PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 21st, 22nd, 23rd July

Zebra Woman
6th-July-2006, 10:50 AM
OK I have to admit it, I have a vested interest here....:blush:

Lorraine and I will be celebrating our birthdays together at Ashtons on Fri 21st, so that's where we will be.

But we can't do it on our own...

We need YOU! Please come to Ashtons, and help us to have a laugh and a fab night dancing. :grin: :cheers: :clap: :flower:

The rest of the weekend seems quite busy. I have done my best to cover everything, but I am bound to have missed something. Feel free to chip in if you think another option should be added.

ZW

LMC
6th-July-2006, 10:52 AM
It's Icey's birthday on 19th, so that's the nearest weekend to celebrate her 29th as well.

stewart38
6th-July-2006, 10:54 AM
My mums having a barbeque on the 23rd (sunday)

Not sure if any of you are invited sorry :sad:

under par
6th-July-2006, 10:58 AM
Lorraine and I will be celebrating our birthdays together at Ashtons on Fri 21st, so that's where we will be.

We need YOU! Please come to Ashtons, and help us to have a laugh and a fab night dancing. :grin: :cheers: :clap: :flower:

T
ZW

Can't you two have a Birthday on another weekend please cos Mrs Par and I will be at Weston Super Mare:sad: :sad:

Hope you have a great evening:cheers: :cheers:

Paul F
6th-July-2006, 10:59 AM
Im not back until the week later :sad:

Tessalicious
6th-July-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm doing the Big Dance, and have a rehearsal for it on the Friday evening :tears: but will do everything in my power to come to Ashtons at some point that evening to say Happy Birthday to the two/three of you. And on Sunday I'll be sleeping (the Big Dance routine is ****ing hard work).

Almost an Angel
6th-July-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm at Beach Boogie - Sorry Guys have fun without me
I'll be dancing till stupid o'clock or at least when they kick me out.

Angel xx

mikeyr
6th-July-2006, 11:30 AM
:sad: :sad: I will be in Weston super mare as well, Hope you fine Ladies have a wonderful Birthday with lots of cake and stuff. :flower:

Rachel
6th-July-2006, 11:38 AM
It's Marc's birthday, too, on 20 July - same as yours ZW. He's teaching at Rugby on his birthday, but we might see if we can make it to Ashtons on Fri then.

What a busy week for forum birthdays!! I'm counting Marc in on the forum, as well, although officially he's still not a member (email problems).

Rachel x

Yliander
6th-July-2006, 11:39 AM
It's Stirling all the way for me!! - well the parties not the workshops - I'm going to be off playing tourist while everyone else is working hard:na:

Twirly
6th-July-2006, 11:46 AM
I shall be flying back from hols...

Cruella
6th-July-2006, 11:49 AM
I'll be there! :clap: But i may bring my pet to stroke too. :D

Damn you, my 'something else' was Slinkys but you added it after i voted!

Dance Demon
6th-July-2006, 12:04 PM
Scotland's the place to be. Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh on the Friday night, followed by the Jango weekend in Stirling on Saturday & Sunday, finished off with the Tea Dance in the King Robert late Sunday afternoon. a whole weekend of :waycool: :drool: :waycool: :drool: :D

azande
6th-July-2006, 12:22 PM
Scotland's the place to be. Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh on the Friday night, followed by the Jango weekend in Stirling on Saturday & Sunday, finished off with the Tea Dance in the King Robert late Sunday afternoon. a whole weekend of :waycool: :drool: :waycool: :drool: :D
I'll be there on Friday, as well as the Saturday party and the T-Dance in Stirling. :waycool:

Northants Girly
6th-July-2006, 12:29 PM
I shall be flying back from hols... and I'll be setting off on mine :D

I hope both of you have a lovely weekend though :flower:

Donna
6th-July-2006, 12:44 PM
Western Super Mare on 22nd.

Hope you have a great party! :clap: :hug:

I reckon Lory should be nominated for a Dare and dress as a belly dancer on her birthday - and do a shakira routine in the middle of the dance floor for everybody to watch! :D (uh oh, sorry Lory!:grin:

Sheepman
6th-July-2006, 12:49 PM
There is also a freestyle at Weston-Super-Mare on the Friday, that's where I'll be, sorry I'll be missing the birthday celebrations.

