PDA

View Full Version : When you cant dance but want to

stewart38
4th-July-2006, 02:48 PM
Was dancing the other night and found myself knackered after 2/3 dances and had to sit out for next 2/3. Then do 2/3 dances then sit out again. The venue wasn’t particularly hot or crowded and the music was good.

Now given recently I danced at Southport and other weekenders for up to 10hrs with only the odd break, I ASSUME I had a bug or something

Guess time will tell when I dance again this weekend

I always assume as I get older by dance stammer with go from 10hrs to 9.75hrs to 9.5hrs etc

Maybe I take my body for granted that it should always perform and its telling me to slow down (Id travelled over 230 miles on that day and been up for 16hrs) , or maybe it was just a ‘bug’

Has this happen to anyone else this one off type thing

If its more serious, lilies are fine :sad:

Twirly
4th-July-2006, 03:03 PM
Every night is different, I'd just put it down to an off night if I was you, unless it starts happening regularly. Does sound like you'd been punishing yourself a bit though - long day and long distance travelling and all that. Are you going for the live fast die young lifestyle?! :devil: (It's my current pension policy :devil: )

I don't think that I could dance for 10 hours straight at the moment, but then I am dancing for longer periods than a year ago cause I'm a little bit fitter... :clap:

johnthehappyguy
4th-July-2006, 03:08 PM
If I don't eat and drink properly before and during dancing, then I feel bewildered, and i don't enjoy dancing, then I used to feel faint before I knew what caused it.

How is your food and drink intake Stewart ?

John:nice:

MartinHarper
4th-July-2006, 03:10 PM
Probably the heat. Drink plenty of water and wear shorts.

Rhythm King
4th-July-2006, 03:29 PM
Welcome to my world :sad:

Lory
4th-July-2006, 03:31 PM
I had a really good time on Friday, there was room to dance, nice dancers AND great music, which would normally have me moaning and groaning when the last two tracks were announced but this time, I was actually quite relieved :what: I just don't think I could have danced another track :blush: ... yes Stewart.....it's 'very weird' when it happens :confused:

johnthehappyguy
4th-July-2006, 04:01 PM

:yeah: :rofl: :whistle:

John:waycool:

TiggsTours
4th-July-2006, 04:11 PM
I reckon you'll find it happens to us all, its certainly happened to me before, thought I was fine but my body was just not up to it that night, it happened last night actually.

You were probably tired, physically if not mentally, and your body needed the break, so it was telling you to slow down, nothing to worry about. Do you suffer from hayfever? I find I get tired far quicker when my hayfever's playing up, because I can't breathe quite so easily.

stewart38
4th-July-2006, 04:20 PM

Nooooooooo

Shorts can be worn while swimming end of story

TheTramp
5th-July-2006, 12:30 AM
I know what you mean. I used to dance non-stop all night at Camber, 5 years ago. Now I can't even manage all night at a class night some times :tears: