PDA

View Full Version : Inverness' First party night

McJester
2nd-July-2006, 01:38 AM
Just back in from the party and it was :clap: :clap: :clap:

well what can be said for Inverness's first party night, well it was hot and that was just the temperature ( you come all this way north and you would think they could at least have layed on some cold weather :D )

The workshops during the day were taken by Franck, Footwork and Spins, and as usual he brought new ideas to my head, not just the idea that there is such a thing as footwork but how and when to apply it. The feedback from everyone I talked to was very positive.

As for the evening, despite getting there well after 8.30 ( was watching Wimbledon, good result for the scottish lad ) it was still roasting and broad daylight (feels strange dancing in day light ). Tiggerbabes was on the decks / laptop..... :flower: nice set ... plus music was good too :wink: ... a blues latin feel to the night which suited the weather and atmosphere. The crowd were mainly from Inverness, with a few visitors from the rest of Scotland, Cheeks, Shiney Wee Star, Nix to name but a few. The dancing was good and the chocolate was very good ( :respect: Franck ). I think i danced with just about every woman there, except 2 as they were both injured and not by me. Plus a nice dance with Night Owl.

All in all a very enjoyable night, a good start to a new party night and well worth the trip. Look forward to the next one and suggest that more people come north for it, plus you have fabulous scenery, nice city and a very warm & welcoming crowd.

So big thank you's to Franck and Tiggerbabes, all the lovely ladies I danced with and Night Owl, to Flushedpheonix (once she gets herself registered properly) for putting me up and talking all those photos and finally to the Inverness crowd - you lot are a great bunch

:hug:

McJ

ps Franck - I think i could really get into this Champagne drinking, just need to find a pub that does it on draft :wink: thanks for letting me sample yours

Dave T
2nd-July-2006, 11:03 AM
Have to agree, the party was great. :D

Many great / fun dances, although I did not manage to get round as many of the women as McJ :worthy: Music set was bang on (as usual :respect: ), and the bonus was the mini blues class from Franck :clap:

It was well worth the drive North for (despite what the bar was charging for soda & lime :eek: )

Well done to all concerned for making Invernesses first party so enjoyable

Dave

Night Owl
2nd-July-2006, 09:00 PM
Just back in from the party and it was :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabes was on the decks / laptop..... :flower: nice set ... plus music was good too :wink: ... a blues latin feel to the night which suited the weather and atmosphere. The crowd were mainly from Inverness, with a few visitors from the rest of Scotland, Cheeks, Shiney Wee Star, Nix to name but a few. The dancing was good and the chocolate was very good ( :respect: Franck ). I think i danced with just about every woman there, except 2 as they were both injured and not by me. Plus a nice dance with Night Owl.

So big thank you's to Franck and Tiggerbabes, all the lovely ladies I danced with and Night Owl, to Flushedpheonix (once she gets herself registered properly) for putting me up and talking all those photos and finally to the Inverness crowd - you lot are a great bunch

Thank to Franck and Sheena for another brill weekend

Was a great day ,despite feeling a bit off colour myself in the evening,spent too much time sitting out and not enough dancing.
Was great to see a few dancers from the big wide ceroc world coming to dance in Inverness,sorry i didn`t get round all the ladies,hopefully next time.

Next time Pete I`ll let you lead,need to learn to follow some time,once i crack the leading of course

Tiggerbabe
2nd-July-2006, 09:38 PM
I had a fab night. Lovely to see so many visitors from Glasgow, Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen. Thought everyone might be exhausted after the workshop but after a couple of tracks (and the blues lesson :wink: ) they were all on the dancefloor for the rest of the night.

I've never enjoyed "All That Jazz" so much, and I wasn't dancing to it :respect:

Apologies to John, for playing his requested cha cha track, only to realise when it had finished, that he'd been at the bar for the last ten minutes :blush:

And next time I buy a new dress, I'll check out its "fan reaction" first :eek:

cheeks
3rd-July-2006, 11:07 AM
Inverness 1st Party :respect: :clap: :respect: Was a fantastic night with fab tunes and fab people!
Enjoying every minute of dance!
Inverness 1st Party definately a success!

I've never enjoyed "All That Jazz" so much, and I wasn't dancing to it :respect:

:blush:! :clap: Had a ball! Still smiling...Looking forward to seeing the action shots taked by Flushedphoenix to........ :D

Apologies to John, for playing his requested cha cha track, only to realise when it had finished, that he'd been at the bar for the last ten minutes :blush:

oops and he was there getting me a drink to :nice: I know and I had him dancing the whole night and did tend to hijack quite a bit......:love: and he kept smiling....x

And next time I buy a new dress, I'll check out its "fan reaction" first :eek:
Fan reaction :rofl: I'm sure wearing that dress to a few other venues would create quite a positve fan reaction babe you looked great !

:flower:

McJester
4th-July-2006, 07:35 PM
Here is a link to to the photos from the party night

http://carol.fotodock.co.uk/c1011696.html

:hug:

McJ

Tiggerbabe
4th-July-2006, 09:14 PM
Cool photos, Carol :)

drathzel
4th-July-2006, 11:58 PM
Glad to hear it went well! Hopefully i'll be able to venture up at some point! Keep us posted!:clap: :flower: