PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Focus Workshop and Tea Dance!

Freya
22nd-June-2006, 07:25 PM
There is a bunch of us Aberdonians coming down for the Workshop and Tea Dance on sunday.

We were wondering since the Workshops start at 1.30pm if people would like to meet before hand to grab a Lite Bite to Eat.

Thinking bout going to The Brewer Fayer - Pirnhall Inn which apparently is just round the Corner (OK McJester - it's actually on the Same Road!) from the King Robert Hotel!

It would be great to chill out and have a natter before getting down to some serious dancing!

Freya xXx :flower:

johnthehappyguy
23rd-June-2006, 10:55 AM
Sounds great,

Count me in !

John:nice:

Aleks
23rd-June-2006, 11:17 AM
Would have loved to join you but am on a course all weekend.
I'd love to do it next month if you organise it again!

Piglet
23rd-June-2006, 12:43 PM
Would have loved to join you but am on a course all weekend.
I'd love to do it next month if you organise it again!
Sounds great, but next month is Amir's workshops :clap: We could still do the food thing though :wink:

firefly
23rd-June-2006, 03:58 PM
Ooh, can I come? What time do you think you'll get there? :cheers:

johnthehappyguy
23rd-June-2006, 08:56 PM
Ooh, can I come? What time do you think you'll get there? :cheers:
:yeah: I can get there anytime !!!

Any ideas where and when ?

John:nice:

Freya
23rd-June-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey everyone welcome!

12pm in the Brewers Fayer that I mentioned in first post!

Dance Demon
25th-June-2006, 10:37 PM
Finally got along to the King Robert. I've always had something else to do when they come around. Mrs DD and me had a great afternoon. Fab choons from Tiggerbabe, fab dances with lots of lovely ladies. Finally got to meet Piglet, ta for the dances:hug: , and tea & cake chucked in too:drool: Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Then along to the Brewers Fayre place along the road for Sunday dinner, and a nice pint of Belhaven Best extra cold:drool: ......Great day, thanks all:cheers:

Piglet
25th-June-2006, 10:40 PM
Great day, thanks all:cheers:
:yeah: Stonking afternoon as usual!

Thanks for the dances DD - have danced with you before but think this was pre my forum days:D

Tiggerbabe
25th-June-2006, 11:00 PM
and tea & cake chucked in too:drool:
It was great to see you there :hug:
I thought Janet had excelled herself with the iced ginger cake but ooooh! that coconut one was just brilliant :drool:

Freya
25th-June-2006, 11:30 PM
What a GREAT Way to spend a Sunday!

Had a Fab drive down with a car full and a lovely Lunch at the end of it! Great to see those that made it up a wee bit earlier to join us Aberdonians!!

Workshop
:respect: To Franck for a great connection workshop! It was good to Focus ( :wink: ) on part of dancing that usually gets forgotten in amongst actually getting the moves right! It was a nice small group and was much more Relaxed than a normal Class. It was good to be able to easily ask questions and get a lot of Personal input! Definately recommend the workshop to those who are looking to improve their dance technique rather than looking for new moves!

Today's class focused on unusual handholds and when and how they can be used to improve the Dance! What a difference it made! (At least I hope it made a difference to my dancing) I was a lot more aware of where and how I was being Led.

Tea Dance

Sheena once again you Excelled with the choice of Music! I never wanted to leave the Dance Floor!

However I did Once to change My top as It was absolutely roasting, despite best efforts to cool it down with fans and all the Windows were open, due to the fact that it was a gloriously sunny day! And a couple of times to get some Fabulous Cake!

Thanx for all the Dances Guys I loved Everyone and they Were all so Different! I love it when The Music is Varried and You get the Chance to dance with everyone a few times. You get to get a feel for their style and have a little input into what your doing! Special Mention must go to KillingTime, Ducasi, Crossa, Mcjester and PretzelMeister Love the Dances as Always and thanx for putting up with me messing about!! But For Franck a Big :hug: although alway FAB to dance with I Don't think I've had such a Fantastic dances with you as I did today!

Ok Gushing Nearly over!!!

One More Thank you to Shiney Wee Star, Firefly and Piglet for letting me have a go at leading you guys! I'm sorry I'm so Terrible and not the easiest to Follow! In the Words of Trampy "I'm only a Beginner!"

:hug:

Yliander
26th-June-2006, 12:06 AM
Another fabulous Sunday afternoon

here (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=bn23palx.562ihln1&Uy=-l0ip01&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB) are my photos from this lovely sunny afternoon

ducasi
26th-June-2006, 12:18 AM
Cool pics Yliander, and I don't appear in many either! :clap:

My photos will be ready to share soon, but in the meantime, here's a link to my blog article (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/06/25/stirling-tea-dance-june-06/) about the tea dance.

(Oh, and good news Yli – you don't appear in many of mine either! ;))

Tiggerbabe
26th-June-2006, 12:20 AM
:eek: normally I manage to escape - great photos, especially the ones of Piglet :clap:

killingtime
26th-June-2006, 11:00 AM
:eek: normally I manage to escape - great photos, especially the ones of Piglet :clap:

Piglet photographs well :flower:.

Had a lovely lovely time and enjoyed pretty much every dance I had even if it felt like we were surrounded by the Paparazzi :really:.

I liked the photos (mostly) :na:.

ducasi
26th-June-2006, 12:20 PM
Piglet photographs well :flower:.

Had a lovely lovely time and enjoyed pretty much every dance I had even if it felt like we were surrounded by the Paparazzi :really:.

I liked the photos (mostly) :na:.
:yeah:

Think there was a bit of photographic over-kill yesterday... :blush:

Anyway, you can find my latest set of photos here (http://ducasi.org/photos/). :)

Apologies that most of them are a bit blurry – I still prefer the clarity of a non-flash image.

Oh, and watch out for the semi-naked person caught in one of the pics! :really:

firefly
26th-June-2006, 12:22 PM
Great workshop, and fab afternoon's dancing.

Finally got a dance with Dance Demon; wonder if he recognised me? :innocent: :wink:

Lovely cake as always. You're right Tiggerbabe, I'm not normally a fan of coconut but that coconut cake was just delicious :drool:

Thanks to Freya and the Aberdonians for letting me join you for lunch. Nice to meet more forumites! And BTW Freya I think you're a great lead; very clear and not hard to follow at all. :respect:

It did rather feel like the paparazzi were out in force with all the flashes going off. Thankfully I seem to have escaped! That reminds me Piglet, I meant to say yesterday that I loved your shoes. Are they easy to dance in? I haven't tried dancing in flat shoes before.

Thanks again to all my partners, and to Franck and Sheena for the workshop, the dance, and the brilliant music :clap:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 12:33 PM
And to think... I haven't posted my photos yet.

Thanks for all the lovely comments - I think if I could control my facial expressions more I'd be happier with the Piglet ones - :rofl: although I love that last one of me and Killingtime, cos that's me in the middle of my Piglet move :D

The stunning dancer to me is Isabelle though - she always looks beautiful and she doesn't even have to try to - lovely photos Yliander.

Will post mine as soon as I locate the cable to do it with - might take a while cos I've not a clue where I've hidden it :rolleyes:

It was such a lovely day and these photos are just making me smile remembering the fab time! :hug:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 12:38 PM
I meant to say yesterday that I loved your shoes. Are they easy to dance in? I haven't tried dancing in flat shoes before.
I love dancing in moccassins (excuse spelling) - bought those for last years comp, but I warn you they are really slippy on some floors - such as yesterdays and Musselburgh's Brunton Hall. I got them in Accessorize (I think - you could get them most places last year) and the bonus (or not of this pair) is that they have ribbons attached so you can tie them on if they're a bit loose - (but they're a b*gg*r when the ribbons come loose - however, can be great fun trying to dance and not step on the ribbons) :D

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 12:41 PM
Oh, and watch out for the semi-naked person caught in one of the pics! :really:
Ok I've looked twice now and still can't find them - which photo is it?:devil:

The Passion Harem
26th-June-2006, 01:03 PM
Tiggerbabe, I think you slow down after 2 double Martinis allowing the paparazzi to catch up with you. Thank you for the afternoon’s music, it was great. The dance was not to bad too…:flower:

Thank you to everyone else I danced with :flower: . However a special mention must go to killingtime, Louisa and tattie for the wonderful fun foursome we had, interchanging partners and ending in a group :hug:

Franck will you be recapping on the ‘tongue’ connection at your Focus Workshop Technical Weekend in October? :rolleyes:

:respect: for the photos.

firefly
26th-June-2006, 01:09 PM
Pic no.17 on the right hand side - up on the stage :wink:

Not that I would have noticed any semi-nakedness unless I'd been looking for it :innocent:

ducasi
26th-June-2006, 01:20 PM
Pic no.17 on the right hand side - up on the stage :wink: Almost, but not quite right! Presume that's just a typo though... Well spotted. :nice:

Not that I would have noticed any semi-nakedness unless I'd been looking for it :innocent: :yeah:

Won't say who did notice it though... :wink:

Yliander
26th-June-2006, 01:24 PM
Almost, but not quite right! Presume that's just a typo though... Well spotted. :nice:
:yeah: aha!! I found it - knowing that it was on the stage helped narrow the search - and the image number is SANY0033.JPG.html ;)

Tiggerbabe
26th-June-2006, 01:57 PM
Franck will you be recapping on the ‘tongue’ connection at your Focus Workshop Technical Weekend in October? :rolleyes:

We were trying to keep that workshop a secret :) as bookings are already coming in too fast for me to keep up with :wink:

GOOD NEWS TIME! There will now be a tea dance on Sunday 23rd July, Stirling Jango Weekend Sunday, in the King Robert Hotel, from 5.30pm until 8.30pm. Yours truly on the decks :D

ducasi
26th-June-2006, 02:05 PM
GOOD NEWS TIME! There will now be a tea dance on Sunday 23rd July, Stirling Jango Weekend Sunday, in the King Robert Hotel, from 5.30pm until 8.30pm. Yours truly on the decks :D
That's excellent news!

English forumites – book your flights now, it's going to be a great weekend!! :clap:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 04:04 PM
aha!! I found it - knowing that it was on the stage helped narrow the search - and the image number is SANY0033.JPG.html ;)
Thanks Yliander - I still couldn't find it - what a difference when you enlarge it though - where's the wolf whistle smiley?

And :clap: to the tea dance coming up. Boy this is going to be fun.

Freya
26th-June-2006, 05:05 PM
We were trying to keep that workshop a secret :) as bookings are already coming in too fast for me to keep up with :wink:

Fab can we come just for the Tea dance as normal?

Franck
26th-June-2006, 05:06 PM
There will now be a tea dance on Sunday 23rd July, Stirling Jango Weekend Sunday, in the King Robert Hotel, from 5.30pm until 8.30pm. Yours truly on the decks :DFab can we come just for the Tea dance as normal?
Yes, Anyone doing the workshops package get the Tea-dance cheaper, but you can just turn up for the Sunday tea-dance at 5.30pm and pay at the door... :D

Freya
26th-June-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes,... :D
Thanx Hun! Can't make Sat so I'll be down! Finish placement on the Fri and It's my week off and My Birthday That week so Lots of Dancing Planned for ME!!!!!!!

Dance Demon
26th-June-2006, 06:06 PM
English forumites – book your flights now, it's going to be a great weekend!! :clap:

It sure is.....you can come to Red Hot & Blue on the Friday night too, and make a real weekend of it:D

The Passion Harem
26th-June-2006, 07:07 PM
This is shaping up to be another perfect weekend of dancing...:D

ShinyWeeStar
26th-June-2006, 08:08 PM
My first Stirling tea dance and what an afternoon! I had a fab time; thank you Franck, Sheena and everyone else. My friend Kate had a great afternoon too and now thinks she's hooked! :clap: Thank you all for looking after her so well. :hug:

Looking forward to the next one! :D

One More Thank you to Shiney Wee Star, Firefly and Piglet for letting me have a go at leading you guys! I'm sorry I'm so Terrible and not the easiest to Follow! In the Words of Trampy "I'm only a Beginner!"

And BTW Freya I think you're a great lead; very clear and not hard to follow at all.
:yeah:

Not at all - you were actually really easy to follow and I really enjoyed our dance, so thank you. :hug:

Freya
26th-June-2006, 09:23 PM
Not at all - you were actually really easy to follow and I really enjoyed our dance, so thank you. :hug:

Thanks to Freya and the Aberdonians for letting me join you for lunch. Nice to meet more forumites! And BTW Freya I think you're a great lead; very clear and not hard to follow at all.

Thank you both of you! :hug:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank you both of you! :hug:
I agree with the girls too! Great fun and very clear :respect:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 11:03 PM
Some of my photos just now (more to follow - probably tomorrow)

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4x3gx3kl.clyi2kh9&Uy=vd8h7b&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB

Freya
26th-June-2006, 11:08 PM
Great photo's! Looking forward to the Rest!

Beowulf
26th-June-2006, 11:09 PM
excellent pics all.. must go to one of these sometime.. the crowds don't look too overwhelming

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 11:12 PM
the crowds don't look too overwhelming
Not so much a crowd as a select group of people - all lovely dancers!
But I have a feeling next months will be the exception and very heavily busy, so maybe wait for the August one :hug:

Piglet
26th-June-2006, 11:41 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4x3gx3kl.7kw6jih9&Uy=od8u6q&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB

Freya
26th-June-2006, 11:47 PM
Yliander, pamela...do you mind if I save a copy of these pics and put them on my ringo site?

ducasi
27th-June-2006, 12:22 AM
Yliander, pamela...do you mind if I save a copy of these pics and put them on my ringo site?
Telling that you didn't include me there...

:tears:

EDIT: OK, next time I'll use the flash! :nice:

Freya
27th-June-2006, 01:09 AM
Telling that you didn't include me there...

:tears:

EDIT: OK, next time I'll use the flash! :nice:

Sorry ducasi! please may i include yours as well! i did mean to include you in my list!

ducasi
27th-June-2006, 08:30 AM
Sorry ducasi! please may i include yours as well! i did mean to include you in my list! Well, seeing as you ask so nicely... No. :mad:

Just kidding! ;)

Go right ahead... :)

Yliander
27th-June-2006, 09:41 AM
Yliander, pamela...do you mind if I save a copy of these pics and put them on my ringo site?sure why not! as I won't be posting them on ringo

Piglet
27th-June-2006, 12:41 PM
I can't see a problem either :D

Franck
27th-June-2006, 03:20 PM
Franck will you be recapping on the ‘tongue’ connection at your Focus Workshop Technical Weekend in October? :rolleyes:.Unfortunately, that was a one-off, but here are the details of upcoming Focus workshops / events:

Sunday 27th August (King Robert Stirling):
• workshop 1.30pm to 3.30pm - Side steps & lunges: Leading side steps and lateral travel and adding dramatic lunges.
• Tea-dance 3.30pm to 6.30pm (DJ Tiggerbabe).

Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd October - Kirriemuir Residential Focus Week-ender.
The workshops have a limit of 20 couples (those staying in the hotel). We open the parties to anyone and last time we had people from as far away as Inverness, as well as Brechin, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Stirling and Aberdeen (which are much closer :wink: ).
You get dinner on Friday and Saturday night with breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Here (http://www.royaljubileearms.com/) is the homepage for the hotel.

• The workshops I will be teaching are as follows:

- Connection: Separating the connection from the lead to create a smoother and more together feel to the dance and to allow subtle body leads.

- Footwork: Sweeps and Slides. Adding impressive sweeps and slides to your dancing, by using good connection and frame to perform seemingly impossible effects.

- Dancing patterns: Combining slotted dancing, circular patterns and various hybrids to use the dance floor optimally. Controlling the patterns you and your partner draw on the floor will improve your lead & follow as well as adding stylish precision to your dancing.

We are already half-full :clap: so anyone thinking about it, get your skates on :D

Mary
28th-June-2006, 11:42 AM
- Dancing patterns:
so anyone thinking about it, get your skates on :D

OK, this is a new twist to MJ. Or is there no twist involved with skates on?:D Oh gosh, I could go on forever.

M

Tiggerbabe
28th-June-2006, 12:34 PM
OK, this is a new twist to MJ.
Only at the new venue in Dundee Ice Arena :na:

Mary
28th-June-2006, 12:36 PM
Only at the new venue in Dundee Ice Arena :na:

How do I book up and who's teaching?

M

Piglet
3rd-July-2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4x3gx3kl.4rfq1h99&Uy=w9xi8u&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB

My last photos from Stirling :D
Anyone know how I can send a wee video to another forumite if its too large for an email to take as an attachment?

Freya
3rd-July-2006, 05:28 PM
Put it on a CD and post it!

Piglet
3rd-July-2006, 05:37 PM
Put it on a CD and post it!
Will probably end up doing that - unless there's a cheaper way
(Aberdonian remember :whistle: In fact - forget the post - I'd hand deliver :na: )

killingtime
3rd-July-2006, 05:46 PM
Will probably end up doing that - unless there's a cheaper way
(Aberdonian remember :whistle: In fact - forget the post - I'd hand deliver :na: )

I wouldn't worry about it. We'll find a way. If you can find out how big it is it might just be your current mail provider that doesn't like attachments of that size.

Freya
10th-July-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey,

Have finally got round to writing my blog!

It's HERE (http://hyperdancer.wordpress.com/)if you want to read!