PDA

View Full Version : Lift needed to Dundee party 15th July.

Beowulf
9th-July-2006, 12:49 AM
Hi Anyone from oop north.. (Magrathea is quite close to Aberdeen actually) heading Doon south to Dundee for the Dundee party and who would possibly have a space for a little (well not so little) dancing geek?

I know some people from Aberdeen are "possibly" going down but I don't know how they are sorted for transport.

also is it too late to book accomodation in Dundee? (I don't even know if I'll need any yet.. may not get down hopefully I will though!)

Piglet
9th-July-2006, 10:10 AM
You're welcome to come with me!

I'm already going and giving a lift to 2 others, so you can have the last space if you fancy :hug:

I'm driving back that night.

Beowulf
9th-July-2006, 11:03 AM
You're welcome to come with me!

I'm already going and giving a lift to 2 others, so you can have the last space if you fancy :hug:

Piglet.. that's fantastic!! yes please!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hug: :hug:

Freya
9th-July-2006, 11:07 AM

Is one of them Me hun? :hug:

Piglet
9th-July-2006, 03:03 PM
Yep! :D of course it is Freya

DancingDee
9th-July-2006, 06:15 PM
Are the Dundee party's good? Never been to one before :D Are there a few foke from Aberdeen going?

Denise
:hug: xXx :hug:

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 01:35 PM
This is the first Dundee party - except for special ones. That doesn't make sense does it. Let's start again...

Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh have all had regular Saturday parties for years. Dundee is just about to get its own regular once a month Saturday party and I believe this is the first of those.

The Hall that is booked for Saturday is a lovely venue - nice size and shape - and there are lots of lovely dancers in Dundee.

There are usually at least 2 tables full of Aberdeen folk at the big events that they've had there in the past - they've usually been fancy dress type affairs, but this one will be similar to the monthly Aberdeen parties where you can get dressed up or dressed down as much as you like. It would be great to have you along if you can make it DD! If I end up having a space in my car unexpectedly I'll let you know - or if I hear of anyone else going I'll let you know too :hug: :hug:

ducasi
10th-July-2006, 01:40 PM
If I find a lift I might be there... If I can't find a lift I suppose I could also stay over... Wonder if I can find that really nice Travelodge again... Hmm...

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 01:45 PM
Go for it Ducasi! You know you want to :D

It'd be lovely to see you and grab you for heaps of dances :hug: :flower: :hug:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 02:11 PM
If I find a lift I might be there... If I can't find a lift I suppose I could also stay over... Wonder if I can find that really nice Travelodge again... Hmm...
Yeahy please come Ducasi! :flower::hug:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:24 PM

If my car is back on the road by the weekend I might be persuaded... :whistle: not that I'm turning into a total Ceroc junkie or anything!!

How far away is Dundee and are there any more Glasgow folk willing to go & share petrol costs? :nice:

:flower:

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 02:24 PM
Good on you Lemoncake!

Will be lovely to meet you too!:hug: :hug:

ducasi
10th-July-2006, 02:27 PM
How far away is Dundee and are there any more Glasgow folk willing to go & share petrol costs? :nice: According to Google, it's about 80 miles or 2 hours from the centre of Glasgow. :)

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:28 PM
Good on you Lemoncake!

Will be lovely to meet you too!:hug: :hug:

Hehe I actually came into this bit of the forum wondering if anyone else with a car was going!

Let's not jinx it though, my (t)rusty steed failed its MOT on Friday and have yet to find out exactly what's wrong with the brakes...

Everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed it's not expensive! :what:

Am getting all bouncy just thinking of another whole night of Ceroc :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yliander
10th-July-2006, 02:30 PM
According to Google, it's about 80 miles or 2 hours from the centre of Glasgow. :)well it was 1hr 40 min from my house to Pretzelmeisters with one quick stop for snack treat

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:38 PM
According to Google, it's about 80 miles or 2 hours from the centre of Glasgow. :)

:what: :what: :what: 2 HOURS to cover 80 miles? What kind of farm track is it up?!

On the phone to my mechanic as I type, he's fixing the brakes right now so we should be ok. It sounds expensive though :tears:

If I'm out all night Cerocing then driving home afterwards ( :what: ) I'll have to be off on Sunday, no way I can work after that. So I'll have to work on Saturday. Should get free for about 4pm though, so could congregate/collect passengers and leave about 6ish?

Anyone else want a lift?

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:40 PM
well it was 1hr 40 min from my house to Pretzelmeisters with one quick stop for snack treat

I'm just near Pretzelmeisters - that sounds more like it...

Freya
10th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
WooHoo! LemonCake I look Forward to meeting you! :hug:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
WooHoo! LemonCake I look Forward to meeting you! :hug:

Aha but you've met me already :grin:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 02:46 PM
Aha but you've met me already :grin:
Have I? :sick: Hmmmmm! Sounds like another case of I know you but you don't know me!!!! When and where did I meet you?

Yliander
10th-July-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm just near Pretzelmeisters - that sounds more like it...Woo Hoo - Look forward to meeting you

Freya
10th-July-2006, 02:52 PM
OkI think I'bve figure out who you are Found a picture of you on who's who! Were you at the last Glasgow Party that I was down for? Did I give you a shoulder rub???

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:53 PM
Have I? :sick: Hmmmmm! Sounds like another case of I know you but you don't know me!!!! When and where did I meet you?

A while ago - 2 months maybe. It was probably at GUU - maybe a party? I can't remember exactly but I do know you're a trainee physio! I'm tall with long hair, if that helps!

Right, must get out to site before I'm told off for playing online :what:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 02:54 PM
OkI think I'bve figure out who you are Found a picture of you on who's who! Were you at the last Glasgow Party that I was down for? Did I give you a shoulder rub???

That's me! Yes you did, bless you! :hug:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 02:55 PM
Aha! Cool Look forward to seeing you again then! :grin:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 03:04 PM
You too! :flower:

My only problem now is finding something to wear... I excelled myself somewhat at the Glasgow party, anything else is going to be something of a let-down! :na:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 03:07 PM
You too! :flower:

My only problem now is finding something to wear... I excelled myself somewhat at the Glasgow party, anything else is going to be something of a let-down! :na:
:rofl: I'll probably be in something rather comfy since I'll be all dressed up on Sunday! Probably black trs and a nice top or my combats! I love these monthly parties coz you can be as casual or as fancy as you want!

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 03:11 PM
:rofl: I'll probably be in something rather comfy since I'll be all dressed up on Sunday! Probably black trs and a nice top or my combats! I love these monthly parties coz you can be as casual or as fancy as you want!

Well I went for all out sparkle n flare on Saturday. I don't do it often but I do so love it! :innocent:

Have just bought a very fab dress but need to find some black hotpants to make it decent (which tells you how fab the flare is! :whistle: )

Freya
10th-July-2006, 03:14 PM
Well I went for all out sparkle n flare on Saturday. I don't do it often but I do so love it! :innocent:

Have just bought a very fab dress but need to find some black hotpants to make it decent (which tells you how fab the flare is! :whistle: )
Been there Done that! Ask Ducasi, PM or Mcjester! :blush:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 03:14 PM
Woo Hoo - Look forward to meeting you

You too - I think we spoke briefly on Saturday, and I nearly went back to PretzelMeister's, but bottled out cos I was so shattered. I gave Princess Fi a lift home instead then crawled to bed. By the sounds of things I missed a good few hours!

Yliander
10th-July-2006, 03:19 PM
You too - I think we spoke briefly on Saturday, errghh:blush:

and I nearly went back to PretzelMeister's, but bottled out cos I was so shattered. I gave Princess Fi a lift home instead then crawled to bed. By the sounds of things I missed a good few hours!
:flower: just a few - not sure what time McJester left but it was about 6.30am or so when by the time I got to bed

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 04:03 PM
errghh:blush:

just a few - not sure what time McJester left but it was about 6.30am or so when by the time I got to bed

Hehe I might be wrong! Were you in a white tshirt with sparkly bits on? If I tell you that I was the one most over / under dressed in the room, does that help? Sparkly top (well, more of a front really) that laced down the back, longish swirly skirt, long hair...

:grin:

Yliander
10th-July-2006, 04:18 PM
Hehe I might be wrong! Were you in a white tshirt with sparkly bits on? :grin:ywhite singlet with sequins on the shoulders - I figure I was sort of easy to spot I was the one behind the pile of DJ equipment.

If I tell you that I was the one most over / under dressed in the room, does that help? Sparkly top (well, more of a front really) that laced down the back, longish swirly skirt, long hair... I talked to you at the bar!!!! before Pretzelmeister absconded with me to the dance floor....

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 04:29 PM
ywhite singlet with sequins on the shoulders - I figure I was sort of easy to spot I was the one behind the pile of DJ equipment.

I talked to you at the bar!!!! before Pretzelmeister absconded with me to the dance floor....

That sounds about right. I'm not usually so much of an exhibitionist - blame Pretzelmeister for bringing out that particular streak in the pub on Friday! I actually took a change of clothes with me in case I felt too spangly, but braved it anyway and didn't use them in the end.