Anyone need to do some celebrating on the Sunday? So far from the poll, it looks like I could be struggling for partners at Slinky's...

Greg

Tiggerbabe
6th-July-2006, 01:33 PM
Stirling for me! :D Workshops, party and tea-dance - fab!

Cruella
6th-July-2006, 01:45 PM
There is also a freestyle at Weston-Super-Mare on the Friday, that's where I'll be, sorry I'll be missing the birthday celebrations.

Anyone need to do some celebrating on the Sunday? So far from the poll, it looks like I could be struggling for partners at Slinky's...

Greg
:sad: I'm going :tears:
(Just the Slinkys option was added after i voted)

Lory
6th-July-2006, 04:00 PM
Lorraine and I will be celebrating our birthdays ~snip~But we can't do it on our own...

We need YOU!
:yeah: :flower:

I spoke to Latin Ian last night and found out he's Djing :clap:

straycat
6th-July-2006, 07:13 PM
Sat & Sun, Herrang.

Minnie M
6th-July-2006, 11:37 PM
Sat & Sun, Herrang.
Good luck with the mossies :whistle: (I've still got the scars from 2 years ago :sad: )

straycat
7th-July-2006, 11:13 AM
Good luck with the mossies :whistle: (I've still got the scars from 2 years ago :sad: )
Oh - they only attack the really good lindy hoppers. They leave us lowly intermediates alone.

But I'm taking loads of mozzie repellent. Just in case I've improved...

Georgious dancer
7th-July-2006, 11:24 AM
I had only definitely planned for Slinky's but seens as there are so many lovely people that are celebrating their birthday's on Friday I think it's only right that I come out and celebrate!:clap:

Plus there is bound to be cake - mmmmm cake!:drool:

Sheepman
7th-July-2006, 11:31 AM
Good luck with the mossies Maybe more importantly take care with the ticks, I'm just back from Sweden, where they're saying it's a very bad year for them. So would your doctor think you're off your trolley if you went along and said "I need an innoculation, as I'm going on holiday to Sweden" ?!

Greg

Piglet
7th-July-2006, 11:32 AM
:D Stirling - Jango and Tea Dance :D

straycat
7th-July-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe more importantly take care with the ticks, I'm just back from Sweden, where they're saying it's a very bad year for them. So would your doctor think you're off your trolley if you went along and said "I need an innoculation, as I'm going on holiday to Sweden" ?!

Greg
Innoculation from what? I'm fairly ignorant on the subject of ticks.

How was your holiday? Were you Herranging it also?

Sheepman
7th-July-2006, 01:20 PM
Innoculation from what? I think the innoculations are for Lyme's disease, though the ticks can carry other nasties too. Tick bites are much more common than the illnesses. It's always good to have an all over body check with a partner each night :wink: But seeing as you'll be dancing all night at Herrang I'm not sure when you'll have time for that! :whistle:

I wasn't Herraning it, but the holiday was great, and despite the warnings & country walks, no tick bites in Sweden.

Greg

Donna
7th-July-2006, 02:01 PM
I think the innoculations are for Lyme's disease, though the ticks can carry other nasties too. Tick bites are much more common than the illnesses. It's always good to have an all over body check with a partner each night :wink: But seeing as you'll be dancing all night at Herrang I'm not sure when you'll have time for that! :whistle:

I wasn't Herraning it, but the holiday was great, and despite the warnings & country walks, no tick bites in Sweden.

Greg

I read in a magazine about this woman who went country walking, and when she returned to her hotel and got undressed, there were, as she described it, 'little black things' crawling on her legs. She thought nothing of it, brushed them off and got in the bath.

Over the next few months, she suddenly noticed she was feeling tired all the time, and didn't have energy to do her every day to day activities - including work, and was written off for a few weeks. The problem continued to worsen over the next 6-7 years until she was like a zombie. She could hardly talk or eat, and spent everyday in bed. It had an effect on her marriage,and her husband not being able to cope, left her. :mad:

After seeing the doctor many times, who diagnosed her with Chronic fatigue syndrome, she found the energy to get herself to the library and do a little research herself. She then came across a subject on Lymes disease, and that it can be caused by tick bites. This made her remember that time she went country walking and came back with those 'little black things' crawling on her legs.

She returned to the doctors and asked for a test on Lymes disease, even though they carried out the test before which came back negative, however, when the new results came back, it shown positive - she had been suffering from Lymes disease all these years! :what:

I've heard it can be quite hard to diagnose too. So, if you're going to go walking in the country side, best cover yourself up as best as you can, or avoid it.

This woman has been on anti-biotics for a couple of years, and is starting to make progress, but unfortunately as it wasn't caught early, she'll nver make a full recovery. :sad:

Minnie M
7th-July-2006, 06:52 PM
Oh - they only attack the really good lindy hoppers. They leave us lowly intermediates alone....
:confused: that can't be true, they had a real meal with me :sick:

Good luck and have fun, bring some photos back for the forum - especially the 'theme' night :clap:

:hug:

straycat
9th-July-2006, 11:05 PM
:confused: that can't be true, they had a real meal with me :sick:

Another beautiful compliment bites the dust :blush:

Good luck and have fun, bring some photos back for the forum - especially the 'theme' night :clap:

:hug:
See what I can do... mind you - it's Studio 54, about which I know nothing....

Freya
10th-July-2006, 12:10 AM
It's the Strirling Tea Dance On the Sunday for me!

Oh and It's my birthday on the Wed 26th so Some of us are going out for tea after the Tea dance to celebrate!

What a busy week for forum birthdays!!
So :yeah: lots of birthdays round this weekend

Beowulf
10th-July-2006, 12:01 PM
It's the Strirling Tea Dance On the Sunday for me!

Oh and It's my birthday on the Wed 26th so Some of us are going out for tea after the Tea dance to celebrate!

Sounds like a plan to me !:clap: will see how I get on finances wise though :) might not be able to afford to go galavanting all over scotland :tears:

Icey
10th-July-2006, 07:01 PM
It's Icey's birthday on 19th, so that's the nearest weekend to celebrate her 29th as well.
You can't shout too loud missus, I seem to recall that your birthday isn't so far away from mine :na:
In fact, it's on the 15th, which is just about in the same week!

LMC
10th-July-2006, 10:07 PM
'Snot, it's the week before, so ner. And I'm older than you so shut it.

spindr
10th-July-2006, 10:27 PM
'Snot, it's the week before, so ner. And I'm older than you so shut it.

I *don't* believe it
*I* thought you were twins :rofl:

SpinDr

jacksondonut
12th-July-2006, 03:30 PM
OK I have to admit it, I have a vested interest here....:blush:

The rest of the weekend seems quite busy. I have done my best to cover everything, but I am bound to have missed something. Feel free to chip in if you think another option should be added.

ZW

Count me in ZW, maybe we could do the trip together?? The more the merrier... looking forward to your celebrations already....:flower: :flower:

cake....:drool: :drool:

Limpy Tink
14th-July-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm doing the Big Dance, and have a rehearsal for it on the Friday evening :tears: but will do everything in my power to come to Ashtons at some point that evening to say Happy Birthday to the two/three of you. And on Sunday I'll be sleeping (the Big Dance routine is ****ing hard work).

DITTO!

Spice 'n' Easy & myself were hoping we would be let off the Friday night rehearsal (for good behaviour!:whistle: ) But much to our horror last night, we found out that we have to ALL be there and wont be able to get away until at least 9.15! :tears:

So that leaves a little problem:rolleyes:... stuck in Trafalgar square (no time to go home before trying to get up to Ashtons :eek: ), no car, (due to the nighmare early time we have to be in Traf Sq :mad: ), hot & sweaty before the evening has even started and dressed in a (not very subtle) little red & black number - with cut off fishnet tights... round my arms!!! :eek:

However - we are determind to get up to Ashtons!

As far as Sun goes... no time to sleep in my house, so i' just have to stay in to stroke my pet!:D

PS. We missed you last night Tess. Xxx

Zebra Woman
14th-July-2006, 10:35 AM
Count me in ZW, maybe we could do the trip together?? The more the merrier... looking forward to your celebrations already....

