PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot boogie - anyone done it?

Magic Hans
5th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
http://creativelaunchpad.co.uk/Documents/barefootboogieflyer.pdf

Donna
5th-July-2006, 02:50 PM
http://creativelaunchpad.co.uk/Documents/barefootboogieflyer.pdf

Yuuuk! Sounds weird to me! :eek:

I can't believe they it's called "barefoot boogie" and notes at the bottom that you can go bare footed or in soft shoes. Ahem - I don't call wearing soft shoes being bare footed. Somebody standing on your feet in bare feet can hurt never mind in soft shoes!

Oh yes, just a thought - imagine all those who might have athletes foot or verrucas even. :sick:

Not for me, thanks.:sick:

Magic Hans
5th-July-2006, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Donna]Yuuuk! Sounds weird to me! :eek:
...QUOTE]

You're not wrong!!!:whistle:

Andreas
6th-July-2006, 12:39 PM
Not sure why you classify it as 'weird'. Moving barefoot is a completely different experience. Your dancing will change considerably by doing so because you can use a lot more of the tension and flexibility of your feet rather than more or less hard shoe soles. Seeing the types of music they are playing, a lot of them are being danced to with bare feet. :flower:

Tiggerbabe
6th-July-2006, 01:41 PM
At a party in the Bonar Hall, Dundee (great hall, fabulous floor :drool: ) many moons ago there was a girl who gave a demonstration of African dancing, she then taught some basic steps for which we all had to be barefoot. Afterwards I did try one MJ dance but double spins were out :eek:

Had another fab night/morning dancing in a pair of Sherwin's sports sox - at an after party party in his old flat - which had a brilliant floor in the lounge :D

Donna
6th-July-2006, 01:46 PM
At a party in the Bonar Hall, Dundee (great hall, fabulous floor :drool: ) many moons ago there was a girl who gave a demonstration of African dancing, she then taught some basic steps for which we all had to be barefoot. Afterwards I did try one MJ dance but double spins were out :eek:

So long as the floor wasn't too filthy, and so long as I don't get friction burns on my feet (or splinters even :grin: ) I think I'd do it.

As for double spinning.. hmmm try rubbing talc under your feet. That should make you go! :grin:

Dorothy
6th-July-2006, 02:30 PM
.....splinters, too much resistance, burning soles, ouch!

Magic Hans
8th-July-2006, 08:07 AM
Not sure why you classify it as 'weird'. Moving barefoot is a completely different experience. Your dancing will change considerably by doing so because you can use a lot more of the tension and flexibility of your feet rather than more or less hard shoe soles. Seeing the types of music they are playing, a lot of them are being danced to with bare feet. :flower:

I used to go down in Camden many moons ago when I lived in London. It was so chilled!! And plenty of djembe drums at the end to really build the energy!!

It was certainly wierd the first time [but then, any out of the ordinary experience would be, wouldn't it!!]

Ian

MartinHarper
8th-July-2006, 02:02 PM
At some weekender I did a barefoot dance class on the grass outside. That was fun. Obviously you have to dance without spinning too much.

Piglet
24th-July-2006, 01:57 PM
When I was 19 I used to always dance in my bare feet, wearing a short tent dress, gathered with my studded belt, and black footless tights. It was my favourite outfit... until I stepped on broken glass one night and it made me think twice really (about going bare-footed not the outfit).

Have also walked home after a night of dancing and took my boots off to walk bare-footed along the grassy verges - excellent feeling.

Donna
26th-July-2006, 01:32 PM
At some weekender I did a barefoot dance class on the grass outside. That was fun. Obviously you have to dance without spinning too much.

But... men don't really spin that much anyway do they?:grin: Nah not for me, would end up taking all the skin off my feet - or worse, stand in some glass.:rolleyes:

LemonCake
26th-July-2006, 05:16 PM
Last week at the outdoor production of The Winters Tale PretzelMeister indulged me by dancing during the interval on the grass next to the stage. Barefoot on grass (with occasional twigs) was tricky, not much potential for spinning. But fun! Well I was missing my usual Wednesday night at GUU, needed some dancing in the evening! :whistle: Addicted, who, me?

Beowulf
26th-July-2006, 05:55 PM
I cannot even contemplate this..

My feet only see the light of day (well night actually) when in the privacy of my own bedroom/bathroom. I've got horrible horrible feet and would not contemplate exposing them to public ridicule.

and besides., it's unhygienic surely? lots of sweaty feet with goodness knows what sort of bacteria and fungal infections stomping across a dance floor? then not to mention the risk of stubbing a toe or friction burns or standing on something sharp? shudder.. it sends shivers down my legs.

Piglet
27th-July-2006, 12:18 PM
it sends shivers down my legs.
so long as it's just shivers .... :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2006, 12:46 PM
Barebum Boogie Classes coming to a Ceroc venue near you. Soon!

straycat
1st-August-2006, 10:03 AM
Sunburnt my feet once at Beach Boogie, which meant that wearing shoes became agony for a couple of days - so I did classes and social dancing barefoot. T'was a nice feeling, but I was a bit nervous of being stepped on - it made me very conscious of my footwork for a while... :)

whitetiger1518
8th-August-2006, 12:11 PM
Sunburnt my feet once at Beach Boogie, which meant that wearing shoes became agony for a couple of days - so I did classes and social dancing barefoot. T'was a nice feeling, but I was a bit nervous of being stepped on - it made me very conscious of my footwork for a while... :)

Definitely risky - once had a ceilidh dance where I was in strappy open toed sandals, and my partner was in steel toe capped combat boots - double ouch :eek: :tears: :tears:

Whitetiger

Lynn
8th-August-2006, 01:15 PM
At some weekender I did a barefoot dance class on the grass outside. That was fun. Obviously you have to dance without spinning too much.I've done salsa barefoot in the park on a glorious summer afternoon. The grass needs to be really short though, to make sure there isn't anything dangerous there to stand on!

I've done barefoot occasionally at weekenders when I've already taken my dance shoes off - usually about 6am when I'm really too tired to dance and am not trying to spin anyway!