Oooh looking forward to the weekend now :clap: :clap: :clap:

Piglet
10th-July-2006, 08:17 PM
:what: :what: :what: 2 HOURS to cover 80 miles? What kind of farm track is it up?!
:rofl: You sound like my sort of driver!

It should hopefully take you more like 1 1/2 hours.
Beware of the "timed speed cameras" between Perth and Dundee - the limit was 40mph (on a lovely dual carriageway that you used to be able to 70mph on) a couple of weeks back - hopefully they'll change it back to 70mph again soon! But beware - it's nasty, though you do get plenty of warning - you'll come across it twice on the way in and twice on the way out!

Maybe some Dundee/Perth people can verify that it does actually photograph you if you do over 40.

Beowulf
10th-July-2006, 08:44 PM
These average speed camera's photograph every car regardless if the are speeding past them or not.. they then get you again at the other end and and work out your average speed. There's some from Girvan down the coast road to Stranraer as well. Cut speeding there by almost 100% !!

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll bear it in mind. I know all about averaging cameras, they've just been installed along the M8 near me. Pain in the behind! :angry:

On a separate subject, is it excessive to eat an entire bunch of asparagus at one sitting...? :blush:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll bear it in mind. I know all about averaging cameras, they've just been installed along the M8 near me. Pain in the behind! :angry:

On a separate subject, is it excessive to eat an entire bunch of asparagus at one sitting...? :blush:

Depends do you have someone with you? :wink:

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 10:13 PM
Depends do you have someone with you? :wink:

Nope (sadly) I scoffed the lot myself! :drool: and splashed butter all over the laptop in the process! :whistle:

Banana cake off the menu, the bananas went all yucky! :eek: Oh well, will just have to do scones instead :drool:

Freya
10th-July-2006, 10:26 PM
Nope (sadly) I scoffed the lot myself! :drool: and splashed butter all over the laptop in the process! :whistle: :rofl: Ahh well someones in for a restless night! you know they say aspargus is an aphrodisiac!!! :whistle:

Beowulf
10th-July-2006, 10:40 PM
:rofl: Ahh well someones in for a restless night! you know they say aspargus is an aphrodisiac!!! :whistle:

I'll just pm LemonCake my address then ;)

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 10:43 PM
:rofl: Ahh well someones in for a restless night! you know they say aspargus is an aphrodisiac!!! :whistle:

:rofl: I think the key aphrodisiac aspect of asparagus is eating it suggestively, smothered in butter and licking fingers lots!

Petal
10th-July-2006, 10:56 PM
Beware of the "timed speed cameras" between Perth and Dundee - the limit was 40mph (on a lovely dual carriageway that you used to be able to 70mph on) a couple of weeks back - hopefully they'll change it back to 70mph again soon! But beware - it's nasty, though you do get plenty of warning - you'll come across it twice on the way in and twice on the way out!

Maybe some Dundee/Perth people can verify that it does actually photograph you if you do over 40.

Don't know if the cameras are operational yet,(it's been in force for two months now) but is it worth the risk, it's only 40mph(your average speed between the camera at the start and the one at the finish of each stretch) for two 11/2 mile stretches, and it will be there for the duration of the roadworks which is about 1 year! :( If it it improves two accident blackspots it will be worth it.

Freya
10th-July-2006, 11:06 PM
:rofl: I think the key aphrodisiac aspect of asparagus is eating it suggestively, smothered in butter and licking fingers lots!
It's also its rather suggestive shape!

Yliander
11th-July-2006, 12:18 AM
:rofl: You sound like my sort of driver!

It should hopefully take you more like 1 1/2 hours.

Maybe some Dundee/Perth people can verify that it does actually photograph you if you do over 40.The 40 speed limit is there for awhile - my understanding is that it will there as long as the construction works are taking place

Piglet
11th-July-2006, 09:25 AM
The 40 speed limit is there for awhile - my understanding is that it will there as long as the construction works are taking place
Oh yeah ! Of course - those invisible things that must be taking place - shucks - silly me!:rofl: And they wonder why driver's don't take much notice when there are signs warning about something really happening.

Yliander
11th-July-2006, 09:35 AM
Oh yeah ! Of course - those invisible things that must be taking place - shucks - silly me!:rofl: And they wonder why driver's don't take much notice when there are signs warning about something really happening. actually every time I have driven by except on Sunday - there have been men moving about at the works.... Don't know that they are actually working....

Caro
11th-July-2006, 05:16 PM
is there any other Aberdonian going to the Dundee party who isn't already in Piglet's car :D ? I'm going and wondering if anybody would like to share the drive with me :flower: