PDA

View Full Version : First move Manhood grope?

Daisy Fox
4th-July-2006, 02:46 PM
Whilst dancing at Daventry I was subjected to a move I have never danced before. I dont know the names of all the moves but this one involved me standing behind the man boobs to back, he has my hands and, usually puts my hands on his hips. This particular man chose to place my hands further round his body and a little lower south - it was disgusting.
I am not one for confrontation and already felt threatened by the way he was leering at me, but I am taking it that this was not an official ceroc / modern jive move.

Think this guy was taking the dirty dancing thing a little bit too far. Has anyone else experienced this kind of nonsense.

Wish I had had a camera so I could name and shame him.

yuk!!!!!!!

El Salsero Gringo
4th-July-2006, 02:54 PM
Whilst dancing at Daventry I was subjected to a move I have never danced before. I dont know the names of all the moves but this one involved me standing behind the man boobs to back, he has my hands and, usually puts my hands on his hips. This particular man chose to place my hands further round his body and a little lower south - it was disgusting.
I am not one for confrontation and already felt threatened by the way he was leering at me, but I am taking it that this was not an official ceroc / modern jive move.

Think this guy was taking the dirty dancing thing a little bit too far. Has anyone else experienced this kind of nonsense.

yuk!!!!!!!Somehow I don't think that's an official Ceroc move, no. Did you get a chance to mention it to the venue manager? Perhaps they could have had a quiet word with him.

straycat
4th-July-2006, 02:54 PM
Alas, this kind of thing does (very occasionally) happen - I strongly suggest you have a word with the venue organisers. Spoils things for everyone, especially you, and anyone else he tries this on with.

If he tries that on a first-timer, for example, that's one person who very likely won't be coming back, so they have a vested interest in knowing about it.

Daisy Fox
4th-July-2006, 02:59 PM
Didn't have a chance to talk to Emma on the night. But will e mail her and try and describe the chap. Your right, a first timer would not be back.

Twirly
4th-July-2006, 03:31 PM
Why on earth do some guys think this sort of behaviour is acceptable? DF - I hope you do report him as otherwise he will continue to think he can get away with it. Try and point him out to the venue manager next time you see him there.

bigdjiver
4th-July-2006, 04:37 PM

yuk!!!!!!!Yuk indeed. I have seen a guy in the boobs to back position pull the lady in, and massage her breasts with his shoulder blades. The first time I assumed that he knew the lady rather well, but she never returned. The second time I saw it the lady was obviously a bit embarrased, but did not seem distressed.
Whatever, I decided that it was worth reporting to a teacher at his regular venue, so she could keep an eye on him. Her reaction was "Ooh, I hate it when he does that.":eek:
I have not seen it done since.

El Salsero Gringo
4th-July-2006, 04:51 PM
Yuk indeed. I have seen a guy in the boobs to back position pull the lady in, and massage her breasts with his shoulder blades.Must give that one a go...

Yliander
4th-July-2006, 04:57 PM
I am not one for confrontation and already felt threatened by the way he was leering at me, but I am taking it that this was not an official ceroc / modern jive move.I know a very effective exit to this move - grab hold tight and spin out - this exit will clearly demonstration that is not an appropriate leading connection.

It also has the added advantage of putting him out of action for the rest of the night when done proberly :wink:

Donna
4th-July-2006, 05:00 PM
Must give that one a go...

:rofl: There are some strange moves which actually exist like that. Read my instructions on how to do the boob nuzzle here. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238612&postcount=9) :grin:

However, what the guy did was bang out of order. Report him.

El Salsero Gringo
4th-July-2006, 05:13 PM
I know a very effective exit to this move - grab hold tight and spin out - this exit will clearly demonstration that is not an appropriate leading connection.

It also has the added advantage of putting him out of action for the rest of the night when done proberly :wink:I like that. But - even simpler - just do the Heimlich manoever (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimlich_maneuver) but with your hands where he left them!

Serendipity
4th-July-2006, 07:49 PM

yuk!!!!!!!

Euw, I think this man might have been in the classes earlier in the day. I had to ask a guy to back off because he did much the same thing, and in the end got so annoyed I stopped dancing and mentioned him to Jaime.

Daisy Fox
4th-July-2006, 08:46 PM
Euw, I think this man might have been in the classes earlier in the day. I had to ask a guy to back off because he did much the same thing, and in the end got so annoyed I stopped dancing and mentioned him to Jaime.

wonder if it was the same guy. what did he look like?

LMC
5th-July-2006, 10:13 AM
In a class, I would go for the embarrassment factor: loud voice "Are you sure my hand is supposed to be on your genitals?"

This wouldn't work in freestyle, so I'd feel perfectly justified in making him let go by either kicking his ankle or jabbing my elbow in his stomach (if possible - depends on how your hand is being held). Then leaving the dance immediately and reporting him.

Cruella
5th-July-2006, 10:15 AM
In a class, I would go for the embarrassment factor: loud voice "Are you sure my hand is supposed to be on your genitals?"

This wouldn't work in freestyle, so I'd feel perfectly justified in making him let go by either kicking his ankle or jabbing my elbow in his stomach (if possible - depends on how your hand is being held). Then leaving the dance immediately and reporting him.
Personally i'd give him what he wants, just 100 times harder!!

Twirly
5th-July-2006, 10:26 AM

I agree - but I think I'd just be so stunned that I wouldn't react fast enough. Mind you, I'd probably get a pair of Spaghetti arms pretty fast though...

LMC
5th-July-2006, 10:51 AM
I dunno... publicly humiliating someone is far more satisfactory than physical violence IMO - demonstrates that *you* are in control of the situation, *he* is the one that should be embarrassed by his behaviour (not you) and has the double advantage of putting him "in the spotlight" so every single other lady in the class knows to avoid him. Plus it's unusual enough that gossip would probably spread like wildfire :D

I certainly found that drawing attention rather than slapping the culprit worked a treat on the tube when I loudly asked a rather grubby looking young man *very* politely to stop rubbing his knee suggestively up and down against my leg... - he was a laughing stock until he left at the next station, and I felt like I'd taken "power" back in a situation which would otherwise have left me feeling rather used.

The whole thing about sticks and stones is rubbish - humiliation wounds far more deeply and for longer than bruising (if you squeezed hard enough to cause permanent injury then unfortunately that could put you in the wrong - the law is sometimes an ass...). So if I was going for maximum damage to his sick ego, then I'd stick with the "Ooooh, look at the pervert everybody" route...

Cruella
5th-July-2006, 10:57 AM
I dunno... publicly humiliating someone is far more satisfactory than physical violence IMO
I actually agree with you, it also puts some humour into an otherwise nasty situation. Nobody likes to be laughed at! Although most of us seem willing to laugh at others.:innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-July-2006, 12:14 PM
I actually agree with you, it also puts some humour into an otherwise nasty situation. Nobody likes to be laughed at! Although most of us seem willing to laugh at others.:innocent:Watching the film "Creep" the other night, I just loved the line (and this was to a man who'd just, how can I put it, unzipped) "I don't know what to say! It looks just like a penis - only smaller!"

straycat
5th-July-2006, 12:24 PM
I dunno... publicly humiliating someone is far more satisfactory than physical violence IMO

I agree, although it just ... doesn't ... seem ... to ... register with a few select individuals.

My SO had the following conversation with someone recently (he'd just come up to stand next to her at a dance venue):

strange_guy: Would you like to dance?
mrs_straycat: If you remove your hand from my bum, I might consider it.
strange_guy (removes hand, completely unabashed): Er - OK - would you like to dance now?
mrs_straycat (considers it): No thank you.

And still he didn't get it...

straycat
5th-July-2006, 12:27 PM

I forgot to ask - you make it sound like you've tried both approaches & are speaking from experience...

Details please :cool:

Beowulf
5th-July-2006, 01:10 PM
Next time he puts you into a spin your "style point" should be a raised knee.. :)

littlewiggle
5th-July-2006, 01:24 PM

:yeah: :rofl:

LMC
5th-July-2006, 02:02 PM
Details please :cool:
I'm lucky enough never to have been seriously perved on whilst dancing since I was a beginner (and I'm still angry with myself for not having "said something" then, but as a beginner who's not used to dancing being a contact sport, it's sometimes hard to know whether it's your inexperience/initial discomfort at invasion of personal space).

And I'm not a physically violent person. However, referring back to the Tube incident posted above, being courteous but icy (and LOUD - not shouting, but making sure your voice carries: the whole point is that everyone knows that someone has crossed acceptable boundaries otherwise, as per your SO's experience, they just don't care and will move on to the next unfortunate) was infinitely more satisfying than losing my temper and swearing, which I've also tried at other times in the past.

I rarely get perved on anywhere these days. I prefer to think that's because I have a "Don't mess with me" attitude rather than because I'm utterly repulsive. Any self-defence advisor (whether martial arts or website advice on personal defence) will tell you that attitude has an awful lot to do with whether you are "attacked". Perverts get their kicks from a sense of power - they don't really care what the emotional response is as long as they get an emotional response rather than a rational one. Most averagely nice people are upset to think they have hurt someone's feelings - a perve just thinks "Great, I matter to someone" - if you let them get away with it, then they have scored. If you get upset, then they still score. They will pick someone they think will give them their kicks - hopefully someone who is too scared to draw attention to what's going on. Just stopping them isn't enough - but public laughter/contempt would hopefully make them think twice before trying it on again. As Cruella said, no-one likes to be laughed at, and that memory would sting far longer than a slap across the face.

Re: your SO's experience - the funniest one I ever heard (hearsay/urban legend, but I *know* I'd steal this line if it ever happens to me!) was a girl on the tube (again) who lifted a creep's hand high in the air and shouted "Excuse me, does this belong to anyone, I just found it crawling across my bottom".

Don't get mad - get even :wink:

stewart38
5th-July-2006, 02:06 PM
Somehow I don't think that's an official Ceroc move, no. Did you get a chance to mention it to the venue manager? Perhaps they could have had a quiet word with him.

and the answer is ?

or we going to have another thread about how nasty some men can be :whistle:

Daisy Fox
5th-July-2006, 03:41 PM
They will pick someone they think will give them their kicks - hopefully someone who is too scared to draw attention to what's going on. Just stopping them isn't enough - but public laughter/contempt would hopefully make them think twice before trying it on again.
Don't get mad - get even :wink:

You are so right, I am usually quite a confident person, but after living in London and a few nasty incidents there, I do find it difficult to stand up for myself in these situations. Think it was a case of being in shock and not quite believing what had just happened. Hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does all your advice has really helped me.

Have e mailed Ceroc and reported it, so will wait and see what they say.

Cruella
5th-July-2006, 03:57 PM
who lifted a creep's hand high in the air and shouted "Excuse me, does this belong to anyone, I just found it crawling across my bottom".

Thats priceless!!:rofl: :rofl:

Donna
5th-July-2006, 04:04 PM
Thats priceless!!:rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: I love it!!! I just hope somebody runs their hand across my bottom for the sake of using this line! :rofl:

Beowulf
6th-July-2006, 02:11 PM
:yeah: I love it!!! I just hope somebody runs their hand across my bottom for the sake of using this line! :rofl:

anything to oblige a lady.. when you next in Aberdeenland? :whistle: :wink:

ducasi
6th-July-2006, 02:18 PM
I'd have thought that a sway manhood-grope would be an easier hijack than a first move manhood-grope.

What, we're not talking about ladies hijacking? :confused: :really:

Buttons
6th-July-2006, 02:29 PM
When I first started dancing (many years ago) Someone grabbed my bottom when I was getting ready to go home. He had been sleazing all night with every one. I am quite gobby, so I grabbed his hand and shouted 'Who does this hand belong to? It has been attached to my a**e. Harsh I know but The guy never tried it on again.

Donna
6th-July-2006, 04:50 PM
anything to oblige a lady.. when you next in Aberdeenland? :whistle: :wink:

Never ever been to Scotland before. I think we're doing the scotland ceroc champs, but will be making sure I wear a mouse trap hanging down from my belt. On second thoughts, maybe that's not such a good idea when I have my back facing steve doing the blues sway. :rofl: :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-July-2006, 09:54 AM
So if I was going for maximum damage to his sick ego, then I'd stick with the "Ooooh, look at the pervert everybody" route...

I'd agree thats the best way, that sort of person thinks a lot of themselves so treating them with total disdain works very well.

Personally I only grope anyone after signed authorisation -

from both of their parents.

Andreas
7th-July-2006, 03:23 PM
Must give that one a go...
That is child play. Have you ever tried putting yourself into a layback with the lady behind you? If you don't do it right (really?) and are too close you can rest your head on her ... :rofl: Sorry ladies, I didn't do it on purpose, no matter how much you enjoyed it. :na: :devil: :blush:

horsey_dude
12th-September-2006, 09:35 AM
I think you need to buy one of these:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/s/08/15/29/79_11.JPG

So that you are ready for next time.