PDA

View Full Version : Under arms (men)

Gadget
9th-July-2006, 10:50 AM
The coolest top I have is a vest top, but the main reason I don't wear it to dancing is that it exposes my under-arms: personally, I don't think the undergrowth is very attractive and don't want to subject any ladies to that.

I'm not really that hairy a person, so what is the best way? I have been told that waxing is probably the best idea since shaving would be really itchy and just encourage it to grow in thicker. Just now I've gone for "trimming", but it seems a bit vain :blush:

Andreas
9th-July-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, I don't wear that sort of shirt when dancing, in fact hardly ever. However, I'd not be as concerned as you are. For as long as there are ladies that wear back-free dresses, meaning you always get a wet hand, why should you be concerned. I once asked my gymnastics trainer before a competition if I should be shaving my armpits and she just laughed, saying men don't need to do that. So don't worry about it. If you wear your shirt confidently nobody is going to complain. :cheers:

Frankie_4711
9th-July-2006, 12:58 PM
Definitely stop worrying! Men with hairy underarms is fine - as long as they don't smell I don't think anyone is going to mind!

LMC
9th-July-2006, 01:12 PM
:yeah:

But if you have a LOT of underarm hair and feel you want to trim, try a bikini line trimmer - about 15 quid. The top setting (usually around 7 mm) would allow you to keep the masculinity whilst still looking neat. :nice:

MartinHarper
9th-July-2006, 01:29 PM
For you, I'm guessing some sort of Gadget?
http://shaveeverywhere.com/

I use Veet hair removal cream, though. No prickliness that way.
http://www.veet.co.uk/firsttime.shtml

Lynn
9th-July-2006, 02:38 PM
Definitely stop worrying! Men with hairy underarms is fine - as long as they don't smell I don't think anyone is going to mind!:yeah: Wet, smelly, yucky underarms = unpleasant.

But men have hairy underarms. :shrug: And we like dancing with men.

(Don't do what a certain male forumite did and shave them, then immediately apply deoderant and then realise that can sting...)

Piglet
9th-July-2006, 02:59 PM
Definitely stop worrying! Men with hairy underarms is fine - as long as they don't smell I don't think anyone is going to mind!

Tazmanian Devil
9th-July-2006, 03:14 PM

I think I would probably notice more if a guy didn't have hairy under arms. As said above so lond as there is no smell coming from them KEEP the hair :D

Cruella
9th-July-2006, 06:07 PM
You could always make it look nicer with a few little plaits and ribbons.:D

Don't shave/wax thats just too weird for a guy to do IMO :sick:

littlewiggle
9th-July-2006, 08:04 PM
I am not a fan of body hair but do think guys armpits look a bit odd if they are completely hairless! Just trim them - looks neat but manly!

alex
9th-July-2006, 08:30 PM
it might be an urban myth, but ive been told that hairy armpits create a nice environment for bacteria to grow, and it is the bacteria that create the smell. so trimming might have benefits other than visual.

alex

Green-eyed Monsta
9th-July-2006, 09:21 PM
I like body hair (on guys!) and I really don't mind if they sweat all over me. I'd much rather be dancing with a sweaty guy than not dancing at all, plus if the guy sweats heaps perhaps they won't notice the lady "glowing" towards the end of the evening :flower:
My vote is for hairy armpits! Go the hairy armpits!

Tazmanian Devil
9th-July-2006, 09:43 PM
I like body hair (on guys!) and I really don't mind if they sweat all over me. I'd much rather be dancing with a sweaty guy than not dancing at all, plus if the guy sweats heaps perhaps they won't notice the lady "glowing" towards the end of the evening :flower:
My vote is for hairy armpits! Go the hairy armpits!

:rofl: :rofl: This sounds more like a fetish!! :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

Welcome to the forum Green eyed monstar I will look forward to reading more of your fetishes I mean posts :devil: :hug:

Gadget
10th-July-2006, 08:06 AM
...For as long as there are ladies that wear back-free dresses,...:drool: I happen to really like back free dresses :drool: {although just look silly in them my self ;)}

Thanks to all :flower: I may get some more vest tops if this heat continues :D

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 01:08 PM
I like body hair (on guys!) and I really don't mind if they sweat all over me. I'd much rather be dancing with a sweaty guy than not dancing at all
Mmmmm - Green-eyed Monsta - would you be any relation to Shrek? :rofl:

Welcome to the forum and for being so honest :hug:

I don't mind dancing with sweaty guys either if they're guys I like dancing with - however if they are guys I don't know very well, then it's not the best first impression. Made worse if they try to do tooooo many combs!

Serendipity
10th-July-2006, 01:34 PM
OOOh I don't like vest tops on men - not that it stops me dancing with a man in a vest top - hairy armpits being infinitely better than waxing or plucking or shaving or epilating on a man...... purleeeeese it's only a short step to back, sac and crack.

However, I digress. The reason I don't like vest tops is sweaty shoulders which are slippery for some drops and not very nice in first move. Additionally, a slightly baggy vest top seems to gather sweat into a kind of pouch which slaps around the midrif and reminds me of Homer Simpson (and not in a good way!).

I know some fantastic (really really fantastic) chaps who dance in vests, but I'd much rather they wore a Tshirt or something which just covers their shoulders.

It's a lot sexist I know - I'm quite happy prancing around in a strappy top or plunging dress - but whilst I glow, I seldom drip!:waycool:

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 01:42 PM
The reason I don't like vest tops is sweaty shoulders which are slippery for some drops and not very nice in first move.

I can't say I've ever noticed this - besides most lovely dancers have the sense to take a towel and a change of shirt and what could be easier to pack than vest t-shirts?

killingtime
10th-July-2006, 04:00 PM
I can't say I've ever noticed this - besides most lovely dancers have the sense to take a towel and a change of shirt and what could be easier to pack than vest t-shirts?

Well the hope with thinner T-shirts, or vest T-shirts, is that you don't sweat as much. I did try on a vest T-shirt but I thought I looked even more stupid when wearing it than normal so I didn't buy it.

I've just bought a M&S vest top under the recommendation of ESG (ages back). I've only tried it once so far and I was very warm before I put it on but it seems to be pretty good.

I'd probably shave my pits if it had a major impact on keeping me cool but they wouldn't be on display anyway.

Magic Hans
10th-July-2006, 05:59 PM
it might be an urban myth, but ive been told that hairy armpits create a nice environment for bacteria to grow, and it is the bacteria that create the smell. so trimming might have benefits other than visual.

alex

This is what I've heard too.

In particular, that the bacteria acts on the minerals and stuff in the sweat. Hair simply allows more sweat to be trapped, for the bacteria to act on.

I've turned now to using bodyshop deoderant, as it's body friendly (no pore blocking aluminium) and rich in essential oils which not only deodorise, but are also anti-septic (or cleansing) [ ... mind you, I do then top up when I can, with normal cheapo spray can deo!]

littlewiggle
10th-July-2006, 07:32 PM
This is what I've heard too.

In particular, that the bacteria acts on the minerals and stuff in the sweat. Hair simply allows more sweat to be trapped, for the bacteria to act on.

I've turned now to using bodyshop deoderant, as it's body friendly (no pore blocking aluminium) and rich in essential oils which not only deodorise, but are also anti-septic (or cleansing) [ ... mind you, I do then top up when I can, with normal cheapo spray can deo!]

Well I danced with you a while back at MG and you smelt lovely actually! So you don't need to worry!

Freya
10th-July-2006, 07:46 PM
Hmmmmm!

Vests! Can't say I'm the biggest fan, I think a T-shirt looks nicer but I don't mind them when dancing! I think a guy has as much right to be cool as a girl!

As for Underarms....Keep them trimed nothing nastier than dangling sweaty hair!!!! :sick: But most of the time I'm too busy dancing to notice and as long as they don't smell I',m Happy

Gadget
10th-July-2006, 10:27 PM
Just to clarify, I'm talking about a T-vest rather than a strappy vest vest (where you need defined muscles to look anything approaching "good" in it)

Beowulf
10th-July-2006, 10:55 PM
As for Underarms....Keep them trimed nothing nastier than dangling sweaty hair!!!! :sick:

I'm planning to cultivate mine for when I grow bald.. I'll have the ultimate in comb overs :really: :sick:

Caro
15th-July-2006, 12:23 PM
I seem to be in the minority here since I absolutely hate long hair under men's armpits :sick: :eek: !
I just think it's disgusting really, especially with the sweat etc :really:

I wouldn't go to the extend of waxing for a guy though, shaving or regular trimming is perfectly fine (to me at least).

Lory
15th-July-2006, 09:57 PM
I seem to be in the minority here since I absolutely hate long hair under men's armpits :sick: :eek: !
I just think it's disgusting really, especially with the sweat etc :really:

I wouldn't go to the extend of waxing for a guy though, shaving or regular trimming is perfectly fine (to me at least).
I'm with you on this one! ;)