PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity Knocks! Commonwealth Games Opening & Closing Ceremonies

John S
20th-May-2002, 11:18 AM
I just received this and thought someone might be interested in getting themselves on telly! Not much notice, especially for those of us in Scotland, but there might be some Forum readers in the area who could get there. (Oddly enough I'll be in Manchester that night, but I don't think you'll be seeing me on the silver screen - relief all round!!):D

COMMONWEALTH GAMES TO HOST FINAL AUDITION FOR CEREMONIES

Final preparations are underway for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester with the announcement that the final audition for cast will take place on Wednesday 22 May 2002.

The Ceremonies - which will open and close the Commonwealth Games at the new showpiece City of Manchester Stadium in front of Her Majesty, the Queen, on 25 July and 4 August respectively - will be among the most spectacular productions ever staged in the United Kingdom, with almost 7,000 cast members already recruited.

The announcement today by M2002, Games' organisers and the show's producers, Jack Morton Worldwide, is a request for enthusiastic members of the general public, who wish to grasp this exciting opportunity to volunteer their services and showcase their talent in front of a live audience of 38,000 and a worldwide television audience of nearly 1 billion, to attend the final audition for cast.

The auditions are open to adult males and females who dance in any style of dance including (but not limited to):
Salsa, Disco, Ceroc, Contemporary, Classical, Line Dancing, Jazz and Street.

If selected, individuals will perform in an energetic and exuberant show, which promises to a once in a lifetime experience.

People wishing to take part in the auditions are invited to come along to:

City College
City Campus (Visitors Entrance)
Whitworth Street
Manchester

On Wednesday 22nd May, 2002 between 6pm and 10pm

People are asked to wear comfortable clothing and soft-soled shoes. Unfortunately, this audition excludes anyone under 18 years of age.