PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Party

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 10:08 AM
The party in Glasgow on April 12th has a chocolate theme :D :yum: but :confused: ! And Bill BTC can't be there :what: :tears:

I'm not sure what to expect and don't know what to wear ...

Will Franck just teach the boys how to dance with a bag of Malteasers and feed them to the girls every time he would normally do a return or what ??? Do we all have to fight for Stevie Wong's silver paper trousers ???

Wx

Franck
7th-April-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
The party in Glasgow on April 12th has a chocolate theme :D :yum:
...I'm not sure what to expect and don't know what to wear ... Well, Wendy, the first thing to expect will be chocolate... there will be lots of chocolate for everyone.

As for what to wear, it is not a fancy dress night, but it would be nice if the colour chocolate was present in some way... So everyone wear chocolate .

Ceroc Jock will have to dig out all his 'Hot Chocolate ' hits and I am sure that by the end of the night, we will all be melting :D

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the 'Better Than Chocolate ' aspect of the night, though I am sure some of the men will oblige :wink:

The party will start at 8.00pm with a Chocolate theme class just before 9.00pm and we can dance the night away until 1.00am in the fabulous Henry Wood Hall...

Over and above that, Emma (internationally acclaimed artist and honored member of this Forum) will be there with a selection of prints relating to dance (and maybe chocolate :wink: ) so you can see / purchase them on the night!

Franck.

Dave Hancock
7th-April-2003, 11:18 AM
Perhaps the lassies can dance with Roses in their mouths:sorry :sorry

SwingSwingSwing
7th-April-2003, 11:20 AM
*warning* - bad jokes ahead

I'm sure Bill not being there won't Mars the event and he's Bounty turn up some other time. Mind you if you'd grabbed him by the Curly-wurlies before going on holiday you might have got him to change his mind.

Anyway, they'll be a Galaxy of other dancers there and everybody will Revels in the occasion. I'm sure there will be a Twirl or two in which the girls will show their Snickers, causing a Wispa amongst the galleries.

SwingSwingSwing

Dave Hancock
7th-April-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
I'm not sure what to expect and don't know what to wear ... To return to Topic, why don't you give us all a boost and delight us with a Turkish outfit, other than that my only suggestion is we keep our outfits Secrets...

TheTramp
7th-April-2003, 11:33 AM
I don't know.

Franck, are you the devil? Tempting all your young lads and lasses with chocolate like you are.

Just remember people, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!!

(Yes, this is all because I'm just jealous, cos I can't come).

Steve

Franck
7th-April-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Franck, are you the devil? Tempting all your young lads and lasses with chocolate like you are.

Just remember people, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!!

(Yes, this is all because I'm just jealous, cos I can't come). Devil??? Moi??? How can you say that :wink: :devil:

Nobody should worry about the chocolate, with all the dancing we will all be doing, we should end the night happy and in credit! :D

I don't buy the 'Can't come' thing either... where there's a will, there's a (Milky) Way :wink: Get yourself a plane ticket, and join the fun...

Franck.

TheTramp
7th-April-2003, 11:56 AM
I don't buy the 'Can't come' thing either... where there's a will, there's a (Milky) Way Get yourself a plane ticket, and join the fun...I'd love to. I did even spend some time looking at plane and train prices. But I just couldn't afford it :tears:

Next time though!!

Steve

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Franck
the first thing to expect will be chocolate... there will be lots of chocolate for everyone.

As for what to wear, it is not a fancy dress night, but it would be nice if the colour chocolate was present in some way... So everyone wear chocolate .

Ceroc Jock will have to dig out all his 'Hot Chocolate ' hits and I am sure that by the end of the night, we will all be melting :D Thanks Franck !!! lol

Wxxxx

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Perhaps the lassies can dance with Roses in their mouths:sorry :sorry

Nice one Dave ....

Hey - don't you owe some people chocolate round here !!!

Wxxx

Chicklet
7th-April-2003, 12:36 PM
Perhaps the lassies can dance with Roses in their mouths:sorry :sorry but I was confused, dance with Rose's WHAT in their mouths?:confused:

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 12:39 PM
To return to Topic, why don't you give us all a boost and delight us with a Turkish outfit, other than that my only suggestion is we keep our outfits Secrets...

You are just an Amazin (Raisin Bar - does anyone remember that one ????) guy !!! - or a Fruit and Nut case ! Can't make up my mind !!!

I really wanted to dress up as a CCM .... but think it would be too hard to dance in.

Wxxx

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
*warning* - bad jokes ahead

Well I appreciated them SSS !!

Wxxx

Sandy
7th-April-2003, 02:07 PM
I'd love to. I did even spend some time looking at plane and train prices. But I just couldn't afford it :tears:

Next time though!!

Steve

Stop fudge-ing the issue, be a Smartie and get yourself there somehow!! Be-Twix this and that you will find a way!

Sandy:wink:

Dance Demon
7th-April-2003, 05:11 PM
I'd love to. I did even spend some time looking at plane and train prices. But I just couldn't afford it :tears:

Next time though!!

Steve

Hey Steve, sureley a DRIFTER like you could just hop on a DOUBLE DECKER, :sorry

Graham
7th-April-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Hey Steve, surely a DRIFTER like you could just hop on a DOUBLE DECKER, :sorry Oh good grief - Time Out on the awful puns, please!

TheTramp
7th-April-2003, 06:01 PM
Oh god. I feel a need to join in with this. I'm cringing inside, even as I write....

Well, I could become a travelling MINSTREL and work my way up there. If I made enough money, I could take a TAXI (anyone remember the chocolate wafer biscuits?). I mean, it's not like I have to go as far as the moon, or even MARS, is it?

Steve

Wendy
7th-April-2003, 06:09 PM
No (Kinder) Surprise I'd get replies like these, I should have known better with all these Heroes on the forum .... :tears: :tears: :tears:

And now I'll be awarded the worst thread ever award !!!

Wxxxx

Carla
7th-April-2003, 09:14 PM
We'll not whip you if you come up Steve (....Walnut Whip????)

Sorry.....:what:

Dance Demon
7th-April-2003, 09:21 PM
been following this thread, and how ourexcellent dancers are urging Steve to come uo to the chocolate ball..........
Iteresting to hear the CREAM, EGG Steve on into coming to Glasgow......................................ouch: sorry

Dr. Feelgood
8th-April-2003, 12:12 AM
What a Marathon of chocolate puns - I think a polite Ripple of applause is due

John S
8th-April-2003, 01:40 AM
Personally I thought some of the suggestions were a bit FLAKEy, but I guess we're all in the same CLUB after all.

And of course there's even a Ceroc move called the PENGUIN, so what's the bets on it being one of Franck's "chocolate" class moves?

CJ
8th-April-2003, 01:47 AM
Well, I'm looking forward to this particular Feast... bear in mind though, with the extra hour, it won't be a Picnic, it might feel like a bit of a Marathon.

If I get a Dime, for every shania track I don't play, maybe some Texan blues... that should have them Lion, BAR NONE, in wait to dance.

Still, Cerocers are a Nutty lot, (might not count as it was toffee and peanuts!!) but the tunes will be right up quality street!!:sorry

Chicklet
8th-April-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Oh good grief - Time Out on the awful puns, please!

So Graham it looks like you want To B Lerone.

Graham
8th-April-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
So Graham it looks like you want To B Lerone. :rolleyes:

Lorna
10th-April-2003, 12:41 PM
Hiya everyone,

just managed to scrape enough 'chocolate' brownie points together and I'm being allowed off 'baby duty' this weekend and I'm coming to Glasgow for both the party and the workshop. Really looking forward to it. Haven't been at a Glasgow party for a couple of years now, apart from the anniversary bash.

Franck has just phoned me and I'm afraid to say that he is going to let me loose on you guys and I will be doing the class. Never done a Glasgow class before, I hope you will be kind to me! :wink:

Can't wait to see you all and put a few faces to some names. Wondering who I can borrow for a demo. Any ideas!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
10th-April-2003, 12:45 PM
Wondering who I can borrow for a demo. You know you'll never be able to replace me Lorna :D

Steve

Lorna
10th-April-2003, 12:47 PM
Hi again,

ooh, I get to go shopping this afternoon, 'boost!!' to try to find something chocolate coloured to wear. Mmm, may be difficult as it's not really in season. Nevermind, great excuse to spend the afternoon trying on clothes. :nice:

Please post your ideas for a demo. I have used the gorgeous Brady before, don't mind using and abusing him again if he's up for it but would also like to know if there are other possibilities.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Lorna
10th-April-2003, 12:48 PM
You know you'll never be able to replace me Lorna :D

Steve

yeah, but you'll not be there will you? :sad:

Lorna x-x

TheTramp
10th-April-2003, 12:50 PM
I wish!!!

Nevermind. Not long now, and you'll probably be seeing, and hearing, me more than you could ever want to!!!

:kiss:

Steve

Chicklet
10th-April-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
Can't wait to see you all and put a few faces to some names. Wondering who I can borrow for a demo. Any ideas! Hi Lorna,

Just a little FYI, too many accountants have revealed themseves around here recently so you're unlikely to get a BORROW.

You might be wise to set up a con-call with Franck and a steering committee to decide what kind of material margin he needs to make on the night and then break the whole thing down by cost centre, ensuring an appropriate overhead allocation method for shared services, remember that NI has just gone up and see what's left in the sales and marketing budget for a demo.

You might only be able to afford Graham.:wink: His manager will be able to tell you if he's free.

But seriously, one vote for something with a slow sexy dip.:devil:

Cx

:D

TheTramp
10th-April-2003, 01:03 PM
Chickie

I think you're taking this accountant thing just a little (lot) too far :D

Steve

Lorna
10th-April-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi Lorna,

But seriously, one vote for something with a slow sexy dip.:devil:

Cx

:D

Ooh, you little devil you!

Will try to accomodate this, but will need to think up a yummy chocolately name for it. Got a whole 2 days of fun ahead of me. Need to get loads of chocolate to eat too, just for the inspiration you understand.
:wink:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Aleks
10th-April-2003, 01:43 PM
Ooh, you little devil you!

Will try to accomodate this, but will need to think up a yummy chocolately name for it. Got a whole 2 days of fun ahead of me. Need to get loads of chocolate to eat too, just for the inspiration you understand.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x Choc Fondue??????

Emma
10th-April-2003, 03:55 PM
Need to get loads of chocolate to eat too, just for the inspiration you understand.

It's a tough job, Lorna, but someone has to do it :) :)

Graham
10th-April-2003, 04:27 PM

You might only be able to afford Graham.:wink:

Exactly what are you implying? :reallymad

Sandy
10th-April-2003, 04:31 PM
Hi again,

ooh, I get to go shopping this afternoon, 'boost!!' to try to find something chocolate coloured to wear.
Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Did you find anything?? So jealous but have great fun. :tears: :wink:

Chicklet
10th-April-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Exactly what are you implying? :reallymad

Oh dear, don't you just hate it when Franck adds words into your posts?????:wink:

Obviously I wrote
"you might be able to afford Graham" didn't I!!!!!!!!!:D :kiss:

Lorna
10th-April-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Did you find anything?? So jealous but have great fun. :tears: :wink:

I did, and typical, I got it in the first shop I looked. :reallymad

Nothing exciting, (and no where near as cool as Wendy's idea - go girl!!). I found it really hard to get a chocolate brown top. It's a bit of a drab colour really. :sad:

Nevermind, I'll wear it with a huge smile.
:grin:

See you all on Saturday,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Tiggerbabe
13th-April-2003, 01:19 PM
And no wonder you were smiling Lorna - doing that ripple move with Brady behind you :wink: (funny that you needed to go over it so many times before the class got the hang of it:D :yum: ).

Was a great night - music was brill CJ (well apart from one record - but I'm not naming names to protect the innocent :innocent: I'm pretty sure it had been a request :what: )

Loved the chocolates on the table Franck - especially the ones in the little boxes :drool:

Looking forward to the next Glasgow party - it's a great venue. :waycool:

Heather
13th-April-2003, 08:58 PM
:D :D Just thought I'd add my thanks, Franck, for a simply FABULOUS dance in the Henry Wood Hall.
CJ, you excelled yourself, the music was brill, what was the track Sheena didn't like?- Not VEM VET, surely!!!:sick: :wink:

The chocs in the little boxes were totally orgasmic!!! I'll be running out to Tesco at the earliest opportunity to buy a box all to myself.:yum:
As for the Chicklet - the Mad crew had you sussed out straight away- no hiding place for you now dear, we KNOW who you are!!

Like Sheena, I can't wait for the next Glasgow party !!

Heather,
XX

Twinkle Toes
13th-April-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D Just thought I'd add my thanks, Franck, for a simply FABULOUS dance in the Henry Wood Hall.

:D Ditto

CJ, you excelled yourself, the music was brill,

The chocs in the little boxes were totally orgasmic!!!

As for the Chicklet - the Mad crew had you sussed out straight away- no hiding place for you now dear, we KNOW who you are!!

Like Sheena, I can't wait for the next Glasgow party !!

Sorry Frank, have to draw the line here. No :kiss: for you ...... you're a married man !!!

:wink: :wink: TT

TheTramp
13th-April-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm not married :rolleyes: :drool:

Steve

Twinkle Toes
14th-April-2003, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
I'm not married :rolleyes: :drool:

Steve

Hey, I just gave you a :hug: in another thread. We wouldn't want to spoil you - would we :wink: :wink:

TT

TheTramp
14th-April-2003, 07:41 AM
Ummmmm.

Do I have any say in the spoiling thing?

Steve

Chicklet
14th-April-2003, 08:25 AM
Now I've

Had

The Time of My Life

:devil:

Well and truly rumbled, but I knew I didn't have a chickies chance in a cat cage really so delighted to be outed.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening, including a new experience or 6 :innocent: I'm ready to go further than BTC to Better Thana Ma Mammas Lasagne - it doesn't quite roll of the tongue so well but he knows who he is.:wink:

Lovely to see all the lovely D MAds and Emma and Lorna and meet Franck and great venue etc etc etc....next time maybe we'll have to roll that beautiful big piano out of the corner after the lights come up and give it a couple of verses of Volare????

C

Franck
14th-April-2003, 11:56 AM
Lovely to see all the lovely D MAds and Emma and Lorna and meet Franck and great venue etc etc etc.... Thanks Chicklet, and it was great to (finally) meet and dance with you... Where had you been hiding before? :wink:

Looking forward to more dances...

Echoing everyone else's posts, I had a fantastic time and a lot of incredible dances on Saturday...

I would like to compliment everyone on their chocolate outfits... they were all so tasty :yum: :devil: :waycool:

Can't wait for the next party... :cheers: :hug:

Franck.

linda
14th-April-2003, 12:16 PM
Yes, I had a great night too:grin: even although chocolate is forbidden to me :sad:. Can you imagine the agony:tears:?and not even the alternative is available to me, because of that vow Heather made me take:sad: Still it really was a good night, lots of great dances, thanks Franck:hug:, maybe next time you could get me some jelly babies?:wink:

:cheers:

Linda

TheTramp
14th-April-2003, 12:18 PM
Yeah, yeah.

So, I can't make the next party either. You all better wait until July before you have any more fun. Or I'll have to cry :tears:

Oh, and Linda....What's the alternative to chocolate?? :rolleyes:

Steve

linda
14th-April-2003, 12:27 PM
What's the alternative to chocolate?

Why Steve, I'm surprised you need to ask :wink:

:cheers:

Linda

TheTramp
14th-April-2003, 12:33 PM
Please don't forget that I am very shy and innocent.....

And why would Heather make you take a vow against whatever it is anyhow?

Steve

Franck
14th-April-2003, 12:39 PM
And why would Heather make you take a vow against whatever it is anyhow? Indeed! I was wondering the same thing myself... :nice: :really:

Franck. :hug:

Graham
14th-April-2003, 12:50 PM
I had a great night too, but was surprised not to see old BTC himself, since he and Fran had both indicated they were going to go. Surely it couldn't be that he'd heard you were getting some really nice chocolate, Franck, and bottled out in case he couldn't measure up to his title after all?? :devil:

Still, at least it was easier for me to get a dance with all the lovely ladies :grin: .

Wendy
14th-April-2003, 12:57 PM
Had a great party too !!! And although didn't get to taste the chocs in the wee square boxs and didn't experience that ol' BTC magic :tears:, had some wonderful dances (you know who you are :hug: :kiss: ) ...even the cheesy ones with Franck :wink:

Next time I'll save the last dance for you, Lorna...

Wxxxxx

linda
14th-April-2003, 01:34 PM
And why would Heather make you take a vow against whatever it is?

You know Steve and Franck,
Heather and I are very particular:wink: :wink:. We're saving ourselves for the BTC experience, but only with the right partner:grin: Why settle for cheap plonk when you can have Champagne?:grin:

Linda

Emma
14th-April-2003, 07:59 PM
Woo Hoo just about home (though my brain is following on a slower train I think)...

What a fab party, most of the dances I had were definitely BTC :) :).. I should know, I was eating the stuff all evening...and that ripple move was fab, Lorna - especially with the right partner :wink:

And what is this little cutie? - :hug: I like it! :hug:'s all round...can't wait to see you all again!

Tiggerbabe
14th-April-2003, 08:43 PM
Great to see you too Emma - and thanks for letting us hijack your hotel room before (and after:wink: ) the party.

Our dance was brill - you're a great lead - it was a lot of fun :hug:

See you in Chiswick - if you're not too posh that is :wink: :wink:

Lorna
14th-April-2003, 11:32 PM
[Next time I'll save the last dance for you, Lorna...

Wxxxxx [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you! Hope it's worth waiting for. :nice:

Had a lovely night on Saturday, great meal, great company, great demo (Brady - thank you) and fab dances. I think I danced with nearly every male and female there. Sorry if I missed anyone. I was so exhausted that I actually felt sick in the car on the way home.
:sick: (always a sign that I've had a good night).

Great to finally meet and chat to Emma, Chicklet, Wendy, Graham, Jayne - gosh everyone!!!!

Would also like to say that I really enjoyed the workshop on the Sunday. Franck really is the master of workshops. Doesn't matter how long you have been dancing - you always learn something new. :wink:

Sorry it's taken a while for me to post but had to take baby to emergency doctor on Sunday after workshop so stayed an extra night in sunny Hamilton.

See you all soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Emma
15th-April-2003, 12:27 AM

Great to finally meet and chat to Emma, Chicklet, Wendy, Graham, Jayne - gosh everyone!!!!

good to meet you too...thanks for a lovely dance and fab demo-ing the next day!

Sorry it's taken a while for me to post but had to take baby to emergency doctor on Sunday after workshop so stayed an extra night in sunny Hamilton.

See you all soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x
I hope she's better now!! :hug: Em xx

Twinkle Toes
15th-April-2003, 02:08 AM
Please don't forget that I am very shy and innocent.....
Steve

:what: ... and I was told you were a womaniser !
:innocent: ... must learn not to believe everything I hear. :D

I see your :hug: have gone down very well today.

... and here's a special one for you, since you try so hard.:wink:

TT

TheTramp
15th-April-2003, 04:52 AM
And just who told you that then TT?

Such scurrilous lies. I really am very quiet and shy....

:hug:

Steve

Wendy
15th-April-2003, 08:44 AM
I really am very quiet and shy....

He really is... underneath that loud and brash exterior !!!

Wxxx

Twinkle Toes
15th-April-2003, 09:44 AM
And just who told you that then TT?

My lips are sealed :what:

Such scurrilous lies. I really am very quiet and shy.... :hug: Steve

Yeah, and I'm Kylie Minogue :innocent:

:wink: :wink:

TheTramp
15th-April-2003, 09:48 AM
Nah. Listen to Wendy.

Away from dancing, I hardly say a word to anyone.

Steve

Twinkle Toes
15th-April-2003, 09:52 AM
Nah. Listen to Wendy.

Away from dancing, I hardly say a word to anyone.

Steve

:really: That'll be why you have so much to say on the forum then ! :D

Wendy
15th-April-2003, 10:51 AM
Love your wee kissing girl, Kylie (I knew it was you !!!)

Wxxx

Lorna
15th-April-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi Wendy,

forgot to mention,

fabulous 'head banging'. You go girl!! :waycool:

Maybe, if you ask nicely, you could get an audition to get into CJ's band.:wink:

See ya,

Oh, and Chicklet, I had a chocolate head on me this afternoon and I went to find the little chocolate chicks you gave me but they've gone. Someone half-inched them, can you believe it?

I was really looking forward to them too. :sad:

WHO STOLE MY CHOCOLATE CHICKS???

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Wendy
15th-April-2003, 07:22 PM

Maybe, if you ask nicely, you could get an audition to get into CJ's band.:wink:

See

I'm sure he has enough headbangers as it is...

Thanks anyway !!!

Wxxxx