PDA

View Full Version : Forum Photo Gallery

Yliander
12th-July-2006, 03:51 PM
just noticed the photo gallery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost) - very nice

Cruella
12th-July-2006, 04:07 PM
Cool :waycool: Now to find some incriminating photos to put in it :whistle:
No seriously, are there any restrictions? Is it just for dance photographs? What size, etc?

Franck
12th-July-2006, 04:15 PM
Cool :waycool: Now to find some incriminating photos to put in it :whistle:
No seriously, are there any restrictions? Is it just for dance photographs? What size, etc?Well, it's your gallery, as requested by Gadget in this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3307) (2 year ago :wink: who says I don't listen :whistle: ).

Anyway, with the growing numbers of pictures added, it made sense. So there are no restrictions on what forum members can post. If you create a photo album, you have the option to make it private, and if anyone who is very familiar with gallery software (or indeed PhotoPost, the software I'm using) has suggestions for improvements, I'd be happy to implement them.

You can also add videos :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-July-2006, 04:29 PM
Wayhey! this should be fun.

Thanks, Franck.

Sparkles
12th-July-2006, 04:34 PM
I wanna play too :(.

I know....

Dear Santa,
Please bring me a digital camera for Christmas this year...
... I promise to be very very good.
Yours hopefully,
Sparkles.

Beowulf
12th-July-2006, 04:54 PM
very very cool !!

thanks Franck !

El Salsero Gringo
12th-July-2006, 06:41 PM
I wonder - if you're on someone's ignore list, does that mean they can't see your photos either? Or can I send David Franklin messages via the photo galleries? :wink:

Yliander
12th-July-2006, 07:57 PM
well I've added my first photos to the gallery - evidence of Beowolf's dare inluding video clip

Beowulf
12th-July-2006, 08:09 PM
cool ;)

Yliander
12th-July-2006, 08:32 PM
cool ;)glad you liked

Gadget
13th-July-2006, 07:19 AM
any idea what order the images are in?
Can we rep people for them?
can it list latest comments and latest uploads?

Yliander
13th-July-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok I can post photos - but how to I see an individuals gallery???

for example I know that Gadget has a gallery - but I can't seem to get to a page where I just see his photos ....

Beowulf
13th-July-2006, 09:49 AM
I do like the new gallery. You can sort images on name when you upload them I think.. I know I sorted the order of my ones.

Gadget.. LOVE the darth Maul .. haha superb! if I could rep I would !!

in fact (reps his post in this thread!) :clap::respect:

ducasi
13th-July-2006, 09:54 AM
:yeah:

Thanks for adding this to the forum Franck.

What do folks think about a "caption competition" gallery?

ducasi
13th-July-2006, 09:55 AM
Ok I can post photos - but how to I see an individuals gallery???

for example I know that Gadget has a gallery - but I can't seem to get to a page where I just see his photos ....
In the members galleries, don't click the name – click the photo. :)

Yliander
13th-July-2006, 10:13 AM
In the members galleries, don't click the name – click the photo. :)Ah ha!! thank you :flower:

Beowulf
13th-July-2006, 10:18 AM

Thanks for adding this to the forum Franck.

What do folks think about a "caption competition" gallery?

sounds like it could be a laugh!! :clap:

Donna
13th-July-2006, 11:03 AM
Love the idea of the forum photo gallery. :clap: Great idea.
(How do you post a pic on it though?:confused: )

Love that one of Franck too!!! :eek:

Tiggerbabe
13th-July-2006, 11:21 AM
Love the idea of the forum photo gallery. :clap: Great idea.
(How do you post a pic on it though?:confused: )

2nd tool bar, far right hand side, "upload photos" just click on it and it will take you to the page :)

ducasi
13th-July-2006, 11:56 AM
Users browsing the gallery: ducasi, FranckHey, look! We can see invisible people! :really:

Beowulf
13th-July-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey, look! We can see invisible people! :really:

which reminds me.. whats the similarity between the films The 6th Sense and Titanic?

"Icy dead people"

(sorry!)

hmm.. so if you're logged on as invisible you can be spotted in the photo forum .. have to remember that one ;)

Donna
13th-July-2006, 12:25 PM
which reminds me.. whats the similarity between the films The 6th Sense and Titanic?

"Icy dead people"

(sorry!)

hmm.. so if you're logged on as invisible you can be spotted in the photo forum .. have to remember that one ;)

ha ha ha! :rofl: :devil:

Gadget
13th-July-2006, 12:37 PM
Any way to move photos? - I see the new categories, but some of the pics should be moved into them (and perhaps Donna's into the "who's Who"?)

Franck
13th-July-2006, 12:47 PM
Any way to move photos? - I see the new categories, but some of the pics should be moved into them (and perhaps Donna's into the "who's Who"?)
Yes, I am still playing with the settings, and I have now allowed members to move their own photos. Just select the photo (display it) and at the bottom you should have options to edit / move it.

I have also activated zip upload for those of you that would like to upload a large number of photos at once.

If there are any other features you would like to see implemented, other categories I should create, or if you're familiar with the Photopost software, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

ducasi
13th-July-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey, look! We can see invisible people! :really:
Oops! Not any more! :sad:

Stuart M
13th-July-2006, 01:27 PM
Couple of cosmetic issues from User Acceptance Testing :rolleyes:

1. If you click to rate a thread it automatically generates a blank comment. I thought lots of people were just not saying anything, until a) I did it myself and b) I realised one of the blank comments was from drathzel and that's just impossible :whistle: :hug:
2. The "Photo Gallery" quick link at the top of the page is appearing twice in the Apple White profile.

Otherwise fab - I may have to find some pics now...

Piglet
13th-July-2006, 02:01 PM
Wow! Fabulous - well done Franck and Gadget!!:flower:

Franck
13th-July-2006, 02:36 PM
1. If you click to rate a thread it automatically generates a blank comment. I thought lots of people were just not saying anything, until a) I did it myself and b) I realised one of the blank comments was from drathzel and that's just impossible :whistle: :hug: That's now fixed, so you can leave a rating without comment and it won't appear empty.
You can of course still add a comment as I'm sure they'll be appreciated :wink:

2. The "Photo Gallery" quick link at the top of the page is appearing twice in the Apple White profile.Fixed too, thanks for the feedback. Keep testing, keep letting me know...

It's worth noting that all the photos are currently only visible to Forum members, so if you are not logged on, you will see an empty gallery.
I'll probably open up the dance photos to the general public in the future, but will leave the 'Who's who' and forum areas accessible to Forum members only.

Rebecca
13th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
I'll probably open up the dance photos to the general public in the future, but will leave the 'Who's who' and forum areas accessible to Forum members only.

Personally I would prefer all of it to be 'members only'.

The Gallery is a great idea though :respect:

CJ
13th-July-2006, 02:47 PM

Donna
13th-July-2006, 02:58 PM

D'accord!!!

Donna
13th-July-2006, 03:03 PM
ooooooo k, this doesn't make sense, but how come I can attach the photo I'd like to put into the gallery on who's who, but can't upload the same one onto the gallery? :confused: Keeps saying it's unacceptable. :rolleyes:

Sparkles
13th-July-2006, 04:30 PM

completely agree.

Donna
13th-July-2006, 04:40 PM
completely agree.

Plus the idea of doing this is so that we get more members on the forum. :grin: :wink:

ducasi
13th-July-2006, 08:37 PM
ooooooo k, this doesn't make sense, but how come I can attach the photo I'd like to put into the gallery on who's who, but can't upload the same one onto the gallery? :confused: Keeps saying it's unacceptable. :rolleyes:
It must have a good taste filter... :wink:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-July-2006, 09:28 PM
I would like to post some photos, but I will need to take some first :rolleyes: UNLESS I put up the ones of Princess Fi and I.

Much love,
ash xxx :)

El Salsero Gringo
14th-July-2006, 08:30 AM
I've just noticed that one's sig is included in photo comments, even if not (being a lapsed member) in regular forum posts.

Paul F
14th-July-2006, 12:15 PM
Its a cool idea. I always wondered what people looked like. Trawling through the who's who thread to find out was not appealing.

jacksondonut
14th-July-2006, 04:38 PM
I do agree, it was hard work putting names to faces in the beginning ... a photo gallery is a terrific idea..... thankyou:flower:

*wanders off to start gazing at the nice piccies....*

Donna
14th-July-2006, 05:33 PM
I do agree, it was hard work putting names to faces in the beginning ... a photo gallery is a terrific idea..... thankyou:flower:

*wanders off to start gazing at the nice piccies....*

So let me get this staight - all those who put their photos in the members gallery, can only be accessed my members? Or can those who are just registered view them as well, but unable to upload their own? :confused:

ducasi
15th-July-2006, 04:58 PM
So let me get this staight - all those who put their photos in the members gallery, can only be accessed my members? Or can those who are just registered view them as well, but unable to upload their own? :confused:
Unregistered visitors don't seem to be able to see any pictures *currently*.

I don't think there's any difference between a registered user and a member *yet*.

ducasi
15th-July-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm just uploaded some pics I took at the Glasgow party (on you go and take a look! Two of them are in the caption competitions album (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=509) the rest you can find here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1306) :)) and I've two points to make...

First – disappointed it can't handle zip archives made by Mac OS X's Finder, but not too surprised.

Second – was a bit confused about which gallery to put them in... Here's my gallery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1306) – which gallery do you think I should have put each picture in?

Who's who? Ceroc Scotland Events? None? Both? (Is both possible?)

Third point... It's a shame it's not more obvious that there are new photos and/or comments. Not an easy problem to fix though.

under par
15th-July-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't appear to be able to see any photos in the gallery from my PC.

What settings could I possibly change?

when I use this link http://72.232.2.194/photopost I get an error page

Not Found
The requested URL /photopost was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.36 Server at 194.2.232.72.reverse.layeredtech.com Port 80

Any help gratefully recieved.

At work I can view okay!!:confused:

ducasi
15th-July-2006, 05:42 PM
Don't appear to be able to see any photos in the gallery from my PC.

What settings could I possibly change?

when I use this link http://72.232.2.194/photopost ... You shouldn't be using *any* URLs involving "72.232.2.194". That was just a hack while the name was lost in cyberspace back in December...

The forum is at this URL (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/index.php). (Bookmark it now!)

The Photo gallery is at this URL (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/index.php).

El Salsero Gringo
15th-July-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes, I am still playing with the settings, and I have now allowed members to move their own photos.Can you please allow non-members to move their own photos too (also to delete individual photos instead of whole albums)? Now I've uploaded a whole load of photos into the wrong gallery (not my fault - I *did* set the correct gallery name) my only option appears to be to delete pretty much every single photo I've posted and upload them all again.

Thoughts after using the gallery software: vastly too complicated, too many menus, options, galleries, links etc. Perhaps I'll get the hang of it soon.

Gadget
15th-July-2006, 08:52 PM
I find the navigation a bit confusing; if viewing one thing in a gallery, the "next"/"Previous" pics can be in a completley different one :confused:

I also have to search through lots of stuff to find the most recent additions and comments; most of that is knowledge of what's been posted/commented on before. (you can look at the last comment/pic - but only the last one)

Gadget
15th-July-2006, 10:03 PM
I've not made them public (so they won't show in the "most recent" or "random" images) but for those with a morbid curiosity, my family are here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=516&catp=kusrimac)... I'm beginning to really like this feature.. need to take more photos of dancing ;)

Paul F
16th-July-2006, 07:05 PM
Eek :what:

Something happened to my 'members galleries' page. It seems to have changed to a list view rather than grid view.
Is this a client-side setting?

El Salsero Gringo
17th-July-2006, 12:20 AM
Cool. Funky frames around the thumbnails, non-members can move and delete their photos (still can't move them anywhere sensible since the album names don't show up in the drop-down menu, but it's progress) and full-size photos now open in a new window. Nice improvements, Franck, thanks.

Franck
17th-July-2006, 12:32 AM
Cool. Funky frames around the thumbnails, non-members can move and delete their photos (still can't move them anywhere sensible since the album names don't show up in the drop-down menu, but it's progress) and full-size photos now open in a new window. Nice improvements, Franck, thanks.Thanks for the feedback, still tweaking here and there.

The way to make an album appear in a different category, is to click on 'My Albums' at the top left, then select 'edit' for the album you wish to move. You should then be able to assign a category to the album (last drop down menu) so that the album appears in the correct category as well as in the Members area. If you wish to move individual photos, you'll have to do them one at a time I think.

Franck
17th-July-2006, 12:34 AM
Something happened to my 'members galleries' page. It seems to have changed to a list view rather than grid view.
Is this a client-side setting?Sorry Paul, I was just playing with some of the settings, now back to normal.

Franck
17th-July-2006, 12:42 AM
Second – was a bit confused about which gallery to put them in... Here's my gallery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1306) – which gallery do you think I should have put each picture in?

Who's who? Ceroc Scotland Events? None? Both? (Is both possible?)Yes, not an easy decision to make for me either, the categories are still fluid and I might add new ones (or change existing ones) as more people upload pictures...
Currently my thinking with regards to categories is as follows:
- 'Dance photos' should be for pictures that capture dance / movement.
- Who's who, if the main subject of the photo is/are Forum members.
- Ceroc Scotland Events: For general pictures of groups / venues and anything showcasing our events.

Third point... It's a shame it's not more obvious that there are new photos and/or comments. Not an easy problem to fix though.Yes, not very obvious, the best way is to either subscribe to a Gallery (there is a link under the thumbnails) so that you get an email notification for each download and comments). You can also use the Search facility which allows you to filter photos by date / user / etc...
Finally, a great way to browse photos is to click on the date in the calendar on the left, which shows you the photos uploaded that day!

Paul F
17th-July-2006, 05:00 AM
Sorry Paul, I was just playing with some of the settings, now back to normal.

Thanks Franck. :cheers:

Lory
17th-July-2006, 09:27 AM
It's a shame it's not more obvious that there are new photos and/or comments. Not an easy problem to fix though.
I've clicked on 'Recent photo's' - '1 day' on the top line and this shows the latest ones that've been added.

I really like the gallery but must admit, i'm finding the navigating a little confusing. Are lots of the pics duplicated in more than one catagory:confused:

Northants Girly
17th-July-2006, 10:38 AM
I really like the gallery but must admit, i'm finding the navigating a little confusing. :confused::yeah: I'm SO glad YOU said that Lory as now I know I'm not the only one! :rolleyes:

El Salsero Gringo
17th-July-2006, 11:37 AM
:yeah: I'm SO glad YOU said that Lory as now I know I'm not the only one! :rolleyes:No you're not. I think it's a complete nightmare to find your way around.

However, it's not much more complicated than the rest of the Forum, what with the different Forums, and PM's and all the other stuff. I think a bit of familiarity with it goes a long way.

Gadget
17th-July-2006, 08:24 PM
Not really: when the "previous" photo thumbnail is to the right, and the "Previous" link arrows point to the left it starts to get confusing.

And then you have every different area with different ways to sort the photos, in different places on the screen.

And navigating to a photo in the member's area has the "previous/next" showing only that person's photos, but the "previous/next" in a section just goes to the previous/next photo number rather than the one within that area.

So, navigation is a bit tricky (but found some cool stuff while wandering arround :D)
---------

Can it remember the view settings for next login? (gallery, thumbnail, puzzle...)

Can it not default to X pics wide so that you need to scroll right to see all the photos (Not used to scrolling right - OK up and down though)

Can you see the person's gallerys from their profiles?

I like the search, but would be nice to include a "display order" for the results

ducasi
17th-July-2006, 09:45 PM
Can it not default to X pics wide so that you need to scroll right to see all the photos (Not used to scrolling right - OK up and down though) :yeah:

I think 7 pictures across is too much – 4 is about right. It'd be nice if this was settable by the user.

I've found a couple of inconsistencies...

In the member's gallery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showmembers.php?cat=500), Freya is listed as having 3 photos, but when you click there's only 2 (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1896), though then when you view one of them (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=184&cat=500&ppuser=1896), there's 3 again, though the 2nd (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=182&cat=500&ppuser=1896) and 3rd (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=183&cat=500&ppuser=1896) are identical (but have different photo numbers.)

In Tiggerbabe's gallery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5), her "This is me" photo is listed as having 2 comments – but when you look at the actual photo (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7&cat=500&ppuser=5), there are no comments.

:confused:

Gadget
17th-July-2006, 09:48 PM
The number of comments includes "votes" (I think) - even if there are no comments

Freyas I think is because one photo is registered in two places (don't know how to do that yet)

ducasi
17th-July-2006, 10:23 PM
I've rated photos after which there were still 0 comments... E.g. 2leftfeet's dazzling sun-set (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=62&cat=504).

Perhaps Freya uploaded the same picture twice in two different places, but photopost is occasionally smart and sometimes knows that the two are the same?

Gadget
17th-July-2006, 10:53 PM
maybe it was before the 'feature' of having blank comments when you voted was turned off? :shrug:

ducasi
17th-July-2006, 11:08 PM
maybe it was before the 'feature' of having blank comments when you voted was turned off? :shrug:
Good point! I expect that's it.

El Salsero Gringo
17th-July-2006, 11:12 PM
Has anyone spotted a way of being notified when someone leaves a comment on one of your photos?

Whitebeard
17th-July-2006, 11:31 PM
Cool. Funky frames around the thumbnails ........

Funny thing, taste, I hate 'em !!!

ducasi
18th-July-2006, 06:10 AM
Has anyone spotted a way of being notified when someone leaves a comment on one of your photos?
I was asked when I uploaded my photos if I wished to be notified of new comments.

There's also a "Receive Email Updates" link below photos which will keep you up-to-date.

Also, if you go to your profile page, I think there might be further options.

Haven't found a way to be notified of comments to any of your pictures, or to the whole system...

Stuart M
18th-July-2006, 09:28 AM
Yes - that tiggerbabe photo was one of the first ones up on the site, and drathzel and myself had both rated it (we're both very efficient at sucking up to the moderators, you see :D ).

Minor request regarding names of sections Franck - maybe the "Great Photos" section could be renamed as "General" or "Non-Dance"? We're all reasonably self-effacing here (despite being dancers :rolleyes: ) and would rather let other folks decide whether a photo is "Great" or not. And it prejudices the viewer a bit - like the Brockian Ultra Cricket phenomenon in reverse, really.

Gadget
18th-July-2006, 12:35 PM
Another thought - can we have a "Competition" area? people post photos for X duration and the one with the best score wins? - could theme them every month etc.
Just a thought. :cool:

edit - wow - that was quick :respect:

Franck
18th-July-2006, 12:49 PM
Another thought - can we have a "Competition" area? people post photos for X duration and the one with the best score wins? - could theme them every month etc.
Just a thought. :cool:

edit - wow - that was quick :respect:I aim to please!

I have now added a 'Picture Challenge' category. You can add one photo per week to the contest, and winners will be announced weekly on the Forum. Once the week is over, I'll move the photos to the Challenge Archive where they'll still be viewable / votable, to make room for the new weekly offerings.

If weekly is too much, I'll change it to monthly, depending on response.

I have already uploaded a picture, and instead of a rating, you get to vote for your favourite picture.

Gadget
18th-July-2006, 12:53 PM
Won't that pose a problem? Unless everyone votes on a specific day once all the photos are in or everyone uploads on a specific day - otherwise how can you vote on the best when you haven't seen the rest?

