PDA

View Full Version : Yippee, another Slinkys!!

Cruella
26th-June-2006, 09:47 AM
Just found out that there's going to be another Slinkys. :clap: Whose going?

Our next Slinky's event will be on Sunday 23rd July.

at the

Greenwich Dance Agency,
The Borough Hall,
Royal Hill,
Greenwich,
London SE10 8RE

Admission £10 on the door.

Two rooms of music Main & chill out - 3 DJ's

7pm to 11pm

mikeyr
26th-June-2006, 11:49 AM
Wont be able to make it this time, I will still be in Sunny(hopefully) WSM 2006.

Cruella
26th-June-2006, 11:50 AM
Wont be able to make it this time, I will still be in Sunny(hopefully) WSM 2006.
Thats no excuse! The competitions the day before, plenty of time to travel back on the sunday and come to Slinkys too.:flower:

Georgious dancer
26th-June-2006, 12:12 PM
Thats no excuse! The competitions the day before, plenty of time to travel back on the sunday and come to Slinkys too.:flower:
:yeah:

I'm going, missed the last one coz I was on holiday so really looking forward to this one!:clap:

Rhythm King
26th-June-2006, 12:44 PM
I missed the last one too, hoping to get to this one though :clap:

Top Bird
26th-June-2006, 12:47 PM
I shall be there, just love the place:clap: :clap: :clap:

LMC
27th-June-2006, 06:14 PM
Are there likely to be tickets on the door so I can decide at 5 pm on the day, or will I have to reserve?

Paul F
28th-June-2006, 06:49 AM
If only it was 1 week later I could go :tears:

fletch
28th-June-2006, 08:50 AM
I will be at Beach Boooooogie :clap:

wicked blue
28th-June-2006, 07:11 PM
I'll be at beach boogie too! Yeeaaahhh!! :clap:

Dan Hudson
28th-June-2006, 09:09 PM
Are there likely to be tickets on the door so I can decide at 5 pm on the day, or will I have to reserve?

you can get it on the door:clap: ... best call us before you travel to make sure of availability!:what:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-June-2006, 12:05 AM
I shall be there, just love the place:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait :clap: :clap:

Missy D
3rd-July-2006, 10:04 AM

I will be at WSM with Mikeyr. Its a 3 day event so will also miss Slinkys. Will be at the next one though.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Dan Hudson
3rd-July-2006, 10:10 PM
Your DJ's for the evening will be

The mighty Erick :clap: and Dan 'the man':worthy: in the main room

THe ver wonderful and talented Sheepman:worthy: and Dan 'the man' :clap: in the chill out zone

Tickets on the door £10.............................................. ..

Dan Hudson
20th-July-2006, 06:36 PM
I have just ordered some very big fans for Sunday:clap: :clap: :waycool:

Don't forget to come down to this awesome event...

why not spend the day lounging in Greenwich Park:yum: , before a nice meal :drool: and a fantastic dance:worthy: ???

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 06:45 PM
Regret I'm going to miss this one now :sad:

I will get to to one, one day...

Tazmanian Devil
20th-July-2006, 10:57 PM
Regret I'm going to miss this one now :sad:

I will get to to one, one day...

:sad: Thats a shame sweetie it would have been lovely to see you :sad:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-July-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm very sorry to say I won't be able to make this one either.

:tears:

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-July-2006, 02:05 AM
Yippee not long to go now :clap:

Had a good night tonight after a good day with Witty :clap: Now to get ready for a great day tomorrow on the boat and at slinkys :D

WittyBird
23rd-July-2006, 03:18 AM
Yippee not long to go now :clap:

Had a good night tonight after a good day with Witty :clap: Now to get ready for a great day tomorrow on the boat and at slinkys :D

Don't rub it in......... I can't make it :mad:

But I will be having a lovely evening with JacksonDonut :clap: And Possibly the very beautiful Miss Conduct :cheers:

Georgious dancer
23rd-July-2006, 01:33 PM
Not even half way through my to-do list and there are only 5 and a half hours to slinky's of which at least an hour is going to be needed to get ready and another hour to get there as i am reliant on public transport as my car broke down!

On that note I'd better go!

See you later!

under par
24th-July-2006, 03:44 AM
Mrs Par and I paid a brief visit last night to Slinkys on the way home from Weston.

Danced mostly downstairs, nice to so many forumites there.:yeah: Managed to catch a dance with most of you:flower:

Was v. v. hot.

Music was ace from Sheepman and i tried to keep dancing as much as I could but I was melting. Probably not helped by the fact Mrs Par and I caught rather too much sun in Bristol in the afternoon.

Great venue though and although the summer causes smaller crowds keep up the stirling efforts please Dan and Russell.:respect:

Mrs Par and I will be back for more:clap: :cheers:

Missy D
24th-July-2006, 09:20 AM
What a lovely venue although a little hot.

I had some amazing dances with Mikeyr :hug: if only we could have danced like that at WSM.

Good to see a few forumites there although I didnt get to chat to all of them :clap:

I look forward to the next Slinkys:clap: :clap:

Cruella
24th-July-2006, 09:30 AM
I love this venue, always seems to have a good atmosphere to me. A shame the numbers weren't higher, this venue needs supporting or we'll lose it! I had great dances all night and got to practice my WCS with Paul lots, thanks for the music Greg :wink:

Dizzy
24th-July-2006, 09:36 AM
I love this venue, always seems to have a good atmosphere to me. A shame the numbers weren't higher, this venue needs supporting or we'll lose it!

I really like this venue, the atmosphere, the music is just right and the floor is generally in good condition :clap: (although last night, the middle of the main dance floor was very sticky :( ) .

The rooms were really hot last night but the guys did try their best to provide lots of fans.

Big thanks to Russell and Dan for their efforts in providing Slinky's :clap: :flower: Well worth the 2 hour trip from the other side of London :sick:

Cruella
24th-July-2006, 09:57 AM
this venue needs supporting or we'll lose it!
Apparently the losses were huge last night! Nearly £1000!! I think the heat puts people off dancing and with Beach Boogie, Weston Comp, Ashtons, The Big Dance and Hammersmith all on in one weekend it meant Slinkys suffered.

Tazmanian Devil
24th-July-2006, 10:38 AM
Apparently the losses were huge last night! Nearly £1000!! I think the heat puts people off dancing and with Beach Boogie, Weston Comp, Ashtons, The Big Dance and Hammersmith all on in one weekend it meant Slinkys suffered.
:yeah: Unfortunately also the boat was on during the day. I stood outside handing out Slinkys leaflets for the last hour and there were quite a few people that was going to attened but with the heat from the boat all they wnted to do was go home and have a cool shower :sad: It's such a shame really. Although on the same note there were quite a few people from the boat that did attend so well done them :clap: :clap:

I had a great evening got there a little late this time as my plans changed last minute on leaving the boat but all the same the way my day panned out was great :D I love the Slinkys venue the floor is great, it always attracts a good crown with a great atmosphere, and the staff there are always polite last night they even opened a mini shop downstairs off their own back to keep us lot in the blues room happy :clap: Dan didn't know there was drinks for sale in the blues room till about half an hour ago. Big thanks to Dan and Russell for the music upstairs you done well boys especially seeing as you were one DJ down :worthy: :worthy: Also big thanks to Sheepy for the music downstairs we didn't get to dance unfortunately :sad: Next time hun your mine :devil:

Thanks to everyone for my dances :kiss: :hug:

Top Bird
24th-July-2006, 11:59 AM
I had a great night - just love the venue and last night, the fans really helped - thanks guys. :cheers:

Such a pity the numbers were down, but then on such a hot day, with all the other events happening, not really too surprising.

Spent all evening downstairs in the blues room and had some fab dances. Robd you are one cool dude to dance with, and god fun too - thanks. Raph - loads of great dances with you too and Russell, you were on form last night, or was it me who was on form, anyway :respect: to everyone who made the effort. Music wasa great too - thanks sheepy.

Hopefully, you will organise another Slinky's, perhaps when it is less hot and humid - will look forward to it.
:clap: :clap:

Emma
24th-July-2006, 02:01 PM
FAB night last night at Slinky's, despite the low numbers.

An especial mention has to go to the Marilyn Monroe fans!! Thanks for that, boys!! :flower: :flower: ;)

Tazmanian Devil
24th-July-2006, 03:17 PM
My Slinkys photos here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=536) Enjoy :D

Georgious dancer
24th-July-2006, 07:21 PM
Had a superb evening last night. Yes it was hot but that didn't stop me enjoying my evening. Great Music, Great Dancer, Top venue. I just love Slinky's!

Thanks to all the people that I danced with, too many to name! Looking forward to the next one already!

robd
24th-July-2006, 07:36 PM
I had a fantastic evening despite the relatively low turnout. I danced maybe 4 or 5 songs upstairs, went downstairs and never returned. What it is about Blues rooms I don't know but I can't get enough of them. Thanks to the gorgeous and fantastically talented ladies there who made it one of my best night's dancing ever, you know who you are.

Roll on the next one, woo hoo :clap:

Missy D
25th-July-2006, 12:06 AM
My Slinkys photos here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=536) Enjoy :D

Great pics Taz especially the ones taken of you:nice:

Tazmanian Devil
25th-July-2006, 01:15 AM
Great pics Taz especially the ones taken of you:nice:

Had a good photographer babes :wink: