PDA

View Full Version : Daventry - Pics & What Happened

tantric.goddess
2nd-July-2006, 12:31 PM
Just thought I would make my first post.

Hello forumites! :grin:

Had a fabulous evenning. Tad warm though!

Fletch loved your frocks.

Would people care to share the hilights and low lights of the day.

Pics would be nice.

Will post pics Onkar took as soon as I figure out where to stick this USB thingy!

TG :devil:

Jivingdan
2nd-July-2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Tantric goddess. Congratulations on your first post. I only went to the freestyl but had a great night . The blues room was fabulous. I wonder if we managed to get a dance.

Little Angell
2nd-July-2006, 02:08 PM
I had a fantastic night :clap: :clap: :clap: Music was great. I stayed in the Blues room all night because the brilliant Marc was playing and so I couldn't leave! Only poped into the main room once or twice.

Wonderful dancers, just so many that I know I didn't get to dance with everyone I would have liked to.

I don't think there were any downsides apart from that.

Would like to know how the Sunday T dance went.

fletch
2nd-July-2006, 02:48 PM
Just thought I would make my first post.

Hello forumites! :grin:

Had a fabulous evenning. Tad warm though!

Fletch loved your frocks.

Would people care to share the hilights and low lights of the day.

Pics would be nice.

Will post pics Onkar took as soon as I figure out where to stick this USB thingy!

TG :devil:

Hi, Tantric Goddess, well done on your first post :clap:

I will give my veiw tomorrow and post photo's of the weekend, me and the Witty 1 are getting ready for the 't' dance at lickey end :flower:

Dance Demon
2nd-July-2006, 04:03 PM
me and the Witty 1 are getting ready for the 't' dance at lickey end :flower:....Is that a venue or an activity Fletch....:whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-July-2006, 04:34 PM
Had a fantastic night :clap: :clap: Spent most of it in the blues room although did have the occassional dance in the main room. Twas a tad on the HOT side but not too hot to ruin my night. Marc :worthy: Played a fantasic set as per usual that man really knows how to please the crowd :worthy:

It was lovely to meet and dance with more forumites :D especially the Scotland lot :clap:
Didn't get to meet Tantric Goddess, Jivingdan, Yogi bear, Tattie :sad: I am sure there were more there I didn't get to meet also :sad: There is always next time though :flower:

Big thanks to Cruella for putting me and QGD up for the night, and to her son for being the perfect host this morning making sure we were all happy and comfortable (totally adorable child) :hug: :kiss:

Cruella
2nd-July-2006, 06:16 PM
(totally adorable child) :hug: :kiss:
Everyone says he's like his mum. :D
I was too tired to enjoy the evening properly, i still had a nice time, but my dancing was rubbish. Sorry to all the guys i trod on, backled etc. :sick: As usual Marcs music was excellent and so many great people and lots of laughter. It was great to see so many visitors from outside the Ceroc Central area. Daventry seems to manage to draw people in from all over the country. :clap: The only complaint was the shortage of bars! I got all my drinks from the vending machine in the end cos the queues were ridiculous, the bar shutting at 1am, 2 hours before the dancing finished wasn't good either, especially with it being so hot. There were some jugs of water put out but they emptied rapidly!

Paul F
2nd-July-2006, 07:01 PM
I really enjoyed the night. Thanks to everyone for the dances :hug:

For me it wasnt as good as the first time I went but that was purely down to the fact that I was exhausted after travelling.

It was hot but I guess thats to be expected.

For me the best part was getting the chance to chat to people. Always enjoyable.

Looking forward to next time.

:flower:

littlewiggle
2nd-July-2006, 08:24 PM
So did anyone here enter the Dirty Dancing competition? Who really went for it then?! Were the cabarets any good?

Yogi_Bear
2nd-July-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi, Tantric Goddess, well done on your first post :clap:

I will give my veiw tomorrow and post photo's of the weekend, me and the Witty 1 are getting ready for the 't' dance at lickey end :flower:

When is the tea dance at Lickey End? I know it well - one of the most scenic public golf courses in the country (Lickey Hills aka Rose Hill) is there....!

robd
3rd-July-2006, 08:12 AM
So did anyone here enter the Dirty Dancing competition? Who really went for it then?! Were the cabarets any good?

I 'entered' it - the quote marks are just because it wasn't really a proper competition, just a bit of fun. There were no entry criteria - just get on the floor at the end of the lesson. I hadn't done the lesson (or even had time to put on my dance shoes) but I asked Pat (who you might know from Pboro) if she fancied having a go. Much to our surprise, we didn't get tapped out but we were sh*t in the final. Not that this mattered much as the number of people standing behind you (this is the way it was scored) was determined pretty much by how many friends you had there :nice: hence we had a reasonable showing. No idea who won. What was interesting was that it was over very quickly (not even sure that full tracks were played) and that Emma P kept mentioning how quickly the cabarets would be over both of which suggest to me that they are taking onboard feedback from previous events about too many interruptions (in some people's opinion) to the freestyle.

Robert

Paul F
3rd-July-2006, 09:21 AM

I didnt know there were any cabarets !!

If there were, nobody announced it in the blues room :sad:

robd
3rd-July-2006, 10:09 AM
I didnt know there were any cabarets !!

If there were, nobody announced it in the blues room :sad:

David & Val did one - lots of dips and drops - and Alex and Emma did a repeat of their Blackpool winning showcase from a few years back.

Rebecca
3rd-July-2006, 11:41 AM
Will post pics soon. Great time was had no doubt :clap:

Lost Leader
4th-July-2006, 08:17 PM
Well as no-one else has had much to say about it I will chime in with a short report about Sunday. I did not go to the Saturday classes or free-style.

The Cuban Blues class with Mark and Rachel was exellent. Being a relative beginner at MJ and as it was my first experience of blues dancing I found some things quite tricky, but I cannot fault Mark and Rachel for the manner in which they taught the class - it was relaxed, friendly, varied and full of good advice and tips. If only I could remember it all.

The tea dance which followed was pretty thinly attended (it was a very hot afternoon). I suspect that quite a few people who went on Saturday night and had intentions to come to the tea dance as well just didn't make it due to heat exhaustion. Luckily Emma and her eager helpers had managed to get about 6 powerfull cold air blowers into the room so the temperature was kept reasonable.The standard of dancer that did attend was generally very high (other than myself) and there was plenty of room on the dance floor for them to perform which made for some very entertaining moments.

Having finished the two an a half hour class, Mark then did half the DJ'ing for the rest of the afternoon - and both he and Rachel managed to dance with just about everyone who was there in spite of the heat so complete :respect: and thanks to both of them from me. I even managed a dance with Rachel myself which was great :nice: .

El Salsero Gringo
4th-July-2006, 08:22 PM
I love this thread - really lives up to it's title (not.) No pictures, and nothing happened!

mrs_warwick
4th-July-2006, 08:58 PM
I only decided to go to Daventry at 4pm on Saturday. I went with a friend who has been dancing on and off for about a year (more off than on), and has only been to one freestyle before (the last one at Leicester). I haven't been to Daventry for 4 years.

I think we arrived at the same time as some other forumites (vaguely familiar faces from photographs, but I couldn't put names to them). I think we even shared a table with some. I was wearing a pink vest-top with cream trousers, my friend was wearing a hat like Emma's but in purple. The late arrival Trouser joined a group at our table.

My friend and I did both classes and had some great dances in freestyle. We were both in the dirty dancing competition as if you were doing the second class, you were in the comp until you got tapped on the shoulder and asked to leave the floor. I got through to the semi-final which was amazing!

We had a look in the blues room with another dancer from Leicester but we didn't stay long. We left about midnight. I think I saw Fletch outside talking to someone (the hair is unmistakable) and possibly Ceroc Jock was arriving as we left the building (bloke, long hair, kilt, could have been someone else I suppose).

I would have liked to stay longer, but it's an hour's drive from here to Daventry, I had been up since 6.30am and was anticipating getting up at the same time on Sunday. (As it turned out, I was woken up at 5.30am. Aren't three-year-olds great!). However we both had fun, and I saw a couple of people that I haven't seen for a long time and had some fantastic dances with them.

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 09:04 PM
Here's my contribution...

Some from Football / Meal
Some from Daventry

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 09:06 PM
A few more :grin:

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 09:10 PM
Last ones...........

Msfab
4th-July-2006, 09:26 PM
Dont you look like a lady in your green dress :na:

Does Russell know he's got a worm hanging from his mouth?:rolleyes:

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 09:27 PM
Does Russell know he's got a worm hanging from his mouth?:rolleyes:

That's a worm hanging from that noodle I think you'll find :rofl:

Minnie M
4th-July-2006, 10:03 PM
I recognised Jennifer, who were the others from Scotland ?

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 10:07 PM
I recognised Jennifer, who were the others from Scotland ?

The 2 lovely men in the last pics are Crossa and Pretzel Meister :drool: Both Delicious to dance with :D

mrs_warwick
4th-July-2006, 11:04 PM
A few more :grin:

who is hiding her face in the second photo? I think I saw her sitting on the sofa in the blues room, and thought I might know her from somewhere else. If she is who I think she is then the words Diane Newall and VLA may mean something. If they don't mean anything, then I have the wrong person.

Alice
4th-July-2006, 11:17 PM
who is hiding her face in the second photo? I think I saw her sitting on the sofa in the blues room, and thought I might know her from somewhere else. If she is who I think she is then the words Diane Newall and VLA may mean something. If they don't mean anything, then I have the wrong person.
I believe that would be MsFab:)

WittyBird
4th-July-2006, 11:21 PM
then the words Diane Newall and VLA may mean something.

Sidney, Can you hear me? Anyone fancy a toffee crisp :rofl:

Msfab
5th-July-2006, 08:11 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: Guilty on all charges! And you are?

Cruella
5th-July-2006, 08:56 AM
Dont you look like a lady in your green dress :na:

Looks can be deceiving. :D

fletch
5th-July-2006, 09:19 AM
Fab photo's Bec, I will try and post mine later, it was just a shame you shoes weren't more comfy for you tummy :sad: the dress was loverly:clap:

mrs_warwick
5th-July-2006, 10:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Guilty on all charges! And you are?

I used to work in the Brucella and Mycoplasma section, saw you around site. I left in 2001 to do a PhD in Leicester with Julian Ketley, so I am also researching diarrhoea! (except that I am in writing-up hell, which is what I should be doing now. Procratination? What's that then?)

Jo

Msfab
6th-July-2006, 08:15 AM
I used to work in the Brucella and Mycoplasma section, saw you around site. I left in 2001 to do a PhD in Leicester with Julian Ketley, so I am also researching diarrhoea! (except that I am in writing-up hell, which is what I should be doing now. Procratination? What's that then?)

Mycoplasma have moved in with us now!:clap:
I sooo feel for you, ive been in this hell for far too long!:mad: Thank goodness for dancing and the forum:clap: :whistle:

Julian will more than likely be one of my viva examiners:eek:, also had him for my MSc.

Crossa
7th-July-2006, 03:06 AM
It's been a busy week!! finally getting round to posting a few pics from a fab weekends dancing, met loads of forumites:cool: and had lots of lovely dances :clap: (judging from this thread there were still loads of Forumites I didn't meet...next time!)

Special thanks to: my travelling partners Pretzelmeister and Jennifer; Cruella for her hospitality and her son Jake for helping me charge my i-pod on Sunday morning ready for the long drive back to Scotland.

Here's a link to some photos:

http://www.kodakgallery.eu.com/I.jsp?c=7bjqj97p.2ffv8aql&x=1&y=804x8d

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 03:13 AM

Yay I was in 1 of them :clap: What a fab pic thanks Neil :flower:

onkar
7th-July-2006, 10:30 AM
Some more pics..

First two are taken at the start of the Saturday evening freestyle.

???, Rhythm King, Foxy Lady, Fletch, Tantric G
Foxy Lady, Tantric G, Onkar, Fletch

Second two are Fletch presenting birthday cake to Dan(?) from Greenwich I think, but I am sure someone will correct me if I have got it wrong.

Last one is ZW being the filling in a sandwich between Spice'n'Easy and SF.

Onkar

fletch
7th-July-2006, 10:43 AM
Fantastic photo's Onkar:clap:

I can't get mine to load and think I might have lost them:tears:

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 10:52 AM
Second two are Fletch presenting birthday cake to Dan(?) from Greenwich I think, but I am sure someone will correct me if I have got it wrong.

Think you'll find it's Russell :rolleyes:
Bet Dan's well chuffed you thought it was him :rofl:

Beowulf
7th-July-2006, 10:54 AM
Here's my contribution...

Some from Football / Meal
Some from Daventry

all of a sudden I've an urge to support england :whistle: :yum: :drool: and I don't even like football.

onkar
7th-July-2006, 11:20 AM
Think you'll find it's Russell :rolleyes:
Bet Dan's well chuffed you thought it was him :rofl:

Well come on Witty I have a hard enough time remembering all the ladies names, can hardly be expected to manage blokes as well.

Besides which there are always plenty of you ladies to correct us blokes when we make a slip of the tongue (or keyboard strokes in this case)! :D

Onkar

Rhythm King
7th-July-2006, 12:01 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Some more pics..

First two are taken at the start of the Saturday evening freestyle.

???, Rhythm King, Foxy Lady, Fletch, Tantric G
Foxy Lady, Tantric G, Onkar, Fletch

Great pics and the ??? would be tattie, visiting from Scotland

PretzelMeister
7th-July-2006, 12:57 PM
It's been a busy week!! finally getting round to posting a few pics from a fab weekends dancing, met loads of forumites:cool: and had lots of lovely dances :clap: (judging from this thread there were still loads of Forumites I didn't meet...next time!)

Special thanks to: my travelling partners Pretzelmeister and Jennifer; Cruella for her hospitality and her son Jake for helping me charge my i-pod on Sunday morning ready for the long drive back to Scotland.

Yup - what a weekend - fantastic! Still haven't quite recovered yet -although dancing 'til 3am on Tues night as well probably didn't help much either!

Had loads of fabulous dances with many of the lovely midlands and more southern ladies - need to make the effort to get down and dance with them more often. :drool:

Thanks to Crossa & Jennifer for making the drive seem like just a very short hop, and for not getting too stressed and giving me any grief when the car kept cutting-out on the way home!

Thanks to Cruella for letting me doss on her floor :flower: and sorry to Crossa - punt the camera in my direction next time and I'll take some photos of YOU!

Cheers,

PM

Jennifer
7th-July-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks to Crossa & Jennifer for making the drive seem like just a very short hop, and for not getting too stressed and giving me any grief when the car kept cutting-out on the way home!

No worries - by 25 more stops to go I had the giggles anyway.

Have to agree that it was a great trip and really worth coming down for. Had the chance to dance with some of my favourite dancers :drool: and had some lovely dances with too many people to name. I even got in some WCS :clap: It was good to put a few more faces to names and have a chat with people.

Warning - soppy thank you bit coming....

Thanks to everyone who helped make it a great trip. First of all to PretzelMeister for doing all that driving and for Crossa for being a great travel companion. To Cruella for giving me her spare bed :flower:. Special thanks go to Fletch and Wittybird who went out of their way on Saturday to drive me around and keep me company even though they barely know me :hug: - your kindness was very much appreciated.

fletch
7th-July-2006, 03:30 PM
Special thanks go to Fletch and Wittybird who went out of their way on Saturday to drive me around and keep me company even though they barely know me :hug: - your kindness was very much appreciated.

No probs, you are very welcome,:flower: i just wonder if your ears hurt at the end of the day,:what: did you get a word in ? :rofl:

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 03:40 PM
Special thanks go to Fletch and Wittybird who went out of their way on Saturday to drive me around and keep me company even though they barely know me :hug: - your kindness was very much appreciated.

You're very welcome, it was great to have you with us :flower: Roll on Southport :clap:

did you get a word in ? :rofl:

Nobody did :rolleyes: Don't think you stopped talking for 24 hours :D You were even talking in your sleep :rofl:

Got quite a bit of info out of you though :whistle:

Dizzy
7th-July-2006, 03:48 PM

Gosh, I am quite embarrassed by the look on my face!! :blush:

PM, Our dance wasn't that bad.......really!! :flower: :worthy: :drool:

They are great photos otherwise Neil :clap:

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 03:50 PM
Missed these ones off by mistake :what:

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 03:54 PM
And these..................

Just waiting for Fletch & Rebecca's Pics now :rolleyes:

Donna
7th-July-2006, 04:00 PM
Love the new hair do wittybird!

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 04:02 PM
Love the new hair do wittybird!

Thank you that's very kind, I'm kinda getting used to it now :D

Donna
7th-July-2006, 04:09 PM
Thank you that's very kind, I'm kinda getting used to it now :D

When did you have that done? Red really suits you.

I normally dye mine mahogany (temporary) in Spring or Autumn but think I'll give it a miss this year.

robd
7th-July-2006, 04:23 PM
Check out those legs on Fletch in the shorts :wolf-:whistle: :