PDA

View Full Version : July 7/8/9th

Cruella
3rd-July-2006, 06:27 PM
Usual question.:rolleyes:

Serendipity
3rd-July-2006, 06:38 PM
Hello

I'm new to this, but this Friday I will mostly be dancing in Biggleswade.

x

Twirly
3rd-July-2006, 06:49 PM
*will be sunning herself on a Greek beach* :grin: :waycool:

Actually, I'll be trying to avoid looking like this: :angry: since I burn easily - still, I have my factor 50 :cool:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-July-2006, 06:51 PM
Apropos of nothing, did you know that "Twirlies" is what bus drivers and tube staff call the elderly folk who use their free bus/travel passes. They tend to arive or board at 9:25 (the entitlement starts at 9:30) and ask "Am I twirly?"

Donna
3rd-July-2006, 06:56 PM
Tut! Looks like there is nothing on up this way. :tears: Now what?!

Cruella
3rd-July-2006, 07:58 PM
They tend to arive or board at 9:25 (the entitlement starts at 9:30) and ask "Am I twirly?"
:rolleyes: Groan.

I can't tick the poll as i can only come out to play twice over the weekend. :rolleyes: I can't decide between Hipsters, Twyford, Funky Lush and Muswell Hill!
Why is there too much choice this weekend and hardly any next!
Although this looks good for the 15th!

1. Fusion Dance Party Saturday 15th of July in Earl’s Court!

Introducing a fantastic dance adventure in the heart of Earls Court!

Jango « Modern Jive « West Coast Swing « Night Club Two Step « Tango

The Philbeach Hall
51 Philbeach Gardens
Earls' Courts
London SW5 9EB

8pm Taster Fun Class with Amir and Catriona: Swango!

9pm Fusion Freestyle Till 12pm!

Guest Performances at 10pm « Soft drinks bar available « 5 Minute walk from Earls Court Tube

£9 on the door - £8 if you pre-book by email: amir@jango.co.uk

Your Music Maestros

« Greg King of Smooth of Monday Meltdown! «

« Graham of West Coast Swing Wednesdays! «

Lory
3rd-July-2006, 08:37 PM
i can only come out to play twice over the weekend. :rolleyes:

How many times do you want? :what:

:devil:

ducasi
3rd-July-2006, 10:06 PM
Glasgow party on Saturday at the GUU – Usual stuff downstairs in the dining room, and blues upstairs in the reading room.

Looking forward to it, hope to see lots of you there! :nice:

Tiggerbabe
4th-July-2006, 12:31 AM
hope to see lots of you there! :nice:
Would you settle for seeing just the usual amount of me? :whistle:

ducasi
4th-July-2006, 06:22 AM
Would you settle for seeing just the usual amount of me? :whistle:
Yeah, OK... and lots of the usual amount of other people. :)

Freya
4th-July-2006, 07:18 AM
Can't come to Glasgow this weekend! :sad:

Because I'm getting my Brace removed :clap and then going to Work :sick:!!!

Cruella
4th-July-2006, 08:32 AM
How many times do you want? :what:

:devil:
As many as i can get, i'm greedy. :D

robd
4th-July-2006, 12:22 PM
How many times do you want it?

Rhythm King
4th-July-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm going to see Pink Martini on Saturday night :clap: , then going off on my travels. If I can make it, I may well go to Hipsters, as I haven't been for a while.

R-K :flower:

Miss Conduct
4th-July-2006, 12:34 PM
Twyford's looking good for Saturday............... unless I get a better offer. :whistle:

Cruella
4th-July-2006, 12:38 PM
How many times do you want it?
Well you owe me 16 still. :whistle:

CJ
4th-July-2006, 12:45 PM
Because I'm bracing myself for getting my clap removed and then going back to Work :sick:!!!

REALLY?!?:eek:

Little Em
4th-July-2006, 01:16 PM
im back in the midlands for the w-end....

hoping to go along to twyford on sat if Di goes along.... (as im flying down ill have no car!!)

so everyone vote for twyford...!!:clap:

how selfish am i?:devil:

onkar
4th-July-2006, 01:19 PM
Well this weekend I am planning to go to Biggleswade (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=sg18+8jh&ie=UTF8&ll=52.085624,-0.251527&spn=0.003178,0.011255&om=1)freestyle on Friday, and the Stevenage (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=+SG1+3RB&ie=UTF8&ll=51.914659,-0.202593&spn=0.00319,0.011255&om=1)freestyle on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet.

Onkar

robd
4th-July-2006, 01:29 PM
Where is this Twyford that you speak of? Bucks or Berks? Is it easy to find?

Cruella
4th-July-2006, 01:36 PM
It's Reading. I get lost everytime i go. :whistle: So you definately wouldn't find it.:rolleyes:

robd
4th-July-2006, 01:44 PM
Definitely not if you were driving.

Cruella
4th-July-2006, 01:49 PM
Definitely not if you were driving.
Ok, dictionary for Di! Sat nav for Robd!

Sparkles
4th-July-2006, 01:59 PM
Mary gives very good directions to Twyford :flower:

... it would be lovely to see you there (I only haven't voted because I'm being indecisive about Friday and Sunday at the moment, but will definitely be at Twyford Saturday).

robd
4th-July-2006, 02:05 PM
will definitely be at Twyford Saturday).

Now that's what I call an incentive :clap:

And Little Em there too, maybe :clap:

I think I'll see what time I get finished at work on Saturday and see if I can make it.

stewart38
4th-July-2006, 02:10 PM
Why cant you amend your vote in these things ?

Im going to party in the potteries :grin:

Lory
4th-July-2006, 02:23 PM
I've been roped into helping my sister decorate.:sick:

Have fun you lot! :devil:

under par
4th-July-2006, 02:24 PM
Mrs Par and I think Twyford looks good for Saturday :yeah: I only wished went on later :flower: its a long drive for midnight finish!!:sad:

Not sure about Sunday yet :confused:

Freya
4th-July-2006, 03:01 PM
Amended By CJ!!!!!!!
Because I'm bracing myself for getting my clap removed and then going back to Work !!!]REALLY?!?:eek:
:na::na: :rofl: I'm Getting My brace finally removed after 4 years! :clap::clap:

Sheepman
4th-July-2006, 06:57 PM
My only definite date this weekend is for Saturday night in Reading, a freestyle for Pzazz. A pity this clashes with Twyford, just 5 miles up the road.
Hopefully Funky Lush on Sunday - if I'm given permission to go...

Anybody opting to watch a certain football match Sunday pm?

Greg

Lynn
4th-July-2006, 09:04 PM
NI Ceroc party on Sat night! :clap:

Gus
4th-July-2006, 09:53 PM
What .... no one else going to see Pink Martini?. Oh shame. :wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-July-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm going to see Pink Martini on Saturday night :clap: ,
From page 1 :whistle:

Serendipity
4th-July-2006, 11:24 PM
Well this weekend I am planning to go to Biggleswade (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=sg18+8jh&ie=UTF8&ll=52.085624,-0.251527&spn=0.003178,0.011255&om=1)freestyle on Friday, and the Stevenage (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=+SG1+3RB&ie=UTF8&ll=51.914659,-0.202593&spn=0.00319,0.011255&om=1)freestyle on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet.

Onkar

Ooops Stevenage freestyle on Saturday when I'm supposed to be visiting friends in Kent???? How can I hit the M25 before Sunday morning now I know that's going on? See you at Biggleswade!:clap:

Paul F
5th-July-2006, 12:10 PM
I would really love to get some West Coast Swing in on Friday or Saturday. Bit dissapointed there is nothing available :rolleyes:

Anyone got a 50 foot square wooden floored room lying around free this weekend? :)

Alice
5th-July-2006, 01:13 PM
I would really love to get some West Coast Swing in on Friday or Saturday. Bit dissapointed there is nothing available :rolleyes:

Anyone got a 50 foot square wooden floored room lying around free this weekend? :)
If you find one can you let me know??? :flower: :flower:

Paul F
5th-July-2006, 01:15 PM
If you find one can you let me know??? :flower: :flower:

I certainly would. Unfortunately I doubt I am going to have much joy :sad:

s9691
5th-July-2006, 01:41 PM
Where is this Twyford that you speak of? Bucks or Berks? Is it easy to find?

David and I are heading down there Rob if you want some info...:grin:
Sara

Sheepman
5th-July-2006, 01:52 PM

Anyone got a 50 foot square wooden floored room lying around free this weekend? :) Paul, you've obviously not been paying attention. :spank smiley!:

OK, I didn't specifically mention WCS, as there will no doubt be a collection of different styles there, but there will definitely be plenty of WCSable music at Pzazz, especially as it's the dance of choice for the people that are hosting it.

Greg

Paul F
5th-July-2006, 02:19 PM
..... especially as it's the dance of choice for the people that are hosting it.

Greg

Ah! Can you explain exactly what it is and where it is. I heard you mention it on Monday but I had assumed it was another MJ venue you were DJing at.

Ok, I dont listen :blush:

Sheepman
5th-July-2006, 02:51 PM
Ah! Can you explain exactly what it is and where it is. It's at Winnersh Community Centre, New Road, Sindlesham, RG41 5DU, 8pm to 11:45 on Saturday the 8th, £8 on the door £6 in advance, to reserve a place email joy@tickell.freeserve.co.uk or call Joy on 0118 947 0382.
The description goes on to say "great dance floor - plenty of parking - good bar prices"

The precise mix of music will depend on who is there and what they want, I'm told that at previous events the swing & MJ stopped for a few minutes for a couple of ballroom tracks.

HTH.

Greg

Magic Hans
5th-July-2006, 03:03 PM
Nope ... not dancing ... too hot ... going to a little fest ...

Vision 2006 in devon equipped with tent!

http://www.quest.newtonabbot.org/index.htm

cms
6th-July-2006, 12:09 AM
going to that little known event - t in the park!

the bacardi b bar offers some dancing music tho so u never know who i might meet - and if the notion to dance takes me.......

have fun!

claire x

Tessalicious
6th-July-2006, 11:19 AM
Anybody still undecided about their Sunday afternoon might be interested to know that I've got a whole load of new music all set and ready for a serious chillout session at Muswell Hill, complete with air conditioning in case it's still sweltering. What more could you ask for?

LMC
6th-July-2006, 11:29 AM
What more could you ask for?
My back not to be aching :mad: :tears:

Def. Twyford on Sat if I'm up to it, for the rest of the weekend I'll decide 2 hours before every event (time enough to a) shower b) get there...)

Tessalicious
6th-July-2006, 11:30 AM
My back not to be aching :mad: :tears:Yes of course, I forgot to mention the free massage service :whistle:

foxylady
6th-July-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes of course, I forgot to mention the free massage service :whistle:

You've landed yourself in it now Tess - they'll be queueing round the block... :wink:

azande
6th-July-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes of course, I forgot to mention the free massage service :whistle:
:( and I'm missing it...

Miss Conduct
6th-July-2006, 07:29 PM
Opted for Twyford on Saturday but have since had a better offer so won't be dancing anywhere.......

not until Sunday anyway. Berko for me & Kim. :clap:

littlewiggle
7th-July-2006, 06:55 AM
Been let down for Saturday now :sad: Every freestyle around is miles away! If you like dancing it seems you need to love to drive miles too!

under par
7th-July-2006, 07:05 AM
Been let down for Saturday now :sad: Every freestyle around is miles away! If you like dancing it seems you need to love to drive miles too!

Yes got the Tshirt and own the video there Littlewiggle.:D :D Join the jive nuts:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

fletch
7th-July-2006, 07:40 AM

Its has to be done i'm afraid :sick: or you get to go to very uninspiring venues just ask WittyBird, she was in the Midlands last weekend.:really:

So are you going to Party in the Potteries:confused:

Georgious dancer
7th-July-2006, 11:13 AM
It's Reading. I get lost everytime i go. :whistle: So you definately wouldn't find it.:rolleyes:

Hmm, directions aren't Cruella's strong point - she struggled to give me directions to her own house last weekend, but they probably would have been a bit better if Taz had managed to her left and rights round the right way!:rofl:

So was that the second turning on the left or the third on the right? and how about at the roundabout - straight over??

Cruella
7th-July-2006, 01:11 PM
and how about at the roundabout - straight over??
:rofl: :rofl: second exit!!

Beowulf
7th-July-2006, 02:11 PM
As I don't drive.. I'll be ..erm.. going nowhere this weekend.

have a good one whoever and wherever you are !!

Zebra Woman
7th-July-2006, 04:15 PM

Car sharing on the long drive to London is one solution. If you fancy Hipsters tonight and can be at M1 Junc 14 at 7.30, Cruella and I will be going down. You do have to love to drive though, cos we all like to be passengers sometimes.....

The drive can be a huge laugh, we really know how to steam up the windows and I even stalled the car once after a completely unrepeatable story came out.

As I said, it was completely UNREPEATABLE. :innocent:

PM me if you want to Join in LW, you are most welcome.

ZW:flower:

STOP PRESS: Marc Forster is teaching AND DJing at Chesham tonight....Which means the freestyle will start at 9.30PM on the nail. And if it doesn't start on time - I think the DJ will be having strong words with the teacher :angry:
:rofl:

Miss Conduct
7th-July-2006, 04:24 PM
The drive can be a huge laugh, we really know how to steam up the windows and I even stalled the car once after a completely unrepeatable story came out.

As I said, it was completely UNREPEATABLE. :innocent:

:

:blush: I hope I don't detect blackmail ............ I'm skint! :tears:

Zebra Woman
7th-July-2006, 04:27 PM
:blush: I hope I don't detect blackmail ............ I'm skint! :tears:

No no no...:really:

What's said in the car, stays in the car.

littlewiggle
7th-July-2006, 05:23 PM
Car sharing on the long drive to London is one solution. If you fancy Hipsters tonight and can be at M1 Junc 14 at 7.30, Cruella and I will be going down.

Well thanks very much for the offer but I'm going to Rainworth tonight - no comparison there tho' I'm sure! Another time tho would be great! Hope you enjoy yourselves! :hug: x

Andreas
7th-July-2006, 05:57 PM

No no no...:really:

What's said in the car, stays in the car.

Meaning it is going to be repeated on every ride in the car to everybody who happens to be in the vehicle. :na: :devil:

Cruella
7th-July-2006, 06:09 PM
ZW and i are having drinks first in the Bella Italia next to the venue, 8.30ish. All welcome, (the freestyle doesn't start til 9.45ish):flower:

Lynn
7th-July-2006, 09:19 PM
Every freestyle around is miles away! If you like dancing it seems you need to love to drive miles too!Or flying. :( :rolleyes: Though every time its been well worth it.

But I'm actually going dancing this weekend! :clap: I'm really looking forward to it. Still haven't quite got over the novelty of going to a freestyle within driving distance of my home that I'm not actually running myself (this is only the second time I've ever done that).

Miss Conduct
7th-July-2006, 09:53 PM
Meaning it is going to be repeated on every ride in the car to everybody who happens to be in the vehicle. :na: :devil:

Come with us sometime.......... you might find out. :wink: :devil:

Petal
7th-July-2006, 10:34 PM
going to that little known event - t in the park!

the bacardi b bar offers some dancing music tho so u never know who i might meet - and if the notion to dance takes me.......

have fun!

claire x

me too!:clap: :cheers:

Paul F
8th-July-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, I went to Hipsters last night and I have to say I wasnt all that inspired.

The fact that I was tired after trying to cram as much into my week back as possible probably affected my mood but I found last night to be totally uninspiring.

The music John Brett played was, IMO, awful. Up unitl 12:20 there were so many stock MJ songs in there. I guess that is to be expected as Hipsters is pretty much just a normal MJ night these days but I was very very disspointed with the music. There were 3 tracks that I havnt heard everywhere else a million times. Other than that they were all pretty much standard.

He even played "Vem Vet" which is pretty much as standard as they come!! Of course, people may have requested it. I will never know :rolleyes:

Given the last 2 times I have been and not enjoyed the night along with, like fletch, a feeling of apprehension about parking my car in that car park I dont think I will go again for some time.

Paul F
8th-July-2006, 03:00 PM
Anyone know what time Twyford starts tonight. Had a look on the website. There are dates but no more information.