You were always counted in Jan, I'll be in touch re:Junction and time. :hug:

Spice 'n' Easy & myself were hoping we would be let off the Friday night rehearsal (for good behaviour!:whistle: ) But much to our horror last night, we found out that we have to ALL be there and wont be able to get away until at least 9.15! :tears:

So that leaves a little problem:rolleyes:... stuck in Trafalgar square (no time to go home before trying to get up to Ashtons :eek: ), no car, (due to the nighmare early time we have to be in Traf Sq :mad: ), hot & sweaty before the evening has even started and dressed in a (not very subtle) little red & black number - with cut off fishnet tights... round my arms!!! :eek:

However - we are determind to get up to Ashtons!

Oh no! :really: Poor you :hug: .

We will wait for you and Spicey. No birthday dance for me until you're both safely at Ashtons and ready to dance.

ZW x

Limpy Tink
14th-July-2006, 10:50 AM
We will wait for you and Spicey. No birthday dance for me until you're both safely at Ashtons and ready to dance.

ZW x

Thank you sweety. :hug:

Lory
14th-July-2006, 12:03 PM

:yeah:

Piglet
17th-July-2006, 10:13 AM
Yahoo!

Add Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh on Friday night for me and at least one other forumite! Really looking forward to this - heard so much about it and can't wait for Friday to come now :clap:

Dance Demon
17th-July-2006, 10:39 AM
Yahoo!

Add Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh on Friday night for me and at least one other forumite! Really looking forward to this - heard so much about it and can't wait for Friday to come now :clap:

Yay...be great to see you Piglet. It's a Red & Blue theme night....wear Red if you're hot, or Blue if you're cool....:waycool:

Piglet
17th-July-2006, 10:48 AM
Yay...be great to see you Piglet. It's a Red & Blue theme night....wear Red if you're hot, or Blue if you're cool....:waycool:
It will probably have to be red then - unless I wear my jeans....

Really looking forward to it - what a brilliant idea of Caro's to suggest it! This will be my first proper long weekend holiday of my holidays! I might get the taste for going away more....:D

Little Monkey
17th-July-2006, 12:14 PM
So, if you're going to go walking in the country side, best cover yourself up as best as you can, or avoid it.

Covering yourself up doesn't work at all. The ticks will crawl up your sleeves, down your neck, up your legs - wherever they can get to! And they like warm places, like underneath your bra strap or knicker line..... :sick:

I got two ticks on my hip and tummy in Norway when Sheepy and I were there, and that was despite wearing long sleeved top (and fleece) and long trousers. Sheepy got very good at doing thorough checks for ticks on me every night...... :whistle:

But you shouldn't get too hysterical, though, no need to stop going for walks in the countryside! Lyme's disease is very rare, but doctors do suggest people who do a lot of walking in the countyside should get vaccinated. At least this is what they do in Scandinavia.

Sorry for going off topic here....

Dance Demon
21st-July-2006, 06:18 AM
Just a reminder to anyone coming along to Red Hot & Blue in Edinburgh tonight, that it is in The Harvester Business Centre, Harvesters Way, Wester Hailes Edinburgh, ( Route 66 venue), and not in the Edinburgh Uni venue. :cheers:

straycat
21st-July-2006, 11:57 PM
All packed.

All ready.

We leave for the airport at 8am tomorrow.

Herrang, here we come....

Trousers
22nd-July-2006, 05:02 AM
Woah!
I had a bit of a poor week this week. Went to Reading to dance on Monday or Tuesday - there were 16 people there and a whippet. Definitely not a venue to waltz into wearing my normal dance trousers. I think they scared the women. It was dire, the whippet was ok though just a little bouncy. But then I asked the teacher - fit looking bird, thinks my brain, the trousers thought she's the teacher she'll be the best dance in here. So the trousers won and the brain had to go and ask teach for a boogie. I got the 'whothefcukdoyouthinkyouarewearingthosestupidtrous ersaskingmetodancei'maCerocteacherdon'tyouknow!' look up and down followed by mildly disconcerting 'erm i was just going to get a drink but erm ok' reply. Normally when someone I don't know mentions drink I'm cool - walk away let them get the drink - then if they want to pick up the offered dance the ball is in their court, they can decide. That way if they think they're tooooo good for me I don't get my nose stubbed twice. But this one confounded me by grabbing my hand or walking onto the floor - she took control - still confused just how I let down my gender there (sorry guys) but somehow going from 'erm I was. . . . .' to 'drawasmallsemicircletotheyeahright. . . .' had happened and I was there on the floor with teach. Not a fantastic tune from memory but I felt vaguely comfortable with it so I started doing my thing. Well I would have if I hadn't had to wrestle control from this woman who was starting to get right on my tits (that's french for getting right on my tits). Time for Mr. Assertive I thought and I wished that he was dancing with this demon and I could go back to the whippet, with whom I had started to build a rapport and I thought I may be in here later if I could get a bonio or two. But Mr. Assertive I knew was dancing at Brackley where I should have gone so I had to sort my own problems. So I threw in a couple of behave moves. The guys will know these - I'm sure we all have them - abrupt, strange hand holds, funny stops just something in the move that says 'Oi Bitch did you see that coming? Huh? Did you? Well did You?' Normally following these the 'almost follower' tends to drop the 'almost' title and starts to erm . . . oh yeah follow. Well I did the behave moves and she backed off, 'Bob on' I thought here we go. . . RockandRoll!! What's she do now yup you guessed it the 'how long have you been dancing' question. Whatthefcukisgoingonhere i started to wonder as I mumbled the stock in trade reply 'Oh ha ha har. . . . much too long' I mean what can you say there? Anyway I was expecting silence then so I could resume my thing, end this dance and go and stand up the other end of the room with the whippet what happened. I'llbloodytellyouwhatbloodyhappened she said
'You're quite good really'

?

You're quite good really??? Erm It's a damn good job we ain't in the states 'cos the NRA would have had a new member.

What the hell does 'You're quite good really' mean?

Do I emphasize the Quite which makes the good in the sentance read negatively in my book or the Really as if to say you dance like a twat but could be good?

I think I must have subconciously been upset by this because I didn't dance for the rest of the week. Ok it's been hot but when in Rome eat grapes off virgins has always been my motto and a little unclemant I mean good weather never stopped me busting some moves before.

Anyway, if anyone has got down here there is a point to this post. The point also determines why this thread got this post. The point is . . . . . oh bugger I forget. . . . . no seriously. I was travelling up from the smoke to the East Mids tonight and I thought why not stay late and bag a dance on the way home?
Well I did!
I went to Ashtons (first time in about 4 years I did a Friday at Ashtons) and I need to give thanks to all the ladies Muggles and 'Mites that I laydown some moves with. I ain't stupid, well my ex wife may disaggree that one, but I'm never going to win awards for my dancing but apart from two dances tonight one floppy lady that I couldn't even excite to mild firmness and one bouncy woman who could probably say she'd been in a fight with a Trouser Press! after i tried (partially successfully) to control the bounce with a firm hand. Apart from those I had a brilliant evening, time just flew, and the number of ladies that said flattering things about the dances we had had, well it was not far off all of them.

So thank you ladies you made this 'quite good really' dancer feel bloody good tonight and I just wanted to share that.

:flower:

straycat
22nd-July-2006, 06:55 AM
You're quite good really?

If it helps, I've heard you're not too bad, considering. :devil:

fletch
22nd-July-2006, 07:39 AM
Trousers

Better come back to the Midlands, looks like we appreciate you more up hear.:worthy:

Ho I don't dance in the Midlands any more I forgot.:na:

I don't think you dance like a tw$t (well most of the time):wink:

:rofl:

Icey
22nd-July-2006, 10:12 AM
I went to Ashtons (first time in about 4 years I did a Friday at Ashtons) and I need to give thanks to all the ladies Muggles and 'Mites that I laydown some moves with.

I throughly enjoyed our dance, it was also a pleasure to meet you properly. Please come down to Ashtons again soon.

Icey
22nd-July-2006, 10:16 AM
I had a fabster of an evening, great dances all round. I just wish I could have danced even more :sad: (I spent the day taking part in a team-building-running-about-in-the-sun when I'm not built for running event)

Tessaliscious, thankyou for convincing me not to hide for the snowball. It was great fun :hug:

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 10:18 AM
I ain't stupid, well my ex wife may disaggree that one

:rofl:I didn't stop laughing all through that post :flower:
Glad you enjoyed it. I kept thinking to myself throughout our dances ' he's quite good really' :rolleyes:

I had a wicked night :D

Big Thank you to ChrisA for my lesson in self preservation :respect: Unfortunately when one freak leaves another arrives :what:

2 of my favourite quotes from the evening....

He has the musicality of a telephone directory :rofl:
Did I nearly make you orgasm :eek:

Trousers
22nd-July-2006, 10:37 AM

bugger i knew there was something I wanted to ask you :grin:

Andreas
22nd-July-2006, 10:42 AM
bugger i knew there was something I wanted to ask you :grin:
Please form an orderly queue ... :rofl:

-----
Anyway, I had a great night. Thanks ladies for all those fabulous dances. By the time I left I was sooooo tired. Sorry Sparkles, you were dancing whenever I looked towards the end so I just had to give in the to the calling of my bed w/o getting another dance.

It was a great night, apart from one track ... boom boom for what, 8 minutes? This song should honestly be banned because just when it turns to 'especially unbearable' it just goes on for another three minutes. That was the only time I thought 'bu**er, why did that woman drag me onto the floor'. Other than that, a great night. There were quite a few tunes that I was completely unfamiliar with, cool!

Lory
22nd-July-2006, 11:17 AM
Woah!
So thank you ladies you made this 'quite good really' dancer feel bloody good tonight and I just wanted to share that.:flower:
Thank you! I enjoyed our dances too! :cheers:

In fact, ALL my dances were :drool: I had a fabulous evening!:clap:

Sorry ZW, I was planning to bail out of the birthday dance and take some pics of your dare (which I didn't want to miss) but I kind of got caught up in the moment :blush: and ended up joining in... with the aid of Bob, shouting at me over the mic! :really: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope someone else managed to take some?

:innocent: :whistle:

WittyBird
22nd-July-2006, 11:21 AM
I hope someone else managed to take some?

I got all the pictures :D waiting for ZW to name before I post the first 5

Dizzy
22nd-July-2006, 11:29 AM
I have such a great night dancing last night with so many great dancers. I don't think I had a bad dance the entire night :clap: :clap: :flower:

Trousers, I am not actually sure that we danced as we weren't introduced but if we did dance then I enjoyed it :D

The only thing was the heat of the place :sick:. I looked as if I had been swimming the entire night as my hair was just wet the entire night - not the best look!! :blush:

Lory
22nd-July-2006, 11:38 AM
I looked as if I had been swimming the entire night as my hair was just wet the entire night - not the best look!! :blush:
Yes but, everyone looked the same, so you were in good company!;)

The amazing thing was, everyone was wet but no one I came into contact with smelt :clap: :na:

I forgot to say thank you to Jacksondohnut, for helping me out of an irritating problem, she took great pleasure in RIPPING my petticoat off...What a relief! :cheers: :D

Dizzy
22nd-July-2006, 11:41 AM

Amazingly enough Lory, you still looked great :flower: :worthy:. Having long hair has it's advantages :wink:

Trousers
22nd-July-2006, 12:08 PM
I throughly enjoyed our dance, it was also a pleasure to meet you properly. Please come down to Ashtons again soon.
I'm curious Icey - Just how did you recognise me?

jacksondonut
22nd-July-2006, 12:56 PM

The amazing thing was, everyone was wet but no one I came into contact with smelt :clap: :na:

I forgot to say thank you to Jacksondohnut, for helping me out of an irritating problem, she took great pleasure in RIPPING my petticoat off...What a relief! :cheers: :D

No worries... Lory.... I quite enjoyed it. :whistle: It was soooo hot I wished we could have taken everything off, but so slippy and wet, the dancefloor would have been more like a swimming pool... (rather entertaining tho...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

I can honestly say that must have been the hottest night ever for me in years of dancing.. it felt like we were dancing in a Turkish Wrestlers Jockstrap.... :yeah:

Oh and thanks girls for the great company there and back.. ZW, Miss Conduct, Cruella, Linda and Kim.:hug: :hug: :flower: :flower: ALWAYS more fun than doing it by yourself.. :wink:

All in all a FAB night.. thanks folks.
:cheers:

Miss Conduct
22nd-July-2006, 02:26 PM
Fantastic evening! Thanks Janet for the drive, especially for the scenic route on the way down and the speed of the return trip!

My thanks to everyone for the brilliant dances and my apologies to those who got me just before I changed my dresses (soaked 3 in total). :sick:

A special thank you to Andreas for the best multiple spin I've ever had and for then escorting me back to my table and depositing me on a chair to recover - very gentlemanly. :worthy:

My dances with you Trousers were. as always, divine. I particulaly enjoy the little comments I get during the dance... :wink: I've always thought you were quite good myself...:devil:

It's great how a fabulous night can soften the blow of becoming a year older, so glad that all the Birthday forumites had such a good time. - Who's next...!?

WittyBird
23rd-July-2006, 02:45 AM
Well Hammersmith tonite.......

Didn't do it for me :mad:

Couldn't dance at all and felt like I was completely out of sorts, hated the music but that was probably down to the way I was feeling, much to fast for me.

Thanks ChrisA (from last night) he didn't ask once :clap:

Trousers
23rd-July-2006, 03:04 AM
Well Hammersmith tonite.......
Didn't do it for me :mad:
Couldn't dance at all and felt like I was completely out of sorts, hated the music but that was probably down to the way I was feeling, much to fast for me.

Ditto all that - sound quality at back of the room was ****. Music odd at best.
Floor craft of punters non existant.

WittyBird
23rd-July-2006, 03:16 AM
Ditto all that.

If it wasn't for the lovely Howard giving me a pep talk and the fact I was waiting for Taz , I would've left hours before it finished.

Thank you to Howard:respect: Oh and thank you for the lovely compliments :D You really are such a sweetie :worthy:

Georgious dancer
23rd-July-2006, 01:15 PM
Sounds like I didn't miss much at Hammersmith! I went out for a meal and to the cinema with my Dad!

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - didn't think that much of it - still it was a pleasant night!

Off to Slinky's tonight - looking forward to that have only danced once this week and I was taxi-ing!

Daydreaming Diva
24th-July-2006, 08:58 AM
What a splendid idea your poll is. Don't know if I'm responding to it correctly.

I'm off to Beach Boogie. Just trying to arrange my transport at the moment. Probably going Wednesday to Saturday. So 26th to 29th in fact.

Lesley

stewart38
24th-July-2006, 09:55 AM
Sounds like I didn't miss much at Hammersmith! I went out for a meal and to the cinema with my Dad!

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - didn't think that much of it - still it was a pleasant night!

Off to Slinky's tonight - looking forward to that have only danced once this week and I was taxi-ing!

It was a good fun night for those that danced :mad: No mention of free ice cream i see

very hot

Thought Ashtons was good too

robd
24th-July-2006, 07:50 PM
What an interesting weekend : a London triple-header for me

Ashtons
An enjoyable night. What was great was that even though I didn't feel I was dancing well I was having so much fun I didn't care. Too often, self-criticism in dancing can lead to a poor night when ultimately if you're both having fun, who cares?? Too much Latin music again for my tastes but probably not for the majority.

Hammersmith
First time I've been there. May be the last. God-awful music, big inconsistencies in the floor and no real atmosphere. At least I got a free ice cream from Mike Ellard himself which was nice. Also got a 'no-reason' refusal which was a novelty.

Slinkys
The best night I've had in a long time but I've said that already on another thread.

Overall, a weekend to savour.

Rob

Cruella
25th-July-2006, 10:02 AM
What an interesting weekend : a London triple-header for me...........................
Rob
You forgot to mention the highlight of your weekend Rob, the hour in the layby :whistle: :rofl:

robd
25th-July-2006, 10:09 AM
You forgot to mention the highlight of your weekend Rob, the hour in the layby :whistle: :rofl:

The hour and 15 minutes I think you'll find :eek: Still, there were certain attractions there that helped pass the time :waycool:

Cruella
25th-July-2006, 10:21 AM
The hour and 15 minutes I think you'll find :eek:
Such stamina! :rofl:

Lory
27th-July-2006, 09:00 PM
Photo's from Ashtons are now in the gallery! :)