Franck
18th-July-2006, 01:03 PM
Won't that pose a problem? Unless everyone votes on a specific day once all the photos are in or everyone uploads on a specific day - otherwise how can you vote on the best when you haven't seen the rest?
Ah, yes, good point!

Right, I have disabled voting until Saturday midnight to give everyone a chance to upload their photos. Voting will start on Sunday until Tuesday midnight, when a new round will start. (I'm happy to change the above if more sensible suggestions are made :wink: )

Donna
18th-July-2006, 02:23 PM
Ah, yes, good point!

Right, I have disabled voting until Saturday midnight to give everyone a chance to upload their photos. Voting will start on Sunday until Tuesday midnight, when a new round will start. (I'm happy to change the above if more sensible suggestions are made :wink: )

nope, no more suggestions - this is a perfect idea. :respect:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-July-2006, 02:25 PM
nope, no more suggestions - this is a perfect idea. :respect:I like the 'theme' idea. The winner of the previous week should suggest the one for the next week.

Donna
18th-July-2006, 02:34 PM
I like the 'theme' idea. The winner of the previous week should suggest the one for the next week.

:yeah: excellent! :nice:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-July-2006, 05:22 PM
:yeah: excellent! :nice:Credit to Gadget for the 'theme' idea though. What's this week's theme then? "Nature"? Or "close up"? Or "Insects of the sub-order Anisoptera"?

Franck
18th-July-2006, 05:34 PM
Credit to Gadget for the 'theme' idea though. What's this week's theme then? "Nature"? Or "close up"? Or "Insects of the sub-order Anisoptera"?Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.
As I started this week's contribution, the theme will be 'Close-ups'... Any object, person, animal pictured close-up...
The winner as decided by next Tuesday can pick next week's theme. :waycool:

Northants Girly
19th-July-2006, 10:35 AM

I know that some sections of the forum are only viewable to members.

Is the Photo Gallery viewable only to full forum members?
Or can guests view it also?

I don't like the idea of posting photos that the whole wide world can see . . . .

Donna
19th-July-2006, 10:47 AM

I don't like the idea of posting photos that the whole wide world can see . . . .

If you don't like posting photos for everybody to see, then don't post any. However, I think it would be a great idea to put maybe put another photo section in the gallery that full members only can view.

El Salsero Gringo
19th-July-2006, 10:47 AM

I don't like the idea of posting photos that the whole wide world can see . . . .I think you mean "members and registered users". I'm not currently a Forum member, but I can see all bar the private user areas of the forum (like the Taxi dancer's forum etc.)

Northants Girly
19th-July-2006, 10:52 AM
I think you mean "members and registered users". Yep - that's what I meant

Franck
19th-July-2006, 10:56 AM

I don't like the idea of posting photos that the whole wide world can see . . . .At the moment, all Gallery areas are only viewable by registered members (i.e. anyone with a forum name and valid email address). That does not make the photos private as anyone can register at any time without limitation (except a valid email address) but it means the photos won't be indexed in search engines etc...
I will have 2 areas that are visible to guests / visitors: The Ceroc Scotland events photos and a general area (which will clearly marked public) for anyone wanting to show their photos to the world :D
There is no difference between a registered forum member and a Silver member in terms of viewing photos, though there will be limits on uploading / features at some stage.

Finally, for those that want extra privacy, you can create a private photo album which is password protected, so only you and people you share the password with can view the pictures (oh and moderators / admins too).

I hope this clarifies things.

Northants Girly
19th-July-2006, 10:57 AM
If you don't like posting photos for everybody to see, then don't post any. You have missed my point. :rolleyes:

There is a difference between posting photos on a forum where registered users/members can view them and posting them where absolutely anyone in the world can access them (to me there is anyway).

Northants Girly
19th-July-2006, 10:59 AM
. . . . . .Thanks Franck :)

Freya
22nd-July-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi I'm having difficulty posting a video!

Any idea how to do this??

Lory
22nd-July-2006, 12:52 PM

I did it the same way as posting a photo, it takes a little while to upload and seems to get stuck for a while, after its reached 100%, so be patient, it might just be taking its time ;)

ducasi
22nd-July-2006, 01:00 PM

It only seems to accept certain formats – "mpeg, mpg, avi, asf, wmv, mov". I wonder if I uploaded a mp4 file as a mpg file it'd work... Must try that sometime... :)

Freya
22nd-July-2006, 01:08 PM
Can I make a wee sugestion!

In the Events photo section is it possible to have the events as Albums so that theur a bit more sorted rather than needing to trawl through all of them!!!!

Freya
22nd-July-2006, 01:14 PM
Ok I'm getting a can't open this page notice coming up when I try and upload my video!

How do I change the format of the video?

Freya
24th-July-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok Another question probably been asked before! Is there any way to upload more than one picture at a time! It's slow going otherwise!

Freya xXx

ducasi
24th-July-2006, 12:54 PM
Ok Another question probably been asked before! Is there any way to upload more than one picture at a time! It's slow going otherwise!

Freya xXx
You can upload a bunch in a zip archive.

Freya
24th-July-2006, 01:04 PM
You can upload a bunch in a zip archive.
Ok Next silly question?

Zip Archive? Is that using win zip to zip aload of files? Then upload it?

Gadget
24th-July-2006, 01:09 PM
Yes (although I've not tried it my self)

El Salsero Gringo
24th-July-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes (although I've not tried it my self)Works fine

Freya
24th-July-2006, 01:54 PM
Works fine
:yeah: Take a look at the pics from the Stirling Sat night party on the events page! in the process of uploading the rest!

Minnie M
25th-July-2006, 06:21 PM
I posted a photo of my grandson in the 'caption' category - but haven't got a "vote" link ????? What have I done wrong ?? (please) :tears:
Here he is "Sleeply Joe"

Piglet
25th-July-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi Minnie,

I don't know for sure, but I think you posted your photo too late for it to be included in the voting for this week - it tells you when the cut off is under the heading in the Photo Gallery. Mind you, I wouldn't have thought you would have been able to post after the cut off date - maybe there's a flaw somewhere.

Cute photo though - he has such gorgeous eyes :hug:

ducasi
26th-July-2006, 12:38 AM
I posted a photo of my grandson in the 'caption' category - but haven't got a "vote" link ????? What have I done wrong ?? (please) :tears:
The caption competition is meant for people to supply captions for the photos – not for voting for a favourite. :)

Piglet
26th-July-2006, 12:40 AM
Minnie's photo isn't in the Captions bit - it's in the voting bit.....

Minnie M
26th-July-2006, 07:31 AM
I am totally confused now :confused:

I think I missed the 'dates' thing and it has now been moved to the archived section :rolleyes:

Got this email this morning:

Minnie M,

We felt that your photo, titled "Sleepy Joe", was more appropriate
in a different category. To view it, and to find out where
we moved it (look in the upper left for the category name), visit
this link:

Little Joe had just had a shower, I went downstairs for a moment, when I returned he was in his 'bunk' bed with towel still around him watching TV - he looked so cute, I took the photo with my mobile phone - I put it on the 'voting' section because it was an unusual photo.

Not to worry, I shared it with you all, and that was the main thing :flower:

Cruella
26th-July-2006, 11:25 AM
As my (and Sparkles) Legs got the most votes in this weeks competition:blush: i believe i get to choose the new topic for this weeks comp, so i choose 'PUPPIES' :D

Beowulf
26th-July-2006, 11:52 AM
As my (and Sparkles) Legs got the most votes in this weeks competition:blush: i believe i get to choose the new topic for this weeks comp, so i choose 'PUPPIES' :D

Hmm.. i don't have a dog.. and don't know anyone with a dog.. let alone one guaranteed to give birth within the next week.. I'm beginning to think this is a set up job ;)

*ponders.. "who on the forum has recently had a litter of puppies?" :whistle:

Cruella
26th-July-2006, 12:59 PM
Hmm.. i don't have a dog.. and don't know anyone with a dog.. let alone one guaranteed to give birth within the next week.. I'm beginning to think this is a set up job ;)

*ponders.. "who on the forum has recently had a litter of puppies?" :whistle:
It doesn't neccessarily have to be a fluffy cuddly puppie it can have any relevance to the word 'Puppies'. Look at Stuart Ms entry. :respect:

But i must ask about the rules, does the photo need to have been taken by the entrant? Stuart M, did you take the picture of your puppy?

Stuart M
26th-July-2006, 01:32 PM
But i must ask about the rules, does the photo need to have been taken by the entrant? Stuart M, did you take the picture of your puppy?
No. It was a WUP (wind-up photo). If I were to take an interesting photo of a pair of Hush Puppies, I would:

Have to admit to owning a pair :eek:
Subsequently move on to solving the Middle East crisis as a wind-down. Well, it'd be easier than creating an interesting photo of Hush Puppies... :rolleyes:

Donna
26th-July-2006, 01:35 PM
It doesn't neccessarily have to be a fluffy cuddly puppie it can have any relevance to the word 'Puppies'. Look at Stuart Ms entry. :respect:

If I took a picture of myself topless then, does that count? They are my puppies after all!! :rofl:

Aleks
26th-July-2006, 01:38 PM
Not sure if Franck has UK TV nipple regulations....

Cruella
26th-July-2006, 02:23 PM
If I took a picture of myself topless then, does that count? They are my puppies after all!! :rofl:
Feel free!

Stuart M
26th-July-2006, 02:26 PM
Dang it, my cunning plan to encourage other interpretations of "puppies" has been rumbled. :whistle:

Cruella
26th-July-2006, 02:27 PM
If only i'd taken these myself, i'd enter them. :rofl:

Donna
26th-July-2006, 02:54 PM
If only i'd taken these myself, i'd enter them. :rofl:

oh......my.......god!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They are bloody hilarious!!! Where on earth did you find them???!!!! :eek: They don't look very happy do they!!! (must be Americans!!!:rolleyes: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-July-2006, 10:26 PM
Finally got some pictures up, they're not particuarly interesting, i'm still learning how to take really interesting cool photos :D

Gadget
27th-July-2006, 09:48 PM
I've lost the buttons that told me there were new posts on the photo gallery - at least they are there, but always orange for some reason? (metallic theme)

Lory
27th-July-2006, 10:04 PM
I've lost the buttons that told me there were new posts on the photo gallery - at least they are there, but always orange for some reason? (metallic theme)Yes, I use metallic and i've noticed the same thing.:confused:

As a side note, I added some photo's from last Friday at Ashtons today :nice:

Freya
27th-July-2006, 10:28 PM
Ok bit confused! :confused: Yes I'm having one of my blonde moments!!!!!

The voting:

IT says at the moment that voting has ended! when does voting open?

Is voting only open between sat and tuesday?

Piglet
27th-July-2006, 10:40 PM
Is voting only open between sat and tuesday?
Yep - you can post photos of puppies until Saturday, but then voting commences!

How was your birthday?

Freya
27th-July-2006, 10:45 PM
Birthday was fantastic! We had a great time! Missed my birthday dance with you tho!! How you feeling!

BTW thanx for the voting thing!!!

Piglet
27th-July-2006, 10:53 PM
I've lost the buttons that told me there were new posts on the photo gallery - at least they are there, but always orange for some reason? (metallic theme)
What buttons are you talking about?

Hey Freya! My sore throat has totally gone, but now I'm left with a head cold! Can't win, but intending to be back at dancing next week :hug: Maybe I can get 2 birthday dances with you then?

Piglet
9th-August-2006, 01:51 PM
Can anyone PM me with help re: uploading more than 1 photo at a time, cos I've a bunch all related to the Inverness night that I'd like to keep together. Tried it with my 2 from Stirling last month and failed miserably...

Many thanks in advance to any photo downloader whizzes :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 01:56 PM
put them all in a zip archive (from windoze XP, select them all together then right click and choose send to-> compressed (Zipped) folder)

then upload the zip file

voila

Piglet
9th-August-2006, 01:58 PM
Cheers ESG - shall give that a try :hug:

Piglet
9th-August-2006, 02:13 PM
That seemed easy - however, I get to the submit bit and it looks like the photos are uploading and then I get a page telling me that I can't access that page at the moment.

Is there a max amount of photos that should be in a zip file?

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 02:17 PM
That seemed easy - however, I get to the submit bit and it looks like the photos are uploading and then I get a page telling me that I can't access that page at the moment.

Is there a max amount of photos that should be in a zip file?It takes the Forum software a while to process the zip file. Then it gives you a set of pages where you can, for example, title the photos, 10 at a time.

I've uploaded around 20 at once, at least until Franck imposed a 10-per-day limit on humble registered users such as me.

Piglet
9th-August-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks ESG,

I think my problem is that my AOL broadband connection is rubbish - although I'm still online, my little lights go on and off all the time and I think I lose the connection enough for it to stop the photos uploading....

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 04:13 PM
My eyesight must be failing! Donna, where are you in this photo (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=886&date=1155125890) you posted to the gallery. :devil:

SilverFox
9th-August-2006, 04:17 PM
My eyesight must be failing! Donna, where are you in this photo (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=886&date=1155125890) you posted to the gallery. :devil::rofl: :rofl: You stole the words straight from my mouth! I was just about to post something (maybe not as subtle) too.:rofl: :rofl:

Sparkles
9th-August-2006, 04:30 PM
My eyesight must be failing! Donna, where are you in this photo (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=886&date=1155125890) you posted to the gallery. :devil:

Is that not Donna standing on the cliff? :what:

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 04:40 PM
No, i think it's a bright lighthouse.

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 04:55 PM
No, i think it's a bright lighthouse.No, definitely Donna. Here's an enlargement.

SilverFox
9th-August-2006, 04:58 PM
No, definitely Donna. Here's an enlargement.Genius!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donna
9th-August-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks Sparkles! :what: I was going to say that was me standing on the cliff but I'm only 5'7! :rofl:

ESG - that's hilarious!! (& quite freaky at the same time!) :rofl:

Anybody remember land of the giants?

Sparkles
9th-August-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks Sparkles! :what: I was going to say that was me standing on the cliff but I'm only 5'7! :rofl:

*takes a bow* I thank you

Zebra Woman
9th-August-2006, 06:08 PM

I was absolutlely convinced it was Donna standing on the cliff (in white trousers wearing a dark jacket).I'm afraid after months of training I am now completely conditioned to expect to find Donna in her all her photos.

It's a bit like those 'Where's Wally?' pictures, I keep looking until I find something that must be her.

Sorry Donna - I really must get my eyesight tested :blush:.

ZW

Aleks
9th-August-2006, 06:09 PM
No, definitely Donna. Here's an enlargement.

Much better!

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 06:13 PM
*takes a bow* I thank you
Your bow is premature, Sarah!
The only bright thing in Donnas pictures is the lighthouse!

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 06:15 PM
You know it's the strangest thing ....

Sparkles
9th-August-2006, 06:15 PM
Your bow is premature, Sarah!
The only bright thing in Donnas pictures is the lighthouse!

:blush:
but...

it's a bit like those 'Where's Wally?' pictures, I keep looking until I find something that must be her.

... she must be there somewhere?!!?? :confused:

Cruella
9th-August-2006, 06:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

I must hand it to Donna, at least she doesn't throw her toys out of the pram with all this pi$$taking, unlike others i could mention:whistle:

Donna
9th-August-2006, 06:19 PM
Well I must say - my mascara is running into my eyes!!! :rofl: :rofl: ooooh the pain! :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 06:20 PM
... but I could swear ....

Zebra Woman
9th-August-2006, 06:20 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was far too easy ESG!

C'mon give us a hard one.

ZW

EDIT: Crossed posts.... Oooohhh YOU HAVE!

Zebra Woman
9th-August-2006, 06:22 PM
Well I must say - my mascara is running into my eyes!!! :rofl: :rofl: ooooh the pain! :rofl:

Me too, Donna. Me too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very good work ESG:respect:.

Aleks
9th-August-2006, 06:22 PM

Too far away...I can't tell who it is!

Donna
9th-August-2006, 06:26 PM
Me too, Donna. Me too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very good work ESG:respect:.

Yeah, what a smart -arse! :rofl:

Donna
9th-August-2006, 06:29 PM
Will be interesting to see what he can do with this one then!!!!! :rofl:

He is so goin to kill me!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
9th-August-2006, 06:30 PM
... there's something funny going on.

David Bailey
9th-August-2006, 06:50 PM
Some people will do anything to get rep :innocent:

Donna
10th-August-2006, 10:14 AM
Some people will do anything to get rep :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
10th-August-2006, 10:37 AM
Some people will do anything to get rep :innocent:doesn't seem to be working though

Donna
10th-August-2006, 11:14 AM
doesn't seem to be working though

Hint hint ESG..... :whistle:

CJ
10th-August-2006, 05:13 PM

Can I be THAT wrong?!? I thought it was a post by Donna that wasn't all about Donna!!:eek:

Dammit, am I that naive?? Or can I just not spell...:wink:

CJ
10th-August-2006, 05:16 PM
... there's something funny going on.

Is it just me....:rolleyes:

or does Fletch' piccy have three tits??:eek:

if you look really closely...:whistle:

Donna
10th-August-2006, 05:46 PM
Is it just me....:rolleyes:

or does Fletch' piccy have three tits??:eek:

if you look really closely...:whistle:

ah yes, I see it! :rofl:

Sparkles
14th-August-2006, 09:41 AM
Erm... I thought that voting for the photo comp ended on a Tuesday...?
Just went to vote and it says voting has ended :sad:.

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 09:49 AM
Erm... I thought that voting for the photo comp ended on a Tuesday...?
Just went to vote and it says voting has ended :sad:.

I thought the same when I tried to vote last night :confused: :( :mad:

Tiggerbabe
14th-August-2006, 10:30 AM
Oops! Forgot to set the voting when I came home from the Glasgow party. Now sorted, go vote! :blush:

Aleks
14th-August-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks Sheena!

Gadget
14th-August-2006, 01:33 PM
Don't know about anyone else,... but it takes me a while to think on a good image to take, then a while to take it, then a while to get it onto the computer, then a while to select one, crop it or whatever, then a while to post it... by that time, it's time to vote and I've missed the submission :tears:

Personally I would prefer it bi-weekly just to give me time :blush:
{I had a good idea about cows, and another with the black cat trying to get at the white hamster (dark also being "munch munch" and light being "awww cute"), and another with seagulls and crows on a newly turned feild, and another with a dark skinned hand on a light waist, and another with a dark sky and shaft of light... but only took a couple, then couldn't decide :rolleyes:}

Piglet
14th-August-2006, 01:37 PM
I think that's a great idea Gadget, and maybe the thread can say Voting will begin Sun xth date rather than voted has ended, that way we all know when it's to be in by.

Sheepman
14th-August-2006, 02:21 PM
Personally I would prefer it bi-weekly I agree, I was having that very same discussion just this morning. Also less work for the administrators...

Alternatively you could do a rolling competition, ie set the theme for the competition after the next one, to give you an extra week to take photos. Could get confusing though.

Greg

Gadget
15th-August-2006, 08:23 AM
And another thought: why not have the competition category, (with the winners of the last one i.e. nominee) as the first image* - saves clogging up the description text on the title page and you can see it with the photos.

* Just use the text tool in any photo-editing package, or even on the most basic computer, you should be able to create a document press 'print screen', paste it into a viewer and then crop it.