PDA

View Full Version : A Great Night

Minnie M
9th-July-2006, 10:17 AM
I know we have had a couple of threads like this before, but I can't be bothered looking for them - sorry.

So..........

A couple of weeks ago I went to one of my favourite events, and true to form, it was full of my special friends, great dancers, good floor, fantastic music etc etc BUT ......... IMHO there was a strange feeling and no buzz, and most (not all) of us could not 'get into' the night. No one seemed to be smiling or mixing :sad: The only negative thing I could think of was that there were more women then men :tears:

Last night I had an amazing night :worthy:
The music was good (but not fantastic)
special friends and dancers ..........yes most were there
the floor was lovely and fast
and the hall was buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing :clap:

however.......... it WAS even numbers and EVERYONE was smiling

Is that the answer ???

Just remembered, venue number 1 didn't have a 'chill-out' area - did that make the difference ?

Cruella
9th-July-2006, 12:07 PM
Last night I had an amazing night :worthy:
The music was good (but not fantastic)
special friends and dancers ..........yes most were there
the floor was lovely and fast
and the hall was buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing :clap:

however.......... it WAS even numbers and EVERYONE was smiling

Is that the answer ???

Just remembered, venue number 1 didn't have a 'chill-out' area - did that make the difference ?
I think it's all down to how you are feeling in yourself. I should of had a brilliant night last night, but i didn't :sad: I was really tired and i've a painful foot. :sick: Had i not been feeling that way, i know it would have been a great night, there were so many of my favourite men there and a few new discoveries too. Although the music really didn't do it for me at all (IMO it was too upbeat, for too long) if i had been feeling good, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. I was also at the other event where you didn't have a good time Minnie, i had a fantastic night! I think that the only person that can make it a good night is yourself.

Lynn
9th-July-2006, 12:20 PM
I think that the only person that can make it a good night is yourself.Agree, though would add it also depends on what sort of music you are in the mood for. I have had some fab dances to upbeat 'pop' when I've been in the mood for it, other times it doesn't inspire me, even when there have been great partners to dance with.

The two things that really affect how good a night I have are the music and how I feel about my own dancing. If those two are right for me, add in some lovely dance partners, and I have a fab night. But if I'm not feeling good about my dancing (especially if I am tired), no matter who is there or what the music is like, I won't have such a good evening.

DangerousCurves
9th-July-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure what the magic ingredient is.... but sometimes I find if I've really looked forward to an event and built it up in my mind in advance, then the reality can fall far short of my expectations, whilst sometimes events that I've had much more limited hopes for have turned out to be really brilliant nights.

Also - and here I may be a bit strange - I find a good night for me has less to do with lots of "brilliant leads" and more to do with leads who I can have fun with and who look like they are enjoying dancing with me.

spindr
9th-July-2006, 10:31 PM
Is that the answer ???
Maybe staying near the doorway might mean that more people see you, than if you were to hide away in the furthest quietest corner?

SpinDr

Minnie M
9th-July-2006, 10:43 PM
Maybe staying near the doorway might mean that more people see you, than if you were to hide away in the furthest quietest corner?

SpinDr
:rofl: very observant - but don't think that was the reason