WB today as she wanted a second opinion on the venue.

It is lovely, It certainly has alot of potential. Has a really nice ambience and the staff are really friendly. :clap:

Paul F
22nd-July-2006, 06:43 PM
Have a nosey at these pics, see what y'all think :D

Hey! give me leather and Im there :D

It looks brilliant. Just right for an intimate and social occassion. Lets wait and see on the price. *fingers crossed*

As for the floor, it looks like an actual area used for dancing. Alhough it could still be sticky with beer etc. its better than just using a normal bar floor.

Sounds promising :nice: I think it would have to be run as a dedicated event venue though i.e. for the sunday I was thinking about I was going to book something I could use to practice in if noone turned up :blush: I couldnt really do that here. Its perfect for a normal event though.
Is that a bus I see outside one of the windows? If it is we could even get some added publicity :rofl:

Out of interest, where abouts in North London is it?

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 07:15 PM
Out of interest, where abouts in North London is it?

J23 M25 will send PM with exacts :D

drathzel
23rd-July-2006, 11:24 AM

I'm over that weekend and i am going to greenwich! hope to see some friendly faces!:flower:

Little Monkey
24th-July-2006, 11:13 AM
For those up north we have the special treat of Smooth Tunes by Sheepman (http://www.djsheepman.blogspot.com) on Saturday 5 August @ Birkhill Millenium Hall and as the site says more details to follow

Well, we've updated the site now, so it's got all the information you need, and a link to multimap for those of you who don't know where the Millenium Hall is.

And as this is a Meltdown party, we will of course uphold the tradition of having lots of yummy CAKE!:drool:

LM

Missy D
24th-July-2006, 11:45 AM
I live in North London but will be far away in EGYPT:clap: :clap:

Hope everyone has a great time wherever they decide to go that weekend.:clap: :clap:

Hey Paul F I have leather sofas!:innocent:

Paul F
24th-July-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Paul F I have leather sofas!:innocent:

Who said anything about restricting the leather theme to just sofas :D

ducasi
24th-July-2006, 01:47 PM
And as this is a Meltdown party, we will of course uphold the tradition of having lots of yummy CAKE!:drool: I wanna go! :)

Wonder how I'm going to manage to... :(

ShinyWeeStar
25th-July-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, we've updated the site now, so it's got all the information you need, and a link to multimap for those of you who don't know where the Millenium Hall is.

And as this is a Meltdown party, we will of course uphold the tradition of having lots of yummy CAKE!:drool:

LM
Excellent! :clap: This sounds like a great night and doesn't look too hard to find either (not that I ever get lost on my way to dances! :whistle: ).

Yliander
25th-July-2006, 04:58 PM
Excellent! :clap: This sounds like a great night and doesn't look too hard to find either (not that I ever get lost on my way to dances! :whistle: ). you don't get lost you take the scenic route

Dazzler
25th-July-2006, 07:26 PM
Although its not well advertised there is a rumour that there may be a night of music up here in Inverness.... chances are most the cerocers from here will be attending...perhaps a good excuse to visit the highlands?

oh... and give me another chance to dance with all you great dancers out there!
:respect: :D

:cheers:

David Bailey
25th-July-2006, 07:27 PM
Really? Apparently they're playing in London on Saturday... :innocent: :whistle:

Alice
25th-July-2006, 08:15 PM
Who said anything about restricting the leather theme to just sofas :D
I didn't see any restrictions in that post...:whistle: Maybe the sofas were just the starting point:innocent:

:whistle: :whistle:

Lory
25th-July-2006, 09:45 PM
J23 M25 will send PM with exacts :D
I think I recognise this venue! :wink: In fact i'm almost positive I know it. :waycool:

It's very accessible by London transport, as well as road.

And only 10mins from me:grin:

Dazzler
25th-July-2006, 09:53 PM
Although its not well advertised there is a rumour that there may be a night of music up here in Inverness.... chances are most the cerocers from here will be attending...perhaps a good excuse to visit the highlands?

oh... and give me another chance to dance with all you great dancers out there!
:respect: :D

:cheers:

Should have stated that is on the friday 4th of august :sick:

Little Monkey
26th-July-2006, 10:23 AM
I wanna go! :)

Wonder how I'm going to manage to... :(

Hope you can make it... Would be good to see you again! :flower:

Lee
26th-July-2006, 12:28 PM
Looks a quiet weekend, I think i'll pop down to Kent to see some friends for a BBQ then.

Lee

Russell Saxby
26th-July-2006, 01:09 PM
As MSFAb and Fletch pointed out there is a Greenwich freestyle on Saturday 5th. Not bothering with advance tickets for this one - £10 on the door. Full details at www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

See you there

Little Monkey
31st-July-2006, 06:02 PM
Psssssssssssssssssssst!

TWO LOVELY FORUMITES (well, one is a lovely forumette) ARE LOOKING FOR A LIFT TO DUNDEE ON SATURDAY 5TH!!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Dance Demon
31st-July-2006, 06:41 PM

LM

Hmmm....Nice venue that is already being used by other parties.........I take it they don't object to their venue getting used by others....:)

Sheepman
31st-July-2006, 06:46 PM
I only know of one other group using this venue for MJ, but yes, I did check with them, and they're happy, and coming along to enjoy the evening I hope!

Greg

Dazzler
31st-July-2006, 07:36 PM
Whats this i hear of a party in dundee?....lol

Looks like i may have to get my hitch-hiking board out again :rofl:

Hopefully see you guys there on sat night :grin:

Night Owl
31st-July-2006, 07:53 PM
Inverness Freestyle evening

Should have stated that is on the friday 4th of august :sick:

might even be from 7.30 to midnight:yeah:

Dazzler
31st-July-2006, 07:57 PM
Inverness Freestyle evening

might even be from 7.30 to midnight:yeah:

:yeah: too :rofl:

LMC
31st-July-2006, 08:29 PM
Friday: dunno
Saturday: Greenwich? Woking? Greenwich? Woking? :indecisive smiley:
Sunday: dunno

Minnie M
31st-July-2006, 08:50 PM
I have just posted August to my web page - amazing what is happening this Saturday and even more on next Saturday (12th) and this is my first posting, there may be other events that I haven't got yet :eek:

(Please PM me if you know of any events darn sarf that I have not included please) thanks :hug:

LMC
31st-July-2006, 09:01 PM
FAB, thanks Minnie - Lynn was thinking about coming over end August.

Small correction - Newbury is Friday 4th (see up thread :) ). And Chesham (Ceroc Chilterns) is every Friday 8 - 1130, don't think that's too far north to be added? :hug:

Minnie M
31st-July-2006, 09:17 PM
FAB, thanks Minnie - Lynn was thinking about coming over end August.

Small correction - Newbury is Friday 4th (see up thread :) ). And Chesham (Ceroc Chilterns) is every Friday 8 - 1130, don't think that's too far north to be added? :hug:

Whoops .........Thanks LMC - have corrected the Newbury one now - naughty me, I even had an email from Luci for that :blush:

Chesham is on the 'Weekend Classes' link as it is a regular Friday class - only goes in the main list if they have a guest teacher or a theme etc.

It would take forever if I put all the weekly classes on :really:

LMC
31st-July-2006, 09:24 PM
Ooops sorry :blush:, don't think I've ever looked at the weekly classes one 'cos I know where all my local ones are!

Of course, all it means is that I have even more choice and will find it even harder to make a decision - fantastic to have everything in one place tho :grin: :flower:

Dizzy
1st-August-2006, 10:15 AM
I have heard that Ealing BFFF is on friday 4th.

Little Monkey
1st-August-2006, 10:30 AM
Whats this i hear of a party in dundee?....lol

Looks like i may have to get my hitch-hiking board out again :rofl:

Hopefully see you guys there on sat night :grin:

Would be lovely to see you! And what incredibly good planning that you're having a freestyle night on FRIDAY instead of Saturday, eh?:whistle:

You dragging any other poor, innocent people down to Dundee with you? Oh, and if they need an extra incentive (apart from a fab floor and great music, along with a brilliant crowd of dancers), tell them there will be cake! Rumour has it there will be cheesecake, plus something else scrummy (haven't made my mind up yet.... Chocolate cake? Carrot cake? Lemon cake??)

LM :hug:

Piglet
1st-August-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm booked for the Meltdown :clap:
Still trying to decide about Inverness...

and there's supposed to be a BBQ at Balmedie during the day on the 5th ... not sure about that one either though.... hmmmm, decisions, decisions

The Passion Harem
1st-August-2006, 12:44 PM
I might be going here;

http://www.tango-fire.com/

They were good last year.

Freya
1st-August-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm booked for the Meltdown :clap:

:yeah: Me too!!!!

Still trying to decide about Inverness...

and there's supposed to be a BBQ at Balmedie during the day on the 5th ... not sure about that one either though.... hmmmm, decisions, decisions
Urgh decisions!!!!! I hate emmm!!!!!!! :angry:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-August-2006, 01:32 PM

Oh it definately has to be Greenwich :D

Twirly
1st-August-2006, 01:36 PM
Oh it definately has to be Greenwich :D

Yep, me too Taz, so maybe get to meet you at last! Coming with non-forumite friend again.

Tazmanian Devil
1st-August-2006, 02:11 PM
Yep, me too Taz, so maybe get to meet you at last! Coming with non-forumite friend again.

:clap: :clap: I will be coming staright from work so maybe a little late, depends how quick I can get everything finished :sick:

Cruella
1st-August-2006, 02:38 PM
I have heard that Ealing BFFF is on friday 4th.
That's where i'll be friday. My husband's going to think i'm ill, staying home all of saturday and sunday! :sick: Probably have to go to Jango monday though. :D (Can't let him get too used to me being there)

clevedonboy
2nd-August-2006, 09:30 AM
We'll be popping in to Camp Savoy for Friday evening and then on to Cambridge to scope the photos for a friends wedding. Very little going on in that neck of the woods on Saturday night by the look of it.

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 06:33 PM
Yay! Look out Inverness on Friday - there're some Aberdonians heading your way!:clap: :D

Freya
2nd-August-2006, 07:06 PM
Yay! Look out Inverness on Friday - there're some Aberdonians heading your way!:clap: :D
And it's not the Quiet ones! He He He! :whistle:

Sheepman
2nd-August-2006, 08:39 PM
Here's the latest regarding Meltdown on Saturday night, (this has also been posted on the blogsite.)

Latest news on reservations - places are going fast, but as of Wednesday evening, we need more men!

I know the guys are always late - but get your skates on, or the venue will be sold out, and all your favourite ladies will be dancing with each other!!!

So guys, you know what to do...

Greg

ducasi
2nd-August-2006, 10:17 PM
... So guys, you know what to do...
Me & Fi hope to be there... Just waiting to see if we can get a lift from a very nice man. :flower:

Would hate to get a lift arranged and then miss out. :(

Piglet
2nd-August-2006, 10:20 PM
Yippee - D and Fi! Excellent -hope that very nice man can make it too. Wondering which one it is of the 2 I'm guessing.

Me and Freya are also bringing a man along, but I don't think we've booked him on yet -in the middle of checking and will rectify this if needed once I find out.

ducasi
2nd-August-2006, 10:26 PM
Yippee - D and Fi! Excellent -hope that very nice man can make it too. Wondering which one it is of the 2 I'm guessing. Well if he can't, looks like we'll be stuck in Glasgow, so I hope he can make it too! (I also guess that he's one of the guys you're guessing.)

Freya
2nd-August-2006, 11:29 PM
Me & Fi hope to be there... Just waiting to see if we can get a lift from a very nice man. :flower:

Would hate to get a lift arranged and then miss out. :(
So does this mean that Fi's doing her dare on Saturday - Can't wait to see this one :flower:

(Previous post deleted due to wrong quote - Oooops)

ducasi
2nd-August-2006, 11:33 PM
So does this mean that Fi's doing her dare on Saturday - Can't wait to see this one :flower: Hope so – still lacking a green dress apparently... :)

Freya
2nd-August-2006, 11:43 PM
Hope so – still lacking a green dress apparently... :)
Awwww! fraid I can't really help her out. have a Green ball gown but I think it might be the wrong shade!

Night Owl
3rd-August-2006, 01:00 AM
Great stuff see you there on Friday:yeah:

Night Owl
3rd-August-2006, 01:01 AM
And it's not the Quiet ones! He He He! :whistle:
Even better the more the merrier:rofl:

stewart38
3rd-August-2006, 12:11 PM
Woking for me I think on Saturday

Whats Meltdown ??

Piglet
3rd-August-2006, 12:22 PM
Whats Meltdown ??

Copied from post 40 by Yliander: For those up north we have the special treat of Smooth Tunes by Sheepman on Saturday 5 August @ Birkhill Millenium Hall [Dundee]

If you click on the link on post 40 it goes into more detail about Monday Meltdowns...

Beowulf
4th-August-2006, 11:27 PM
let me see.. Friday 4th..erm sitting in front of my PC, Saturday 5th.. erm.. Sitting in front of my PC and Sunday the 6th *flicks through diary* Ah yes.. here we are .. Sitting in front of PC :wink:

Would have loved to have gone down to Dundee / Up to Inverness.. but it just wasn't possible. :tears:

Lynn
4th-August-2006, 11:41 PM
let me see.. Friday 4th..erm sitting in front of my PC, Saturday 5th.. erm.. Sitting in front of my PC and Sunday the 6th *flicks through diary* Ah yes.. here we are .. Sitting in front of PC :wink:Have you got my diary there?:whistle:

Actually glad not to be dancing this weekend. :really: Glad not to be doing anything this weekend. Not packing/unpacking, not busy, no-one asking me to do anything, not having to drive anywhere - just chilling. Bliss.

Trousers
5th-August-2006, 03:47 AM
Well Friday's done and dusted and boy am I glad to be sat at this PC.
I had a Big Phat Friday and enjoyed it the music mr brett put out today was just edging on the avante garde. A few dodgy remixes with odd endings and a really odd revamp of Wuthering Heights which fortunately was head in the sink time for me but some nice stuff too

However had some lurverly dances. Danced with an old flame which set my little piece of floor alight for a while - mmmmm Spinning mmmmm. Great mover.
And Witty you obviously had your Frosties this morning the dances were grrrreat.
Infact all the ladies I know that are forumites hit all my buttons for various reasons I just hope Mr "you'requitegoodreally" (ok ok it's harping on about an old point!!!) performed well enough for you.
I noted with delight no one hand the need to ask "are we dancing yet?" Phew!

But driving back to Hinckley became a little bit of a 'mare. I'm sure the bollards wiggled out of the way at one point when I noticed that the inside of my eyelids was quitedarkreally! Which gave the old adrenal gland a bit of a work out for 5 minutes. And that rabbit, it ran all the way across an intersection just to head butt my car the little bugger! Well the garage can scrape the blood off before they start work on it tomorrow. Like i said glad to be home.

I think in retrospect I should have seen the tiredness approaching. But I just put my inability to string good moves together whilst dancing with one very nice forumite (ha ha like I'm gonna say!) down to the fact that she was a very nice forumite! I've noticed before a tendancy toward brain death whilst dancing with attractive women well maybe not death but definitley reduced conciousness where I can only think of three moves and one of those is not vertical!

So In future I must watch how tired I am before boogieing on to the end!
I'm Old now. Look I really must be, "old" capitalised it self.

So; fortunately I'm safe, had loads of good to great dances (some mmmmmm Hello! ones) and only 2 naff ones!

Ta ladies

xxx

fletch
5th-August-2006, 08:49 AM
So In future I must watch how tired I am before boogieing on to the end!
I'm Old now. Look I really must be, "old" capitalised it self.

HO, SO THATS WHY YOU NEAVER SAID GOOD BYE, THE MEMORY IS GOING:rolleyes:

Trousers
5th-August-2006, 09:30 AM
HO, SO THATS WHY YOU NEAVER SAID GOOD BYE, THE MEMORY IS GOING:rolleyes:

Hey I resemble that statement! :na:

Yliander
5th-August-2006, 09:31 AM
Woking for me I think on Saturday

Whats Meltdown ??what Piglet said - andyou can also find all the details at www.djsheepman.blogspot.com

WittyBird
5th-August-2006, 09:50 AM
And Witty you obviously had your Frosties this morning the dances were grrrreat.

Eh? :confused: Are trying to infer that I was bouncing? :sad:

Trousers
5th-August-2006, 09:59 AM
Eh? :confused: Are trying to infer that I was bouncing? :sad:
Nope complexion maybe a tad stripey but no bounces

WittyBird
5th-August-2006, 10:11 AM
Nope complexion maybe a tad stripey but no bounces

Still non the wiser

But this grumpy bird is useless in a morning :rofl:

fletch
5th-August-2006, 11:27 AM
But this grumpy bird is useless in a morning :rofl:

Shhhhhhhhhh

Have got the witty1 up early and i'm ready for action, just got to get her out the door now:wink:

Trousers
5th-August-2006, 12:16 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh

Have got the witty1 up early and i'm ready for action, just got to get her out the door now:wink:

Are you two Hot Desking there?

ducasi
5th-August-2006, 01:36 PM
what Piglet said - andyou can also find all the details at www.djsheepman.blogspot.com
Looking increasingly unlike that we'll be there... :tears:

Georgious dancer
6th-August-2006, 12:32 AM
Just got home from Greenwich and it was FAB:clap:

There was a really great atmosphere and Erick played one of his best sets yet - he was on fire! I didn't want the night to end!

The only down side was that there were loads of people that I didn't get to dance with:sad:

Tiggerbabe
6th-August-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm in a Travelodge in Ringwood :eek: visiting "Monkey World" in Wareham this weekend :D

Dave Hancock
6th-August-2006, 10:58 AM
Just up after a good night at the Meltdown, lots of lovely dancers and some nice tunes, only thing was the floor was a bit sticky, still am sure it will be a bit more slick on 21st Oct.

Little Monkey
6th-August-2006, 12:32 PM
only thing was the floor was a bit sticky

Yes, the floor wasn't great last night. It was re-sealed only two days before the party, so we weren't 100% sure what it would be like to dance on. Hopefully it'll improve!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who came along and made it such a great night!:flower: We'd not quite expexted such a fantastic turnout, with only two weeks to organise the event!

Special thanks to Paul (pmjd), who helped me at the door, and who also brought the most scrummy chocolate cheesecake I've ever had! :drool: It was just such a shame that your knee gave out early on in the evening, and you had to sit out for the rest of the night!:( Also huge thank you to yourself and Yliander for helping to clear up after the party.:hug: And a big thanks to Yli for letting us hire the dj equipment, too!

Also a big thanks to LemonCake and Piglet, who both brought cakes. We had so much cake in the end, that I thought it would never get eaten (chocolate cheesecake, two lemon cakes, banana loaf, two huge carrot cakes, and chocolate somethings), but nearly all of it went in the end!!

A Happy (but tired) Little Monkey :flower:

Twirly
6th-August-2006, 03:10 PM
Had a great time at Greenwich last night - and thank you so much to all the forumites who made me feel welcome since I wound up going on my own at the last minute. My friend had a migraine and couldn't come - wasn't sure how I felt about going somewhere I'd not been before on my own but I'm so glad that I did :) :clap:

Thanks for the dances too - sorry if I looked terrified! :eek: (it was just concentration, honest :blush: ) I'm always nervous when I dance with someone for the first time (sometimes even second or third time) when I know they're really good... and you guys are. Think I was scared that if I didn't do reasonably well I'd become a forum-outcast... so thanks for the encouragement too. :grin:

spindr
6th-August-2006, 04:09 PM
Great night at Liberty Ballroom on Friday -- midnight finish, but seemed ealier somehow -- always fun to inflict a dance or two on the Bristle and Bath ladies.

SpinDr

P.S. And nice to see MostlySane and a couple of other forumites wandering down -- probably trying trying to avoid ESG's eagle-eyed lens :devil:

Piglet
6th-August-2006, 04:37 PM
A big thank you
to Sheepman and Little Monkey for the Meltdown Party last night. And another thanks to Sheepman for the gorgeous dance - had so many but that one sticks out cos he managed to get me to do Ochoes! :clap: There is hope for me yet!

Thanks also to my travel buddies from Aberdeen, lots seemed to be going wrong at one point but we pulled together and got there, just a shame the night seemed to be over so soon.

And PMJD hope your knee is feeling better today - I'm just gonna have to grab you for about 1/2 an hour of dancing when we next meet to make up for all these misses we keep having :wink:

Georgious dancer
6th-August-2006, 06:36 PM
Had a great time at Greenwich last night

Looks like we missed each other again!:sad: Can't believe Taz didn't introduce us - she really is a devil!

Still glad that you had a good time, it was a fantastic evening, and hopefully we will catch ups soon!

Freya
6th-August-2006, 07:40 PM
What a GREAT weekend. Although I'm now shattered!

Friday
There was an Inverness Freestyle on Friday night so Headed up for the Day. Many Thanx to Piglet for keeping me company and putting up with me for the whole day and keeping awake for the journey home. Also Thanx to Dazzler for meeting us for lunch. Not sure where we would have ended up otherwise :grin:

Inverness has some fantastic dancers and am really glad we went up. Looking forward to more dances from you all. :hug:

Saturday

MELTDOWN...I'm so Jealous of you guys in London. What a fantastic Mix of music, dancing and Cakes. Ta Sheepman for some ace tunes and also for letting me try and lead although I probably picked the worst song for me to lead to.....I'm only a beginner and that was far too difficult for me although extreamly funky! It was great when you took over.

BIG:hug::hug: to Little Monkey too for co-organising the night! Can we have another one Soon. :flower:

Ta everyone for my dances especially Azande, PretzelMeister, Mcjester, Gadget, Aleks and Piglet. Sorry I wasn't as hyper as normal! And for making us late it was all my fault! :hug:

Must have been the Weekend for Sticky Dance floors tho. Inverness was really sticky till we went and put Talc all over it :wink and Dundee had just been Re-sealed! :tears:

pmjd
6th-August-2006, 08:42 PM
Well Done to Little Monkey & Sheepman for organising the Dundee Meltdown:cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Even thought I didn't get to do much dancing:( it was great to listen to fabulous music and see amazing dancers on the floor, I'll try and remember some of the moves I saw for when I'm back in action:waycool:

Thanks again to Little Monkey & Yliander for sympathy and medical supplies!:flower:
and to Lemoncake, Piglet & Little Monkey for fantastic cakes:yum::drool: :yum: :drool:

Paul

Twirly
6th-August-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks like we missed each other again!:sad: Can't believe Taz didn't introduce us - she really is a devil!

Still glad that you had a good time, it was a fantastic evening, and hopefully we will catch ups soon!

Darn it! :tears: Well, I'll be going to Hammersmith on Saturday... maybe see you there?

Night Owl
6th-August-2006, 09:29 PM
Friday
There was an Inverness Freestyle on Friday night so Headed up for the Day. Many Thanx to Piglet for keeping me company and putting up with me for the whole day and keeping awake for the journey home. Also Thanx to Dazzler for meeting us for lunch. Not sure where we would have ended up otherwise :grin:

Inverness has some fantastic dancers and am really glad we went up. Looking forward to more dances from you all. :hug:

:clap: :yeah: next one on Sept !st,was great to see you and Pamela there

ShinyWeeStar
6th-August-2006, 10:16 PM
A big thank you

to Sheepman and Little Monkey for the Meltdown Party last night.

And PMJD hope your knee is feeling better today

MELTDOWN...I'm so Jealous of you guys in London. What a fantastic Mix of music, dancing and Cakes.
:yeah: Had a fab night - thanks everyone for the dances and yummy cakes, and special thanks to Sheepman and LM for organising/running it. :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
6th-August-2006, 10:20 PM

Sorry babes, When I took Twirly over to the corner where most forumites were you had disappeared off for a dance with Dirty D :rolleyes: Next time I will give you and intro :nice:

And YES I really am a devil :devil:

Greenwich was fab last night :clap: although I was shattered as I had to go straight from work :sad: Erick played a wonderful couple of sets as per usual :worthy: and the jive aces were great too. :clap: :clap:

Sorry I didn't get to dance with you all :sad: there was soo many great leads there last night I simply couldn't get round to dancing with everyone.

It was lovely to meet Twirly and formally meet Jive Knight, had fab dances with you both :flower:

Well done Dan, Rus and Kel for arranging such a great evening :worthy: :clap:

jiveknight
6th-August-2006, 10:57 PM
and the jive aces were great too. :clap: :clap:

Sorry I didn't get to dance with you all :sad: there was soo many great leads there last night I simply couldn't get round to dancing with everyone.

It was lovely to meet Twirly and formally meet Jive Knight, had fab dances with you both :flower:

Thank you very much...Cheers! :cheers: and likewise! Look forward to the next one :nice:

It was a nice atmosphere there too.

Minnie M
7th-August-2006, 11:23 AM
:clap: Just got back from Camp Savoy - amaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeng

So well organised, great accomodation (those students are so lucky) yummy food, and really friendly people - the BEST lindy event of the year without doubt :respect: :worthy:

They had some of the 'SDF' lot there (3 couples) Darren & Lana did an amazing latin routine - the other two did lindy (:confused: :rolleyes:) with so many really experienced dances - (not allow to give personal opinion I could get into trouble) :whistle:

Almost an Angel
7th-August-2006, 04:21 PM
:clap: Just got back from Camp Savoy - amaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeng

So well organised, great accomodation (those students are so lucky) yummy food, and really friendly people - the BEST lindy event of the year without doubt :respect: :worthy:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
:clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :clap:

Me too - I was lucky enough to have the fabulous Minnie for company this weekend. :hug:

I'm exhausted - but it was more than worth it - the event went really well and lucky us had a late night acoustic set from Casey Macgill at 1am (this would explain why I'm so tired today) Oops!

:
They had some of the 'SDF' lot there (3 couples) Darren & Lana did an amazing latin routine

Yup was REALLY REALLY good! :worthy:
Plus this little Angel got to look after them all :D :waycool:
Ben and Dawn (awww don't they make a cute couple) plus Paul (MacGuire) and Jennifer.

Definately will be back there next year the teaching and the Cabaret performances were outstanding :respect:

Angel xxx

Georgious dancer
7th-August-2006, 07:44 PM
Darn it! :tears: Well, I'll be going to Hammersmith on Saturday... maybe see you there?

Not sure what my plans for this weekend are but I'll either post or PM you to let you know!

Sheepman
8th-August-2006, 02:28 PM
Thank you! To all those fab dancers who came on Saturday and made it a night. (More gushing here (www.djsheepman.blogspot.com)!) It was good to meet some new faces, and LemonCake, you had no need to make excuses about the cake, it was :yum: :yum: ! As was the cheesecake. Sadly I didn't manage to get hold of any of the other cakes, I can't believe how much was brought along, and how much vanished!

Has anyone posted any pics from the night? I noticed plenty of flashing going on, but didn't have a chance to use my camera. :sad:

Sunday turned out to be rather a "different" day, as the car we'd borrowed broke down about 20 miles from Dundee, so several hours were spent by the roadside waiting for rescue. I'm just glad that didn't happen the night before!

Greg

ducasi
8th-August-2006, 02:47 PM
... I noticed plenty of flashing going on ...:really: OK, that's the last time I miss one of your events!

Yliander
8th-August-2006, 03:04 PM
Has anyone posted any pics from the night? I noticed plenty of flashing going on, but didn't have a chance to use my camera. :sad: Mine will be up tomorrow night!

LemonCake
8th-August-2006, 03:16 PM
... LemonCake, you had no need to make excuses about the cake, it was :yum: :yum: ! As was the cheesecake. Sadly I didn't manage to get hold of any of the other cakes, I can't believe how much was brought along, and how much vanished!

I'm glad you liked it! As Meegan said though, the last one was better (the pitfalls of using an unfamiliar oven :whistle: ) which hopefully you will be able to judge for yourself in future. I think cake should be a regular addition to Ceroc events!

Has anyone posted any pics from the night? I noticed plenty of flashing going on, but didn't have a chance to use my camera. :sad:

I might have been the one flashing a lot :whistle: :innocent: - it was the first outing for my digital camera, but I discovered how difficult it is to get a good photo of dancers without arms in the way/backs turned/another couple stepping in the way. I'll put up a couple more of the most identifiable.

Thanks to everyone for organising it :worthy: :hug: I had a great time :clap:

Sheepman
8th-August-2006, 03:22 PM
but I discovered how difficult it is to get a good photo of dancers Don't forget even ESG discards 90%. Moving fast in dark places, :what: dancers are difficult to capture!

Greg

Cruella
8th-August-2006, 03:36 PM
dancers are difficult to capture!

Greg
Depends how fast they run!

littlewiggle
9th-August-2006, 07:04 PM
Depends how fast they run!

And who's chasing......:wink:

Yliander
9th-August-2006, 10:32 PM
Mine will be up tomorrow night! and here they finally are photos from Meltdown Dundee (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=bn23palx.5x6gqujx&Uy=-308iyz&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0) enjoy

not as good as ESG's but some nice happy snaps

Piglet
10th-August-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos Yli - really like the one of me and Fireman Stuart!

Little Monkey
18th-August-2006, 08:54 PM
and here they finally are photos from Meltdown Dundee (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=bn23palx.5x6gqujx&Uy=-308iyz&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0) enjoy

And I'm absolutely sure I told you not to post any photos of me (or even take any), so thanks a lot for that.:mad:

Beowulf
18th-August-2006, 10:49 PM
and here they finally are photos from Meltdown Dundee (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=bn23palx.5x6gqujx&Uy=-308iyz&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0) enjoy

I can't get the link to work :sad:

Sheepman
19th-August-2006, 02:44 AM
No need to worry, it works fine for me! :devil: :wink:

Greg

Yliander
19th-August-2006, 09:41 AM
And I'm absolutely sure I told you not to post any photos of me (or even take any), so thanks a lot for that.:mad:awww but you look so cute! :flower: