PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc in Canterbury (or surrounding area)?

Heather M
19th-July-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi,

I'm going to be in Canterbury for a music course Sunday 30th July - Saturday 5th August. Does anyone know whether there are any Ceroc venues nearby (and if so are they easy to find?)?

Cheers,

Heather :flower:

sparkledancer
19th-July-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi there, trying going to www.cerockent.com They have a list of all venues around Kent. There is a class on a Wednesday in Canterbury which is in the city centre and easy to find!

Have fun.

S. xx

DangerousCurves
19th-July-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi Heather,

I strongly recommend you check out Dance Riviera in Kent too. They have venues open every night of the week, and every time I have gone I have found the teaching great and the dancers really friendly.

You may already know two of the people who run it - the lovely Jim and Nicky, who teach at a lot of the big weekend events.

Heres a link:

http://www.danceriviera.com

Have fun ! :hug:

Heather M
20th-July-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your help (and to those of you who sent PMs)... :flower:

Can any locals tell me what the public transport is like around the area? (I'm not going to have my car with me unfortunately)

Definitely planning on going to Ceroc in Canterbury on the Wednesday :clap: but fancy fitting in some more dancing while I'm down there if possible...

sparkledancer
20th-July-2006, 04:25 PM
Canterbury has a big bus station so you can probably go anywhere by bus, its in the town centre so easy to find.
There are 2 train stations - Canterbury East and Canterbury West. The West one is closest to the Ceroc venue on a Wednesday and the East one is close to the top of town and the bus station. Canterbury West line runs from Waterloo through to Ramsgate/Margate and Canterbury East runs from Victoria through to Dover. Not sure on whether the last train/bus leaves at a decent time or not.

Hope you have fun, enjoy the lovely little shops.

S. xx

Bigger Andy
20th-July-2006, 04:37 PM
Hope you have fun, enjoy the lovely little shops.

I think that you will find that Canterbury is a good shopping centre now that the Whitefriars is open.

Lots of new clothes shops !

sparkledancer
20th-July-2006, 04:41 PM
It sure is, lots of new shops at one end of town and the lovely quaint ones at the other end!

S. xx

Heather M
21st-July-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys... I'm staying in accommodation at Canterbury Christ Church University - is this within walking distance of the Wednesday venue?

Bigger Andy
21st-July-2006, 12:55 PM
Heather,

Yes - it's probably less than a mile.

Straight down the High Street towards the Westgate Towers and then turn right between the Church and The Cricketers pub.

Thanks guys... I'm staying in accommodation at Canterbury Christ Church University - is this within walking distance of the Wednesday venue?

Heather M
22nd-July-2006, 06:28 PM
Great - thanks (and thanks for the PM) :flower:

Heather M
27th-July-2006, 10:25 AM
Been on the danceriviera website and it says that there is a freestyle night in Deal on Friday nights? Can anyone tell me whether this is on every week? (specifically next Friday)

bigdjiver
27th-July-2006, 11:06 AM
Been on the danceriviera website and it says that there is a freestyle night in Deal on Friday nights? Can anyone tell me whether this is on every week? (specifically next Friday)There is a calendar page, with a month tag. It does not show Deal this Friday.

http://www.danceriviera.com/calendar/index.php?calendar=publicplace

but sept 1st

http://www.danceriviera.com/deal.html

Bigger Andy
27th-July-2006, 12:18 PM
Been on the danceriviera website and it says that there is a freestyle night in Deal on Friday nights? Can anyone tell me whether this is on every week? (specifically next Friday)

Heather,

For a definitive answer try PM'ing Swinging Bee or e-mail John and Linda at dance@jivehive.co.uk

Heather M
29th-July-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks very much folks! :cheers: Hope to get a few dances with you on Wednesday! :clap:

Heather M
6th-August-2006, 03:42 PM
Just got home late last night. Thanks so much for a great night guys! (especially Elaine, Mark, Leon, Bruce and Colin) Had some lovely dances with other people too but didn't catch your names, sorry! Definitely hope to visit again in the future!! :cheers: :clap: :hug: Heather x