PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 Fri 18th April

Dance Demon
15th-April-2003, 04:41 PM
Just a wee reminder that ROUTE 66 is on again on Good Friday, so if you fancy starting the holiday weekend off with a night of jivin to music thats a bit different, Dr feelgood an' me will be glad to see y'all........
:cheers:

Lindsay
16th-April-2003, 02:21 PM
Asbestos shoes at the ready....

Twinkle Toes
16th-April-2003, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lindsay
Asbestos shoes at the ready....

Twinkle Toes also prepared to spring into action.

TT

Wendy
16th-April-2003, 02:37 PM
Planning my first Route 66 outing.... scary... all that footwork and two tone shoes.... be nice to me you guys...

Wxxx

Dance Demon
16th-April-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Planning my first Route 66 outing.... scary... all that footwork and two tone shoes.... be nice to me you guys...

Wxxx

No need to worry W...you don't need to have fancy footwork....well not too much:wink: I'm sure you'll love every minute..:hug: ...........i really like this smiley

:D

Wendy
16th-April-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I'm sure you'll love every minute..:hug:

You don't talk at it, do you ? :wink:

Wxxx

TheTramp
16th-April-2003, 07:24 PM
Glad you like the smiley DD. :hug:

Can we have a word about postponing all the Route 66 parties between now and July, and then having them all, one after another in July please?? :D

Steve

Dance Demon
16th-April-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Glad you like the smiley DD. :hug:

Can we have a word about postponing all the Route 66 parties between now and July, and then having them all, one after another in July please?? :D

Steve

Hmmm!.....dunno about that one Steve......but you can make up for all the ones you missed at the July beach party.....and show off all that funky beach wear you bought in Oz :waycool:

Dance Demon
16th-April-2003, 10:03 PM
You don't talk at it, do you ? :wink:

Wxxx

Do you mean talk over the music, or in between tracks?.........either way, nope not really:hug:

Wendy
16th-April-2003, 11:34 PM
Do you mean talk over the music, or in between tracks?.........either way, nope not really:hug:

:D :wink: :hug:

Wx

Dance Demon
19th-April-2003, 12:08 PM
well .. another Route 66 night goes in...saw a few forum members up strutting their stuff........hope y'all had a good night

Oh..and Wendy....you appeared to get by very well without the fancy footwork and two tone shoes:wink: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Wendy
19th-April-2003, 04:56 PM

Oh..and Wendy....you appeared to get by very well without the fancy footwork and two tone shoes:wink: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Had a fantastic time !!! Think I only sat out about 3 records the whole night !!!

You made me feel very welcome - thanks DD and the others. The music was brilliant (T Rex, Suzi Quatro and Dr Feelgood in the first set Woww !!!) and the second set was great too - even if I didn't recognise a lot of it !!! Duck marshmallows, mini choc eggs... enjoyed our dance DD .. looking forward to another one soon... oh and I've found a new BTC man but he left early :tears: - I'll just have to come back !!!!

Wxxx

Twinkle Toes
20th-April-2003, 03:39 AM
Had a great night as usual DD. Keep those records spinning.

:cheers: :hug:

Dance Demon
20th-April-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
Had a great night as usual DD. Keep those records spinning.

:cheers: :hug:

Glad you enjoyed it TT.....I enjoyed Dr Feelgoods set too..nice mixture....

PS I think I've sussed who you are now....:wink: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Dance Demon
20th-April-2003, 01:51 PM
Had a fantastic time !!! Think I only sat out about 3 records the whole night !!!

Duck marshmallows, mini choc eggs... enjoyed our dance DD .. looking forward to another one soon... oh and I've found a new BTC man but he left early :tears: - I'll just have to come back !!!!

Wxxx

What:what: ......I was there right till the end:wink: I think I might know who your BTC man is.......was he about avarage height & build with dark hair and moustache?.........

Glad you had fun....:hug: :kiss:

Wendy
20th-April-2003, 07:13 PM
I think I might know who your BTC man is.......was he about avarage height & build with dark hair and moustache?.........

Nope - although I did really enjoy dancing with him (and hope he forgives me for leading a little:sorry )....

Wxxx

Chicklet
21st-April-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks for a great night from me too guys.

And not only did Wendy find a BTC GUY, we might have also found a new BTC TRACK in the car on the way home......I know I've mentioned it before but there has now been independent (!!!???) adjudication that Bill Dogget's Honkey Tonk should be added to the BTC playlist so jocks take note.

Unfortunately it might not be too easy to find in an appropriate format - I think I can only offer a vinyl 7 incher with an enormous hole in the middle but will check out a few compilations in the family vaults just in case.

C

Dr. Feelgood
21st-April-2003, 02:05 PM
Glad you all enjoyed the night. It's great fun playing all that brill music but what really makes it worthwhile is knowing that it's appreciated.

Wendy, the Dr. Feelgood track was especially for you - thought you'd like it... can't believe it's taken this long to work out who you are!

And I've also worked out who Chicklet is. Knowing the words to some of the King's more "obscure" songs was a giveaway.

Chicklet
21st-April-2003, 02:45 PM
DF,

I thought you knew AGES ago....but appologies cos I was obviously singing and this is never a comfortable thing for anyone within a few yards!!!!

Thank you for indulging me while they were on!!!!

C

Dance Demon
21st-April-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Thanks for a great night from me too guys.

And not only did Wendy find a BTC GUY, we might have also found a new BTC TRACK in the car on the way home......I know I've mentioned it before but there has now been independent (!!!???) adjudication that Bill Dogget's Honkey Tonk should be added to the BTC playlist so jocks take note.

I think I can only offer a vinyl 7 incher with an enormous hole

C

I have a song called honky tonk, in two different versions....one by Preston Shannon,....and the Other byLeon McAuliffe, but not sure if it,s the same song as the one you mention......

Re the vinyl 7incher with the enormous hole.....does it require batteries?....:wink: :sorry :hug: