PDA

View Full Version : Showcase Partner Wanted

Ash
10th-April-2003, 11:45 PM
Hi!

I’m looking for a cabaret partner. Is there anybody out there who can copy any style (Latin American, balletic/contemporary, country & western…) and any mood (comedic, dramatic, sexy, slapstick…) and is up for doing innovative & original shows? I’m based in Northampton and so anybody within a 60 mile radius would be nice (London, Birmingham, Oxford, Cambridge, Leicester…)

Partners are hard to find as it’s not just ability but chemistry, rapport etc. So don’t be afraid to approach me as the worst thing that will happen is that you’ll make a new friend!

For anybody who doesn’t know me I’m the Spotlight winner from Blackpool and the current Ceroc Showcase champion. I’ll be performing at Hammersmith on 4 May.

Ash

P.S. I haven’t fallen out with my current partner as I only borrowed Kim from her dance partner/boyfriend!

Will
11th-April-2003, 11:07 AM
Ash,

I'm afraid I'm not available to be your showcase partner, but I did want to say that I loved your Phantom of the Opera at Blackpool. Particularly loved the make-up! Looking forward to seeing it again at the Champs.

TheTramp
11th-April-2003, 11:11 AM
He was wearing make-up???

(Predictable I know)

(I did consider auditioning for the part!!)

Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
11th-April-2003, 11:31 AM
Any bias re. gender, size or type of animal?

Ash
11th-April-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your kind words, Will.

Basil Brush
Any bias re. gender, size or type of animal?
Actually you’d be perfect for the next piece: ‘Beauty & the Brush’. A story of passion, intrigue and a furry animal. There’s no kissing scenes (Mr. Tramp was disappointed when I told him this) but it will stretch your acting fur and show people that you’re not just a ‘boom boom’ cliché but a fox with hidden depths...

bigdjiver
12th-April-2003, 03:19 PM
<< I’m looking for a cabaret partner. Is there anybody out there who can copy any style (Latin American, ... >>

And so was born the conga-jive....

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
12th-April-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Ash
Thanks for your kind words, Will.

.[B]
Actually you’d be perfect for the next piece: ‘Beauty & the Brush’. A story of passion, intrigue and a furry animal. There’s no kissing scenes, but it will stretch your acting fur and show people that you’re not just a ‘boom boom’ cliché but a fox with hidden depths...

OK- I'm in.... where do I sign?

Ash
2nd-October-2003, 11:18 PM
"Ceroc Showcase and Blackpool Spotlight Champion WLTM stylish & creative dance partner for innovative & original cabarets. Strong technique desirable but GSOH, chemistry & rapport most essential. Applications limited to female dancers only."

TheTramp
3rd-October-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ash
Applications limited to female dancers only.Isn't this blatent discrimination????

Steve

Will
3rd-October-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Isn't this blatent discrimination????

You said it Sister!

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Isn't this blatant discrimination????

Steve

Yes it is. There's absolutely no reason why Ash shouldn't do a Cabaret with a man.

On this occasion I'm not volunteering. But only because Ash is too tall for me.

And because the next time I enter a competition with another man I want to be remembered as the good looking one.

Although if Ash was made up as the Phantom and wasn't wearing the mask he might just qualify as less good looking than me:tears: :tears:

Ash
3rd-October-2003, 09:12 AM
Andy McGregor
On this occasion I'm not volunteering. But only because Ash is too tall for me.
Does size matter...

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ash
Does size matter...

Not size on its own, only the difference in size:D