PDA

View Full Version : Guest teachers

timbp
29th-June-2006, 08:27 AM
So who's this Chris Baker person, and do I want to go to his class in Sydney tonight?

And what about this Steve Lampert character who's teaching a class next week?

Yliander
29th-June-2006, 11:06 AM
So who's this Chris Baker person, and do I want to go to his class in Sydney tonight? I don't know anything about Chris Baker - but I did dance with him at Southport. We chatted briefly about his trip to Aus - and if his teaching is anything like the quality of his dancing would be worth checking out one of his classes.

And what about this Steve Lampert character who's teaching a class next week? ummm well I'm not sure :wink: :na:

under par
29th-June-2006, 11:56 AM
Chris Baker I have not heard of sorry.

Steve Lampert is okay but he's just a beginner!:whistle:

Daisy Chain
29th-June-2006, 12:01 PM

I've heard he's only a beginner :whistle:

Daisy

(A Rumour Spreading Little Flower)

Wave Dancer
29th-June-2006, 07:46 PM

Tim - just ask Ness!! :whistle:

Have so far enjoyed the teachings of Simon Borland, Kate (Jango teacher at Willoughby a while back), caught up with Cat (WCS) and danced again with Roger Chin...... and that's all just in 2 classes so far!!

Hope you're havin fun in the Land of Oz!!

Alice
29th-June-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah stay away from that Trampy guy, he's not to be trusted. And he's only a beginner too. I don't know, the people they're allowing to teach these days:rolleyes:

pjay
30th-June-2006, 04:28 AM
Yeah, if I were you, I would have nothing to do with theTramp... If you see him run and hide...

And most importantly, never let him into your house.

TheTramp
30th-June-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah. I'd stay well away from that Steve Lampert guy too.... He's scary! :rolleyes:

Mary
30th-June-2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah. I'd stay well away from that Steve Lampert guy too.... He's scary! :rolleyes:

But still only a beginner in scary as well. :devil: :wink:

M

timbp
30th-June-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, despite the joking nature of my initial post, I was serouslly interestied in learning more about Chris and what I might expect from his classes.

I did go to the class last night, and found the teacher talked funny.

More seriously, I loved the moves he taught. They fit well with my normal repertoire and I believe they are all freestylable with anyone I enjoy dancing with.

timbp
30th-June-2006, 12:50 PM
So I guess you'd be normal if you could get away from him.