Msfab
8th-July-2006, 03:04 PM
Anyone know what time Twyford starts tonight. Had a look on the website. There are dates but no more information.

8pm start till midnight

WittyBird
8th-July-2006, 03:06 PM
8pm start till midnight

Ooooh lovely :D

No classes?

Is it at The Sugar Shack, Loddon Hall Loddon Hall Road Twyford Reading RG10 9JA ...?

Only been once before :rolleyes:

Msfab
8th-July-2006, 03:12 PM
No classes?

Is it at The Sugar Shack, Loddon Hall Loddon Hall Road Twyford Reading RG10 9JA ...?

As far as I know there is no class on the saturday - straight into freestyle:clap:

Yeap - loddon hall (Just off the A4).

fletch
8th-July-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, I went to Hipsters last night and I have to say I wasnt all that inspired.

The fact that I was tired after trying to cram as much into my week back as possible probably affected my mood but I found last night to be totally uninspiring.

The music John Brett played was, IMO, awful. Up unitl 12:20 there were so many stock MJ songs in there. I guess that is to be expected as Hipsters is pretty much just a normal MJ night these days but I was very very disspointed with the music. There were 3 tracks that I havnt heard everywhere else a million times. Other than that they were all pretty much standard.

He even played "Vem Vet" which is pretty much as standard as they come!! Of course, people may have requested it. I will never know :rolleyes:

Given the last 2 times I have been and not enjoyed the night along with, like fletch, a feeling of apprehension about parking my car in that car park I dont think I will go again for some time.

I could tell you weren't into it, you seemed to be hiding out side most of the night, or was that just when you seen me coming.:wink:

I love Jon bretts music he played at least 3 mowtown tracks for me, but I do know I am in the minority,:blush: I am happy with just one to get it out of my system.:flower:

I had one of my best nights ever there.

Fab dances with

Chef ... to Elvis, think we need to nick name you' the pelvis', grate musically as always:worthy:
'the corpse' I think we are really gelling now:really:
Orgasmic Mark......need I say more:drool:
Silver Fox who let me rub my sent on him, sorry I was a bit sweaty.:sick:
Stewart what style :hug:

Can't believe I missed

MikeR
Fred
'little devil'
Roger chin, (I did get a cuddle at the end):whistle:
and the very slippery PaulF

WittyBird
8th-July-2006, 05:41 PM
'the corpse' I think we are really gelling now:really:

I always thought he was more your type :D

Orgasmic Mark......need I say more:drool:

:rolleyes: :yawn:

fletch
8th-July-2006, 05:56 PM
I always thought he was more your type :D

:rolleyes: :yawn:
Just cos he doesn't dance with you :na:

WittyBird
8th-July-2006, 05:57 PM
Just cos he doesn't dance with you :na:

There is a God after all :D

fletch
8th-July-2006, 06:00 PM
Well I see there are now only two forumties going tonight, as littlewiggle has backed out, so do we think im going to have as good a night as I did last night.:eek:

STOP PRESS..............hold it just remembered S38 will be there oooooo goodie :wink:

Paul F
8th-July-2006, 06:49 PM
I had one of my best nights ever there.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. As always its horses for courses (i think thats the phrase) :)

As I was sat there waiting to go last night I had a little rised smile. A couple of ladies came walking past me on their way out just after JB had started playing "A little late night swing". One said to the other "Oh, NOW he starts playing good music".
:what:

Just shows how different people view different tracks :)

WittyBird
8th-July-2006, 07:10 PM
Just incase anyone is going round the M25 to get to Twyford, there has been an accident at the M3 turnoff it's blocking 3 lanes and is having a knock on effect for the M4 as well :mad:

Mary
9th-July-2006, 09:54 AM
Twyford last night was to die for :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :clap:

And if I'd known there was no class last night I would have got there earlier :tears:

M

Minnie M
9th-July-2006, 10:01 AM
Twyford last night was to die for :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :clap:

And if I'd known there was no class last night I would have got there earlier :tears:

M

:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap:
Really needs it's own thread - What a night
By far the best night since Southport and with the exception of finishing at midnight:sad: certainly compares with the best of the best

Thank you Bex for putting on a brilliant night (and one handed - not a Bill in sight)

Thank you all for your amazing dances (too many to mention) I had an absolute ball :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

It had all the ingrediants - including lots of the social bits (chatting if the foyer) seeing Ray & Jane (Daisy) fantastic (saying goodbye to R & J :tears: not so good) - and a special thanks to UP for driving :hug:

(BTW it was about equal numbers male/female I am sure that helped + we had 3 of our best girlie leads their - Sparkles, Angel & Taz)

Lynn
9th-July-2006, 12:01 PM
The Ceroc NI party was fab! Great to see so many people enjoying themselves, especially some of the beginners. Danced most of the night (asked lots of men to dance :grin: ) and had a really good evening. I have some photos which I'll maybe put up on the Ceroc NI busk thread.

Paul F
9th-July-2006, 12:47 PM
I really enjoyed Twford too. I love that floor :drool: Nice and fast.

The bar was nice with the cans of coke and things and it wasn't too hot. Still very warm but given the state of the weather everything that could be done was done from what I could see.
The music was ok. A number of good tracks.

For me it was the company. So many great people there.

Tazmanian Devil
9th-July-2006, 12:52 PM
(BTW it was about equal numbers male/female I am sure that helped + we had 3 of our best girlie leads their - Sparkles, Angel & Taz)

Aw thanks babes :hug: :hug:

What a great night!!! I couldn't believe how many people I knew when I walked in!!

Have only been to Twyford once before which was their christmas do a couple of years back, I don't remember the atmosphere being as great as it was last night though. The floor was absolutely great very spinny :clap: Well done to Annette for the music it must have been challenging catering for both the regulars and the visitors :worthy:

It was lovely to meet spindr (loads of fantastic dances thankyou) :clap: Likewise it was nice to meet Almost an Angel (again fabulous dances both leading and following) :worthy:

Thank you to all for my dances especially LilyB :worthy: :worthy: Simon r (sorry I hijacked you) :devil: littlemccentral (always good to make the ladys scream) :rofl:
Won't menytion you all as there are way to many of you but I didn't have a bad dance all night :clap: :cheers:

Photos to follow

Msfab
9th-July-2006, 01:16 PM
Thank you all for your amazing dances (too many to mention) I had an absolute ball :kiss:

:yeah: Just excellent after excellent dance last night!:clap: Just a pity I wondered off course a little getting there!:innocent:

Oh great to have Will back on the dance floor - seems the football of the last month has not affected his dancing too much:rolleyes: :hug:

Simon r (sorry I hijacked you) :devil:
I think he even managed to hijack himself last night:rofl: (Honest it had absolutely nothing to do with me!:innocent:)

Tazmanian Devil
9th-July-2006, 01:34 PM
I didn't take many but here goes :nice:

David B and Minnie M :worthy:
Me and Rob D :yum:
Me and The Witty one Moonbathing (Trying to get Pale) :wink:
Mr and Mrs Parr :respect:
Wayaay bird and Spice n easy :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-July-2006, 01:36 PM
And last but most definately not least

Will and Lily B :drool: :worthy:

WittyBird
9th-July-2006, 07:25 PM
I had a great time at Twyford last night :D Nice to see everyone again :flower:

Muswell Hill tea dance was also great :D

under par
10th-July-2006, 12:17 AM
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap:
- What a night

yes Mrs par and I had a great time:cheers:

Thank you Bex for putting on a brilliant night (and one handed - not a Bill in sight)
:yeah: what a star!

Can we please have a later finish... please pretty please!

So many great dancers and such a even split between men and women, it really made for a special night... eight shirts!!

Cruella
10th-July-2006, 08:26 AM
The good men all seemed to come out of hibernation this weekend! Both Hipsters and Twyford had an abundance of talent. Why can't it be that way every weekend! :D

Lory
10th-July-2006, 09:03 AM
What a night

Sounds like I missed a fabulous evening :sad: :tears:

There I was, covered in paint, after an exhausting day up and down a ladder, painting my sisters house. I was so tired, I almost fell asleep in the middle of eating! :sick:

Still, she'd do the same for me! :hug:

Bex
10th-July-2006, 10:49 AM
Really needs it's own thread - What a night
By far the best night since Southport and with the exception of finishing at midnight:sad: certainly compares with the best of the best

Aww thanks Minnie :blush: , but special thanks goes to Under Par & Mrs Par for helping me set up and pack away :flower: Also, to Murphy who's a little star as always.

I had a great night too, although it was a shame that Billco wasn't there :sad: Some absolutely amazing dancers there as always, a real pleasure to watch and dance with :worthy:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-July-2006, 11:00 AM
I had a great night too, although it was a shame that Billco wasn't there :sad:
:yeah: I travel all that way for a dance with the lovely Bill and he's not even there :tears: :tears: Had a great night anyway so will let him off this time :wink:

Please reserve me a dance if you are there on the 12th Bill :flower: :kiss: :hug:

murphy
10th-July-2006, 02:34 PM
... special thanks goes to Under Par & Mrs Par for helping me set up and pack away :flower:
:yeah: :respect:

Also, to Murphy who's a little star as always.
:blush: awww thanks!! :flower:

Some absolutely amazing dancers there as always, a real pleasure to watch and dance with :worthy:
:yeah: :respect: :yeah:

Good to see everyone down there on Saturday. I hope you all had a good time!
:flower: :flower: :flower:

fletch
10th-July-2006, 03:06 PM
some photo's for the weekend

S38 and Linsey
Me and S38
Raf and Tash

Freya
10th-July-2006, 03:18 PM
Great Pics Fletch! :clap:

Feelingpink
10th-July-2006, 09:30 PM
For those of you who missed out on Pink Martini ... you can see a few images here (http://homepage.mac.com/enjoylife/PMinprison/) ... from where they performed in the moat at the Tower of London ... or as they kept referring to it ... in prison.

Almost an Angel
11th-July-2006, 11:32 AM
For those of you who missed out on Pink Martini ... you can see a few images here (http://homepage.mac.com/enjoylife/PMinprison/) ... from where they performed in the moat at the Tower of London ... or as they kept referring to it ... in prison.

:waycool: :waycool: Cool pics FP

Heard it was a fab concert- shame I missed it
However I did have fun at Twyford though with all the yummy dancers there.

Sparkles
11th-July-2006, 12:09 PM
By far the best night since Southport and with the exception of finishing at midnight:sad:

I have to say I agree - have had a huge :D on my face ever since (and that is even in spite of not enjoying the music particularly, so it must have been good)

Thank you all for your amazing dances (too many to mention) I had an absolute ball :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
It had all the ingrediants

:yeah:
Only a few of the usual suspects were missing (thankfully).

Thank you for the compliment, Minnie, but I can't take my share of the glory this time - I think this has been the only freestyle event ever that I have been to and not danced as a lead once all night! I felt a bit :blush: by that for a while, but because the numbers were so even it looked to me like everyone was getting lots of dances, so I indend to just enjoy the memory of such a fab night!

Can't wait for the next one!!

jacksondonut
12th-July-2006, 06:44 PM
Had a fantastic night in Glasgow... dropped in there on Saturday evening during my Scottish Adventure Holiday Week, to see all our lovely Northern Friends.. :flower: :flower:

Great people, fab music and loads and loads of fun and laughs.. :worthy: :kiss:

It was lovely to catch up with all those nice people I met at the BFG earlier this year and to make some new friends too...:flower: many thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome.. :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :love:

Only wish Scotland was a little bit closer.... :drool:

Paul F
12th-July-2006, 08:08 PM
I guess that is to be expected as Hipsters is pretty much just a normal MJ night these days but I was very very disspointed with the music.

I dont like quoting myself that often but I would like to retract the above statement as I dont think it's very fair.

Rather than Hipsters becoming a standard MJ night, I think it is more of a case of me developing an ever more demanding nature :blush:
Its unfair to label Hipsters as I did above.

Sheepman
13th-July-2006, 01:26 PM
Only a few of the usual suspects were missing (thankfully). I see, so you were thankful I wasn't there :tears: :whistle:

Greg

Sparkles
13th-July-2006, 02:19 PM
I see, so you were thankful I wasn't there :tears: :whistle:
I *knew* you'd take that the wrong way :rolleyes:
... surely you know me better than that! :hug: